As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    It's weird going from two Hardman books to zero.

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    It's weird going from two Hardman books to zero.

It looks like he's moving to do some more Planet of the Apes stuff , which I'm all for.

Hopefully he'll do some more Marvel work again soon.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Man I really liked Hardman's art, sad to see him go.

That said, I thought that page was a Raft inmate lashing out against that monk dude who pretended to be Wolverine, not Cage lashing out against Madison Jeffries. In retrospect it is really clear.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

That said, I thought that page was a Raft inmate lashing out against that monk dude who pretended to be Wolverine, not Cage lashing out against Madison Jeffries. In retrospect it is really clear.

Madison Jeffries?

• Options
    Wow. Mad Jeff got ripped (and turned Native American. :P).

It's like that last issue of Hulk. Dale Eaglesham is great, but he's not Hardman and it's distracting. Especially since Hardman and his colorist has a much more muted, matte palette than the Eaglesham crew.

• Options
    Man I dunno! Dude with stuff!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    YES! Joe Fixit is da bomb.

Noooooooooooo. Current Hulk makes Joe Fixit useless. The Professor is where it's at.

But I'm enjoying the current run of Hulk.

So do I, but I also like Joe Fixit.

Issue 4 of 5 of Hulk Smash Avengers ( The Smash Avengers series, is 100% stand alone one shot stories, not sure why they bothered with the whole of 5 thing) had a good new Fixit story, flashbacked into the Fixit era.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    The funniest thing? Magneto. Can he not see the Nazi's scott's x-men have become?

I just had to speak up to this one, because it's so far off base as to be almost offensive. Do you understand what the Nazi's were, what they stood for?

They subjugated and _murdered_ millions of people because they didn't fit some arbitrary ideal image of what people should be. Has Scott's rhetoric gotten heavy handed in the past couple years? Hell yes. But has he ever begun to approach Nazi-ish? Come on now.

Scott was willing to risk wiping the entire species off the planet via the phoenix because he 'believed' the phoenix was going to help mutants come back. Thats damn near genocide without even giving you a chance to fight back. if the avengers werent specifically on the lookout for the phoenix force they would have had no warning.

The X-Men have taken the Phoenix five times. Successfully.
    TexiKen wrote: »
    He knows more about the Phoenix than Cap does, that's for sure. Because it's been here before with no problems, and when it became a problem it was taken care of. It's like when Galactus shows up, if Reed says it's fine then I trust Reed.

Bingo.
    Hensler wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »

Madison Jeffries?

Warpath.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh hey that doesn't look bad at all

also holy shit the new Masters of Evil have a huge team

I'm bummed to see Constrictor look like Standard Sneering Badguy #4, now.

And apparently he's back to his old design, from before he lost his arms.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Assuming it's the same Constrictor.

Ever since Reborn, I haven't been able to stand Steve Rogers. This discussion now makes me certain that he is a self-righteous, meddling fool.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Well, Griffin's there in the back, looking very un-like the Griffin last seen in Herc, too.

And Remender doesn't strike me as a guy who really cares about maintaining consistency, when it comes to minor characters.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh hey that doesn't look bad at all

also holy shit the new Masters of Evil have a huge team

I'm bummed to see Constrictor look like Standard Sneering Badguy #4, now.

And apparently he's back to his old design, from before he lost his arms.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAN

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    prv12686_pg11.jpg

welp

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So is this event shaping up well enough that it would be worth picking up the hardcover collection? I'm considering it on Amazon.

• Options
    So is this event shaping up well enough that it would be worth picking up the hardcover collection? I'm considering it on Amazon.

The last two issues have been much more interesting, but I would still wait and see how it all plays out. Siege and Fear Itself both really blew it with their endings.

• Options
    Munch wrote: »
    Well, Griffin's there in the back, looking very un-like the Griffin last seen in Herc, too.

And Remender doesn't strike me as a guy who really cares about maintaining consistency, when it comes to minor characters.

Damn.

• Options
    VermisVermis Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Aaron off Incredible Hulk, and Hulk wasn't in the September solicits.

I don't think it's as much of a shakeup as people think.

It's like that last issue of Hulk. Dale Eaglesham is great, but he's not Hardman and it's distracting. Especially since Hardman and his colorist has a much more muted, matte palette than the Eaglesham crew.

