Options

[Mini-Phalla] of Cables: Persephone's Kiss [Cycle End: Recovery]

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    biggest host error:

not making it clear in RENDDEAL.COM's role pm that you were not swapping factions/VCs/whatever but rather host confirmation of that player having that faction/VC/whatever

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    We just couldn't risk it. I wasn't even sure if you knew what the changes would be. And at some point, you'd want something in return.

Like I said, I felt really bad about it!

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    biggest host error:

not making it clear in RENDDEAL.COM's role pm that you were not swapping factions/VCs/whatever but rather host confirmation of that player having that faction/VC/whatever

Oh geeze. Poor Obifett.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    biggest host error:

oh, that makes more sense with the name and everything. And that would have been a pretty cool VEER thing.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    biggest host error:

Woah that's WAY different haha. That would have probably saved him from getting the axe from the infomongers :P

• Options
    by the time i realized "Oh wait, he's not bluffing about what it does" it was already dead so whoops.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    We just couldn't risk it. I wasn't even sure if you knew what the changes would be. And at some point, you'd want something in return.

I don't think you actually felt that bad

jerk

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm surprised the info dealers didn't kill me off in both worlds, given I was politely declining their offers.

When I died in the Veer, all need for secrecy was gone, so I gave them my name, even if I had a suspicions about them.

Together, Lucedes and I put together the list of names and mowed them down this afternoon, but he gets the credit for the negotiations, given I was still in hiding in case we needed my vig again if the game lasted long enough.

So, sorry Tasty and Smoove. Only went 1 for 3 in mafia vigs, so not great, but at least I got you Stever.

Post or die, my mafia friends, post or die.

• Options
    Not only would we have not axed it, we would have been VERY supportive.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

I don't think you actually felt that bad

jerk

Well, now I take it back!

jerkface :P

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I was asked to kill capfalcon in the beer by fellow white nights lol

Anyhow mafia could have been fine if half our crap didn't miss get blocked :(

• Options

OH noes! Not a fair trade!

again

very very :evil:

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Also a shoutout to @Smoove Operator and @Langly for being the best neutral buddies a hacker could hope to have.

Condolences to the family of @Capfalcon for the error in his deletion while hunting down the baddies.

Oh, and @jdarksun. IT WAS ME, BRING THE GRUDGE!

On this note, did something happen to mess up my busdrives in the Veer? Because it got me killed.

Meanies.

• Options
    It was T_A Cap. He had some sort of ability immunity, so your busdrive didn't go off.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I was honestly more annoyed that I lost my free ride to never ever talk about the actual game than I was about dying in the veer.

There was no way in hell everyone was gonna post a cat in one day.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    To the people I vote manip'ed in the veer, sorry for killing you. Necessary evil and all that.
    My power there was that I could target someone, and move all votes from anyone with just one vote against them onto my target.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    I was asked to kill capfalcon in the beer by fellow white nights lol

Anyhow mafia could have been fine if half our crap didn't miss get blocked :(
    Culture Preservation Act = haha fuck you mafia :lol:

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    I was honestly more annoyed that I lost my free ride to never ever talk about the actual game than I was about dying in the veer.

See, I STILL don't get this.

Why aren't people more willing to help with VCs that have absolutely ZERO negative effect on them?

• Options
    It was T_A Cap. He had some sort of ability immunity, so your busdrive didn't go off.

nope

here is the exact reason that white night suspected Capfalcon:

no one asked if their kills showed up as the same every night

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »
    Also a shoutout to @Smoove Operator and @Langly for being the best neutral buddies a hacker could hope to have.

Condolences to the family of @Capfalcon for the error in his deletion while hunting down the baddies.

Oh, and @jdarksun. IT WAS ME, BRING THE GRUDGE!

On this note, did something happen to mess up my busdrives in the Veer? Because it got me killed.

Meanies.

Yes, apparently your busdrive didn't go off at all since it targeted T_A. Not sure why you didn't get any notification. I'm pretty sure the kill then got driven onto REG by the AAOU busdriver. I think it was Void Slayer?

• Options
    Killing you was actually a big cluster of missed information and mistrust.

What I THINK was supposed to happen was you would be busdriven to lucedes to avoid any guards. But Rend missed Anialos's message about it and just had kime kill lucedes. But Kime then got busdriven over to you.

It was really annoying to me because I was seering you that night and got busdriven back to Lucedes... <grumble grumble>

• Options
    Yeah, I couldn't be guarded or busdriven, and the Culture Preservation Act meant that anyone targeting me got a roleblock the next day.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular

Why aren't people more willing to help with VCs that have absolutely ZERO negative effect on them?

Dunno, I posted my pic.

I would have helped TA get his as well after the real was done, but it just seemed so implausible to pull off during the game, plus it actively hurt the village.

• Options
    I wasn't willing to provide any info because I knew it would become a powerful bargaining chip late game. It just wasn't enough.

At first I didn't even want to tell my mafia buddies my ability (which was awesome, but probably better suited for a SK than a mafia) because INFORMATION IS POWER.

POWER TO THREATEN THEM INTO POSTING CATS.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options

nope

here is the exact reason that white night suspected Capfalcon:

no one asked if their kills showed up as the same every night

What what whaaat? Oh that sucks.

• Options

The info brokers did! We helped both TRV and Smoove get across the line.

And I'd been working with Langly from day 1 to help with his WoW VC.

Had he not died, I was going to help Slym get cats the next day.

• Options
    If you could have guaranteed 100% cats, I would have happily given it to you. But then I was dead and I was too busy being mafia.

• Options
    Oh, almost forgot. BEST REND DEAL EVER.

• Options
    I could've gotten you most of the way there. You would've needed to get Void Slayer and Cayrus, but I probably could've gotten White Night, AAOU, Langly, Smoove and TRV.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »

Dunno, I posted my pic.

