As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thunder and [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    There is a scene in Drive when Bryan Cranston's character (movie spoilers if you haven't seen it)
    gets a major artery in his wrist slashed open with a straight razor by Al Brooks' character. I mean he practically saws his hand off with it. It is graphic.

And this was explicitly shown because it's supposedly part of this relatively unknown director's "style", to depict hyperviolence like that.

I'm a grown-ass man and that scene disturbed me for days and days. My dreams are filled with titties, my nightmares with graphic violence.

never watch Eastern Promises

I remember a lot of bare asses in that movie but hyper-violence? Nothing comes to mind.

opening scene? The Barber shop?

What happens when Viggo's dong is flying about in the bath house?

There is lots of cray violence in that film. Deliberate, not-panning-away "fuck you you must watch this" violence.

now i can going to do his teeth and fingers. you may want to leave.

*puts out cigarette on tongue*

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    There is a scene in Drive when Bryan Cranston's character (movie spoilers if you haven't seen it)
    gets a major artery in his wrist slashed open with a straight razor by Al Brooks' character. I mean he practically saws his hand off with it. It is graphic.

And this was explicitly shown because it's supposedly part of this relatively unknown director's "style", to depict hyperviolence like that.

I'm a grown-ass man and that scene disturbed me for days and days. My dreams are filled with titties, my nightmares with graphic violence.

Or history of violence.

Either film, really.

Eh. The wine bottle scene in Pan's Labyrinth was more disturbing than anything in History of Violence.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD
    Hey Ludious!

Thanks for reaching out to us. It's great to hear from a fan of the series and I would be happy to set you up for a 30 minute tour of the studio. Which day during that week works best for you? Here is a link to our online media kit where you can download some Hi-Rez art assets. Thank you for your support of Tribes: Ascend and I look forward to meeting you!

Cheers!

-Gabe

Wait whoah, what? What happened?

I am going to Atlanta in May and I asked HiRez Studios if they'd give me a tour. They said yes.

My Squees number in the millions

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I remember a lot of bare asses in that movie but hyper-violence? Nothing comes to mind.

opening scene? The Barber shop?

What happens when Viggo's dong is flying about in the bath house?

There is lots of cray violence in that film. Deliberate, not-panning-away "fuck you you must watch this" violence.

now i can going to do his teeth and fingers. you may want to leave.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    that's cool ludious

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    why am i always tired and dizzy

i had a perfectly good night's sleep and i already want to nap

any chance you have apnea?

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    "gratuitous" nudity

because you need to minimise it

or people might see nipples and shit

ryze:

safe build:

banshees veil, tear (archangel at the end), will of the ancients, merc treads, frozen heart, +1 defensive/offensive item depending (guardian angel is fine, can even do shit like warmogs, void staff if you need da pen)

TRUE MAN BUILD: rod of ages frozen heart, archangel, sorc boots, will of the ancients, void staff/abyssal scepter depending on enemy mr/another rod of ages if you feeling it

build that makes enemy team go lolwut: rod of ages rod of ages frozen heart archangel sorc boots DEATHCAPLOL (this is troll build but you end up with 5.5k mana and 700 ap - es hilarious)

normally i prefer rod of ages to banshees veil in 9/10 situations, if i need mr i just keep the negatron and dont upgrade

cool, thanks.

I plan to go boots + 3 pots, tear, (catalyst and negatron cloak here) rod or veil, then frozen heart. Or maybe Shroud a little earlier.

We'll see!

Every time I go Ryze I have the horror of deciding what to start with. Mana crystal (and actually do some sort of damage before going back), or boots (to avoid skill shots e.g. OH GOD GET THAT SNAKE BITCH AWAY FROM ME).

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

I don't think so. I don't snore.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD
    Hey Ludious!

Thanks for reaching out to us. It's great to hear from a fan of the series and I would be happy to set you up for a 30 minute tour of the studio. Which day during that week works best for you? Here is a link to our online media kit where you can download some Hi-Rez art assets. Thank you for your support of Tribes: Ascend and I look forward to meeting you!

Cheers!

-Gabe

Hmm seems vanilla ate my reply to your post.

I am going to Atlanta in May and I emailed HiRez Studios and told them I was a big fan and asked them if I could have a tour. They said yes.

