Options

[Chat]y Back

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    their carbonara is good, ravioli is excellent, meatballs are good

Carbonara eh? I've been looking for a decent Italian place.

Have you been to Fonda San Miguel yet? Amazing interior mexican.

I heard it was p expensive

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    expensive mexican? that totally defeats the purpose of mexican food.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @spool32

I just got Phish's "Coral Sky" DVD, and though I've only had time to look at bits, I must say it is siiiiiick

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The smell of wood smoke.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I think spool needs radical ventilation surgery so he can be a whole person

Jab that pen in there son!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Ballpoint pens have a definite smell. What else?

Grass and earth. Fallen leaves. The air outside after spring rain. Old books. A dog in your lap. Pencil shavings. Fresh cut wood. Oil and iron in your father's tool shed. Varnish on a new table. Whiskey. A campfire. Raw plastic from a new tent or shower curtain. Your girlfriend's clothes. The air in a farmer's market. Oranges being peeled.

an oiled baseball glove
    new dollar bills
    fresh copies

If you replace the 'blue corn moon' and the 'bobcat's grin' from the Pocahontas song with these things ...

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I just put a ballpoint pen in my nose and inhaled deeply several times.
    Did you get high

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool, non-flower-smelling ^5!

Woo! Flowers are so whatever. Everyone else is just pretending, like when they taste the wine before accepting the bottle... they're sniffling flowers because that's what you're supposed to do, not because there's an odor they enjoy.

I have actually, seriously wondered if this was happening, before. If everyone was just going along with flower smelling because that's what society tells you to do with a flower. I've done that dozens of times before.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    @spool32

I just got Phish's "Coral Sky" DVD, and though I've only had time to look at bits, I must say it is siiiiiick

Do they lay down some sweet fluffhead jams?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I have actually, seriously wondered if this was happening, before. If everyone was just going along with flower smelling because that's what society tells you to do with a flower. I've done that dozens of times before.

You're the nasal version of an autist!

• Options
    Flowers are largely overrated, olfactorily. Some flowers are lovely but I find many to be cloying or even chokingly strong.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @spool32

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    @spool32

Spool will never know the smell of patchouli.

• Options
    @spool32

ooooh. Linky? I wanna check this out. :)

• Options
    Hahahahahahahaha phish

Hahahahahaha

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Ugh, why even bother then, just go to a justice of the peace and save your guests the shame!

I suspect @Syndalis will be failblogging the whole thing.
    I promise not to failblog anything.

No promises on Instagram, though. I may take all manner of classy photos.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people think new cars smell good cause they don'!!
    my friend's girlfriend's new car smells like unwashed vagina

it is awful
    They probably had sex in it. Several times.

and didn't clean it

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    their carbonara is good, ravioli is excellent, meatballs are good

Carbonara eh? I've been looking for a decent Italian place.

Have you been to Fonda San Miguel yet? Amazing interior mexican.

I heard it was p expensive

It's date night money, not a casual meal thing. But it's worth going, because it's super tasty and unlike any of the mexican food you can get around town.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Flowers are largely overrated, olfactorily. Some flowers are lovely but I find many to be cloying or even chokingly strong.
    At least they're better than incense and Glade plug-ins.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Flowers, to me, smell like a mixture of the average plant smell and some very slight sweet-ish smell.

I don't enjoy the effort it takes to smell the good part.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @spool32

Alright, let's try some aversion therapy.

Every time you're needlessly dickish, I'm going to make a note to say something nice to a police officer. The FOP is walking distance from my house, Than!

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people think new cars smell good cause they don'!!

my friend's girlfriend's new car smells like unwashed vagina

it is awful

Does her vagina smell like new car?

• Options
    Incense! I've smelled that a couple of times. Sandalwood I think, if I put my face right over it. It's sort of like fire plus perfume?
    Burning mesquite in a bbq pit is also fire plus perfume. Basically the same odor.

I'm looking around for things to smell. Does the back of a post-it note smell like anything? I mean, I guess I assume it must. Maybe everything has an odor?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Incense! I've smelled that a couple of times. Sandalwood I think, if I put my face right over it. It's sort of like fire plus perfume?
    Burning mesquite in a bbq pit is also fire plus perfume. Basically the same odor.

I'm looking around for things to smell. Does the back of a post-it note smell like anything? I mean, I guess I assume it must. Maybe everything has an odor?

This is like an episode of Sesame Street. Are you actually Grover?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

I don't think so.

