Options

Avengers Assemble! Avengers 2 should be Avengers vs. Godzilla.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    World War Hulk was actually based on one of Pip's wet dreams.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Planet Hulk was better

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    any time hulk is kicking the shit out of something I will like it

word

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Geebs how do you feel about the current Hulk status quo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've been waiting on a Hulk on film I can cheer for. Like that is what I want most of all.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Hulk vs. Thor isn't bad

Hulk vs. Wolverine is much better, but that has less to do with Hulk and more to do with Deadpool being written really well

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I just finished Hulk vs. Thor and I liked it.

But holy shit, Thor gets his ass beat in it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

not super up on what's going on in the hulk books now other than that there are like a billion hulks

• Options
    edited April 2012

not super up on what's going on in the hulk books now other than that there are like a billion hulks
    Hulk and Banner were separated again, but this time it was Hulk's choice.

So Banner basically went nuts and became a full-on mad scientist trying to recreate the Hulk event so he could get it back.

A bunch of shit happened and then in this week's issue
    Hulk kills Banner after Banner attempted to wipe out an island with a Gamma Bomb including a SHIELD ship off-shore.

Hulk blamed Dr. Doom(who was the one who did the separation in the first place) for messing with Banner's head but he just tells Hulk that without Hulk as an outlet for all of his rage and negativity Banner simply becomes his father's crazy ass manic depressive son.

Other than that, yeah you've got 3 different She-Hulks, Red Hulk, Skaar Son of Hulk and A-Bomb.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    huh. seems like something that I'd want to read before I actually uh...judge it

I will say that I wasn't a big fan of world war hulk, mostly because, I dunno, I guess brooding angry hulk isn't really a hulk flavor I enjoy

• Options
    It is Jason Aaron

I didn't hate it but I was expecting way better because Hulk seems like his perfect character

oh well the next arc is called Stay Angry and has him teaming-up with Punisher and then fighting a lost village of Sasquatches

yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Just finished Hulk vs. Wolverine and that was pretty good as well.

Didn't expect that much blood though.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Having rewatched Thor I can't understand people being mad about the time Thor spends hanging around on earth. Other then Loki that's the best part.

Also the Lyrics to the foo fighters song is so ridiculously relevant to Thor I am astonished that it wasn't written for the movie.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Well, I think in a Hulk solo series, you kind of have to be able to deal with some kind of psychological stuff. That's like, the core of the character. When you have him as a team member, or a supporting character or an antagonist, it's a lot easier to throw him into the craziest thing you can possibly think of and have him just beat the shit out of it.

I think my favorite version of the Hulk is the one in Earth's Mightiest Heroes. He's not, you know, a super genius, but he's capable of actually being a fleshed out character anyways, plus he's the absolute best character to throw in just about any fight scene, because he's having fun and it's infectious.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I decided to look up the Sentry in the Marvel wikia.

This is the most stupid character ever.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    except when he is starring in his own Silver Age tribute book along with his friend Harrison Oogar, the Caveman of Wall Street

• Options
    thor has a pretty strong claim to my favorite marvel movie

I mean, I love iron man and hulk, cap and iron man 2 are pretty great

but between how kind of crazy the asgard stuff was and how fun it was to see thor blundering around earth, I dunno

it just speaks to me

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, Hulk is at his best when he is basically smart as an average person.

Not gonna get a 36 on the ACT but he can use his personal pronouns just fine.

and with movie Hulk they are probably never gonna use notDumb Hulk because it is the version everyone knows and Dumb Hulk does not make for a compelling lead past an initial movie, which has been done twice now. Which is why I am super pumped for Avengers because he can just smash shit and be awesome.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Guys I just read the first trade of Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. it is so good.

also they snuck in a reference to Fraction's "Five Fists of Science" which is also great.

