As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]y Back

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    incenj i thought you had a lady

I did.

And then she said she wanted babies.

That is why I don't fit in my nice shirts anymore.

this is terrible, but

may i recommend bulimia

gets results

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hey goofs

I'm a really really terrible Catholic but I'd still put Catholic down in the little box when it comes to it

You are cutting people out of your search for no goddamn reason

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    incenj i thought you had a lady

I did.

And then she said she wanted babies.

That is why I don't fit in my nice shirts anymore.

this is terrible, but

may i recommend bulimia

gets results

I don't have a gag reflex. It took me several hours and lots of water to throw up when I had horrible food poisoning.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @Elenil and @Nerdgasmic : I just pre-ordered Borderlands 2 for the Bro-Box.

This September, we're getting the band back together!

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Elldren wrote: »
    Hey goofs

I'm a really really terrible Catholic but I'd still put Catholic down in the little box when it comes to it

Sorry but I can smell church on people.

Even if they haven't gone.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Midwifery is often associated with homeopathic hippie bullshit

but it's also a legitimate medical profession

It's unfortunate that it gets wrapped up in all the hippie dippie holistic craziness, because there's a pile of legit reasons to avoid a hospital for a healthy mother and a low-risk birth. Also, people who want to breastfeed immediately or not have their children taken from them immediately after birth have few options in a hospital unless there's a husband willing to raise hell.

Seems like paranoia but then we had that thing where Texas was saving heel-stick blood (fucking barbaric in the first place) from infants to build a law-enforcement DNA database the parents had never consented to. Imagine my simultaneous rage and trollface when I found out it was happening, and none of my kids were subjected to it.

do your kids have something to HIDE, you paranoid white supremacist gun nut christian!?

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

It's unfortunate that it gets wrapped up in all the hippie dippie holistic craziness, because there's a pile of legit reasons to avoid a hospital for a healthy mother and a low-risk birth. Also, people who want to breastfeed immediately or not have their children taken from them immediately after birth have few options in a hospital unless there's a husband willing to raise hell.

Seems like paranoia but then we had that thing where Texas was saving heel-stick blood (fucking barbaric in the first place) from infants to build a law-enforcement DNA database the parents had never consented to. Imagine my simultaneous rage and trollface when I found out it was happening, and none of my kids were subjected to it.

do your kids have something to HIDE, you paranoid white supremacist gun nut christian!?

hey, to be fair for the last 30ish years at least the banner of "if you're innocent you have nothing to fear" has been very firmly held by the conservatives in the US.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

They might in the future!

Who the hell knows what sort of sensible behavior your godanmned nanny state will criminalize before they're grown.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey goofs

Cannibal

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    my super hippie/naturalist/anti-vaxxer friend laura did something like this i think. she paid for what was basically a nice apartment for a few days and it includes a midwife. and you just sort of go there with a few family members and friends and have your private space outside of a hospital.

It actually turns out that this is legitimately better for most births.

Lower rate of institutional infections and less stress on the mother.

As long as it's a board-certified nurse-midwife attending the delivery... the midwife can identity irregularities that require the attention of an OB in a hospital.

she was also super in love with me and named her son after me without talking to me o.oi

I remember you telling us about this lady.

I didn't mean to imply that she's not nuts. Everything you've said about her indicates she's nuts.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hey goofs

Same here. Lapsed Catholic Hi 5

• Options

Who the hell knows what sort of sensible behavior your godanmned nanny state will criminalize before they're grown.

my nanny state? are you saying that america is not your home, spool?

mmhm. *scribbles notes*

and exactly how long did you spend at that madrass in ireland?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my dinner yesterday cost 42x as much as my lunch today

but i wasn't paying

poo
  • Options
    Hey goofs

Cannibal

Well yeah

though again I'm a terrible Catholic so...

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

There's also the flagrant misuse of DNA evidence based on poor understanding of statistics.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

We're hoping to develop a blood test for Republican.

It will make it easier to round people up for the camps.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    hmm, food. I should go get something before the cafeteria closes.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

but i wasn't paying
    I love when that happens.

Like, Le Cirque for Dinner, PB&J + banana for lunch the next day.

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

my nanny state? are you saying that america is not your home, spool?

mmhm. *scribbles notes*

and exactly how long did you spend at that madrass in ireland?

*uncomfortable throat clearing*

• Options

but i wasn't paying
    is this a trick statement

because even with a 2 dollar hotdog and a dollar bottle of water

that's an expensive dinner o.o
    Shaz only stands on the highest class of corners; if you're not driving a $50,000 car when you pull up, he won't even look twice.

