Options

The Secret Huntress Fan Club! (DC Comics: The New 52)

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Okay first, I like the new Captain Marv....I mean Shazam costume. Also Shazam is a stupid name to have and will help to ensure the guy doesn't take off so good. Seriously it sounds so freaking 40's.

Have him be Captain Marvel or just call him something else that sounds better.

Third, yeah okay what the hell is up with that face....that's a murder face if ever saw one. If this guy came to rescue me I'd be afraid he was going to rip my stomach open and start to feast on my intestine.

• Options
    JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Lux wrote: »
    Gary Frank is a much better artist than that.

Did anyone post the Catwoman cover? That kind of thing can't possibly even be attractive cheesecake anymore, it looks like a tongue-in-cheek ironic cover.
    CTW_Cv0_PREVIEWS.jpg

Makes my spine hurt.

EDIT: Something about the Birds of Prey cover creeps me out, too, but I can't tell what it is. Maybe Black Canary's face? I actually really like that art, but something seems off.
    BOP_Cv0_PREVIEWS.jpg

Jaythreef on
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Okay first, I like the new Captain Marv....I mean Shazam costume. Also Shazam is a stupid name to have and will help to ensure the guy doesn't take off so good. Seriously it sounds so freaking 40's.

Have him be Captain Marvel or just call him something else that sounds better.

Third, yeah okay what the hell is up with that face....that's a murder face if ever saw one. If this guy came to rescue me I'd be afraid he was going to rip my stomach open and start to feast on my intestine.

2011-12-30.jpg

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Hear me out.... What if they just callled him Mr Marvel

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    lol Batman is coming to smallville verse with a weird ass costume
    Smallville_05.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »
    That's an even goofier name than Shazam!

Honestly

ditch the Marvel

Marvel is a name brand at this point, even with the average person. Having a DC dude named MARVEL is just gonna get confusing especially since Marvel itself also has a Captain Marvel.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Should've found a way to work Cat's vag into the picture as well, gone for the trifecta

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Man, I am so sad they cancelled Captain Atom

it was really cool and I was enjoying it a lot

this fucking sucks

• Options
    Same, Solar. Same.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Look on the bright side, you know how Jim Lee got Wildstorm at DC due to him being there?

With Liefield working so much at DC maybe he'll sell his stuff to DC too!

There you go, all cheered up.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    voodoo nooooooooooo

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Like, Captain Atom was the DC book I actually looked forward too the most each month

it is exactly the kind of thing I love to read about with regards to superheroes

and now it is cancelled

*sob*

• Options
    smallville batman is effin hilariously goofy lookin'

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    There's a Smallville comic? Why?

And is that girl Nightwing?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Not only is there a Smallville comic but it's written by the guy who was writing my favorite DC book before the reboot and now I wanna cry because even I can't bring myself to buy a 99 cent Smallville comic.

Stupid DC, why you gotta be so stupid.

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Honestly

ditch the Marvel

Marvel is a name brand at this point, even with the average person. Having a DC dude named MARVEL is just gonna get confusing especially since Marvel itself also has a Captain Marvel.

One of the first comics I read as a kid was a 90's Superman issue that featured a Captain Marvel team-up, and I thought it was a Marvel Comics crossover.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    New Rose & Thorn in National Comics:

NATC_ROSE_THORN.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Maximum wrote: »

Not only is there a Smallville comic but it's written by the guy who was writing my favorite DC book before the reboot and now I wanna cry because even I can't bring myself to buy a 99 cent Smallville comic.

Stupid DC, why you gotta be so stupid.

Smallville isn't all bad. It has a decent mythology (with many crappy things in it). All it needs is a good writer to expand the universe and create good stories.

Werewolf:

That looks great.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Werewolf:

That looks great.

Yeah, I thought so. Also liked the cover for the next issue of the Phantom Lady mini:

PH_LADY_Cv2_R1.jpg

Also of interest in the extended solicitations: "Art of Amanda Conner" hardcover collecting a bunch of her DC stories, and one of those $150 1000+ page monsters collecting the "52" series. (The year-long one by Morrision et al).

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    bring back angel and the ape!

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    So, my guess is we're looking at the new version of The Tattooed Man?

This is what I thought as well. It seems like something Geoff Johns would do; bring back what was essentially a throw away character he created a long ass time ago, and who was only ever used in Final Crisis afterward.

Also, Rocafort is the best at art, and I liked Lobdell's Superboy.

I am... torn.

Beyond that, I'm super fucking bummed out that Jurgens and Giffen are off the book already. I read an interview with either them or the Superbook editor that said they had planned a full two year run. :(
    Their Hellspont issues sucked, but I'm sure that was entirely on the powers that be. Issue 9 was the first real breath of life for the book, and now we're losing two great creators before they even get a chance.

Also, this will be the first time these two particular creators don't have ongoing work at DC in ages.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

Honestly

ditch the Marvel

That's just... ridiculous. Captain Marvel was the original, and was created in 1939. Letting Marvel have that name, when all they did was copy it, would be like giving a pryomaniac a book of matches for Christmas. Seriously, I don't want to reward someone for ripping something off, then suing to keep their name, and having a judge so hilariously ill-informed on "funny-books," that the judgment wouldn't allow the original to have his own name on a cover.

