As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Even with counterfeiters, PAX badges are easily resold. If you think you might want to go, you buy the badges. It's just how it is now, as with any major event.

But yeah, if you want to go you still can, just costs $105 for three days instead of $65. But act now. They may not last long.

This is the problem. 65 dollars+hotel+plane flight kills me pretty hard. If I end up in DC or Geneva no way I have the money. 105 is even more of a pain.

I think I will just skip this year. Grad school is eating into my savings plus debt. I was on the fence anyway.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Just bought two Saturday tickets for PAX. This may be the last one I get to go to for a while.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    This makes me sad. Sorry you won't make it man.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    You can have a lot of fun with a penguin and a large glass table

do a lot of things

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    In honour of the man currently leading the Toronto Blue Jays in nearly all measurable batting statistics, and primarily for my own enjoyment, I present:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3-SXKdFKo&feature=related

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    @Sarksus Why are you healing your full life dudes?

Does the cleric only have a certain number of heals? I'm not moving ahead so I topped off their health.

On my screen it looked like you were healing max life guys for some reason. Never mind!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    This makes me sad. Sorry you won't make it man.

It was already coming to this I think. There is a chance of me ending up in Seattle for the summer. If so I might find a way to spend a couple days at PAX if my internship goes to that point.

I need to finish that application tomorrow.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    hey guys, should I make a thread letting people here know that 3-day PAX badges sold out in like four hours already? I know a lot of people in D&D do care, and wouldn't want to miss at least the 1-day badges, but might not think they needed to pounce that fast and monitor the PAX site and forums that closely?
    I wonder how much of that is scalpers?

I bought a Friday and Saturday pass, even though I'm fairly sure I have a friend with a spare three-day. Probably end up reselling those.

• Options
    Wonder if there was a limit on how many 3 day passes you could buy.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Man, me killing myself would just be darwinism in action

:(

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    hey guys, should I make a thread letting people here know that 3-day PAX badges sold out in like four hours already? I know a lot of people in D&D do care, and wouldn't want to miss at least the 1-day badges, but might not think they needed to pounce that fast and monitor the PAX site and forums that closely?

I bought a Friday and Saturday pass, even though I'm fairly sure I have a friend with a spare three-day. Probably end up reselling those.

According to the twitter, average sale size was only 1.7 (max of 5).

So some, probably, but not as much as we'd like to think. It really just sells out that fast now.

I'll be surprised if Saturday badges make it to the weekend.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

*hug*

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I bet 90% of those three-day passes get sold at a marked-up price by scalpers.

• Options

So some, probably, but not as much as we'd like to think. It really just sells out that fast now.

Makes me feel a little better.

• Options
    I wonder if the barcode printout is an effort to slow down scalpers. As in they actually check your id with the name on the printout.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    screamy screamy screamy

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I bet quite a few are people like me (over the last couple years) buying multiples in case friends want them. Which they generally have.

This year I said fuck-it, my friends can buy their own, because I'm sick of people flaking out (leaving me to scramble to sell them) or thinking I'm their tourguide because I ordered their pass.

And now I feel like a dick, because some of my friends who are super-devoted to going are having to buy 1-day passes to do it. But man, I texted everybody when they went on sale. Like within 15 minutes of the tweet going out.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular

Scalpers regularly employ large groups of people to get the tickets because of per-person maximums. What would be more telling is how many of those sales were 5 ticket sales? Bet you 90% of those sales are to scalpers.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I hate making resumes.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Did any of you read that piece on military FPS's and how they portray soldiers where the guy was arguing that the portrayal is white-washed and neglects to portray many military personnel as the psychotic fuckers they really are? I remember reading something like that but I can't find it anywhere.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

*hug*

Thanks man

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Did any of you read that piece on military FPS's and how they portray soldiers where the guy was arguing that the portrayal is white-washed and neglects to portray many military personnel as the psychotic fuckers they really are? I remember reading something like that but I can't find it anywhere.

is it this

http://www.mediumdifficulty.com/2012/03/01/call-of-apathy-violent-young-men-and-our-place-in-war/

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    I hate making resumes.

don't stop now

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    I hate making resumes.

don't stop now

I've never had to make a resume before. This is the first one I've ever had to do.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

*hug*

Thanks man

My best friend came very close to killing himself.

He's now married, happily, and is graduating from grad school in a couple of days.

Talk to someone. Please.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Worse than dogfighting?

Actually, yeah, cheeky stuff aside, it's not the best sport for people with brains.

21stCentury on
  • Options

Things can get better.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

Worse than dogfighting?

Actually, yeah, cheeky stuff aside, it's not the best sport for people with brains.

I recently read a comparion between dogfighting and football and aside from the free will posessed by humans and the fact that they're not immediately killing one another, football didn't come out very fair ahead on the morality scale.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Apparently I purchased all the proguitar upgrades for 2112 by Rush in Rock Band.

In related news apparently I hate myself.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    My fingers are cold, my forehead is hot, and I feel vaguely ill. Also, sleepy. Guh.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't even understand the way college football is managed except that it smells like poop.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

*hug*

Thanks man

My best friend came very close to killing himself.

He's now married, happily, and is graduating from grad school in a couple of days.

Talk to someone. Please.

I probably wouldn't kill myself.

I'm just really sad because it's been 5 years of therapy and trying to improve things and I still can't deal with stress or work like a normal person.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh god I can't watch football now anymore.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options

I really, really appreciate the effort that must have gone in to this.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hey guys what's generally the least intensive way to play a game? i set everything to very low- now i assume 'windowed' with a lower resolution generally provides a better framerate?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey guys what's generally the least intensive way to play a game? i set everything to very low- now i assume 'windowed' with a lower resolution generally provides a better framerate?

Windowed will make it more, rather than less, system intensive, I believe. Lower resolution full screen I believe would be the way to go? But don't quote me on that.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Generally, full screen offers a better framerate than windowed.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
This discussion has been closed.