I would have helped TA get his as well after the real was done, but it just seemed so implausible to pull off during the game, plus it actively hurt the village.
    I did share the village VC, but that would've been too boring. So I went for the more exciting route instead.

Of course if I had known earlier that votes against me counted as not voting, I would've tried the village idiot route instead. :P

• Options
    If you could have guaranteed 100% cats, I would have happily given it to you. But then I was dead and I was too busy being mafia.

I got 100% names. That's pretty tough :)

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    love the "desynched" tag in my kills, i think it's a PHA/LLA reference

i did not know what my kill looked like until after the game was over.

my targets were as follows:
    guarded (Langly), inactive (no target), redundant (Capfalcon), roleblocked (Rend), and game-ending (M.D.)

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »

guarded (Langly), inactive (no target), redundant (Capfalcon), roleblocked (Rend), and game-ending (M.D.)

Retaba guarding Langly day 1 is one of the crazy turning points that no one really knew at the time but managed to completely change the course of the game.

• Options
    Who killed me? And why?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Roles:

River Six/theatreum
    In The Real:
    You are River Six, a once-unimportant hacker who rose to prominence when you broke into the Phallen Corporation's mainframe and publicized details about the connections between common Veer equipment and the production of the hallucinogenic drug growing in popularity known as Persephone. The Corporation has never fully recovered from this scandal, and you are unsurprisingly disliked by them. The recent hits on the members of Mars' underbelly may be traced to this action, and you have begun to mobilize in preparation of an all-out war between the dregs of society and the polished suits.

Paranoia has kept you alive so far, though as your enemies become more numerous their actions become more dangerous. You maintain a monitoring network on yourself to keep ahead of them. You are informed whenever a Veer power is used on you, though encryption will likely make it impossible to know where the power came from or what it did.

Victory Condition: Eliminate any and all who would seek to kill the Mars cyberunderbelly.

In The Veer
    You are theatreum, the legendary hacker who showed the man that you can't keep secrets from the people. When you got started in this “business” you never imagined that it would lead to you breaking the biggest scandal in your life, but here you are. You suppose you always wanted to make a difference. Your youthful rage-against-the-machine posts were what made you friends in the first place.

As a member of the hacking group In.frequency, you consider yourself a cyber-activist – though you're not above information running for spare loot. Right now you're trying to stay low-key, until the heat from Phallen dies down. The recent confusion in the Veer has dominated much of your attention anyway. You don't know how it's going to end, but you suspect you can get your name in the history books when they record how it goes down.

Each cycle you may target a player. You will learn the target of any Veer actions they take that cycle.

Victory Condition: Publish a list of player names linking them to the correct character names, usernames, and Veer factions in the thread.

Thane Atrus/Henry Miller
    In The Real
    You are Thane Atrus, a hacker turned datarunner working as a free agent on Mars. The world of hacking is just too risky. Companies are too dirty, they don't care about taking a man out. You can't risk yourself, or the people you know with your work. It's difficult to get out completely, though, and so you found work as a transporter of files. Sometimes information is too sensitive to send over the cables, and that's where you come in. Unfortunately, despite your best efforts to keep yourself out of danger, your association with certain individuals appears to have made you a target. You didn't want to be in this situation, but you're not going to go quietly.

Your datarunning has let you build up a wide net of contacts that you can consult for sensitive information. Each cycle you may target a player who has not yet died in the Veer, but has died on Mars. You will learn that player's alignment.

Victory Condition: Eliminate any and all who would seek to kill the Mars cyberunderbelly.

In The Veer
    You are Henry Miller, an independent researcher in the Veer. Though you gave up your hacking life, you still wanted to work in code. Constructing a fake identity for yourself you eventually managed to establish yourself as a virus researcher. Though you have acquired no fame for it, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing that you're helping protect the Veer. Unfortunately, recent events have caused incredible turmoil in the Veer. The only way to protect people is to stop it as quickly as possible.

The .phalla virus that has recently broken out is something you've yet to solve, but you have begun to understand some of the underlying code. This understanding allows you to target a player each cycle. Every vote on a player with only one vote on him will instead be moved to that player.

Victory condition: Using your power, cause every vote from one Veer faction to kill a member of another Veer faction.

James Reaper/Lux
    In The Real
    You are James Reaper, a paranoid urchin of the streets. That's not derogatory – it's right on your business card. Knowing the corridors of a city and being unremarkable are commodities with value. You've been a lookout, a scout, a mule, and more. It's not the most comfortable life, but you can't imagine trying to work a 9-5 just to afford some shitty high-rise apartment. Not your style. Unfortunately, your work with the underbelly of Mars has apparently put you on a short list of authorized deaths, and it looks like you're going to have to do your best to stop the man from bringing you down.

Your paranoia and street-smarts keep you focused. You are alerted whenever a Real power is used on you, but not its nature.

In The Veer
    You are Lux, one of the foremost archivists online. You abhor the idea of culture being lost or forgotten, and tirelessly search through all digital landscapes for recordings and replications of human history. A wealth of Japanese literature would be lost without you plunging through the depths of ancient bbs boards. Your dedication to the preservation of art has put you in contact with like-minded individuals, but it has also put you at odds with others.

As a member of White Night, you believe that structure, order, and direction are necessary to mold the Veer into the future for mankind. You have come into conflict with the decadent arrogance of And All Of Us repeatedly across many servers, but the possibility to extend one's life in the Veer has caused this abrasive fight to break into a war. They cannot be allowed to poison the potential of the Veer.

Your work plunging through the history of the internet and the Veer has let you stockpile several tools to take care of situations like this. Each cycle you may target a player. Using a simple virus you will attempt to disconnect that player.

Victory Condition: Kill all of And All Of Us, and anyone else who wants you dead.

