As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mixed Martial Media: The Assassination Of UFC 151 By The Coward Jon Jones

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular

To be fair it was Chael who believed in Bigfoot while Rogan did not

but yes

it was hilarious

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I know he got beaten pretty badly last time out, but I still believe in him!
    Silva.jpg

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wan5zbs5Taw

Hm. Yeah. It really is difficult to discredit Anderson.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I kind of want to see Sonnen/Evans at MW.

Just sounds like fun for some reason.

Alternatively: Weidman/Evans for the next MW title shot, Sonnen/Belfort, Boetsch/Belcher, Lombard/Wandy. Bisping and Stann are already fighting.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    So Invicta Fights this Saturday

who is excite

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Bummed, sounds like Jeff Curran broke his hands so the seminar we were hosting this weekend on cancelled. On the bright side got another stripe on the belt. Time to start looking at what's on the blue belt test.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    Bummed, sounds like Jeff Curran broke his hands so the seminar we were hosting this weekend on cancelled. On the bright side got another stripe on the belt. Time to start looking at what's on the blue belt test.
    Maybe the MMA themed shirt at http://www.bjjhq.com/ would cheer you up.

• Options
    B:L wrote: »

Haha actually it kinda did, I went ahead and ordered one of those, I got a kick out of that. I really don't know what I did before BJJ, I love my gym, some really great people.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

• Options
    My 'Just pull guard" t-shirt is gonna star my favorite though

• Options

10pytyr.jpg

?

My favorite is my TAP OUT CANCER shirt, because despite not really making any sense it's for a good cause.

Congrats on the stripe. Hope Curran heals up and reschedules a seminar with you guys.

• Options

10pytyr.jpg

?

My favorite is my TAP OUT CANCER shirt, because despite not really making any sense it's for a good cause.

Congrats on the stripe. Hope Curran heals up and reschedules a seminar with you guys.

Yeah that's the one, and yeah I really want to order one of those and a patch from the tap out cancer guys, I lost someone to cancer a long time ago, great cause. They're doing some great work. And thank ya Beel, yeah, we were hoping we could get Pat or Bart to come in but with them both training for upcoming fights it just wasn't do-able. I'm sure we'll see them soon, with any luck we'll reschedule for after Pat's fight and maybe he can stop in with Jeff.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Ah yes, you train at Karls right?

SUPER LATE REPLY POWER HOOOO!

Yes, yes I do, and most excellent training it is too.

• Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

I was just on the website (seems it's been updated), I am contemplating going soon. Which classes do you do? what are the facility's like? (its the one behind piccadilly I think?)

Did you do the beginners or just jump right in? I am fit but haven't trained in years, tempted to jump right into the basic level No Gi and MMA classes...

• Options

I have that one. Except is has NAGA branding on the back.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options

I was just on the website (seems it's been updated), I am contemplating going soon. Which classes do you do? what are the facility's like? (its the one behind piccadilly I think?)

Did you do the beginners or just jump right in? I am fit but haven't trained in years, tempted to jump right into the basic level No Gi and MMA classes...

I'm only doing the jits classes at the moment, started off with just beginners class (mainly a fitness issue), weighing up getting punched in the face at some point (been saying that a while, hah!). They're recently made the rules about classes a little more stringent. But for bjj if you can show that you know the basics; guard, good posture, top control etc; then you'll be fine for the advanced classes. You'll need to get a nod from the wrestling, kickboxing and bjj coaches to get onto the full MMA class. Though if you've trained before I'm sure you'll get that in short order.

The place is tucked under Picadilly yeah, makes access really easy. Facility-wise they've got a fully matted area, a cage and a weights area, no showers though... It's not the biggest, but Karl's making sure to keep the class size manageable in the space we've got. He's mentioned a few times that he might have to start turning people away soon, so I'd at least get in contact with him even if you don't end up following through.

I've not go anything to compare to, but the training seems top notch. The jits guys regularly bring back silverware and in mma the guys have won 8/9 of the last fights. The three most recent ones were on the same night and they all finished in under a minute, total. AJ knocked some poor dude out in 4 seconds!

I'll keep an eye out for a fellow pasty nerd (YAY STEREOTYPES). Just don't let on to anyone here how bad I am at jits <_<

• Options

I'm only doing the jits classes at the moment, started off with just beginners class (mainly a fitness issue), weighing up getting punched in the face at some point (been saying that a while, hah!). They're recently made the rules about classes a little more stringent. But for bjj if you can show that you know the basics; guard, good posture, top control etc; then you'll be fine for the advanced classes. You'll need to get a nod from the wrestling, kickboxing and bjj coaches to get onto the full MMA class. Though if you've trained before I'm sure you'll get that in short order.

The place is tucked under Picadilly yeah, makes access really easy. Facility-wise they've got a fully matted area, a cage and a weights area, no showers though... It's not the biggest, but Karl's making sure to keep the class size manageable in the space we've got. He's mentioned a few times that he might have to start turning people away soon, so I'd at least get in contact with him even if you don't end up following through.

I've not go anything to compare to, but the training seems top notch. The jits guys regularly bring back silverware and in mma the guys have won 8/9 of the last fights. The three most recent ones were on the same night and they all finished in under a minute, total. AJ knocked some poor dude out in 4 seconds!