Coffee? Your armpit? A permanent marker?

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Man I'm in a shitty mood tonight. Wish I could get to sleep.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Haha the back of a post it note

Adorable

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

Seriously man, when I was younger? *sniffff* oh yes this is lovely. brain:flowers bloom in spring it smells like springtime!

*check reactions to make sure I got it right*

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Why is it that everyone always assumes things are my fault? Why is everyone always on my back even when i do my best to help out? Am i not good enough for people?

my sister just had her wisdom tooth extracted, she's spending a few days here. Her laptop was broken. I suggested i take a look at it to get her HDD out so she wouldn't lose data. I open up her laptop while she's out getting her teeth ripped out and when she comes home, she just shits on me about some DVDs i don't have. i'm eating and she's yelling at me to search for them. Mom's just asking me where the DVDs are. They're in mom's room.

Somehow everything is my fault, i snap and yell at them to leave me alone. now i'm the bad guy. They know i have severe anxiety issues, why aren't they thankful when i do stuff for them? why is it whenever something bad happens, it's my fault? That's not fair.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hee hee. A guy popped up in the Kickstarter thread asking for advice on getting a project kickstarted. Fair enough, but he wanted to start with a project that was doing the concept art. Which is silly.

Now he's made a thread in the Writer's Block to help him design the setting.

Is this some kind of plan to get the forum to pay for and make his game?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    615x330_burgerpizza.png

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Hee hee. A guy popped up in the Kickstarter thread asking for advice on getting a project kickstarted. Fair enough, but he wanted to start with a project that was doing the concept art. Which is silly.

Now he's made a thread in the Writer's Block to help him design the setting.

Is this some kind of plan to get the forum to pay for and make his game?

i know that's what i'm doing.

PS: Can you guys come up with 15 heroes to be in my card game? K thanks.
    PPS Make sure they're balanced.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Why is it that everyone always assumes things are my fault? Why is everyone always on my back even when i do my best to help out? Am i not good enough for people?

my sister just had her wisdom tooth extracted, she's spending a few days here. Her laptop was broken. I suggested i take a look at it to get her HDD out so she wouldn't lose data. I open up her laptop while she's out getting her teeth ripped out and when she comes home, she just shits on me about some DVDs i don't have. i'm eating and she's yelling at me to search for them. Mom's just asking me where the DVDs are. They're in mom's room.

Somehow everything is my fault, i snap and yell at them to leave me alone. now i'm the bad guy. They know i have severe anxiety issues, why aren't they thankful when i do stuff for them? why is it whenever something bad happens, it's my fault? That's not fair.

Because they're domineering personalities and it sounds like they're use to being able to get away with shitting on you and making you take the blame for things that aren't your fault. Some people will continue to take from you as long as you can give, then blame you for not being able to give more. These people are called assholes. The trick is to stop doing things for them.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

I don't think so.

Coffee? Your armpit? A permanent marker?

Sometimes if I've just worked out, it's like there's a different sort of air around me... like I can almost feel it rising up off me. I assume that's BO but there's no scent, just a sort of weird feeling like I'm carrying around a different kind of air than normal air.

My underarms smell if I don't shower but I never notice that, ever. Coffee I covered... never brewed, very rarely when opening a fresh-ground package. Like, I assume a Starbucks just reeks of coffee but it's no different than outside air for me.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Seriously man, when I was younger? *sniffff* oh yes this is lovely. brain:flowers bloom in spring it smells like springtime!

*check reactions to make sure I got it right*

You have to be careful, as there are a few flowers out there that will trick you. Most flowers smell good to attract bees. But there are a few that smell to attract flies. Those smell like... other things that attract flies.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    615x330_burgerpizza.png

burger pizza is worst pizza.

I'd rather eat ham/pineapple.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Why is it that everyone always assumes things are my fault?

To be fair, you are a very problematic century.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Why is it that everyone always assumes things are my fault?

To be fair, you are a very problematic century.

:(

• Options

Because they're domineering personalities and it sounds like they're use to being able to get away with shitting on you and making you take the blame for things that aren't your fault. Some people will continue to take from you as long as you can give, then blame you for not being able to give more. These people are called assholes. The trick is to stop doing things for them.

Great, now to stop doing things for the only people I interact with in real life.

Guess i should become a hobo.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    615x330_burgerpizza.png

burger pizza is worst pizza.

I'd rather eat ham/pineapple.

They have it in chicken for you!

20120423-pizza-hut-me-cheeseburger2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.