Minh Ha Des/Glukk Cactuseater
    In The Real
    You are Minh Ha Des. You don't consider yourself to be a very hardcore hacker, but you have hung out in certain circles. Late night web cafes attract very specific company. There were some tricks you picked up from them but the danger in the lifestyle was remarkably unappealing. You kept yourself sharp playing with profiles and simple sites and felt that was sufficient – until you realized that one of the sites you hacked through was a front for IZANAMI. Terrified of the prosecution that could await you, you've never done it since. However, recent violence against people you know may force your hand.

As a Korean people sometimes mistake you for one of the nearly extinct Japanese, because white people are racist. However this has helped you know that Japanese citizens are protected by the Culture Preservation Act, which will roleblock anyone who targets them with an ability on the next cycle.

You acutely remember the ways into the IZANAMI mainframe, and how it could be interfered with. Once per game, you may choose to delay the vote kill for one hour into the next cycle. This will allow the vote target to place in an action for that cycle.

In The Veer
    You are Glukk Cactuseater, an orc warlock in Warcraft 6. You have too much to worry about in the real world. Who can fault you for wanting to spend your free time playing games? You've spent a long time playing Glukk, and you've gotten very good at it. You dare say you could be one of the best players ever. This is a good time to prove it.

You are at level 100. By taking specific actions, you will gain experience and level higher, unlocking more abilities. You know for certain that using your ability on a player that dies from a source other than the vote will count as an assist, and provide experience for leveling. If there are other ways to level you do not yet know them.

You have the following abilities.
    Curse of Doom: Each cycle you may target a player. You will deal damage to that player equal to the number of votes they receive. If a player takes 10 damage, they will die.
    Devour Magic: Unlocked at level 200. Each cycle you may target a player. You will destroy any beneficial effects on that player, such as guards. This ability has a cooldown, and cannot be used two days in a row.
    Demonic Gateway: Unlocked at level 300. Each cycle you may choose two targets. The effects used on the first target will instead be used on the other, and vice versa. This ability takes place before all other busdrives.

Victory Condition: Achieve a higher level than the other Warcraft 6 players. If you are tied in level with any others the highest number of assists will be used to determine the winner. If you are tied in number of assists the one still alive will be the winner. If you are both still alive the one who received the least total votes in the Veer will be the winner. In addition, eliminate anyone who wants you dead.

Aarun Duat/Jus Soli
    In The Real
    You are Aarun Duat, a police officer who has closely befriended many members of the streets of Mars. They keep you abreast of illicit goings-on, and you look the other way when visiting the cybercafes. So far it hasn't caused any problems, but the recent murders in the streets have you worried. An anonymous tip suggests that you may be on the short list of potential hacker contacts, and you suspect the corporation isn't interested in talking. You're going to have to keep yourself and your friends alive as best you can.

You have the ability to forge police orders requesting an individual's presence at a set time and place, and the authority to arrest those who disobey. Theoretically you should be able to discreetly force contacts or identify problematic individuals. Each cycle, you may choose two players. The first player will have to choose on the next cycle to use any abilities they have on the second player, or not at all.

In The Veer
    You are Jus Soli, an arbiter of conflict in the Veer. You have moderated many discussions and banned users from servers they were no longer desired more than you can count, and through this met other individuals who believe equally in law and order. Disciplinarians like yourself are necessary if the Veer is to be the future of man, but not everyone sees it that way.

As a member of White Night, you believe that structure, order, and direction are necessary to mold the Veer into the future for mankind. You have come into conflict with the decadent arrogance of And All Of Us repeatedly across many servers, but the possibility to extend one's life in the Veer has caused this abrasive fight to break into a war. They cannot be allowed to poison the potential of the Veer.

Your experience in dealing with undesirables has lead you to a wealth of illict code, some of which you can put to use in your new war. Each cycle, you may choose two players. Every ability used on the first player will be used on the second instead, and vice versa. However, the imperfect nature of this code means that if it interacts with another instance of itself, it will target the players who have used it instead.

Victory Condition: Kill all of And All Of Us, and anyone else who wants you dead.

Marie La Croix/Lenaya Deadwood
    In The Real
    You are Marie La Croix, a former hacker. Only a few people know of your history with the Sang-froid hacker group, for you entered and exited the world of hacking a mystery to those who hunted you. You made money enough to live comfortably, but choose to live in the shitty apartments of New Pyongyang. It keeps you further out of sight of anyone that might have a hint of who you were, and keeps you abreast of developments in the scene. However, this desire to stay connected may cost you. An informant has let you know that you are one of the “Potential insurgents” the murderers hunting the dregs of society are authorized to kill.

This is...unfortunate.

You have contacts and history enough that you need not face this alone, however. Each cycle, you may choose a player. Thanks to your connections you will learn that player's name and alignment.

In The Veer
    You are Lenaya Deadwood, a night elf warrior in Warcraft 6. After retiring from hacking you needed something to do to kill time, and the largest online game seemed a suitable replacement. Suffice it to say you got into it. A burning urge to be among the best players fills you, but you know that it takes truly exceptional play to be identified as such. This conflict in the Veer may give you an opening for such play.

You are at level 100. By taking specific actions, you will gain experience and level higher, unlocking more abilities. You know for certain that using your ability on a player and blocking a kill will count as an assist, and provide experience for leveling. If there are other ways to level you do not yet know them.

Shield Block: Each cycle you may target a player. You will block any harmful attacks made on that player.
    Intercept: Unlocked at level 200. Each cycle you may target a player. If that player is attacked, you will swap the target of your Shield Block to that player.
    Spell Reflect: Unlocked at level 300. Once per game, you may target a player. All harmful abilities used on that player will be used on their source instead.

Victory Condition: Achieve a higher level than the other Warcraft 6 players. If you are tied in level with any others the highest number of assists will be used to determine the winner. If you are tied in number of assists the one still alive will be the winner. If you are both still alive the one who received the least total votes in the Veer will be the winner. In addition, eliminate anyone who wants you dead.