Eaglesham Rulk looks like he's trying to swallow a brick, sideways...

Vermis on
    rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my god the idea of Parker forgetting to do solicit grunt work and making people think Hulk dropped off has me splitting my sides over here

Too good

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    You have still some sarcasm dripping off your chin.

• Options
    I wasn't being sarcastic I think it's adorable!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    cover to AvX #8, uh oh mr Namor
    1339793280.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hrm

that paired with Namor not being on the cover of Defenders in September while everyone else is makes me wonder if he bites it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Cyclops is the one biting it at the end of this.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Man I hope Namor does not hit the dust

Namor is the best

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    if Namor can't die from the irony of having fire powers, he can't die at all.

I would like his possessed version to just be a copy of Groot, where all he does is walk around saying "Imperius Rex," and maybe a tree sprouts up or he blows up a japanese whaling ship or something.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    this would be a pretty dumb event for Namor to bite it in I think

• Options
    edited June 2012
    They can't kill him. Disney only has twenty-two years left to wring out of him before he becomes public domain (Their next copyright extension bill, BTW, will almost be certainly the Captain American Protection Act).

Marvel's not killing, even temporarily, any Golden Age character.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hey look, another AvX cover with Captain America on fire. There has to be a flag burning joke here somewhere.

Hensler on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Something to drool over:
    I really wish they'd call Pepper Potts "Iron Maiden" instead of "Rescue".
    There's something feminist to be said about how creating female superheroes that are just lady versions of male superheroes is not good.

though she is still wearing an iron man suit, so I don't know how if a different name helps matters

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    I actually thought the lady versions were okay. Hulk and Tony in particular seem like they would fit.

• Options
    I actually thought the lady versions were okay. Hulk and Tony in particular seem like they would fit.

I probably shouldn't have quoted the picture. By "female superheroes that are just lady versions of male superheroes" I meant heroes like Supergirl, Batgirl, etcetera. Rescue is kind of like this compared to Iron Man, but kind of her own thing at the same time. Calling Iron Maiden would probable under mind what littler independence she has as a super heroine.

otherwise I'm always up for a good gender bending.

• Options
    Oooooh, okay. Yeah, generally it's tricky to take a female version of a male hero and make them their own. It's been done, though.

• Options
    Ms. Marvel is pretty much the only one I can think of.

• Options
    Wasn't there an iteration of Batgirl that everyone thought was awesome? I'm not an expert myself, so I can't say firsthand.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »

I probably shouldn't have quoted the picture. By "female superheroes that are just lady versions of male superheroes" I meant heroes like Supergirl, Batgirl, etcetera. Rescue is kind of like this compared to Iron Man, but kind of her own thing at the same time. Calling Iron Maiden would probable under mind what littler independence she has as a super heroine.

otherwise I'm always up for a good gender bending.

Popular superheroes tend to spawn lots of spin offs, both male or female. Iron Man has War Machine. Green Arrow has Red Arrow and Arrowette. Wolverine has X-23 and Daken. The DC Captain Marvel has a whole Marvel family.
    Matrias wrote: »
    Ms. Marvel is pretty much the only one I can think of.

What about Cassandra Cain, X-23, Jessica Drew, and She-Hulk?

• Options
    Wasn't there an iteration of Batgirl that everyone thought was awesome? I'm not an expert myself, so I can't say firsthand.

Barbara and Stephanie Brown.

X-23 and She-Hulk are pretty good, but Spider-Woman and Cassandra Cain not so much.

Spider-Girl is pretty great, though.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    She-Hulk is great

Steph is the best Batgirl by far

Babs should be Oracle. Petition to have DC break her spine again now!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    how about no

Babs has always been my favorite.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    how about no

Babs has always been my favorite.

How is that even possible? I don't think that character had a single memorable story before The Killing Joke.

• Options
    I know at this point it's old hat, but I really do think Simone is hitting it out of the park on Batgirl right now. Barbara in and of herself is a good enough character that it's worth supporting her series, even if we don't think of many stories of her as Batgirl before. That said, having Stephanie back would be pretty great as well, just not at the cost of Barbara.

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.