Options

[Glossolalia] Resonance Memorial Thread

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I have eaten

too much cereal

working on my bowl right now

of cereal

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    all we have is cereal from Aldi

mediocre apple jacks called

apple rounds

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [RSNC]

[86/1] [67/40] While Gin does manage to take some heat from alternate realities, this isn't something he's had any practice in. It takes him quite a while just to find and merge a couple doomed timelines. It'll help a little, but Vek still has his work cut out for him.

[64/50] Though Sokudo's attempt to bend reality is no more ambitious than what Yan just accomplished, he does not have the benefit of over two hundred monks acting as a catlyst. His blast of sound causes fractures to appear all over the enemy ships and even creates a few earthquakes on the planet. It is not, however, enough to destabilize the entire crust.

A few seconds later, Sokudo learns this may have been a good thing. His attack may not have been as successful as he had hoped, but it gave him a pretty clear picture of the side of the planet facing him. Among the many buildings on the surface, one stands out: a large tower, shaped identically to the one he just saw in the artifact-induced vision.

[88/80] And as much as he's longed for it, the Resonance proves more difficult to control than he imagined. He's hit with the worst migraine he's ever experienced, and involuntarily cries out in pain. The resulting sound wave knocks Sims against the wall, rattling her skull a bit.

"Sokudo, what the hell going on!" she exclaims.

[26/3] [42/30] Vek's beam of fire melts a significant portion of the enemy fleet as it heads toward the planet. When it hits the surface and begins carving a path to the core, things are looking good. But Vek notices he's already used a lot of the heat he's gathered, and--despite Buko's fervent chanting--the remaining portion isn't going to be enough. In the end, he makes a startlingly deep hole in the planet, but he runs out of fire before he reaches the core.

As Yan tries to recover from her exertion, Corra places a hand on her shoulder.

"You okay?" she asks. "Take a moment to rest. You did more than any of us dared hope. Your friends are picking up where you left off, and the rest of the monks and I will help them. I don't know what Sims is planning, but chances are you're going to want to be in top shape for when she puts it in motion."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    clearly, they're urging you to kill yourself

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    mannnnn

manncos.png

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    My dad is rehabbing from his stroke well

So his brother buys him a sword cane

This weirdass family

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    So I got in a fight with my dad again.

We made up but

It still sucks.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Hugs

• Options
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    @Stilts Can Yan feel the planet outside? Does she know Sokudo is Resonant?

@Gatsby How old is Werne meant to be?

[Yasteb (+48ish)]
    [Haze Group] Jtlkrek shakes her head and climbs out of the Mach 0. "You're a very strange man, Mr. Acer." She stares at him for a long time. "...but I'm not running, and I'm not totally sure why." She shrugs. "Maybe I'm still waiting for the punchline."

[Science Group] I fall into step beside Christina, taking a puff from my cigar. I tap the HEXCom in my other hand. "You and he busted a gang operating out of Avaren, a few years back. Cyber-terrorism type deal. You can probably remember more if you try." I shake my head. "You guys really just haven't been thinking hard enough. Maybe something's off with the Regeneration Chamber? Some side-effect of wedging the incarnation window open? I'll have to run some tests on that."

It doesn't take long to reach Teless' house - if it can be called that. The science district is big on efficiency, so most residents end up living out of their labs, in cramped little quarters hidden behind workstations, barely large enough to house a sleeping chamber. Teless' isn't much better. Probably worse, in fact, given how much of the space is taken up by wires, holographic displays, and figurines of large-eyed and large-breasted women from various cartoons.

He answers the door in a lab coat and boxers. Gold boxers, with flames on. "Chrissi!" he says, smiling brightly.

[Lemit]
    Scrawny shrugs. "Pro'lly where you left it." He follows Daliah and Zee out into the hall. "The other guys are kinda... dealing. I guess. Corder left to find Ket. Mikki and Tren are still on. Haven't talked to the other guys."

He stops abruptly. "Look - just what is it you guys are after? Not that I ain't grateful, none, but ain't like we just gonna fall behind 'cause you tossed Ket. What's your plan? Who the hell even are you?"

[Fregdup]
    Taking the initiative, Samedi is the first to climb down into that dark, ball-filled cavern. That great, gaping maw of balls. [56%/60%] It's a good thing he opted to be crazy fast, as a slower man wouldn't have been able to react when the ledge gave way under his feet, but the Baron was easily able to leap to the next, and continue his descent.

Reaching the bottom of the cavern, Samedi drops into the balls, and finds that they easily reach his knees.

[56%/45%] Dean follows shortly after, and is... somewhat less fast. He clatters to the ground beside Samedi, unhurt, but perhaps a little embarrassed.