Sammy D/big crunch
    In The Real
    You are Sammy D, co-proprietor of one of the cybercafes on Mars. The neighbourhood is kind of shitty, but no one messes with you because you look like you could kill them. You're a really nice guy though. Just ask all the hackers you've sheltered in the top floor while they were on the run from law enforcement. The recent murders make it appear as though this charity may end up costing you, however. With one happening on the very floor of your cafe, you're not sure how safe you are.

You are masoned with your partner SaberOverEasy, Tomi Veles.

In The Veer
    You are big crunch. In the Veer, you fight. You turn on kinetic feedback, get yourself a nice, tough avatar, find the right server, and just beat the shit out of someone – or get the shit beat out of you. The Veer stops just short of truly undesirable pain, and you never grow tired. You can fight exactly as much as you need to. All the stress, all the worries, everything that consumes you in your daily life vanishes. This passion has helped you find others that feel the same way about the Veer as you do, but there are some who look at your indulgence as barbaric.

As a member of And All Of Us, you believe that the Veer must remain uncensored, organic, and lawless so that mankind can reach potential thought impossible. You have come into opposition with the arrogant self-importance of White Night numerous times across many servers, but the possibility to extend one's life in the Veer has turned this into a full-on war. They cannot be allowed to stifle the potential of the Veer.

Hanging out in the crowds you do you've picked up a few pieces of code that are typically meant for pranks, but in this conflict could become a weapon. Each cycle, you may choose a player. You will attempt to disconnect that player.

Victory Condition: Kill all of White Night, and anyone else who wants you dead.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Tomi Veles/crucifixation
    In The Real
    You are Tomi Veles, co-proprietor of one of the cybercafes on Mars. It's not the best neighbourhood but you grew up here and you don't see any reason to leave. Besides, it makes a good hideout while you HACK SHIT LIKE A BADASS MOTHERFUCKER. You've been told to tone down your enthusiasm for what you do illicitly in the past but fuck those guys. Right now though you have to spend most of your time hanging out on the second floor where no one can see you, given that you helped break the biggest corporate scandal in recent history. From the looks of things, blood is going to be spilled over that one. You hope it isn't yours.

You are masoned with your partner Lucedes, Sammy D.

In The Veer
    You are crucifixation, one of the hackers who broke into the Phallen mainframe and leaked the scandal of the century. This is what you always dreamed of. This is why you got into hacking in the first place, the stories they'd tell in your cafe. Now you're doing it. You're living the dream. You're somebody. You just need to get out of this alive.

As a member of the hacking group In.frequency, you consider yourself a cyber-activist – though you're not above information running for spare loot. Right now you're trying to stay low-key, until the heat from Phallen dies down. The recent confusion in the Veer has dominated much of your attention anyway. You don't know how it's going to end, but you suspect you can get your name in the history books when they record how it goes down.

Each cycle you may target a player. You will learn that player's name and username.

Victory Condition: Publish a list of player names linking them to the correct character names, usernames, and Veer factions in the thread.

"One Eye" Keen/RENDDEAL.COM
    In The Real
    You are “One Eye” Keen, and contrary to your nickname you have two eyes. It's not an innuendo or anything, you just...have the nickname One Eye. Regardless, your nickname generally isn't important to most people. What is important to them is that you are the best source for the drug Persephone in New Pyongyang. Your stuff is never tainted, and always an experience to remember, so it's no surprise that people come to visit you. Unfortunately those frequent illicit visitors appear to have convinced Phallen that you stand a decent chance of being a hacker. You don't think it's very likely that you can politely talk them down from that stance.

Hopefully you can put your supply to use. Each cycle you may target a player. You will give them a hit of Persephone. This may have different effects on different people, or all effects on no people, or no effects on all people. It's difficult to say how someone responds.

In The Veer
    You are RENDDEAL.COM, the foremost information brokering service on all of the Veer. Seriously, you're the best around, and no one realizes it's just one guy!!! Unfortunately, you are just one guy. This means that you are very vulnerable to a number of minor and inconvenient details such as death, which is a very real and frightening possibility in the battleground forming in the Veer. If you could just get enough popular opinion in support of you, you could use it to construct a positivity shield that will protect you until this whole thing blows over. Thankfully, capitalism is built upon popular opinion.

You have 4 scan processes that you can run. To use these processes, target a player and either their power, victory condition, or faction. That cycle you will learn what their power, victory condition, or faction is. You may use any number of your processes at once but only have 4 for the duration of the game.

A player may trade their power, victory condition, or faction to you by stating to the host “I authorize the transaction of my _________ to (your name)”. You may trade any power, victory condition, or faction that is Known to you (has come directly from the host) in the same manner.

Victory Condition: Have 15 other players publicly endorse the services of RENDDEAL.COM in the thread.

OR

Have all surviving players endorse RENDDEAL.COM on the same day.

Vuokko Tuonela/hope
    In The Real
    You are Vuokko Tuonela, a dirty, worthless street bum who will never accomplish anything in his life. Or at least that's what your last girlfriend said, but what does she know? Credit and digital cash is all just part of Big Business' methods of controlling you. If you really know what you're doing, you don't need any of it. Meet the right people and you can sleep on a couch. You can go weeks without buying food if you know how to do it. Sure, there are people who would criticize your life, but they don't know anything. You're well and truly free.

One of the keys to survival is knowing how to get what other people don't need. Each cycle you may choose a player who has died in both Mars and the Veer. If they are not a member of the Phallen corporation you will gain a one-time use of any powers they have.

In The Veer
    You are hope, and though the name may be tacky the ideals are not. The Veer is beautiful. Endless, unsullied creativity. Without shame, people embrace what they have truly wanted to do. The Veer is canvas, therapist, library, database, and more. The Veer is the future of humanity, and that has to be preserved. You cannot abide restrictions, or laws that seek to control the Veer, just as you loathe the corrupt governments that would control Mars. This philosophy has brought you in contact with those you agree with, but it has also brought you enemies.

