Options

[League of Legends] Hargaad has the new form! Painhouse is about to get majorly revamped!

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    The problem with Jungle Fizz is his cooldowns are pretty long, so you need a tanky AD runeset. At least, thats what I've done. You use your W(added damage to auto attacks? I think it's W) mostly for the clears, but you need a good first leash.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    IME Jungle Fizz clears slowly, ganks poorly, and does little damage because he's forced to go tanky ad

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Did something happen to the servers where the heck is everybody?

EDIT: Never mind wacky client bug..

Momori on
  • Options
    Painhouse tonight at 5 yes?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Painhouse tonight at 5 yes?

8 EST, which is presumably 5 for at least some of y'all, yeah. So far as I know we're attempting a do-over on that swap idea, but we'll see if schuss is around to clarify.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Apparently I am the only person logged into LoL?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Watoo24Watoo24 Registered User regular
    try relogging in. clients bugged.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Malphite can't EQ Irelia with impunity because she can bladesurge, stun(if he took her health lower than his, and get 2 or 3 true damage autos in easily. And she has sustain and he doesn't. Maybe a skill matchup, but most are.
    You're forgetting that Malphite's E nerfs her AS something fierce. By the time she has significant true damage enough to overcome that, Malphite should have Philo and Glacial if he went that route, or he should have lots of Mpen and be absolutely chunking her every time she tries to go in on him.

Malphite E-Qs, I attack minions for 4 seconds, then go on him for a stun true damage trade then back out. Did he run too far away to go harass him back? Then he misses CS and I don't, and I sustain back on the minions. Also, if he wants to get in minions and E he'll push the lane and I'll happily freeze it hard just outside my turret. Skill matchup for sure.

Irelia's W + E + a hit won't deal significant damage past malphite's shield. You will lose every trade with malphite. "I'll just let myself get to low health against this towerdiving monster so I can stun him" isn't a good idea.

Against an Irelia additionally, Malphite gets to level up his E first instead of Q. This lets him get to midgame in a much better teamfight position than if he had to level Q.

I've beaten Malphite into the dirt as Irelia, so it's clearly not as easy you think. =P Early in the game E alone will almost break his shield even with just one rank, and if you do it right after his brutal strikes wears off, he's stunned and eats some true damage hits, which ignore all that pretty armor. If he was maxxing E I'd just build some early armor to win trades even more. He has no potential to kill me, and I can out sustain his damage and farm all day. Plus, he'll get ganked because I will just freeze the lane easily after he pushes it with E.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    IME Jungle Fizz clears slowly, ganks poorly, and does little damage because he's forced to go tanky ad

He doesn't gank poorly, it just really requires his ult to do it. An ult up with fizz gank is pretty deadly. But, then you have some downtime unless you built a phage or something.

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Might as well jungle with Malzahar

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Cutfang wrote: »

This is going on my list of "Dumb things to try"

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Topia wrote: »

He doesn't gank poorly, it just really requires his ult to do it. An ult up with fizz gank is pretty deadly. But, then you have some downtime unless you built a phage or something.

Needs to hit six to gank while other junglers need 2 is having poor ganks yes. :p

• Options

Bagel I miss you : (

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Me too :D but I don't miss the ping. Hit 1948 ranked over here now, although it feels tenuous. Actually going 5/0/5 is probably solid evidence that I'm good where I am. And now to sleep.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    On my way back from downtown, start time 815 or so

• Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Just in case you people forgot, the Painhouses are tonight. I know we didn't have one last week due to splodey servers, but we're all here...wanting. Waiting.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    hmm i still see no one online despite restarting my client

• Options
    there we are

wow so blackthorn morgana's in game model is so cool it makes me want to puke

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

This is going on my list of "Dumb things to try"

Voidlings too strong

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    there we are

Yeah, it is pretty awesome. It pretty much is the best skin and every AP mid player should feel bad about not having it.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Unless of course you play Ahri, then you get to feel bad because dammit where are my skins?

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Alright, Malphite jungle is my new joint. Solid ganks even without ult due to the Q, amazing ganks with ult, surprisingly good damage output, hard as heck to kill. What more can I ask for? With a randuin's, E, and frozen heart, he's a rock of enemy AD carry misery. I hope that skin that the art leaked for gets released, mmmm.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Should I get Shyvana on sale? I've been looking for a more aggressive jungler (and I fail at Mundo somehow and I mostly play Amumu and Nautilus currently), but I do like CC a lot and she doesn't really have any. Of course, I probably should get Graves instead but FUCK GRAVES

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    eeSanG wrote: »
    there we are

Yeah, it is pretty awesome. It pretty much is the best skin and every AP mid player should feel bad about not having it.

