Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    BeefersBeefers Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    For anyone on the fence about that indie bundle I can only second Corpekata on this one in saying that that Depths of Peril is worth the price of admission alone. The pace is fantastic and the faction warfare is cleverly done. I bought it full price on steam a few years ago when I was on impulse indie buying spree. Never regretted. The pace is fast and frenetic, the faction warfare cleverly done and the difficulty fully customizable. You really can't go wrong, especially if you need to tide over a D3 craving.

Beefers on
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Congratulations to heenato, who wins a copy of Red Faction: Armageddon (courtesy of Iolo) with the following masterwork...

My entry for the space asshole limmerick contest...

There once was a man named space asshole
    Everyone's lives he did hassle.
    he once saw a truck
    said "eh, what the fuck"
    and then there was no more space castle.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Thanks, aerynkelly, for King's Bounty and its sequel!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    so this looks kind of neat

though , sounds kinda assassins creed steampunk edition

I thought it looked pretty good, as I'm a fan of Steampunk stuff. Though yeah, rooftop running and parkour has been used a tad bit too much as of late. But... it's Steampunk, so I don't care!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    Congratulations to heenato, who wins a copy of Red Faction: Armageddon (courtesy of Iolo) with the following masterwork...

he once saw a truck
    said "eh, what the fuck"

Niiiiice! Congrats heenato! (Did you see in chat the other day that my Gridlock ice mage is named after you?)

Depths of Peril is crazy confusing. The tutorial is pretty lacking in the what the hell is going in department. Double especially for the faction stuff.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    If steampunk becomes the next zombies...I'm very okay with that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh wow. Really? I won? Awesome. Thanks to both Iolo and AnakinOU.

Bah. No, I didn't notice that the ice mage was named after me.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    AnakinOU wrote: »

he once saw a truck
    said "eh, what the fuck"

Niiiiice! Congrats heenato! (Did you see in chat the other day that my Gridlock ice mage is named after you?)

Depths of Peril is crazy confusing. The tutorial is pretty lacking in the what the hell is going in department. Double especially for the faction stuff.

You should check out Din's Curse by the same dev. It's a Diablo clone that has no hard limit on the users that can connect and also has randomized dungeons. Gamersgate usually has it for like 20, but it has been on sale.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Just add some depth to the Steampunk instead of just the typical glossing over of it, and putting something steam enginey on their back and shooting a weapon that is really a gun but just looks like something cobbled together. I have nothing specific in mind, but I'm just saying that some of the things that have had Steampunk in them didn't really 'feel' Steampunk to me.

and since I didn't use the word enough. Steampunk!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Just add some depth to the Steampunk instead of just the typical glossing over of it, and putting something steam enginey on their back and shooting a weapon that is really a gun but just looks like something cobbled together. I have nothing specific in mind, but I'm just saying that some of the things that have had Steampunk in them didn't really 'feel' Steampunk to me.

and since I didn't use the word enough. Steampunk!

I always associate steampunk with Clockwork, oddly enough.

I recommend Rise of Legends to people who enjoy Steampunk

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular

http://youtu.be/Bl71_0sUQqQ

Oh, hello.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Current IR is... I dunno. The only thing that really poked my "must play this" button was Tobe's, really. I guess Depths looks acceptable, but other than that...

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Sent you a friend request on GG. Or someone that has your name at least.

Yep, that's me. Thanks!

• Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    Hey all,

Two questions, one of which is if I could get an invite into the Steam group.

Secondly, does anyone know the protocol for Steamgifts if the recipients of the gifts do not answer? Wait a week and re-post? Or something entirely different?

Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    The n
    Dire Jay wrote: »
    Hey all,

Two questions, one of which is if I could get an invite into the Steam group.

Secondly, does anyone know the protocol for Steamgifts if the recipients of the gifts do not answer? Wait a week and re-post? Or something entirely different?

Thanks!

You can send a gift to someone else if they have yet to accept it.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Reposting this:

signature.png

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Avernum sounds like something I need in my life after seeing the comments here and reading a review on RPS. It'll give me something to chew on until Wasteland 2 hits.

Unfortunately I'm knee deep in Persona 3 Portable and Grimrock and now the siren call of the Witcher 2 is ringing in my ears again now that the Enhanced edition is released. I'm looking into becoming a cave dweller.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    This seems strange to me but I'm not yet in the PA steam group. Would someone shoot me an invite? Profile's in the sig.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Anyone played the choplifter game? Is it a sidescroller (looks like it) shooter?

I loved SimCopter, would love something similar, but this looks not really similar.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Anyone played the choplifter game? Is it a sidescroller (looks like it) shooter?

I loved SimCopter, would love something similar, but this looks not really similar.