As a member of And All Of Us, you believe that the Veer must remain uncensored, organic, and lawless so that mankind can reach potential thought impossible. You have come into opposition with the arrogant self-importance of White Night numerous times across many servers, but the possibility to extend one's life in the Veer has turned this into a full-on war. They cannot be allowed to stifle the potential of the Veer.

Knowledge is power. You have known this from an early age, and you ensured that you were powerful in the Veer. Some of your information gathering code should be able to read details from the strange virus that has been going around. Each night you receive an accurate count of the number of votes on the winning player.

No True Izanami/No True Izanami
    In The Real
    You are No True Izanami, the deposed heir of IZANAMI. You know what really happened. They covered it up, they hid it from you, but you know they killed your father. They would have killed you too, but you ran. It pained you, you didn't want to leave your father's legacy, your inheritance, but they were stronger than you. More prepared.

Were.

You're not a child anymore. You've made friends, and allies. With them you can take back what is yours by birthright and restore IZANAMI to its proper state. Unfortunately, those friends and allies have enemies of their own. You have been targeted for elimination by Phallen along with the rest of the hacking community. No big.

As one of the nearly extinct Japanese you are protected by the Culture Preservation Act. Anyone who targets you with an ability will be roleblocked the next day.

You don't fear the IZANAMI geisha bots. You know how to deal with them. You are immune to the vote. However, the lost IZANAMI heir has difficulty hiding from those who want to find him. You cannot be guarded or busdriven.

OR

If you convince every player to not vote in a single day, you will regain control of IZANAMI and immediately win.

In The Veer
    You are No True Izanami. Your name is so damn cool you don't need to change it for the Veer. In fact, you are pretty damn cool. There's something very badass and sexy about being the target of a conspiracy and assassination attempts. In the safe havens of the Veer, places where you know you won't be discovered, you have...exploited that. But you can hardly be blamed if women like a man with a price on his head through no fault of his own.

Still though, you've come to enjoy attention and showboating. This strange virus seems like a great opportunity to do so.

Victory Condition: Be in second place for the vote four times and do not die.

The Psychopimp/Jezebelle Lila
    In The Real
    You are The Psychopimp, the primary purveyer of personalized prostitutes in the dirty underbelly of Mars. Your girls are exceptional, and you always manage to provide your client with the exact woman – or, to be fair, man – they could have desired. Word of mouth for you has been good, and business is not hurting – or at least it wasn't until people started trying to kill you because of your association with hackers.

You didn't intend to make an enemy of the Phallen Corporation, but it looks like they've decided to make an enemy out of you. Thankfully even if they don't want to be visited by your employees, you can ensure that they are – because your employees aren't real. Each of them is a carefully manufactured Persephone hallucination by you, and you intend to make sure they help you stay alive.

Each cycle, you may choose a player. You will send one of your prostitutes to them, occupying enough time that their action will be roleblocked. You're just that good.

In The Veer
    You are Jezebelle Lila, a stunningly beautiful woman who tonight, can be yours. Every day in the real world, you help people find satisfaction through false relations. It wears on you, and so in the Veer you seek relief through false relations. Some might judge you for it, but fuck them. You do what makes you feel happy.

The bizarre immortality in the Veer troubles you, however. If you could have another life as Jezebelle, even with this reputation, away from everything that stresses you on Mars...would you? It's a question you don't know the answer to yet, and your time to think on it is limited by the conflict shaking the Veer. You don't know what you want, but you don't want to be a casualty.

Each cycle, you may choose a player. You will spend the night with that player, keeping them safe on your private server from all hostile actions but also blocking them from taking any other actions.

Victory Condition: Use your ability on a majority of the winning Veer faction.

Maria Ghain/ghain207
    In The Real
    You are Maria Ghain, and you fear death. Your parents killed themselves. Your brother likely did the same. The terror of the idea that you might follow in their footsteps consumes you, and has driven you your entire life. Your sole goal has been to create immortality, and you have come up with...a facsimile. You can replicate someone's mind, and their patterns and intricacies and all that nonsense. Hopefully, it works.

At the beginning of the game, create a proboard (You may request the host's assistance with this if you are unfamiliar with proboard creation). You are allowed to have an anonymous identity on this board. On the first cycle, choose 4 players. When and if one of those players dies in both the Real and the Veer, they will be given access to your board, where you will be able to speak freely with them.
    Each cycle, you may give voice to one of the dead players on your board. Pick one of them to make a vote. This vote will be counted in the final tally.

In The Veer
    You are ghain207. You don't really like using the Veer. It strikes you as juvenile and escapist. But you feel like you should go out and meet a bunch of people, with how much the news has focused on it lately.

Victory Condition: Post on every proboard made for the purpose of facilitating Veer communication. You do not need to post on proboards whose players have all died.

Izrail Poe/big bounce
    In The Real
    You are Izrail Poe, a police officer of New Pyongyang working the tough beats on the tougher streets. Alright, that's a lie, but you like the way it sounds. There's a lot of cybercrime in the area and cybercriminals aren't very difficult to arrest, because they are typically very small people. Many of them, it turns out, are also very willing to work with you. You're not going to say you've been bribed or anything, but some people who are appreciative of the work you do in the area have given you small gifts when you were off-duty. Not bribes. Unfortunately Phallen seems to have misinterpreted these gestures, and you don't really think that going through official channels to clear this up is a super wise idea. You'll have to get out of this one the best way you can.

As a police officer, you're tapped in to the surveillance network around the city. Each cycle, target a player. You will see who, if anyone, that player targets.