SHIELD is great. I got that first trade a month ago or so and it is awesome. I sort of know a bit of everything about the Marvel realities, for example, I think one of the old Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four villains is Kang the Conqueror, super advanced jerk from the... 30th? 35th? century, whose name is Nathaniel Richards or something, and he was also the Scarlet Centurion, Immortus, Rama-Tut and I am sure some other jerks and his name is Richards, and Reed is kind of a jerk... so I have fun with stuff like that.

And the art is really great too.

And Leonardo...

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I decided to look up the Sentry in the Marvel wikia.

This is the most stupid character ever.

UGH

BmKZ7.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Leonardo's flowing mane is magnificent

• Options
    Douglas, did you see that they are fully integrating SHIELD into Marvel Continuity?

Da Vinci appears in an upcoming New Avengers AvX tie-in issue. He's in K'un L'un for some reason.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Trippy that is pretty blatantly fan art

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh, come the fuck on.

YF0bm.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Douglas, did you see that they are fully integrating SHIELD into Marvel Continuity?

Da Vinci appears in an upcoming New Avengers AvX tie-in issue. He's in K'un L'un for some reason.

That's awesome. I am still waiting for the second trade of SHIELD. The wait is pretty brutal. I had a hard time waiting for the first time, but now I have a taste!

I need to buy everything Hickman writes.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

That's awesome. I am still waiting for the second trade of SHIELD. The wait is pretty brutal. I had a hard time waiting for the first time, but now I have a taste!

This is the correct option. Add Rick Remender and Jason Aaron to that list though.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    yeah i was kind of disappointed in Aaron's Hulk

it seems like we got Serious Gritty Drama Aaron instead of Wacky Exciting Fun Aaron and come on dude it's the Hulk

kinda sounds like the next arc will see a change of Aarons though

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey guys is invincible iron man with 99c an issue?

• Options
    everyhing by either Warren Ellis or Matt Fraction, definitely

• Options
    Yeah Fractions initial arcs are really good

then they range from alright to great

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Brubaker is my go to guy in comics.

• Options
    Brubaker is good like 90% of the time

His Uncanny X-Men wasn't that great, nor was Cap Reborn

and the current Cap series is kinda eh since it is trying to be a big superhero book since Winter Soldier took over the espionage niche

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Brubaker is my go to guy in comics.

Deadly Genesis

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

This is the correct option. Add Rick Remender and Jason Aaron to that list though.

I have most of Fear Agent in singles. In some box somewhere. And I have the neato "Frankencastle" omnibus, but that is missing the Frank kills the shit out of some dirtbags with stuff he stole from an Avengers cache issue that I loved.

And I have the Aaron and awesome artists Ghost Rider omnibus and it is amazing.

I listened to a WRA podcast that featured Remender. He talked about how he wanted to do a lot of whacky stuff with Punisher and editorial wouldn't let him. And he talked about crossing over with Aaron's Ghost Riders, but they couldn't figure out how to make it work. I like to daydream about zombie cyborg Punisher with Pym particles and plasma pistols and ray guns and shit some times.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Man, Remender

Uncanny X-Force and Venom are so good

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'm really enjoying working through Remener's Uncanny X-Force trades, but my current go-to guy is one of the new kids on the Marvel block, Keiron Gillen. I haven't read anything bad from him yet, and Journey Into Mystery and Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter in particular are/were amazing.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    you know

not that you guys didn't put shit behind tags or anything but

I really really don't get the need to find this shit out before you even see the movie

I don't understand it at all

I like to know things going into a movie. Surprise has no effect on how much I enjoy something. I should be able to know everything that happens in a work and enjoy it just as much as not knowing. If I don't, then it isn't a very well made movie.

Everything should be able to have a greek chorus that can come out and go "here's the gist of the plot. These are the characters, and this is what happens. Ok have fun", and not have it ruin the experience.

I mean, I don't understand people who lose their shit about spoilers and act like the movie is ruined if they learn something.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    surprise is a big thing for me. I can still enjoy a movie where I know what's going to happen obviously, but I love that first go around where I don't know

Watching the third man and not knowing that
    harry lime was alive

was one of the best things ever

FAQ on
This discussion has been closed.