Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    Sometimes it tends to hang for a couple minutes on games. It's back to normal now.
    No it's not. It's still telling me I'm playing DCUO. I haven't been playing DCUO for like 2 hours.

Well then something is wrong on your end.
    That's annoying. Guess I should clear my cache or something...eeeh. I'll do it later.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    "Has logged 2362.8 hours of playtime — that's 98 days, 10 hours, and 48 minutes, where Team Fortress 2 is their most played game, which accounts for 47.3% of their playtime."

Yes, I used to play quite a bit of TF2.

(eyes dart side to side nervously)

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Thank you for the adventure team invite!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Thank you for the adventure team invite!

Anytime :)

• Options
    Vaguely LightningproofVaguely Lightningproof Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    aaand after trying to start it up again, I just don't think I'll ever be able to get into the witcher. The story seems so cool but fuck is the combat stupid.

What didn't you like about it, if you don't mind my asking? I finished The Witcher 1 recently and while the combat was hardly amazing it never really impacted my enjoyment.

click-hold. click-hold. click-hold. awkward stance change. click-hold.

snore.

Eh, fair enough I guess. I can see how that might sour your enjoyment if it's an area of the game you're invested in. Personally, the story and choices more than made the game worthwhile for me, but different strokes etc.

EDIT:
    aaand after trying to start it up again, I just don't think I'll ever be able to get into the witcher. The story seems so cool but fuck is the combat stupid.

What didn't you like about it, if you don't mind my asking? I finished The Witcher 1 recently and while the combat was hardly amazing it never really impacted my enjoyment.

I'm actually interested in hearing this as well, since thanks to @FightTest I own The Witcher, but haven't started it yet (mainly because I need to have a decent chunk of time set aside for an eighty hour RPG).

It's probably closer to 50-60* and only if you're a total pleb like me and do every single sidequest. Definitely worth it, though. It took me even longer than this because I got halfway through it one time and had to reformat, so I ended up investing a significant chunk of my life into that game (it took me longer than Persona 4, for Chrissakes).

*He says, as if this is a reasonable amount of time.

Vaguely Lightningproof on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Oh, snap. @Handgimp just classed shit up by gifting me LA Noire. I'm actually a little surprised I didn't already own it. Thank you, sir.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've clocked far fewer hours than I expected.

Though the fact that I don't own Rift on Steam hurts my time at least a little bit.

• Options
    HollowYggdrasilHollowYggdrasil Registered User regular
    It's probably closer to 50-60* and only if you're a total pleb like me and do every single sidequest. Definitely worth it, though. It took me even longer than this because I got halfway through it one time and had to reformat, so I ended up investing a significant chunk of my life into that game (it took me longer than Persona 4, for Chrissakes).

This makes me never want to discuss my Nocturne or Persona 3 playtimes ~_~

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

RPGs take me forever because I'm that gamer who has to explore every single thing. 3D open world RPGs just destroy my freetime. Back when I had my PS3 I drove around for hours before I started doing races in Burnout Paradise, and it took me forever to actually start story missions in Fallout 3 because I was running all over the wasteland just exploring stuff.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Though the fact that I don't own Rift on Steam hurts my time at least a little bit.

I've been considering Rift for a long time, and it's currently on sale on amazon for like 5 bucks, but I'm confused. Didn't it just go free to play, at least until level 20? So couldn't that potentially be a waste of 5 bucks?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I've been considering Rift for a long time, and it's currently on sale on amazon for like 5 bucks, but I'm confused. Didn't it just go free to play, at least until level 20? So couldn't that potentially be a waste of 5 bucks?

I'm not totally sure how the free to play bit works

But it would definitely be a waste of five bucks because I have a couple extra copies, so you know, lemme know if you're interested

Maddoc on
  • Options
    softCactussoftCactus Registered User regular
    @The_Tuninator and @The Dude With Herpes - Thanks for debating HMM6/3

Just wanted to thank two classy crabs for having a discussion about HMM6. Helped me decide to buy it.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    softCactus wrote: »

Just wanted to thank two classy crabs for having a discussion about HMM6. Helped me decide to buy it.

I'm glad our unnecessary petty bickering could help you decide!