I'd say the only excuse for not having it is never getting to play Morgana because she's always perma-banned.

I wish she'd get nerfed already so someone else could get banned in her slot.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Morgana isn't even that great a ban.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Caenem wrote: »
    So I'm going to take a complete gamble and guess that levelling Draven's spinning axe is poop, and you should really focus on the steroid and side push, right?

The thing is that his axe is a really good steroid for your auto-attack and you want to level it first

but

it's pretty common that you don't actually be wanting to catch it, which is where people slip up. They go "Oh I'm leveling his Q? And you can catch his Q? I guess I'd better catch it to maximize these points I put in it." It's fine as it is, without catching it. Catching is just a bonus you'll rarely have an opportunity for.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    zerg rush wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Malphite can't EQ Irelia with impunity because she can bladesurge, stun(if he took her health lower than his, and get 2 or 3 true damage autos in easily. And she has sustain and he doesn't. Maybe a skill matchup, but most are.
    You're forgetting that Malphite's E nerfs her AS something fierce. By the time she has significant true damage enough to overcome that, Malphite should have Philo and Glacial if he went that route, or he should have lots of Mpen and be absolutely chunking her every time she tries to go in on him.

Malphite E-Qs, I attack minions for 4 seconds, then go on him for a stun true damage trade then back out. Did he run too far away to go harass him back? Then he misses CS and I don't, and I sustain back on the minions. Also, if he wants to get in minions and E he'll push the lane and I'll happily freeze it hard just outside my turret. Skill matchup for sure.

Irelia's W + E + a hit won't deal significant damage past malphite's shield. You will lose every trade with malphite. "I'll just let myself get to low health against this towerdiving monster so I can stun him" isn't a good idea.

Against an Irelia additionally, Malphite gets to level up his E first instead of Q. This lets him get to midgame in a much better teamfight position than if he had to level Q.

I've beaten Malphite into the dirt as Irelia, so it's clearly not as easy you think. =P Early in the game E alone will almost break his shield even with just one rank, and if you do it right after his brutal strikes wears off, he's stunned and eats some true damage hits, which ignore all that pretty armor. If he was maxxing E I'd just build some early armor to win trades even more. He has no potential to kill me, and I can out sustain his damage and farm all day. Plus, he'll get ganked because I will just freeze the lane easily after he pushes it with E.
    Build early armor to win trades? What? If he's maxing E or Q, all his damage is magic, you make no sense.

If he's pushing, also, you cannot both lifesteal back with autoattacks on creeps *and* freeze lane. It doesn't work like that.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I just remembered that I was supposed to post scoreboards from the painhouse

looks like no one else did either though..

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Oh my god, I just got completely shit on by Skarner while playing Amumu. How can that not happen...?

• Options
    i usually beat irelia as malphite or at least break even with her. she has no escapes so ganks will ruin her day

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Support/AP/Bank Plank too stronk.

9Y0xj.jpg

Haha. 715 cs vs. 536 cs. haha...too gud. Assuming all 3 lanes sucked at last hitting, that's still close to 60 cs difference in each lane! That's what...10 waves? close to? I mean, Anivia v Anivia was pretty close on cs, so it's even more embarrassing than that!
    GJ though, Skut. ^_^

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    This is totally a team composition : D
    hSHYL.png

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    This is totally a team composition : D
    hSHYL.png

I don't think that's bad at all. Fiora in a solo lane, put Brand or Pantheon in the other, matchup dependent. Taric makes everything a kill lane, and Annie has her shield and flamethrower. How'd it end up?

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    frosteey rune page

"fat"

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    frosteey rune page

"fat"

Fat + Annie = Alana

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh god it's her. I nearly died of laughter when I saw a gif of the mother a while ago.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    It was Fiora bottom with Taric it is a commendable lane : D
    WguWP.png

Akali disconnected for the last five or so minutes but it was potentially a ragequit so I think it still counts : (

Tibbers is a good jungler : (

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Well yeah. Its a jungle. Lions and tigers and bears.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Well yeah. Its a jungle. Lions and tigers and bears.

ba dum tsh

This discussion has been closed.