And just calling him Shazam is stupid.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Also of interest in the extended solicitations: "Art of Amanda Conner" hardcover collecting a bunch of her DC stories, and one of those $150 1000+ page monsters collecting the "52" series. (The year-long one by Morrision et al).

Oh, hey, cool!

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    So, my guess is we're looking at the new version of The Tattooed Man?

This is what I thought as well. It seems like something Geoff Johns would do; bring back what was essentially a throw away character he created a long ass time ago, and who was only ever used in Final Crisis afterward.

/snip for emphasis

Wait, I'm maybe misreading what you're saying here, but Johns didn't create the Tattooed Man. That's a GL foe from like waaaayyyyy back in the Silver Age.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Johns created a new, crappy Tattooed Man.

Munch on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    Johns created a new, crappy Tattooed Man.

Yeah.

He was in two fillery issues way early on in Johns's GL run, and then he popped up briefly in Final Crisis and was the subject of one of the Aftermath minis.

He was a black ex-marine who had been lost in combat, and returned with mystical tattoo powers from some generic DC stand-in nation. His thing was redemption. He killed bad people and the mystical element of his powers led him to believe that he would absorb their sins through his tattoos, somehow redeeming them. Then later on he became a good guy, anti-hero, and badguy over and over and over again.

• Options
    The thing that drove me bug-nuts about the new Tattooed Man, was that the old Tattooed Man, who died to make way for Johns', was already a semi-reformed villain. So all that redemption stuff would have worked so much better with him, rather than the psychopathic murderer.

Also, Rob Liefeld, how can you be so bad at drawing guns?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh dammit Rob, you can't even give him the awesome knuckle guns to help yourself out?

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    That is not a gun. It is a slab of metal stuck directly at right angles to the viewing plane goddamn DC how can you let that go out on a cover.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Also that "sword" on his back appears to be literally jutting from out of his body

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    goddamn dc
    goddamn

burn this shit to the ground
    fire everybody but morrison, manhke and giffen and... snyder? I don't know, i'm too disgusted to know who else grovels and or wallows there

what dreck

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Honestly

ditch the Marvel

That's just... ridiculous. Captain Marvel was the original, and was created in 1939. Letting Marvel have that name, when all they did was copy it, would be like giving a pryomaniac a book of matches for Christmas. Seriously, I don't want to reward someone for ripping something off, then suing to keep their name, and having a judge so hilariously ill-informed on "funny-books," that the judgment wouldn't allow the original to have his own name on a cover.

And just calling him Shazam is stupid.
    It doesn't matter what you think is ridiculous, Marvel owns the name Captain Marvel when it comes to titling or advertising anything.

So Captain Marvel cannot be in any book or movie or show called Captain Marvel and cannot be referred to as Captain Marvel in any advertisment for his products.

Changing the name is a no-brainer.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    goddamn dc
    goddamn

burn this shit to the ground
    fire everybody but morrison, manhke and giffen and... snyder? I don't know, i'm too disgusted to know who else grovels and or wallows there

what dreck

In fairness to DC, I feel like they're making the right moves, and trying to gett their house in order.

We've got new concepts like Talon, who's getting his own book, as well as stuff like DC Comics Presents or Weird Worlds, which were used to showcase new characters and concepts.

We've got revamps of old characters and concepts, like Amethyst, Doll Man, Phantom Lady, Team 7, and all the National Comics revivals.

There seems to be a greater effort to make books woman-friendly, like putting Star Sapphire in a costume that's not 90% skin, giving Power Girl a sensible origin and costume, and hiring writers like Ann Nocenti and Christy Marx.

They're bringing in guys from indie comics too, like Matt Kindt, Justin Jordan, and Tom Taylor.

I mean, their relaunch was still incredibly ill-planned and executed, and they have a long way to go, when it comes to getting me interested in their universe. But, I feel like they're making some progress.

I'm actually planning to try a couple of books from this round of solicitations, so that's something.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The thing that drove me bug-nuts about the new Tattooed Man, was that the old Tattooed Man, who died to make way for Johns', was already a semi-reformed villain. So all that redemption stuff would have worked so much better with him, rather than the psychopathic murderer.

Those feet.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    oh god

oh god why did ardian syaf and ed benes swap red lanterns and batgirl in september

oh god

I hope this isn't permanent

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    oh and did anyone else notice Tom DeFalco is writing Superboy?

...not sure what to think there.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    x
    The Ender wrote: »

Those feet.

... and muscles, hair, gear, stance, and ...

Jaythreef wrote: »
    EDIT: Something about the Birds of Prey cover creeps me out, too, but I can't tell what it is. Maybe Black Canary's face? I actually really like that art, but something seems off.
    BOP_Cv0_PREVIEWS.jpg
    The face doesn't look like it aligns with the skull.

Also the head is too small for the body. You know, that's a funny thing. So many actors have been used as models but the shitty artists forget that most actors are small and have relatively larger heads.

• Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I've really liked the preview art of all of Artgerm's covers for BoP. They're very pretty.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I've really liked the preview art of all of Artgerm's covers for BoP. They're very pretty.

He's also the one that did a bunch of Batgirl covers, right?

Dude is really talented.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I think so, yes.

In related news, I'm setting up One Year Later-Selina in Riverside in the Sims 3 with Helena. Who knows what might happen?

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.