I remember Sim Copter. I played the heck out of that as a kid. Going around putting out fires and stuff. Sadly I don't think this game is anything like it. Also anything with HD attached to it makes me not want it, even though I'm pretty sure it's suppose have the opposite effect on people.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I haven't actually *played* it, but I'll be grabbing a copy when I'm home - hard to resist for $5 (serve the Newell!)
    If it's anything like the original Choplifter (and it seems like it is) it's a fairly simple side-scroller, very much NOT a simulator. Still, the original game was super-fun back in the day, so this one may be too. I'll report back after installing it. :)
    anoffday wrote: »
    Also anything with HD attached to it makes me not want it, even though I'm pretty sure it's suppose have the opposite effect on people.

Is it an allergy to hype? I've got the same problem. I get a headache every time I see the word "extreme" applied to anything, and it makes me want to just puke if it's missing the "e".

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I guess I just feel like if they have to attach HD to their game, it doesn't have a lot going for it since most games today are already pretty much assumed to be HD. I guess the only exception would remakes.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    I guess I just feel like if they have to attach HD to their game, it doesn't have a lot going for it since most games today are already pretty much assumed to be HD. I guess the only exception would remakes.

I wholeheartedly concur. Choplifter *is* a remake, so I guess they needed something in there to set it apart from the first one... but yeah "HD"... blech. It reminds me of the obnoxious trend to add the suffix "2000" to product names that swept the world in the late '90s. It's a cheap and stupid way of making your stuff seem "edgy" and "all futurey and that".

STILL gonna buy Choplifter HD though. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i usually assume HD shows the difference between a phone vs retina version?

really the only one i can think of right now is faerie solitaire

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    a) i have broken my rule against smartphone in bar

b) now soliciting input via pm for the next gift avalanche

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Thanks, aerynkelly, for King's Bounty and its sequel!

I kinda feel like going back and playing them again myself

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

This can only end "badly".

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Anyone want these games on Gamersgate?

Cardinal Quest
    SteelStorm Burning Retribution
    Any of the King's Bounty titles
    Men of War
    Space Rangers 2 Reboot

Hit me up, just looking to find a home for them.

Ooh ooh, Space Rangers would be awesome.

oh I could have given you that one, darn it. If you want the first let me know.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »

Oh, hello.

Tentatively excited about this, but considering how much I disliked Mirrors Edge, I'm not too keen on that it is apparently first person.

Still, I think it could be done right.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

You should start sending Jade Empire at people.

I already have it on Xbox (and Xbox On Demand) but I know there are people who don't and they need to play it because it's awesome.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

oh dear. everyone needs to evacuate to a safe distance

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    IvanIssacs wrote: »

This can only end "badly".

Badly for who, though? That's the question.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »

Oh, hello.

Tentatively excited about this, but considering how much I disliked Mirrors Edge, I'm not too keen on that it is apparently first person.

Still, I think it could be done right.

Personally, I'm in the opposite camp. When I heard of Beth doing an AssCreed game, I all but facepalmed. But it being first person... helps, precisely because I loved Mirror's Edge to hell and back and anything that lets me have more Mirror's Edg gameplay is at least worth a look.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

oh dear. everyone needs to evacuate to a safe distance

I'm in luck for once. I'm packing my computer up in the next few hours and moving across the US, so HAH! I'll be immune from drunk avalanche gifting.

p.s. Yes is the answer to any of the questions about "Do I take this lady that's Older than me home?" if those should arise again. ;)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Hmmm. I'm in a bit of a pickle. See, I want to be batman more, but I've finished the story in arkham asylum, and done all the riddler's challenges. Plus I uninstalled. I'm not a big fan of challenge rooms that don't give actual REWARDS (At least concept art or something like that) Do the challenge rooms in arkham asylum do anything like that, or are they purely to make numbers go up?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Hmmm. I'm in a bit of a pickle. See, I want to be batman more, but I've finished the story in arkham asylum, and done all the riddler's challenges. Plus I uninstalled. I'm not a big fan of challenge rooms that don't give actual REWARDS (At least concept art or something like that) Do the challenge rooms in arkham asylum do anything like that, or are they purely to make numbers go up?

From what I remember they didn't unlock anything other than your % and other challenges. I stopped at 83% or somewhere near there with having done all the Riddler and found all the Arkham thingies, etc. But wasn't going to try and do all the challenges as they weren't my cup of tea.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

From what I remember they didn't unlock anything other than your % and other challenges. I stopped at 83% or somewhere near there with having done all the Riddler and found all the Arkham thingies, etc. But wasn't going to try and do all the challenges as they weren't my cup of tea.
    Ah. Alright then. Yeah, I'm not gonna bother with them. Just gonna hope for a decent sale for arkham city over the summer.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Not logging into Steam to avoid the avalanche, that and I'm out of town working from the road.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Dishonored looks delicious

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.