Options

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Holy crap, this is amazingly beautiful in HD.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    It is my understanding that episode 3 is next week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    AMAZING

I especially liked that it mixed humor into the scenes fairly naturally still even though we now have older characters.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I missed it due to some Ovarian Cancer Luncheon. Stupid helping people.

When is the encore?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I missed it due to some Ovarian Cancer Luncheon. Stupid helping people.

When is the encore?

2PM Central (1.5 hours from now)

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wow! Great introductory hour. Looks stunning in HD. It really hit all the right notes. Can't wait for more.

EDIT: Incredible music, too. They really knocked it out of the park.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh and the slang used by the pro bending announcer was fantastic.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Yes.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    He had old timey radio announcer down.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Is Bolin voiced by the same person who did Sokka? It might have just been a tonal thing but they sound incredibly alike when he talks to Korra after the initial match finishes to when they realise who she is.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Aman sounds like Steve Blum.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Aman sounds like Steve Blum.

It is Steve Blum.

I think what stood out to me the most, in terms of the mechanics of the episodes, is the use of light and color. The Last Airbender was certainly vibrant, but Korra seems more visually dynamic. A better use of light and shadow across the board. I mean....
    Like when Korra stood outside her family's igloo to say goodbye, or when the cargohold of the boat opens, or, in the season preview, when Mako gets hit with the stun sticks. Light glares in the darkness, which I don't remember happening in the previous show.

Man, I'd love to see The Last Airbender remastered in HD.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Just rewatched the premiere.

The pro bending scenes are done so well.

• Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    Really solid opening. The facial animation really blew me away, it seems a lot more fluid than in the original series. Tenzin is by far my favorite character on the show, though. He's just so adorably stoic.

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    I think we all know the plot of the next episode from the two previews, though. From what I can remember a day later, what's his face is captured, Korra and whatchamacallim go to a huge rally where the antibenders are showing off the capture of a famous bender, said captured bender is demonstrated to be without bending, let the breakout begin!

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Is Bolin voiced by the same person who did Sokka? It might have just been a tonal thing but they sound incredibly alike when he talks to Korra after the initial match finishes to when they realise who she is.

He is not, though both my fiancée and I were convinced he was until I looked it up. I am loving him as the new walking punch-line though. The bending brothers is probably the one area I am most curious about right now. At least of the stuff that is not a potential spoiler to even talk about.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Not available on my localized itunes store.

:(

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    So, looks like we have a new ep next week, but not showing at all the following week. No rerun no nothing. Wonder why.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »
    So, looks like we have a new ep next week, but not showing at all the following week. No rerun no nothing. Wonder why.

Pacing, maybe? They did two this week, but many people had already seen them, so new next week, then skip the following week to get back on a one episode per week format.

Of course, I heard they were breaking the seasons up more than that, but that MIGHT have just been idle speculation.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    They might actually have to still finish episodes four and beyond. I'm still shocked we got it this soon, considering there was a very real possibility we wouldn't have gotten it til next year.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Wait, wasn't the premier yesterday? I saw the first episode through Comcast's streaming thingie but you say two episodes were shown yesterday?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, Nickelodeon played the first two episodes as an hour-long premiere.

• Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    Has more than one season been confirmed at all?

• Options
    Yes. First season is twelve episodes, second season is fourteen.

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/airbender-legend-korra-panel-news/

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    This was fantastic! Some of the characters seemed a bit thin like the bender brothers and kithara even but overall I was thoroughly impressed. I thought how the victor of the bending sport was determined was a but arbitrary but the sport itself was perfect. Fully realized and totally awesome. Metal bending hq was totally awesome, nice touch that only metal benders would be able to get around in it

• Options
    "Kithara"? I'm not sure who you're referring to.

• Options
    Kitara... Autocorrect : \

• Options
    Ohhh. It's "Katara", dude.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    i don't feel katara really needed to have any depth in that episode

you know her already

she appeared to pass a torch from the old generation of characters to the new

like how McCoy appears in the first episode of TNG

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

you know her already

Yeah. We have three seasons of her. No need for more.

What did Korra call cars? Saddle-something?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Sato-mobiles, named after the creator.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Aw I thought it was Sokka-mobiles, now I am sad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ohhh. It's "Katara", dude.

....thanks

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

you know her already

right but i was hoping she would be a little awesome and not bland grandma type

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping that she's going to be reinforcements against Amon, and completely wreck his shit with very little effort.

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tenzin is by far my favorite character on the show, though. He's just so adorably stoic.

Yeah, it's funny really. Tenzin comes across as someone trying really really hard to be stoic, so it's actually rather funny when he slips up and lets his emotions show a little.
    I especially love the bit in the beginning when he first arrives with his kids and meets Katara. The whole delivery of the line "it's lovely to see you again mother........please help me." gave me a really good laugh.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I'm hoping that she's going to be reinforcements against Amon, and completely wreck his shit with very little effort.

It'd be an interesting, and justifiable, twist if she's forced to resort to blood bending only to have it spark the revolt that's brewing.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    This was fantastic! Some of the characters seemed a bit thin like the bender brothers and kithara even but overall I was thoroughly impressed. I thought how the victor of the bending sport was determined was a but arbitrary but the sport itself was perfect. Fully realized and totally awesome. Metal bending hq was totally awesome, nice touch that only metal benders would be able to get around in it

How is
    The sport arbitrary? The rules are very clear and laid out.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So.

Did anyone else notice that Amon
    has plans for a fucking mech?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Finally got to see this! So good.

Korra uses a lot of fire, eh? I don't remember Aang using much of anything but air when he wasn't training. Fire seems to suit her personality more than water too. It's like she was born in the wrong order or something. :P

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.