As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

19495969798100»

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    That would actually be a fun feature if Steam could track a group's collective Steam library.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Company of Heroes franchise 80% off... not bad.

CoH is generally considered excellent, right? Like "you're a moron for not buying it for only $2" good? Or am I thinking of something else?

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TheCanMan wrote: »

CoH is generally considered excellent, right? Like "you're a moron for not buying it for only $2" good? Or am I thinking of something else?

The WWII squad RTS game? Yeah most people love it.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Man, who thought putting Games for WIndows Live, including a frigging CD key into a DEMO was a good idea? I wonder why Bulletstorm failed on the PC. Been trying out a lot of demos for games I passed on before to see if they'll run well, but this demo just keeps fighting me and crashing at every turn.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular

yeah, it's a top RTS. if you have any interest at all in RTS games and you don't own it, especially now that it's on sale, you are the worst and you need to rectify the situation.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

yeah, it's a top RTS. if you have any interest at all in RTS games and you don't own it, especially now that it's on sale, you are the worst and you need to rectify the situation.

Even if I'll only ever play the SP campaign?

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    I love CoH, I play still almost every day.

Why would a game night be hard? Set one day like Saturday at 7pm, pick a game each week and a person who would host it. That day everyone contacts the person and gets invite to said game. Send a steam event notification out and there ya go. Has there been trouble in the past with these kind of events? Id just like to actually play with people here even if I'm not in group.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    It's just hard to gather people up sometimes. Like herding cats. I think you can join the group chat room even as not part of the group can't you? Group chats generally where a lot of pick up gaming goes on.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Could I gently request that the creator the next Steam thread be willing to change up the thread title now and then? :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Man, who thought putting Games for WIndows Live, including a frigging CD key into a DEMO was a good idea? I wonder why Bulletstorm failed on the PC. Been trying out a lot of demos for games I passed on before to see if they'll run well, but this demo just keeps fighting me and crashing at every turn.

Bulletstorm deserved to fail on the PC after the mess of a port they gave us, not even including GFWL.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    so what kind of cut does Gamestop get? Not really a fan of giving them money.

No reason you'd really have to, this is just another option. I'm guessing good for people who somehow don't have a credit card, or have gamestop credit/giftcards to burn. Hopefully they will let you buy them with GS credit.
    I can't see why they wouldn't. I can buy MS and Sonybucks with GS credit. I will be buying this way because the fewer places I put my credit card the better (especially one like Steam where I'm pretty tempted to just buy everything that's cheap). If it's a balance in my wallet and I have to drive somewhere to refill it (self-imposed) then it'll be easier to control spending on cheap PC games. Also before Christmas I can make sure I pick up a $50 one so that I can be generous without my wife yelling at me that I'm spending too much on games that aren't even for me.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I want to try out Tropico 4, but I can't figure out how to install it. I clicked the free weekend banner on the store page, but nothing happens.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I want to try out Tropico 4, but I can't figure out how to install it. I clicked the free weekend banner on the store page, but nothing happens.

It's in your library already. Check at the bottom.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

Even if I'll only ever play the SP campaign?

Yep! I said that keeping single player in mind, as I'm mostly a campaign player in a lot of RTS games. The campaign is long and has a pretty diverse mission structure. It's extremely long if you get the whole collection.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No, It's not showing up in mine anywhere. Maybe if I restart.

edit: Ok, it's there now.

anoffday on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    How could a PA steam thread game night be set up? What days are best for most people? What games do most people own?

Generally also works to join the group chat and ask if anyone is up for a game as well. But yeah. A dedicated game night could be fun.

• Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    How could a PA steam thread game night be set up? What days are best for most people? What games do most people own?

Generally also works to join the group chat and ask if anyone is up for a game as well. But yeah. A dedicated game night could be fun.

Posting an announcement or an event on the group's home page would be nice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I want to punch that code in. Just to know what it is, but I don't want to take it.. Argh. :P

SisQz.jpg

I believe it to be Steel Storm: Burning Retribution!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Why would a game night be hard? Set one day like Saturday at 7pm, pick a game each week and a person who would host it. That day everyone contacts the person and gets invite to said game. Send a steam event notification out and there ya go. Has there been trouble in the past with these kind of events? Id just like to actually play with people here even if I'm not in group.