:lol:

Seriously, though, enjoy it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    backlog = backlog - 1

Jolly Rover beaten. Not a bad game overall, was expecting far worse. Voice acting was surprisingly good for a game of this "caliber". The humour was light but fun, puzzles range from easy to tricky to "wiggle-mouse-like-crazy-until-you-find-blue-text" but the game has its own personalized UHS included which was a nice detail.
    I was sorta expecting a Monkey Island rip-off... while there are plenty of references and a more than obvious influence, the game ended up having its own nice little personality.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

I'm not totally sure how the free to play bit works

But it would definitely be a waste of five bucks because I have a couple extra copies, so you know, lemme know if you're interested

I'm def. interested.

• Options
    DodosaurDodosaur Registered User regular
    Seems like a good chat.
    Much more civil than the other chats I've been in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Ok, I've been under a rock (camping) all weekend, and I see that GOG.com has Interplay for 50% off!

My list so far:
    Fallout 2
    Descent 3 + Expansion
    Freespace 2
    Freespace + Expansion

What else should I pick up?

I already own Freespace and Freespace 2, but to have it available to download instead of tracking down the CD would be nice. Never played Fallout2 much, maybe demo or a friend's copy? Grabbed Fallout 1 during free giveaway.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Ok, I've been under a rock (camping) all weekend, and I see that GOG.com has Interplay for 50% off!

My list so far:
    Fallout 2
    Descent 3 + Expansion
    Freespace 2
    Freespace + Expansion

What else should I pick up?

I already own Freespace and Freespace 2, but to have it available to download instead of tracking down the CD would be nice. Never played Fallout2 much, maybe demo or a friend's copy? Grabbed Fallout 1 during free giveaway.

MDK 2.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Sacrifice is amazing.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Sacrifice is amazing.

Heard Giants was good too, but never played it. Maybe I should pick up a couple too.

What kind of game is Sacrifice?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Cantido wrote: »
    Sacrifice is amazing.

Heard Giants was good too, but never played it. Maybe I should pick up a couple too.

What kind of game is Sacrifice?

An Overlord-ish (Or pikmin..i guess? never played it) half RTS half actiony strategy game.

You command and give general directions to your units, managing the souls needed to summon them and such, while fulfilling objectives and able to control your avatar directly.

It is a great game, at the time it was virtually unique in what it was attempting to do.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ranked 27280th with 295.9 hours played.

Has played 20/29 games.

Owns 29 games for a total worth of $411.25.

Overall account cost/hour for gametime is $1.39

But I'm a fairly newly resurgent member of the PC gaming scene. I do not look forward to that stat in a years time. (I also echo the above re: wow account.)

Penumbra on
    Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Has logged 1654.5 hours of playtime — that's 68 days, 22 hours, and 30 minutes, where Football Manager 2010 is their most played game, which accounts for 35.9% of their playtime
    I honestly don't know how I feel about this.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Has logged 1654.5 hours of playtime — that's 68 days, 22 hours, and 30 minutes, where Football Manager 2010 is their most played game, which accounts for 35.9% of their playtime

I don't know how I would feel if I had spent nearly a full February of my life playing one video game.

Proud? That's the word I'm looking for.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Yeah I found out that I had my most hours played in Rift? That came as a surprise.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Yeah I found out that I had my most hours played in Rift? That came as a surprise.

Same here, but FM2012 is only like 120 hours behind so give it a month.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Same here, but FM2012 is only like 120 hours behind so give it a month.

Actually most of my Top came as semi surprise:
    Rift
    BFBC2
    STO
    Skyrim(not a surprise but sorta since I had CTD issues that caused many hours not being counted and system lock ups)
    BB
    Bordlands(never did finish Knoxx)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Fun fact: There are no games I hate above the six hour mark. Blocks That Matter, a title I grew to loathe, lasted 5.9 hours before rage quitting and uninstallation occurred.

Also, Champions Online ran at like 5 FPS; I'm pretty sure there's no way I played it for four and a half hours.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to save that post/sig combo for posterity.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

I don't know how I would feel if I had spent nearly a full February of my life playing one video game.

Proud? That's the word I'm looking for.