• Options

but i wasn't paying

is this a trick statement

because even with a 2 dollar hotdog and a dollar bottle of water

that's an expensive dinner o.o

• Options
    Hey goofs

Cannibal

Well yeah

though again I'm a terrible Catholic so...

I can only assume that means you put ketchup on it.

• Options
    OK I'm outta here!

ME3 later, brobox bros!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    it was a really cheap lunch
    and a very expensive dinner

my friend insisted on treating me to dinner at a fancy place for helping him find a job, and not just for a short period of time, but putting up with his laziness and smoking too much weed for like a year and insisting he keep looking and helping with the whole thing, i guess he thought i deserved it, though i felt a bit guilty, but he picked the place and all

and it was really fucking good

actually thats the most expensive meal i've ever eaten ever
    by a lot

poo
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

This is a legit game rich people play.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    hey, to be fair for the last 30ish years at least the banner of "if you're innocent you have nothing to fear" has been very firmly held by the conservatives in the US.

The eternal fallacy of that argument: I'm not the one that gets to decide that I'm innocent.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    there's a lot of religious people who will only date people who share their beliefs

I don't think that's unreasonable as it may inform how you spend your time, your money, how you raise your kids

so if you're a hardcore athiest, doing the same seems fine to me

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

If I make a PB&J at the cafeteria during breakfast time it costs $0.60. (It's charged as 2 slices toast, winning!)
    A $25 dinner sounds reasonable.

:)

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh gods. Doctor Bombay is making a comeback.

Get the fuck back to the 90s, you damn hippie.

• Options
    it was a really cheap lunch
    and a very expensive dinner

my friend insisted on treating me to dinner at a fancy place for helping him find a job, and not just for a short period of time, but putting up with his laziness and smoking too much weed for like a year and insisting he keep looking and helping with the whole thing, i guess he thought i deserved it, though i felt a bit guilty, but he picked the place and all

and it was really fucking good

actually thats the most expensive meal i've ever eaten ever
    by a lot

That was really swell of him. It's nice when you help people get their shit together and they say THANK YOU.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I want hot dogs.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

If I make a PB&J at the cafeteria during breakfast time it costs $0.60. (It's charged as 2 slices toast, winning!)

Yeah, I was highballing the price of my sandwich as that whole meal is probably under a dollar, and I hate thinking my lunch the next day cost 200x less than my dinner the night before.

And I way paying for two (the meal actually cost twice that amount), and this didn't count the really nice bottle of wine.

That was the $550-600 dollar meal that I got so much shit for on these forums.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Religion isn't even the real issue, it's specific religions that are horribly contrary to my ethics and lifestyle.

Buddhism doesn't even make me blink.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    there's a lot of religious people who will only date people who share their beliefs

I don't think that's unreasonable as it may inform how you spend your time, your money, how you raise your kids

so if you're a hardcore athiest, doing the same seems fine to me

Culture clashes aren't always fun when naughty bits are involved.

• Options
    Religion isn't even the real issue, it's specific religions that are horribly contrary to my ethics and lifestyle.

Buddhism doesn't even make me blink.

My point is that what someone puts down in the religion box may not at all be indicative of their actual beliefs

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    my super hippie/naturalist/anti-vaxxer friend laura did something like this i think. she paid for what was basically a nice apartment for a few days and it includes a midwife. and you just sort of go there with a few family members and friends and have your private space outside of a hospital.

It actually turns out that this is legitimately better for most births.

Lower rate of institutional infections and less stress on the mother.

As long as it's a board-certified nurse-midwife attending the delivery... the midwife can identity irregularities that require the attention of an OB in a hospital.

Yup. Access to proper clean facilities, trained personal and access to emergency car if need be is what is required. Midwifes are perfectly fine for most births. But being able to get to a doctor in case of complications. Also the birthing facility needs to be sterile including all instruments used. That is really important.

CNMs are fine. Direct-entry Midwives need to have their practices ended.

• Options
    $550-600 dollar meal

whut

• Options

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

Yeah, I was highballing the price of my sandwich as that whole meal is probably under a dollar, and I hate thinking my lunch the next day cost 200x less than my dinner the night before.

And I way paying for two (the meal actually cost twice that amount), and this didn't count the really nice bottle of wine.

speaking of, when are we going out for that baller steak?

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Wow, I just read about the dissolution of the Philadelphia School district.

wooooow.

• Options

but i wasn't paying

$175.00 dinner
    $1.75 lunch

speaking of, when are we going out for that baller steak?
    Hrmm... should it be when you get back, or this week?

I guess what I am asking is... what will be easier for you to do?

SW-4158-3990-6116
This discussion has been closed.