In The Veer
    You are big bounce, and in the Veer you make music. Anyone can come see it, and you mean that literally. Colour and image explode in their vision, words are delivered directly to their brains, and tactile sensation presses into their nerves. This experience is only possible in the Veer, and only because you are willing to challenge what art and music can be in this space of infinite possibility. Your unorthodox methods have made you allies, but you have also clashed with those of lesser imagination.

Though you spend much of your time thinking about art, you ensure that in an emergency you can aid your allies. Each cycle, you may target a player. If the And All Of Us vig does not submit a kill order or is roleblocked, you will kill that target.

Professor Nubris Osiron/Captatio
    In The Real
    You are Professor Nubris Osiron, a history professor specializing in Japanese history circa 2050-2080, specifically in the cultural re-acceptance of technology following the Artificial War. It's really fascinating stuff, to be honest...but right now you don't really have the time to teach. You have sought to stay abreast of technology, knowing that your historical expertise could provide insight to dangerous advances in robotics, but this association with hackers and gamers has apparently put you on some kind of hit list. This is most undesirable.

Your home is large enough that you can shelter someone who needs to hide. Each cycle, you may target a player. You will guard that player from attacks.

In The Veer
    You are Captatio, an archivist in the Veer. Your degree and background make you somewhat more qualified than others to perform this duty. History must be recorded, lest man repeat it, particularly in an environment as potentially dangerous as the Veer. Oh yes, it has unchecked potential – but the risk of that is its unchecked potential. Though wary you will look after and guide the Veer to a bright future for man, and have found others willing to do the same. You have also, unfortunately, found those who are willing to damage it.

Your wariness about the lawlessness of the Veer has lead to you adapting a number of security protocols. You will know if any And All Of Us powers are used on any member of White Night, though not on who.

Scratch/anarchanist
    In The Real
    You are Scratch, a drifter, a cheat, and a gamblin' man. Well, or woman. You keep your hair cropped tight and your features androgynous, and you just smirk when someone awkwardly asks. It's not important to what you do, and what you do is con. Sometimes you'll run the classics, shifting cards in alleyways. Other times you'll help someone install a few keyloggers onto their account. You like to keep things diverse. At the end of the day though you come home, log on, and get to work. There's a world that needs changing, and you're responsible for some of the change. The Phallen scandal would not have broken without your help. Unfortunately, it looks like a price may be paid for that.

The IZANAMI democratic assassinations have you more than a little concerned. Each cycle you will try and break in to adjust some figures to help you out. The host will flip a coin. If you call it correctly, your vote will be worth 2. If you don't call it correctly, your vote will be worth 0.

In The Veer
    You are anarchanist, a hacker who got their start way east in Landing. You've worked your way west over the years, sliding in and out of more organized groups wherever your whims take you. Staying in place for too long doesn't suit you, but your current group has seemed pretty cool. Having broken what you did, you have to admit that right now you're scared. Once the heat from this dies down, you want to really travel far. Maybe off-planet. Right now though, might as well keep on going.

Faction seer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kisin Yum Kimil/Trickster Spirit
    In The Real
    You are Kisin Yum Kimil, a street rat. There are aspects about that that are more accurate that you'd like them to be – when you were young your parents got on the splice train and put some rat DNA in you shortly after you were born. Naturally that shit all turned out to be a scam and it hasn't caused you anything but health issues. Thanks, Obama (Frederik Obama, of course, being the primary tv spokesman for gene splicing back then). Health bills keep you too poor to get out of the slums, so you've put your knowledge of the area to use by being a hitman. Unfortunately someone seems to feel you're a threat, and you don't feel any safer than the rest of the slums.

You have a gun. It shoots bullets. Starting with cycle two, each cycle you may target a player. You will attempt to kill that player that night. Due to the heat of what's going on, you're going to probably refrain from doing this on consecutive days. You could go so far as to say that you only plan on doing it on even days.

In The Veer
    You are Trickster Spirit, a name you chose long ago for reasons that you can't fully remember. You like the Veer. It's pretty cool. It's somewhere you can relax and get away from all the shit you have to deal with every day. What you don't like is the fucking mess that begun in the Veer. You don't want to deal with dramatic clashes and disconnects and arguments about the morality of a second life. That's fuckin' bullshit. This is a recreational tool and you are going to use it as such and everyone else should just leave you the fuck alone.

Thankfully, you have tools to assist in that. Some casual shield code, very simple stuff, but effective. Each cycle target a player. That player cannot use any harmful actions on you for the next two cycles.

Victory Condition: Survive until the end of the game.

Shahnaz Zohhak/big rip
    In The Real
    You are Shahnaz Zohhak, a newcomer to New Pyongyang. You've still got a thick Earth accent and everyone can place you as a foreigner, but you've wasted no time in settling in and getting people comfortable with you. You're a friendly guy! And as long as no one asks you about your past, you have no reason to dislike anyone. Well, except the people who apparently feel that you should be killed for your association with individuals suspected of being a part of hacker groups. You may have to deal with those.

You have not forgotten the skills you employed in your work on Earth. Starting with cycle one, each cycle you may target a player. You will attempt to kill that player that night. Though necessary, the fact that you have to come back to this just to survive drains you. The cycle after you attempt to kill someone you will spend drinking and cannot take any actions.

In The Veer
    You are big rip, and you are a big fan of the Veer. It seems natural, given that you enjoy hallucinating. Losing control of what you can see and letting raw visual input take over is intoxicating in a way that you find difficult to put into words. Some judge you for this. Fuck them. Some people get you. Those guys are alright. You like them.

Your past work required you to be very paranoid about who was watching you, and you put your tools to work now. You will know if any White Night powers are used on any of And All Of Us, though not on who.

Erebusa Sorayama/Acies
    In The Real
    You are Erebusa Sorayama, Director of Crisis Management for the Phallen Corporation. The crisis is as follows: Hackers have run rampant throughout your databases and exposed sensitive information. Their identities are well-hidden and may be impossible to directly discern, though you have created a shortlist of probable individuals. After a week of deliberation you decided that the best way to handle the circumstances was the same way you dealt with the spec leak of the neural implants two years back: murder. You enjoy your work very much.