I checked my top five, and Football Manager games in various forms account for 1349 of my hours spent on Steam.
    I have 259 games, how can one series soak up so much of my time? I must have psychological problems.
    The only saving grace I can think of is that I spent a lot of time without internet, so my stats won't be counted from that time running Steam in offline mode...

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Okay I'll look at wastedonsteam, it can't be that bad, can it?

Ranked 32105th with 121.0 hours played.

Has played 102/400 games.

Owns 400 games for a total worth of $4401.17.

Overall account cost/hour for gametime is $36.37

Hmmm...looks like I need to bring up my ratios...more games is the answer right? I was always bad at math.

In my defense, I don't think I've ever purchased a game at full price.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

I'm actually interested in hearing this as well, since thanks to @FightTest I own The Witcher, but haven't started it yet (mainly because I need to have a decent chunk of time set aside for an eighty hour RPG).

I liked the first Witcher's combat quite a lot, you are clicking to a rhythm to set up longer and more viscerally satisfying combos and I found that I felt more involved in the game as a result of having to think about what I was fighting and select a stance and sword type appropriately. I actually haven't started the second game yet because I hear that they altered the combat substantially based on complaints from the first.

You can't play it like a Diablo clone where you hold down the left mouse button mindlessly, and I think that's what puts a lot of people off.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

We now need a discussion about how fantastic a full fledged HOMM game would be using the Clash of Heroes battle system. Seriously. I don't know how a weird match 3 game is more fun* than the HOMM 3 battles, but it is. The map screen kinda lacks the awesome that kept me obsessively clicking in 3, though. I'm not sure about loosing the story/emotional attachments to my heroes, though. Maybe if there was a set town I could slowly level up in story mode, kinda Bastion-ish-ly.

I probably shouldn't be trying to figure out how to make a game I'm playing at two am more addictive, though.**

* Fun is clearly an objective measure.
    ** Help.

• Options
    Frem wrote: »

We now need a discussion about how fantastic a full fledged HOMM game would be using the Clash of Heroes battle system. Seriously. I don't know how a weird match 3 game is more fun* than the HOMM 3 battles, but it is. The map screen kinda lacks the awesome that kept me obsessively clicking in 3, though. I'm not sure about loosing the story/emotional attachments to my heroes, though. Maybe if there was a set town I could slowly level up in story mode, kinda Bastion-ish-ly.

I probably shouldn't be trying to figure out how to make a game I'm playing at two am more addictive, though.**

* Fun is clearly an objective measure.
    ** Help.

This would be amazing.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Hmm, let's see...

Ranked 13558th with 1024.2 hours played. Skyrim accounts for 24% of my playtime.
    Has played 53/100 games.
    Owns 100 games for a total worth of $1217.30.
    Overall account cost/hour for gametime is $1.19 ---> Bargain-hunters unite! (I'm doing it right, right?)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Says I've played about 59 days worth of games and spent about two grand on games for about 1.4 dollars per hours of playtime.

Which is a pretty great tradeoff, unless you look at the fact that the vast majority of the games I've purchased have always been on sale so that cost figure is probably at least 25% too high.

Which means I've basically spent something more like a dollar per hour for 1500 hours of entertainment, so it turns out I've gotten some fantastic entertainment value for my dollar from Steam, not just pretty great.

And I would feel bad about not playing something like 60 out of the 140-something games I own, but the majority of the unplayed games are ones that I got from packages, as bonuses I was never going to play anyway, duplicate games (somehow), or stuff I've played elsewhere but wanted to make sure I had on PC, so I don't even feel bad about that.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Do you guys still play Payday regularly?

I really want to vent my life's recent frustrations on digital police while acquiring currency and disregarding bitches.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    Do you guys still play Payday regularly?

I really want to vent my life's recent frustrations on digital police while acquiring currency and disregarding bitches.

Payday games can be arranged if necessary good sir. Friend me or join the Steam chat to organize a few.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I can get a game together in chat every two days or so. If you go to the PA group chat and ask you'll usually get some interest.

• Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Also, PM me if there's any interest in Gamersgate copies of the Grand Theft Autos, I don't know how redemption would work on GTA IV since I think I may have already activated that one. However, Episodes of Liberty City, San Andreas, Vice City, and the first two games are all up for grabs if you're interested.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
This discussion has been closed.