Up above Inquisit continues his search. There [86%/HIDDEN]... isn't a lot of information, unfortunately. There are sprinkled reports of similar findings in other areas, or for other colors, but it appears that particular find was quickly forgotten.

Kain pulls out his phone as well, and puts in a search for Tan relics. He gets quite a few returns - mainly knives, clubs, swords, and the like. Plus a few little clay figures of men and women holding knives, clubs, swords, and the like.

Back below, Samedi -1 pulls out some cigarettes and takes a puff. The Adon Island Slim lets out a twirl of purple smoke that curls gracefully away, leaving behind the faint scent of flowers. [36%/80%] He pins the cloth to the smoke's shadow as it reaches the ceiling.

[HEX]
    Warwick hits search, and Extrapedia returns nothing. There is no page for "the color black", and the website only offers a handful of suggestions for related articles.

A Idollo man who ate his wife's skin after drugging her.

A woman in Meridi who whittled her children new faces.

Two brothers from Avaren who taught their factory to reassemble its workers.

A child from Sylas who hung his parents from their family tree. One piece from each branch.

The articles record events that happened years, sometimes decades apart, and none of them are at all related, save for the atrocity of the deeds and the fact that eyewitnesses report the murderers having black eyes.

[Karsif]
    Clyde dashes to Penny's aide, readying himself to help her toss the creature off of her.

Meanwhile, Rick distracts the other corpse. It swings wildly at him [65%/30%], but, concentrating on his dodging, he's far too fast for it.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    DE?AD

You gave me an otaku NPC on purpose, didn't you?

Also, yes, even in her weakened state, Yan can feel the planet outside. It would be hard for any space monk to miss.

As for Sokudo...[56/70] Yan can tell that something crazy involving sound waves is happening to the area. And the waves are at the frequency that Sokudo tends to default to. Anyone who has spent a lot of time training with him (i.e. you, Kanno and the other PCs) can tell he's likely responsible for the attempted dubstep. You would also know that he's never been able to make something quite that loud and far-reaching before. So while you can't know he's Resonant right now, you have plenty of evidence to assume.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Maybe.

Cool, thanks!

[RSNC][Asteroid Field] Yan 0
    [Dancing Hummingbird (Space)][Sprightly][Seductive]
    [i: Harmonic Mind Gi, Skimpy Neon Outfit (equipped), Fighting Rods, Breather and Goggles]

Yan's mind races through the now-limited information it has. She places a hand on Corra's and turns to face the woman. "Yes, I'm... alright. Thank you, Master Corra. I-I'm sorry... for anything I might have said." She looks to the door. Sokudo. "I have to go."

As the soundwaves crash over the ship, she races toward their center, trying to find Sokudo before the resonance burns through him.

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Are we waiting for something on Iddil?

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    no, we arrived at the warehouse but no one's posted anything yet

• Options
    I don't recall you guys doing anything?

Did I miss something?

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    What the...Shit.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    [Irmin Kross] [Team S Iddil μ] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    23/25 6/6 0/3 0/10 0/0 0/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Monk][Iron Will][Tough Hide] [Fleshshifter]
    i: Ragged Jeans, HEXcomm

"Right. Let's get started." Irmin walks towards the drug warehouse but stops at a vantage point to scope it out from. Be it an alleyway or street corner.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    [Kain Fuery] [Ψ Fregdup] A: [Yen] [] [] []
    15/25 3/10 5/5 15/16 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 10/10 0/0 Auto: On
    [Special Agent][Determined][Hyper Awareness] [Immortal]
    i: Pistol, [Tea Shades], HEXcomm

"Alright, Robot. It's go time."

Kain follows Samedi and Dean into the hole filled with big, plump, bouncy balls.

Dux on
  • Options
    [Daliah] [Δ Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 6/10 2/19 7/11 0/0 0/0 1/10 3/16 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Circus Acrobat][Elegant] [Catlike Reflexes] [Illusion Magic]
    i: Wooden Staff, Circus Silks, Domino Mask, [Desert Hood]

"Your mysterious benefactors." Daliah smiles. "Potential employers." The smile fades. "We have questions about this district, questions that can be divined in... salons such as this."

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    [Cecil] [μ/Iddil] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    20/25 1/11 8/9 14/14 0/0 15/15 0/0 7/7 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Swimstar][Icthyosapien][Highly Damage Resistant][Psychokinetic]
    i: Swim Shorts

"Right, let's do i-" Cecil stops abruptly, his eyes suddenly affixed on the water.

"Maybe... I should take an aquatic approach?" He says, mouth hanging open. "They could have an entrance for boats or something..."

• Options
    Talking to Dubh about end-game options for DarkRED. The notion of a JLA/Avengers thing with the Unbound as super-heroes came up.