My squees number in the millions.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    knife violence is a lot harder for me to swallow than gun violence. I can watch someone pumped full of lead and forget about it. A stab or throat slice or something?

I just can't get it out of my head. It revolts me. The Scene in Drive, a movie I haven't even seen, a SCENE I have only HEARD about, revolts me more than the worst gun violence I've ever seen

I feel you. Knife is just so much more personal and squicky than gun.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    knife violence is a lot harder for me to swallow than gun violence. I can watch someone pumped full of lead and forget about it. A stab or throat slice or something?

I just can't get it out of my head. It revolts me. The Scene in Drive, a movie I haven't even seen, a SCENE I have only HEARD about, revolts me more than the worst gun violence I've ever seen

Watch the Criterion Collection version of Robocop and get back to me.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Yeah, snake lady is a pretty hard counter to ryze. Luckily people can still suck.

I had top lane against a malphite as garen last night, two characters I know really well. Malphite should've been able to kite and just drain me down til I had to back but instead he got steamrolled to +3 levels and 3x the CS (we're talking like 60 vs. 20 and 180 to 60). Stack that armor and get some mana regen, you silly billy.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Like the scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan with Mellish.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD
    Hey Ludious!

Cheers!

-Gabe

I am going to Atlanta in May and I emailed HiRez Studios and told them I was a big fan and asked them if I could have a tour. They said yes.

Dude that is awesome! :D

I jelly.

(Bring me back codes for free shit.)

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    You don't have to feel someone die when you use a gun so I imagine it's a lot easier.

Still, what's the stat on how many people actually could/would fire their gun in first combat in WW1? I think it was super, super low. Like mid-teen %.

• Options
    Not that I plan on feeling anyone die anytime soon.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD
    Hey Ludious!

Cheers!

-Gabe

Grats dude.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

Doesn't necessarily mean you don't have sleep apnea.

What happens is as the muscles in the throat relax, they close off the airpipe and then you wake up to take a breath, then fall back asleep. You don't remember this, so you think you slept all night, but it keeps you from falling all the way asleep.

I suffer from this. I don't want that CPAP or whatever the fuck it is. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So a guy calls me up to do some freelancing work. I politely ask where he got my number because I'm not in the book. He tells me and says he has some work, what is my hourly rate. Well normally it's $100 an hour with a 10 hour minimum with travel expenses. But he got the "Tom doesn't wanna work" discount so I quoted him $150 an hour. This prompted a discussion in which I was offered $10 an hour and a glowing reference. I told him to get stuffed. He upped his offer to $15 an hour and I could use it for my portfolio. I told him I wasn't a graphic artist and hung up.

Fucking people.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I was playing Bully last night, trying to unlock some cheevos. There is one for kissing 20 girls and one for kissing 20 boys. Now, I noticed that if a girl you had kissed previously sees you kissing another girl, that first girl will get jealous and slap the shit out of the second girl. A brief catfight ensues. But with boys, oh ho ho, I seduced the gay nerd first and then the gay preppy. The gay nerd got jealous and he gave me a swift kick in the balls and ran off in the opposite direction.

I am breaking all the hearts for these cheevos.

• Options
    I have wicked sleep apnea. I sleep with a CPAP every night. It reeaaallly sucks in conjunction with my Gastric Bypass because if I sleep wrong, the air pumps down my throat and into my stomach and I wake up in pain and start burping like crazy.

That said I couldn't sleep without it.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    who gives a shit about nudity seriously

such an american complaint yo

you're totally missing the point there

nothin' wrong with nudity. What is annoying is when it is thrown in obviously for no other reason than to pander.

It's annoying in exactly the same way as gratuitous product placement is annoying. Or any other element which is so obviously not part of the narrative but instead placed for some meta-reason outside the world of the movie.

Most of the time boobs in action movies work about as well as if in LOTR they had added a scene of Legolas and Gimli chillling out after a battle with a few cans of Sprite (tm).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I have wicked sleep apnea. I sleep with a CPAP every night. It reeaaallly sucks in conjunction with my Gastric Bypass because if I sleep wrong, the air pumps down my throat and into my stomach and I wake up in pain and start burping like crazy.

Sleep sitting up?

• Options
    Man I seem to know a lot of people with sleep apnea.

• Options

Sleep sitting up?

that actually makes it worse?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Like the scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan with Mellish.

EXACTLY the scene I was thinking of.