I'll keep an eye out for a fellow pasty nerd (YAY STEREOTYPES). Just don't let on to anyone here how bad I am at jits <_<

Edit: Oh yeah, we do a free 2 (I think...) week trial of the beginner classes. So no excuse to try out!

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular

Wow, this video is amazing. Where is that music from?

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Dangerbird wrote: »

Wow, this video is amazing. Where is that music from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8

used in a million youtube videos

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options

Cool thanks, I will PM you when I decide when I can fit it in etc... might just do the BJJ to start off.

No showers is a bit of an issue to be fair, I know some places don't, I don't mind as my flat is 5 minutes away but that's a staph infection waiting to happen (unless he hoses the place down every night).

• Options

Cool thanks, I will PM you when I decide when I can fit it in etc... might just do the BJJ to start off.

No showers is a bit of an issue to be fair, I know some places don't, I don't mind as my flat is 5 minutes away but that's a staph infection waiting to happen (unless he hoses the place down every night).

The mats are cleaned everyday, and there is a policy of clean gear (or you're off the mat), so hopefully that can waylay your (legitimate) fear about infections.

• Options

The mats are cleaned everyday, and there is a policy of clean gear (or you're off the mat), so hopefully that can waylay your (legitimate) fear about infections.

There's nothing worse then having someone come in with a stank gi and getting stink beasted. Well, almost nothing. We had a real big guy go N/S on a much smaller guard player and he had a HUGE brown skidmark on his gi. Little guy spots it and just starts going nuts, it was the stuff of legends.

• Options

Yeah thats cool, as I get older I get twitchy about it and I have trained in some nasty places. My old gym some guy got Impetigo, one of the reasons I quit (found out they were not cleaning the mats as often as they should).

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

There's nothing worse then having someone come in with a stank gi and getting stink beasted. Well, almost nothing. We had a real big guy go N/S on a much smaller guard player and he had a HUGE brown skidmark on his gi. Little guy spots it and just starts going nuts, it was the stuff of legends.
    more like HOT Karl's

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

more like HOT Karl's

oTRw3.gif
    that reference flew right over my head

• Options
    I hate people who train no shirt or especially go to competitions no shirt. I don't know you, you disgusting freak. They make rash guards for a reason.

Here's some stuff:

Shogun goes skydiving: http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8603:watch-shogun-rua-hit-terminal-velocity-and-feel-completely-alive&catid=34:organizations

Great picture from Overeem's twitter:

Boetsch is confident he can submit Anderson Silva: http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/07/24/boetsch-believes-he-can-submit-anderson-silva-ufc-news-32700.html

Rory is going "hurt" BJ Penn when they fight: http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/07/24/rory-macdonald-says-he-will-hurt-bj-penn-32730.html

Chael continues to be the best troll ever:

Here's a video the Culinary Union put together to try and hurt Mandy Moore's image, but only because she enjoys the UFC. I love you, Mandy. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M35fHsC3e4A&amp;feature=player_embedded#

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    And...the official trailer for Bendo/Edgar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=ImGGEeCHfSs&NR=1

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    that is not hendo, that is bendo

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

I have that one. Except is has NAGA branding on the back.
    Except you paid like $30 for it. 8->

I hate people who train no shirt or especially go to competitions no shirt. I don't know you, you disgusting freak. They make rash guards for a reason.
    Who wouldn't want a face full of hairrow?

• Options
    paul harris, unable to find worthy sparring partners or anyone else with intact knee ligaments to roll with at his gym decides to practice leg locks alone
    on himself
    well now yushin okami needs a new opponent again

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    NAGA was such a mess, I don't think I'll ever compete at one of their tournaments after how poorly run the last one I was at was. They overbooked it horribly, the score keepers were eating lunch while scoring matches, the refs were over tired and not stepping in when people were tapping, I'll stick with IBJJF, US Grappling and C3.

• Options
    Is Palhares seriously out of that fight? I need another Palhares match, his ground game is just too cool.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msC30aBEOE8&amp;feature=plcp

So, Super Fight League is starting their own version of TUF.

oh god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8u0QOiRvLA

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    d-d-d-d-double post

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Is Palhares seriously out of that fight? I need another Palhares match, his ground game is just too cool.

It's cool until his stuff stops working and he mentally collapses into himself.

• Options
    Poor, poor Frank

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    This is the best thing I have ever read. Period.

Don Frye – The shorts. The moustache. The commentary. If Francis Scott Key, Betsy Ross, and George Patton had a three-way and the resulting zygote was carried to term by a Bald Eagle, that child would have tag-teamed with Don Frye and WWE would be awesomest thing on TV. Don Frye is so American, when he salutes an American flag, that flag grows hair on its chest. Jesus turned water to wine; Don Frye turns bottle rockets into roman candles. If a foam finger were produced that could do justice to the greatness of Don Frye (there hasn’t been), you would need steroids and weight training in order to hold it aloft properly. All hail the Predator (or move to Canada you fucking pussies)!

• Options
    I guess they are trying to prop SF up after all, after the criticism the last card got for having 0 media coverage.