As one of the nearly extinct Japanese you are protected by the Culture Preservation Act. Anyone who targets you with an ability will be roleblocked the next day.

You are employed by the Phallen Corporation and must eliminate the dregs of society who harbour the hackers. Each night you and your fellow employees will put in an order for a group kill. This kill is not tied to a player and thus will not be affected by abilities such as roleblocks, but there must be more than one member of the group alive to use it. In addition the group may use one other ability. Each employee has a different ability. This ability is tied to that player and can be roleblocked, and the group will lose access to it if they die.

Your ability is as follows: You have jailbroken your company phone for nefarious purposes. Each cycle you may phone a player and broadcast a specific tone to them. This tone will cause them to become suicidally depressed and attempt to kill themselves that cycle. Any guards will be able to prevent the suicide, but because of the protection on your phone it will be impossible to trace this call to you, nor will you appear to have taken a suspicious action.

Orders may be organized in a thread in the proboard, or sent in PM to the host. If orders are sent in PM they will take priority unless a follow-up PM is sent to cancel them.

Your fellow mafia members are Langly, SLyM, vagrant_winds, and stever777.

Victory Condition: Kill a sufficient number of players that victory is impossible for any opposing factions. You may achieve this victory posthumously.

In The Veer
    You are Acies. What your company has accomplished in making the Veer fills you with pride. The Veer is not just the greatest virtual interface ever made, but the future of mankind. You encouraged the growth of brilliant projects, supporting servers with great libraries and theaters with the highest cinema achievements. This philanthropy brought you together with similar, like-minded people, who you are now proud to call your friends.

It has also brought you enemies.

Due to your many responsibilities in the real world you have attempted to primarily help out the White Nights in the background, taking care of simple tasks that must be done but which the leaders do not necessarily have time for. If no one else will get a job done, you will ensure that it does. Each cycle, you may target a player. If the White Night vig does not submit a kill order or is roleblocked, you will kill that target.

La Ghede/big freeze
    In The Real
    You are La Ghede, a former mercenary who has found “gainful employment” in “security” for the Phallen Corporation. You help “take care” of “problems”, typically through the use of “explosives”. You are one of the specialists organized to handle the hacker problem that has tanked your company's stock to record numbers. Seeing the words “Collateral damage has been authorized” on the papers when they came in was like an early birthday present. Though a certain amount of subtlety beyond your typical approach will be required, you'll still get to play with some high-tech toys and really what more can you ask for in your 9-5?

You are employed by the Phallen Corporation and must eliminate the dregs of society who harbour the hackers. Each night you and your fellow employees will put in an order for a group kill. This kill is not tied to a player and thus will not be affected by abilities such as roleblocks, but there must be more than one member of the group alive to use it. In addition the group may use one other ability. Each employee has a different ability. This ability is tied to that player and can be roleblocked, and the group will lose access to it if they die.

Your ability is as follows: Your mercenary contacts have provided you with some advanced drone technology. Each cycle you may choose a player to paint a target on. On any cycle (including the one you paint the target during) you may choose to kill all painted targets. Activating painted targets does not count as the Phallen Corporation's secondary action for that day. A guard can block the painting of a target, but not the subsequent kill order.

Orders may be organized in a thread in the proboard, or sent in PM to the host. If orders are sent in PM they will take priority unless a follow-up PM is sent to cancel them.

Your fellow mafia members are Langly, M.D., SLyM, and stever777.

Victory Condition: Kill a sufficient number of players that victory is impossible for any opposing factions. You may achieve this victory posthumously.

In The Veer
    You are big crunch. You lost your virginity in the Veer, in a passionate embrace where every motion caused explosions of colour, music, and beauty. Though you never met that stranger again the moment will be eternally remembered. Such raw and uncensored creativity was the purest expression of mankind and art, and was only possible in the Veer. You actively sought out experiences that could arose such incredible emotions from you, and in doing so met people who felt the same as you. Of course, you also met those who disagreed with your views.

Working with mercenaries has exposed you to a wealth of different Veer hacks. One you've put to great use in the past for chaotic purposes is a simple redirect hack, and you intend to put it to use in service against White Night. Each cycle, you may choose two players. Every ability used on the first player will be used on the second instead, and vice versa. However, the imperfect nature of the code means that if it interacts with another instance of itself, it will target the players who have used it instead.

Jake Friday/Phalanx
    In The Real
    You are Jake Friday, a former bodyguard for the Phallen Corporation. An unfortunate shot shattered your kneecap and despite the prosthetic and physiotherapy you could not quite make the rigorous standards for Phallen CEO bodyguards. Due to your deep entrenchment within the company and the secrets you'd seen, they chose to keep you on in a smaller capacity, working in the more general avenues of security. Your expertise has led to you being handpicked for the team sent to deal with the recent digital breach.

Your ability is as follows: Thanks to your time spent employed as a bodyguard to the CEOs of Phallen Co., you have become fairly adept at taking bullets for others. Mercifully, you have also reinforced much of your chest so doing so does not harm you. Each cycle you may target a player. You will guard that player from all harmful actions. If you are the only surviving member of the Phallen Corporation, this ability will be replaced with a standard kill. If this ability succcessfully blocks a kill action, the Phallen Corporation may use an additional personal ability on the next day.

Your fellow mafia members are Langly, M.D., vagrant_winds, and SLyM.

In The Veer
    You are Phalanx. You thought that the Veer was a cute conceit, but didn't really see what it offered over a basic internet. Then you shared drinks with the most accurate replication of Albert Einstein ever programmed. You could travel anywhere, dine with anyone – as long as someone had taken the time to accurately replicate it. It was incredible. You passionately supported such works, and in doing so found like-minded people to work with. Of course, you also found enemies.

