As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Kakos, out of all the doctors, new and old, which one is your favorite?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Kakos, who's the guy in your sig and what's he saying?

That is Irond Will and he is saying "KAWAII DESU NE", which is Japanese for "IT IS SO CUTE!"

i see. Now that is quite a mystery. What DID he find Kawaii? Hmm, surely philosophers will ponder this for eons.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Aye, fair enough. It remains an awesome picture. Not better than the one of Kirk and Dr Who fighting together, but still really good.

Oh great, now I'm imagining different Doctors teaming up with different Trek characters.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Sisko - Christopher Eccleston
    Janeway - The Valeyard

Fuck you. Garak is too good for Matt Smith. The only Star Trek character Matt Smith deserves is Neelix.

Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.

No, fuck you. Matt Smith's Doctor is terribad. "Oh, I'm Matt Smith's Doctor, I have to pee! I'LL USE MY SONIC FUCKING SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to open an unlocked door! SONIC SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to do pretty much anything. SONIC SCREW DRIVER!" Ever since Matt Smith, the show has stopped being about the Doctor and really been a story about a sonic screw driver with an idiot carrying it.

ITT we learn that Kakos has not watched Doctor Who for three years.

Oh, the sonic screw driver use has been steadily climbing for years, yes, but it has reached truly retarded levels in Matt Smith's tenure.

PS: Christopher Eccleston was the best of the new Doctors.

I don't think Smith uses the screwdriver any more than Tennant did. My biggest complaint about latest Who is how gimmicky the endings are.

I agree with you about Eccleston, though.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

In his universe, Al Roker is the best doctor, and he does not have a sonic screwdriver. He wields a sonic Sickle.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular

Easy. Tom Baker. Anyone who says different is wrong.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    My old ethics professor's status is: "Happy May day! Don't mourn. Organize (and occupy)."

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Rowan Atkinson was the best.

• Options
    My only complaint about Smith's tenure is I'm not really digging the increased focus on continuity, but that's been kind of building up with the preceding seasons, I think, and obviously has way more to do with Moffat than Smith or his version of The Doctor.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eccleston COULD have been the best of the new doctors but he decided to be a Prima Donna. now we'll never know. He certainly has the best two-parter for emotional impact of all the new doctors.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    My old ethics professor's status is: "Happy May day! Don't mourn. Organize (and occupy)."

Oh professors

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I really want to go home right about now

• Options
    Aye, fair enough. It remains an awesome picture. Not better than the one of Kirk and Dr Who fighting together, but still really good.

Oh great, now I'm imagining different Doctors teaming up with different Trek characters.

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

Fuck you. Garak is too good for Matt Smith. The only Star Trek character Matt Smith deserves is Neelix.

No, fuck you. Matt Smith's Doctor is terribad. "Oh, I'm Matt Smith's Doctor, I have to pee! I'LL USE MY SONIC FUCKING SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to open an unlocked door! SONIC SCREW DRIVER! Oh, I have to do pretty much anything. SONIC SCREW DRIVER!" Ever since Matt Smith, the show has stopped being about the Doctor and really been a story about a sonic screw driver with an idiot carrying it.

Oh, the sonic screw driver use has been steadily climbing for years, yes, but it has reached truly retarded levels in Matt Smith's tenure.

I don't think Smith uses the screwdriver any more than Tennant did. My biggest complaint about latest Who is how gimmicky the endings are.

I'm also really sore that Helena Bonham Carter wasn't the new Doctor. Can you imagine how perfect she would have been as the first female incarnation of The Doctor?

• Options

I'm pretty partial to Pertwee myself.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Jelly Baby?

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Doctor what now?

• Options

Kirk - Jon Pertwee
    Data - Tom Baker
    Garak - Matt Smith
    Janeway - The Valeyard

I'm also really sore that Helena Bonham Carter wasn't the new Doctor. Can you imagine how perfect she would have been as the first female incarnation of The Doctor?

I would never watch another show.

Never.

• Options
    My only complaint about Smith's tenure is I'm not really digging the increased focus on continuity, but that's been kind of building up with the preceding seasons, I think, and obviously has way more to do with Moffat than Smith or his version of The Doctor.

It's not the continuity I mind so much as the loose ends.

Spoilers Ahoy!
    So we're really never going to find out about the Dr's daughter? You don't think that's important to fucking address that there is a blonde clone timelord running the fuck around? fuck you.

And...my mind has literally gone completely blank. I have a dozen or so somewhere in my memory but they refuse to come out to play. Suffice it to say, STOP MAKING LOOSE ENDS MOFFAT YOU FUCK.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Jelly Baby?

Why, yes, I would love one.

• Options
    You know, I'm ashamed of myself. I really am. I'm sorry if I'm letting anyone down.

But I do not want a Female Dr Who ever. We can have a female Time Lord. She can have her own series. But for "Dr Who" to become Female? Not interested.

I'm not going to defend what I say. But there it is. NOT FUCKING INTERESTED.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    so tired but falling asleep at noon is not a good idea

• Options
    I'm holding out Brent Butt as The Doctor.

brentbutt1.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    My largest problem with the newest Doctor is he looks like a fucking emo hipster conglomeration of sorts.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    To balance out the misogyny there, I do think it's kinda fucked up, considering the whole reincarnation aspect of Zelda, that we've never had a Female Link and a Male Zelda.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    My largest problem with the newest Doctor is he looks like a fucking emo hipster conglomeration of sorts.

I thought emo and hipster were mutually exclusive.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    You know, I'm ashamed of myself. I really am. I'm sorry if I'm letting anyone down.

But I do not want a Female Dr Who ever. We can have a female Time Lord. She can have her own series. But for "Dr Who" to become Female? Not interested.

I'm not going to defend what I say. But there it is. NOT FUCKING INTERESTED.

I think that is probably why it didn't happen. And I mostly agree.

But fuck yes a show with a different Time Lord who happened to be Helena Bonham Carter would be amazing.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My fiancée and I picked out our weddings bands this past weekend in what we both agreed was, far and away, the least romantic part of the wedding planning process so far.

• Options
    To balance out the misogyny there, I do think it's kinda fucked up, considering the whole reincarnation aspect of Zelda, that we've never had a Female Link and a Male Zelda.

wut?
    linkcosplay01.jpg

• Options
    Winky, it surprises me little that you've gone so far down the rabbit hole of cosplay and fan fiction that you've lost sight of a little thing called "canon"

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Now do the black magic required to install ArmA2 mods.

ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead are standalone games on Steam that require some magic to turn them into Combined Ops so they can use the full data set.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

wut?
    linkcosplay01.jpg

Cosplay is not canon.

• Options
    Winky, it surprises me little that you've gone so far down the rabbit hole of cosplay and fan fiction that you've lost sight of a little thing called "canon"

DEATH TO THE AUTHOR

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    so tired but falling asleep at noon is not a good idea

Your sleep/awake schedule confuses and terrifies me. :P

• Options
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    WOMEN CAN'T BE DOCTORS, DECLARES LOCAL POSTER

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

wut?
    linkcosplay01.jpg

*extends hookshot*

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Remember to hit canon with silver arrows when he turns blue.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Yeah. This is an issue too.

• Options
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Jayzeus, Piers Morgan and Jonah Goldberg debating each other... the level of douchetard on this video is off the chart.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Women can't be THAT doctor.

Why not?

This discussion has been closed.