Options

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    the answer is yes, kime

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    TRV, was your avatar always crying?

This stone representation of me did not always weep, no.
    Perhaps there is something to be gained in figvring out why?
    Most likely not.

Your stone was crying yesterday, though yeah?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    the answer is yes, kime
    So I've heard. But you'll forgive me if I go for a more official confirmation =D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    TRV, was your avatar always crying?

This stone representation of me did not always weep, no.
    Perhaps there is something to be gained in figvring out why?
    Most likely not.

Your stone was crying yesterday, though yeah?

Time flows differently for me than it does for yov. This game has been going on for months here. I believe sometime yesterday for yov, my visage changed. Most likely dvring my confrontation with my... estranged friend. I feel that only his death will bring me peace. Then may I rest.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    the answer is kime

FTFY

:D

• Options
    It's basically metagaming that ahava is not the kind of host who would screw us like that. Which I agree with.

It's not really metagaming if it's in the OP.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I do not vnderstand the continved dovbting of the narration.
    This particular game is what we lovingly call “vanilla. With a twist”. There will be your standard roles present in this game Seer, Guard, Vigilante, Mafia, Masons There may be one or two random other roles, but that I will keep a secret. There are no Thralls, Millers, Conversions, or other obnoxious roles present. Why not? Because I dislike playing in games with them present so I’m not going to run a game with them present.

Someone being able to change the narration to show someone as a different alignment would make that a thrall/miller, yes?
    Therefore, that is not a mechanic that would exist. If words can be inserted, that is one thing. People cannot change the color of another player on a whim.

BAAAAAAUGH
    -Not a vote-

• Options
    Oh wow more tears

Steam profile
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    REG Rysk.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Silly, zombies can't cry!

• Options
    @Lucedes
    Any reasoning behind yovr vote, or jvst a gvt instinct thing?

• Options
    I was gonna vote for someone else. But re-reading the thread Anialos seems way too overeager to find someone better to vote after his stupid Infidel vote.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I was gonna vote for someone else. But re-reading the thread Anialos seems way too overeager to find someone better to vote after his stupid Infidel vote.

I was wondering earlier if he'd hoped using his secret would result in something less pleasant than 'confirmed village' happening to kime...

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

I was wondering earlier if he'd hoped using his secret would result in something less pleasant than 'confirmed village' happening to kime...

Ahaha, you guys are funny. Yes, I was looking to change my joke vote. Why wouldn't I be?

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'

What makes you think this?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Retaba wrote: »
    I'

None of us had any idea what the secrets would do until someone pulled the trigger Day 1.

Day 1 trigger pulls were aimed at:
    Guy who also got mafia killed.
    Prominent player with a solid win-loss record.

Did he fear kime was mafia? Reasonable.
    Did he know kime was village and hope to impede us? Also reasonable.

spool32 on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    I'

None of us had any idea what the secrets would do until someone pulled the trigger Day 1.

Day 1 trigger pulls were aimed at:
    Guy who also got mafia killed.
    Prominent player with a solid win-loss record.

Did he fear kime was mafia? Reasonable.
    Did he know kime was village and hope to impede us? Also reasonable.

Did he see the person whose secret he had tied for the vote lead and decide to use it just in case that somehow effected it? A'yup.
    Did he pick Kime because he is either the best mafia to have dead/revealed, or the most charismatic/best nethead to have? A'yup.

• Options
    Charisma is my middle name.

Steam profile
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I thought it was Invincible?

• Options
    No, that's just what I am.

Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Where's my disagree button when I need it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Anialos is just adhering to rules 1 and 2 of the phalla. Always trust Kime and try to kill Kime day one.

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Anialos is just adhering to rules 1 and 2 of the phalla. Always trust Kime and try to kill Kime day one.

These are newbie rules :rotate:
    :twisted:

• Options
    We have rvles for this ancient game, even in my time.
    Witness.
    rules.png

• Options
    I thought I posted this, but maybe not. If you have a secret that would fit into "A Secret Agenda," let me know please. Even if you already told me once.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    So, don't we kill Infidel now?

My vote tonight goes on stever777 for this terrible Game Theory.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Not sure it is "terrible Game Theory" when Infidel himself said that is the way to learn if anything happened on day one.
    Infidel wrote: »
    Just for the record, Langly wasted someone else's power, which is the travesty. (And a little broken design, but still the result of villager lazyness.)

The whole "look at the tie" thing is silly, but doesn't look like anyone is caught pushing that. Oh well!

If you think there is shenanigans, you do it right and vote for me. If I come up mafia ever, then you follow up on the tie. Until then, there is nothing really interesting or rational about the two wagons.

