Options

Thunder and [chat]

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    one small advantage of pg13 movies is you get less of the 80s-action-movie requirements of throwing in some boobs for no apparent reason and with no connection to the plot.

Like sometimes so obvious as the main character just happens to pass by a topless poster on the wall (in a context where even the poster being there is pretty weird).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    one small advantage of pg13 movies is you get less of the 80s-action-movie requirements of throwing in some boobs for no apparent reason and with no connection to the plot.

I think you meant to say 'disadvantage.'

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

I think you meant to say 'disadvantage.'

not really no. I mean when boobs are just thrown in with no regard for context it comes accross as pandering and annoying. And it seems like all 80s movies that got an R felt they just had to make the most of it.

Also they had the extra disadvantage of 80s Big Hair. Which can cancel out nearly any amount of hotness.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    riemann's war on boobs continues unabated. thanks for the mammaries, 80s.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    http://venturebeat.com/2012/04/13/windows-8-tablet-intel/

oh sweet zombie jesus just take my monies. TAKE THEM!

edit: windows 8. Compatable with older windows apps (it's a real grownup OS on a tablet! not something repurposed from a phone!). Available with physical keyboards or not. A hell of a lot of cpu / ram compared to android or ipad tablets. Not tied to some proprietary bullshit for connectivity (usb ports!).

But does the OS look like not-crap yet?

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    http://venturebeat.com/2012/04/13/windows-8-tablet-intel/

oh sweet zombie jesus just take my monies. TAKE THEM!'

edit: windows 8. Compatable with older windows apps (it's a real grownup OS on a tablet! not something repurposed from a phone!). Available with physical keyboards or not. A hell of a lot of cpu / ram compared to android or ipad tablets. Not tied to some proprietary bullshit for connectivity (usb ports!).

But does the OS look like not-crap yet?

there is a consumer preview of win8 available for anyone to check out.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I will admit that Aliens benefitted greatly from having zero gratuitous nudity. No matter how many times I wanted that claw to slip a tiny bit and tear off Ripley's paper thin tank top, it was a better movie for not giving in to me.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    It's that whole "leave the audience wanting more" thing.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    You guys are trying to take away the random topless girl in Demolition Man and I'm just not having it. Ptoo.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ryze is stupid good because he's the only character in the entire game that can build like he does, and he ends up being an AP carry that does good damage while being super tough to kill.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Also his snare is pretty boss.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The fact that none of his abilities are skillshots also is super nice.

Gotta smartcast with him. Smart cast + ~ = boss mode

• Options

So the answer is no. Blargh.

It's probably a fantastic OS but it looks chunky and confusing. Aesthetics matter, dammit.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm reminded of the scene in Commando where Ahnold is fighting a dude at a hotel and they crash through a wall into a room with a couple fucking in it.

Obviously, the protagonist would have suffered vis-a-vis his character development had not those rude titties been present!

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah, I will be turning on smartcast for him.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    I'm reminded of the scene in Commando where Ahnold is fighting a dude at a hotel and they crash through a wall into a room with a couple fucking in it.

Obviously, the protagonist would have suffered vis-a-vis his character development had not those rude titties been present!

or in Die Hard he is climbing through the air ducts and there is a poster of a naked chick on the wall in background for no apparent reason.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    Robocop would have been lessened by the removal of boobies.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TL DR wrote:

I know this scene! It completely took me out of the movie! I could not then determine if Arnold was a Commando out to save his kidnapped daughter, or some sort of depraved sex addict.

Several illegitimate children later, the answer became clearer!

Form of Monkey! on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

That is very true.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

I don't recall Robocop having boobs. Damn all that cocaine in the air during the 80's.

• Options
    DK the random number generator on your server seems to have a deep and abiding hatred of mushrooms.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

I don't recall Robocop having boobs. Damn all that cocaine in the air during the 80's.

I don't recall it having them either, but would bet on them being in the "I'd buy that for a dollar!" and "Bitches, leave!" scenes in order to both depict Detroit as a place of loose moral virtues and then the villain as a guy who has no time for bitches.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    why am i so tired

• Options
    Because you have been running through Choco's mind all night.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

So the answer is no. Blargh.

It's probably a fantastic OS but it looks chunky and confusing. Aesthetics matter, dammit.
    The win8 aesthetic looks like it will work fine on tablets.

The problem here is that Microsoft thinks that one GUI is all you need for four different interface devices (touchscreen phone, KB+M, tablet, Xbox controller) and the truth of the matter is that only two of those interfaces benefitted from metro.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Mononucleosis?

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Smartcast always, fo reals. With smartcast range indicators it's always awesome now.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    why am i so tired

Because it's almost bedtime.[/Greenwich Supermacist]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

Smartcast always, fo reals. With smartcast range indicators it's always awesome now.

I thought ranged indicators were bugged and fucking things up for some champs like RIven

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

STICK AROUND.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

STICK AROUND.

ICE TO SEE YOU.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

STICK AROUND.

Don't wake my friend. He's dead tired.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

I thought ranged indicators were bugged and fucking things up for some champs like RIven

I've heard they do, but I've only ever played riven since they were enabled so I'm probably used to it. I think with range indicators on it makes her leap go more like nidalee, which I'm used to anyway. Do you normally target things with her Q or does she just dash forward, because she totally just dashes forward with them on from what I've seen.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    who gives a shit about nudity seriously

such an american complaint yo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    nudity whatever no a big deal

action movies have been totally ruined by the PG13 rating because it's lead to epileptic monkey editing and super shaky cams to cover up the violence. to the point where you can't even tell whats happening half the damn time.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

STICK AROUND.

Don't wake my friend. He's dead tired.

Remember when I said I'd kill you last? I LIED.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I see, in the past it did not have range indicators when you smartcasted so I didn't use it much. I have very fast fingers, ladies.

Ladies.

• Options
    surreality, give me your ultimate ryze build from across the pond.

• Options
    motherclucker, rms.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    nudity whatever no a big deal

action movies have been totally ruined by the PG13 rating because it's lead to epileptic monkey editing and super shaky cams to cover up the violence. to the point where you can't even tell whats happening half the damn time.
    Yeah. Used to be people making action films had balls, and were more than willing to show people getting fucked up by violence.

Braveheart would have been PG-13 had it been made today, the one scene of tasteful nudity would have been removed, and all the battles would have been made shakycam and terrible.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
This discussion has been closed.