• Options

nothin' wrong with nudity. What is annoying is when it is thrown in obviously for no other reason than to pander.

It's annoying in exactly the same way as gratuitous product placement is annoying. Or any other element which is so obviously not part of the narrative but instead placed for some meta-reason outside the world of the movie.

Most of the time boobs in action movies work about as well as if in LOTR they had added a scene of Legolas and Gimli chillling out after a battle with a few cans of Sprite (tm).

AND MY AXE

...male deodorant body spray! *pfffssssssst*

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Man I seem to know a lot of fat nerds.

FTFY

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

AND MY AXE

...male deodorant body spray! *pfffssssssst*

*clap* *clap* *clap*

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So a guy calls me up to do some freelancing work. I politely ask where he got my number because I'm not in the book. He tells me and says he has some work, what is my hourly rate. Well normally it's $100 an hour with a 10 hour minimum with travel expenses. But he got the "Tom doesn't wanna work" discount so I quoted him $150 an hour. This prompted a discussion in which I was offered $10 an hour and a glowing reference. I told him to get stuffed. He upped his offer to $15 an hour and I could use it for my portfolio. I told him I wasn't a graphic artist and hung up.

Fucking people.

This is why I no longer do contract work.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    so i learned some stuff about my brain today as a result of visiting the neurologist

apparently some of the "migraines" and "cluster headaches" and "seizures" i've been having over the past couple years are actually forms of micro-ischemia

i've basically been having frequent micro-strokes for a number of years now

so that blows

on the upside they're recommending me to a cognitive neuropsychology clinic and setting me up with a therapist

i'm also going to be participating in non-pharmaceutical research studies to try to figure out how my wacky brain works and why

because the level of neuroplasticity in my noggin' is apparently really amazing and the neurologist was like "yeah the fMRI results make like zero sense. there are parts of your brain that are basically non-functional yet you're able to apparently function just fine without them. clearly your brain has remapped those duties elsewhere and we want to figure out how and if we can replicate that neuroplasticity in other people"

so i will be helping science!

that's cool

also they will be paying me for my participation in the research so that's also cool

• Options
    Man I seem to know a lot of fat nerds.

FTFY

Ooooooh. Oh. Okay.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Doesn't necessarily mean you don't have sleep apnea.

What happens is as the muscles in the throat relax, they close off the airpipe and then you wake up to take a breath, then fall back asleep. You don't remember this, so you think you slept all night, but it keeps you from falling all the way asleep.

I suffer from this. I don't want that CPAP or whatever the fuck it is. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse.

isn't there a funky mouthguard thing you can wear to try to alleviate this?

have you tried that

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Fucking people.

Wow, nice.

• Options
    FBI wants me to send them my fingerprints.

This place will only take my fingerprints if I give them a form from an agency requesting they take my fingerprints.

The FBI gives me no forms to give them.

Argle.

BARGLE.

• Options

This place will only take my fingerprints if I give them a form from an agency requesting they take my fingerprints.

Argle.

BARGLE.

Why the bloody does the FBI want your fingerprints?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    so i learned some stuff about my brain today as a result of visiting the neurologist

apparently some of the "migraines" and "cluster headaches" and "seizures" i've been having over the past couple years are actually forms of micro-ischemia

i've basically been having frequent micro-strokes for a number of years now

so that blows

on the upside they're recommending me to a cognitive neuropsychology clinic and setting me up with a therapist

i'm also going to be participating in non-pharmaceutical research studies to try to figure out how my wacky brain works and why

because the level of neuroplasticity in my noggin' is apparently really amazing and the neurologist was like "yeah the fMRI results make like zero sense. there are parts of your brain that are basically non-functional yet you're able to apparently function just fine without them. clearly your brain has remapped those duties elsewhere and we want to figure out how and if we can replicate that neuroplasticity in other people"

so i will be helping science!

that's cool

also they will be paying me for my participation in the research so that's also cool

Are they gonna make robopony?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Neuroplasticity is amazing and I love it

• Options

Argle.

BARGLE.

Why the bloody does the FBI want your fingerprints?

So they can do a background check on me before I go off to Japan land.

Apparently I have to send them my fingerprints so they can check me.

Yeah it doesn't make a ton of sense to me either.

• Options
    It's a trust thing, inqui. They're actually watching you 24/7.

This discussion has been closed.