And voting for me you probably want some reason to think I'm mafia other than "he voted for a villager" or "it's Infidel." I could at least somewhat accept "it's Infidel and it is now day 4" but we're not there yet are we. :P

Saying that anyone who starts a bandwagon on a villager is mafia is bad, but I hope stever didn't mean that.
    stever777 wrote: »
    Leading a BW on a villager.

oh :oops:

ObiFett on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Alegis wrote: »
    Given how clear narration is (and the no-thrall note) I'd imagine mafias is actually posing as kime supporters to look good later.

As mafias you can't honestly think preventing the kime network from forming is worth fighting. Villagers on the other hand know no better

@Alegis - But, clearly a clever mafia would know this line of reasoning, thus making the correct choice to oppose kime.
    Ah, but I know that a clever mafia knows that I would think that I know what he knows that I think that I know he thinks what I know

wait

(I still think a mafias would take into account what most sane people would assume or think rather than my twisted mind)

Anialos

• Options
    The Langly vote was legit, in my opinion. He made a mistake, but the mistake made him look evil, so them's the breaks. So just be careful about how much we analyze people going for langly yesterday.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Oh also: mafia can almost assuredly use secrets. After all, secret-users are revealed in the narration! Would be silly for them to be denied that.

Steam profile
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Not sure it is "terrible Game Theory" when Infidel himself said that is the way to learn if anything happened on day one.
    Infidel wrote: »
    Just for the record, Langly wasted someone else's power, which is the travesty. (And a little broken design, but still the result of villager lazyness.)

The whole "look at the tie" thing is silly, but doesn't look like anyone is caught pushing that. Oh well!

If you think there is shenanigans, you do it right and vote for me. If I come up mafia ever, then you follow up on the tie. Until then, there is nothing really interesting or rational about the two wagons.

And voting for me you probably want some reason to think I'm mafia other than "he voted for a villager" or "it's Infidel." I could at least somewhat accept "it's Infidel and it is now day 4" but we're not there yet are we. :P

Saying that anyone who starts a bandwagon on a villager is mafia is bad, but I hope stever didn't mean that.

I read that as him meaning the reason why the Langly wagon took off while there was a close vote going on. Which doesn't seem weird to me considering Langly admitted that he had nullified his secret by accident. So it seems less likely the wagon was mafia-started to get it off of a possible mafia.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Hmm

i'd vote trv again but a grudge vote at this point is dumb, if I could kill him though I would!

• Options
    My secret is that I'm watching this video for the second time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

don't tell anyone

• Options
    Oh also: mafia can almost assuredly use secrets. After all, secret-users are revealed in the narration! Would be silly for them to be denied that.

Why?

And if they can use secrets, how would that work? All of our secrets are one time use. So they each can only use their powers once a game like us?

Just don't see it.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea it's a pretty good video, but anyone whose watched it once has watched it twice clearly so you're secret isnt a secret and now you're doomed

• Options

Why?

And if they can use secrets, how would that work? All of our secrets are one time use. So they each can only use their powers once a game like us?

Just don't see it.

If they can't use secrets, then using a secret is like a public seering. That's possibly, like, 5 publicly confirmed villagers each night? Ehhh, I doubt it.

And they probably have secrets in addition to regular mafia abilities?

Steam profile
  • Options

Why?

Just don't see it.

Every player submitted a secret before the game started. Everyone received a secret from another player
    this includes the mafias

they probably still have separate mafia powers in addition to that secret

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Although, second thought on that.

What if they can gain access to the secrets of people who have been removed but haven't used their secrets? This would give them their renewable pool of secrets to use.

It might be good just to be safe and reveal your secret when its obvious you are gonna get voted out. Like the last ten minutes or so, to make sure the mafia can't get any use out of it.

But then again, that might be a bad idea if the mafia need to figure out everyone's secrets to perform some of their powers.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    If they can't use secrets, wouldn't there not be enough secrets to go around?

Also kime mentioned that we have true specials, so presumably the mafia has their kills as well.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Although, second thought on that.

What if they can gain access to the secrets of people who have been removed but haven't used their secrets? This would give them their renewable pool of secrets to use.

It might be good just to be safe and reveal your secret when its obvious you are gonna get voted out. Like the last ten minutes or so, to make sure the mafia can't get any use out of it.

But then again, that might be a bad idea if the mafia need to figure out everyone's secrets to perform some of their powers.
    I assume voided secrets won't be shared in the narration.

Edit: And hopefully I'll have given out orders and had them followed through before 10 minutes to close. :P

kime on
    Steam profile