As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]y Back

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    so like does anyone on the planet adhere to their company's IT policy?

(this will be the post that gets me fired)

I do mostly because my boss is a hawk for that stuff

our mobile phone device policy on the other hand...

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    there's a lot of religious people who will only date people who share their beliefs

I don't think that's unreasonable as it may inform how you spend your time, your money, how you raise your kids

so if you're a hardcore athiest, doing the same seems fine to me

i don't model my idea of reasonable behavior on what's done by hardcore religious people :p

I guess

I'm sayin, if you have strong beliefs on any number of subjects, it's probably good to find someone who doesn't have strong beliefs the opposite direction

I don't see how this is controversial

why are you being such a dick, skippy

(hehehehehe)

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    there's a lot of religious people who will only date people who share their beliefs

I don't think that's unreasonable as it may inform how you spend your time, your money, how you raise your kids

i don't model my idea of reasonable behavior on what's done by hardcore religious people :p

I guess

I'm sayin, if you have strong beliefs on any number of subjects, it's probably good to find someone who doesn't have strong beliefs the opposite direction

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    yeah, chu, tell us more about your neckbeard

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    But that is a different thing than necessarily informing their belief systems

It's one thing to go "nuh uh" if it's like, Pentecostal or some other crazy, specific sect. But Catholic?

Catholic culture that I have been exposed to is not something I would want to get involved in. I'm not saying it's a deal-breaker for me or anything, but it's going to fire off all those worrying neurons.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    $20 per plate is a standard sitdown pricing. Even at most chains!
    Yeah 20 bucks a plate is not expensive for a sit down.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    for example, we would never workout because of your strident love for your neckbeard

(see photo evidence on previous page)

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If you are a student, I understand that is a princely sum. But wait until you make a salary and you'll be king awesome of the space galaxy eating out every day.

Yeah, I can spend $20 on an okay meal pretty easily. Sometimes a very expensive meal can be nice. When the food you're eating has a closer relationship to magic then what you prepare at home, it can be a hell of an experience.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I would like to invite you to dinner, at Taco Bell

98550_v1.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

I guess

i don't think anyone is disagreeing

it's not 'if you're an atheist you should still be open minded about boning super religious people'

it's that the world is nominally religious but only a small fraction of those people (at least in the areas we're talking about) are truly, deeply religious

so it's like, yes i get why you as an atheist don't wanna date a super religious person. but what we're talking about- not even looking at people who are 'nominally' religious- doesn't really accomplish that efficiently

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Please do. How often do you brush it?

• Options

it's not 'if you're an atheist you should still be open minded about boning super religious people'

it's that the world is nominally religious but only a small fraction of those people (at least in the areas we're talking about) are truly, deeply religious

so it's like, yes i get why you as an atheist don't wanna date a super religious person. but what we're talking about- not even looking at people who are 'nominally' religious- doesn't really accomplish that efficiently

if I was on a dating site I would probably avoid folks who identified as religious!

• Options
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

Please do. How often do you brush it?

100 strokes every weeknight (75 every weekend night)

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    $20 a plate is definitely more than any chain around here costs.

So you don't have a Ruth's Chris around you?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

Would you mind doing a breakdown?
    What would an Entree, soda, tax and tip cost?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

98550_v1.jpg
    A-ha Taco Bell doesn't have plates.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options

if I was on a dating site I would probably avoid folks who identified as religious!

i generally avoid folks who mention religion explicitly as a thing in their profiles- under 'things i couldn't do without' or under their 'self summary' or whatever shit. if it's just some tickbox where they picked one of the most popular religions in the world because that's what their parents were, i am not really scared off by it at all.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Opinions about religious people are always so quaint in liberal echo chambers. The only thing I truly despise about being a part of them. 8->

• Options

i generally avoid folks who mention religion explicitly as a thing in their profiles- under 'things i couldn't do without' or under their 'self summary' or whatever shit. if it's just some tickbox where they picked one of the most popular religions in the world because that's what their parents were, i am not really scared off by it at all.

ENJOY YOUR FUNDAMENTALIST SIDE HUG

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

Inquisitor doesn't tip. He doesn't buy into the system.

• Options
    no... alcohol...?

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

98550_v1.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-04-15-08h08m06s11.png

way too much food. Wasteful.

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

98550_v1.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-04-15-08h08m06s11.png

• Options
    who eats deserts. seriously.

• Options
    i mean if you go to applebee's, tgif's, chili's, olive garden etc

a steak, a split appetizer, a dessert, plus tip, no alcohol...

that's like easily 25-30 bucks per person

• Options
    who eats deserts. seriously.

every once in a while I get a craving for the Sahara that I just can't ignore

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    i mean if you go to applebee's, tgif's, chili's, olive garden etc

a steak, a split appetizer, a dessert, plus tip, no alcohol...

that's like easily 25-30 bucks per person

Yeah, tour of italy + tip is $20 before drinks, and they have olive gardens everywhere.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyways, the point is, Catholic girls need to stop being so cute. Cut it out.

• Options
    no... alcohol...?

i'd be embarrassed to order alcohol at a chain restaurant.

Why?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    no... alcohol...?

I would think a jew ordering alcohol at a chain restaurant would be too physically painful to even happen.

8 DOLLAHS FOR THIS OI

Ludious on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    My favourite restaurant is also one of the most expensive restaurants in town. I went last week. Appetizer, main, desert, split a bottle of wine, taxes and tip came up close to $100. Now that's an expensive meal. Totally worth it though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Opinions about religious people are always so quaint in liberal echo chambers. The only thing I truly despise about being a part of them. 8->

dogg you ain't gotta be offended that I would not date you

• Options
    no... alcohol...?

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    no... alcohol...?

Ordering alcohol at chain restaurants isn't bad as long as you aren't being a hipster about it.

Just don't ask for anything that has bitters.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

you should drop that thing ludious said the other day about offending someone

damn I can't remember it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    RoJdC.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    $1950 for hospital + stay

$1000 for OBGYN delivery/visits

fucking redonk

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Standard burger at local chain (BJ's is the one I picked) $8.50, soda I never get soda so I have no idea what they charge for it, let's say $2? So, $10.50, tax is 10%, lets assume 15% tip: ~$13.25

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Variable wrote: »

you should drop that thing ludious said the other day about offending someone

damn I can't remember it

You don't have the right to not to be offended? I totally agree. But I never said I was offended. Merely annoyed. Words in my mouth etc.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.