That's what the G&T Adventure Team group is all about, and we've had some successful game-ons in that group, but it's really underutilized. The main PA Steam Group chat sees a lot of pick up games. Magicka, Street Fighter, Killing Floor and Payday see the most action. And you can join that group chat as a guest. If you do, it's good to have a link to your PA profile in your Steam Community profile or use the same name you use here just so people know who you are.

Drake on
  • Options
    Seeing as how we'll need a new OP soon, we should put in something along the lines of "for the love of Newell, provide some way of linking your PA name with your Steam profile."

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You can edit your PA profile with your steamid

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    You can edit your PA profile with your steamid

Of course, it's just that people don't.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Drake wrote: »

That's what the G&T Adventure Team group is all about, and we've had some successful game-ons in that group, but it's really underutilized. The main PA Steam Group chat sees a lot of pick up games. Magicka, Street Fighter, Killing Floor and Payday see the most action. And you can join that group chat as a guest. If you do, it's good to have a link to your PA profile in your Steam Community profile or use the same name you use here just so people know who you are.

A specific game night though sounds a lot more fun. Pick up games are random and you might get a few people, but I know I'd try to be available for a game night. It could also get people into games they might not normally play or have. We should choose a game each week for like friday or saturday night and then put the time and game in the OP or even thread title. It wouldn't be hard to do. I mean, we aren't expecting the whole thread to show up.

I set up an old school game night awhile ago and it was fun. We had about 10-15 people show up and we played Unreal Tournament. It was awesome.

anoffday on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »

A specific game night though sounds a lot more fun. Pick up games are random and you might get a few people, but I know I'd try to be available for a game night. It could also get people into games they might not normally play or have. We should choose a game each week for like friday or saturday night and then put the time and game in the OP or even thread title. It wouldn't be hard to do. I mean, we aren't expecting the whole thread to show up.

I set up an old school game night awhile ago and it was fun. We had about 10-15 people show up and we played Unreal Tournament. It was awesome.

As someone that has a bit of experience herding cats, might I suggest you pick a Day(rotate that day as well) and pick the game and have it open all day. Nailing down a specific time is going to be difficult to include the myriad of time zones this forum has.

Example:

Friday - 11 May - from 12am - 12pm GMT we will all be playing "Bad Rats Multiplayer fun Shoot!" To join in on the fun, meet us in the Chat Room!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Summer is almost here, which means I can play games with other people. Woo-hoo!

Time to break out some Payday.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Even if you have multiple people host a game event. Going on what Bonzai said, you could have a game chosen for a whole weekend like L4D2 or something, have person A hosting friday session at whatever time they can, person b for Saturday and so forth.

Or just do one whole night, as some people don't get home until a certain time one whole night could work so people can just hop in. You can even go as far as person A hosting fridays for campaign, person B hosting saturday for versus mode or something.

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I took the liberty of making a new Steam Thread

As this one is at maximum class capacity.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Could I gently request that the creator the next Steam thread be willing to change up the thread title now and then? :)

Sounds like you just volunteered

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    wasn't that the original idea of the adventure time group?

I'm in probably 5 or 6 PA Steam groups that started as a way to get people to game together. It is tough to get a solid core of people, especially when our "group" consists of so many people from different regions of the world. The small groups specific to each game are usually the best way to get a game going for that in particular, then the adventure or regular steam group for non-specific games.

At least, that's how my experience has gone.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    It got mentioned near the end of the last thread, but if you join the Rockstar Games Steam group before the 15th you'll get a free copy of Midnight Club 2. I'm on my phone so I dn't have a link.

The copy is non giftable and will show up in your account on the 29th. Your account must have at least one purchased game in it to qualify.

I've heard mixed reviews on MC2 (and it has issues with Windows 7), but free is free.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Damn it, that was supposed to go in the new thread, and you can't edit or delete a post from the mobile site.

This discussion has been closed.