Your dedication to order in the Veer has lead to you searching out means of keeping things ordered. To that end you tracked down a tool that, with a bit of reverse engineering, will enable you to keep tabs on the strange .phalla virus disconnecting people from the Veer. Each night you receive an accurate count of the number of votes on the winning player.

Orbit Nine/Malice Gutterspike
    In The Real
    You are Orbit Nine, a programmer for the Phallen Corporation. This in itself is nothing special – you know you are one of thousands of cogs working tirelessly to keep the Veer running. What sets you apart is your deep involvement in the Persephone scandal. You handled much of the code that ensures the nature of Persephone production is kept hidden, and without the breach elsewhere in the department no one would have seen your code as suspicious. Your capabilities were not unnoticed, and you were called upon by the corporation to work with the security team to handle the intrusion. You are their eyes in the Veer.

Your ability is as follows: Due to the backdoors built into the Veer network, it is possible for you to pull the plug on individuals should they prove problematic. Each cycle you may target a player. You will disconnect that player from the Veer, “killing” their avatar. Or perhaps, given the strange times we live in, outright killing them. If you are the only surviving member of the Phallen Corporation, this ability will be replaced with a standard kill.

Your fellow mafia members are SLyM, M.D., vagrant_winds, and stever777.

In The Veer
    You are Malice Gutterspike, an undead rogue in Warcraft 6. Gaming is your passion, and no game is bigger than this. It's everything to you, and your Veer avatar plainly represents that. You don't like to brag, but you're probably one of the best Warcraft players ever. There's a dark thrill in stepping into Malice's body now, knowing that you could actually knock someone off the Veer forever. You have to get stronger. You have to be recognized as the best.

You are at level 100. By taking specific actions, you will gain experience and level higher, unlocking more abilities. You know for certain that using your ability on a player that dies from a source other than the vote will count as an assist, and provide experience for leveling. If there are other ways to level you do not yet know them.

Sap: Each cycle you may target a player. You will incapacitate that player and stop them from performing any actions that cycle.
    Vanish: Unlocked at level 200. You guard yourself from attacks tonight. This ability has a cooldown and cannot be used two days in a row.
    Preparation: Unlocked at level 300. Your actions are due at 8:05 PM PST. At 8:00 PM PST you will be informed if you are being targeted by any attacks tonight.

Elena Ankou/nyannyannyan:3
    In The Real
    You are Elena Ankou, a murderer on call for the Phallen Corporation. The rest of the team is not quite comfortable around you. It could be the heavy mechanical modifications to your body. It could be your intense personality. It could be that the only reason you weren't shipped to a prison colony for life is a favour called in by the CEO, and no one knows the terms with which you work. Let them be nervous, then. It's exciting. Even the leader of the security team sent to deal with their recent breach has difficulty looking you in the eyes.

Your ability is as follows: Your tech boys have whipped up a nasty little nanomachine formula that only you can handle safely. Every cycle you may choose a player. A casual brush against that player in the street will leave them with your aggressive nanomachines. If that player targets another player with an ability that night, the nanomachines will be transferred to the second player and kill them. Otherwise they will kill your initial target. Due to the unique nature of the small devices, it may appear as though you targeted the second player as well. You cannot be killed by your own nanomachines.

Your fellow mafia members are Langly, M.D., vagrant_winds, and stever777.

In The Veer
    You are nyannyanyan:3. When you're on the Veer, you want to relax. You want to catch some freedom from the insanity and stress of the real world. What better way to do that than playing with cats? You spend much of your free time on servers with digital, affectionate cats. Kissy faces, baby talk and more all make your typical evening. You just love cats so fucking much. C'mon everyone. Talk about cats.

Victory Condition: Convince every living player to post a picture of a cat on a single day.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Cassandra Ferriman/zero
    In The Real
    You are Cassandra Ferriman. You do not exist. You are a mass hallucination brought about by the trace amounts of the drug Persephone polluting everyone who has interfaced with the Veer. You have no history, no family, but everyone imagines you do, for no one could spring from nothing. You are a husk, ridden by a tumor.

Votes against you count for 0. You cannot be targeted by abilities. You die if your Veer role is killed. Each cycle, you may target a player. You will spend time with them. For most players, this will have no effect, save perhaps leaving them confused about what the PM they received means. If your target has recently consumed large amounts of Persephone it will be easy to convince them that you and everything you do is real, and you will kill them.

Victory Condition: Achieve your Veer victory condition.

In The Veer
    You are 0000000000000000000000000000000000null error

rolepm.exe has performed a fatal function and must shut down

reboot in safe mode: (Y/N)

You are zero. You are void, absence, and entropy. You are the tumor on the Veer, the hungering maw into which everything must fall. You are not a man but a force of nature, a black hole, the raw absence of data. Your touch is absolute deletion. The concerns of those in the Veer, the panic or hope they feel at the new life they could live, is meaningless to you. It is not a thought that even enters your mind – for there is no mind. There is 0. Off. Null.

One.

Becomes.

Zero.

Each cycle, you may target a player. You kill them. The first time you are killed Cassandra Ferriman will die instead. This includes the vote.

Victory Condition: Delete everyone.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lucedes wrote: »

my targets:
    grudge inducing(jdark), redirected to REG (Assuran), roleblocked to test Smoove and M.D.'s powers (Capfalcon), forgot to change to Lucedes and thus let more people win (Kime), and teaming up to fight a common enemy (SLyM).

• Options
    You have 4 scan processes that you can run. To use these processes, target a player and either their power, victory condition, or faction. That cycle you will learn what their power, victory condition, or faction is. You may use any number of your processes at once but only have 4 for the duration of the game.

See this Saber?!

Had you just ASKED me about what I could do for you (and about the faction swapping knowledge), I could have gotten you your win condition so much sooner.