Calling it now, Cecil is officially Aquaman.

• Options
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Talking to Dubh about end-game options for DarkRED. The notion of a JLA/Avengers thing with the Unbound as super-heroes came up.

Hahahaha

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    [RSNC](Gin Mei)
    [Graceful Cat (Time) ][Stylish][Hacker]
    [i: Harmonic Mind gi, Explosive shurikens, Clear Goggles, FlexTablet]

He sighs. It's not enough to help Vek. Gin puts a hand to his face in shame. The way things went with Vek1 and the master. If he had done things differently, maybe no one would have...he's broken from his self loathing reverie by the sound of Wub. It doesn't take mystical mental powers to make the leap at the source. He gets a stern expression and follows Yan.. As he does so he remembers his training.

Time and Sound aren't so different. It's about creating ripples.
    One of the first exercises in Gin's training consisted of dropping pebbles in a slow moving stream, indirectly altering the path of a leaf flowing through it.

[Brother Samedi] [Ψ Fregdup]: [Yen] [] []
    26/27 1/10 8/15 4/15 0/0 1/1 0/0 4/5 0/20 1/1 1/1 Auto: On
    [Smoothsayer][Crazy Fast][???][Shadow Magic]
    i:[Hexxcom, Slick Suit (w/Flower), Pistol, Thompsan 40, Adon Island Slims

Samedi is struck by a couple things in dank ball pit which he shares with the group.
    "Dis sure be one 'ell of a Bashment. Ahn 'at steppa like Bredda Samedi? Wheeeeewwww! 'e could throw of 'at mess of a otannany in 'ere."

He looks around for the source of light.

"But first where be da light? A bredda don't want whatever scared dem bwoys what was working 'ere sneaking up on 'im backside."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Dux wrote: »

Hahahaha

I love it

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    @Gatsby How old is Werne meant to be?

Uhhhh hmmm. I never thought about this myself. He's mostly been dead for a while, and alive for only a short bit before he originally died and during all of this. Let's just say 104 years old.

• Options
    [Leo] [L Yasteb] A: [] [] []
    2/27 0/5 5/5 6/11 1/1 0/0 0/0 2/2 3/3 11/11 2/2 Auto: On
    [Politician] [Persuasive] [Very Dangerous] [Flamboyant]
    I: Umbrella sword, blazer, striped scarf, slacks, dress shoes, HEXcom

Leo glances sideways at Christina. He rapidly types up a message on his HEXcom to her.

There is not a single incarnation of me okay with this.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Can't find a better definition of what black seems to represent than morbid, specially 1 & 4.

Also Shock is leaving me hanging.

(I won't be glossposting until friday night so vOv)

• Options
    edited May 2012
    [HEX]
    Warwick hits search, and Extrapedia returns nothing. There is no page for "the color black", and the website only offers a handful of suggestions for related articles.

A Idollo man who ate his wife's skin after drugging her.

A woman in Meridi who whittled her children new faces.

Two brothers from Avaren who taught their factory to reassemble its workers.

A child from Sylas who hung his parents from their family tree. One piece from each branch.

The articles record events that happened years, sometimes decades apart, and none of them are at all related, save for the atrocity of the deeds and the fact that eyewitnesses report the murderers having black eyes.

Alright, I didn't read this as thoroughly as I wanted to yesterday because I was kind of distracted but

D:

D:D:D:

Dux on
  • Options
    Only cementing my desire for black points

• Options
    Black seems like my kind of color, haha.

Honestly though, it might be something akin to a dragon. Something hanging on the periphery, manifesting where malign inspiration draws it.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    I REALLY want to get back to Hex

I need to respec, because my character clicked for me a couple of days ago

so goddamn excited

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Man, I wish I could join you guys on these musing

DE?AD is hiding bigger shit than this, though

there's stuff he's not even running by me

so y'all should get doubly (Dubhly) excited for the future of this game

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Is it weird that I don't like Leo

I like his succeeding at things and being able to play as him well but I don't like his personality or the way he does things

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Yeah I figured. There's a lot of edges to this puzzle that have some funny-ass edges.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Is it weird that I don't like Leo

I like his succeeding at things and being able to play as him well but I don't like his personality or the way he does things

Leo is, objectively speaking, the best character you've written on this thread

I enjoy reading your character posts

keep at this shit

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Thanks

It's just so alien to what I usually do

It's really weird using him

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    so uh, do our rooms have a minibar?

I can't remember

but why wouldn't they

• Options
    it's good for us to do

and to do often

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I feel like I'm starting to write myself into a corner again with Irmin. He's just so damn flat and I am floundering around trying to make him pop. At least that's what it feels like on this side.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.