As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: The Video Game (in 2014) (also tynic and Lexxy are still awesome p77)

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Twilight Princess is the best.

212suv7.png

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I suppose I still need to look into Skyward Sword.

I guess I'll do that after I finish Xenoblade Chronicles next year.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I will never forgive twilight princess for not making the wolf/human transformation a simple button press so that you could be this terrifying shape-changing force of nature in battle

I will never forgive twilight princess for not making that a skill to be mastered

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    tayafunnysig.png

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Twilight Princess was a really fun game.

The twilight-covered areas of the world were really fun to wander through, and exploring Hyrule Castle the first time was actually kind of intense, and really creepy. They did a fantastic job with ambient music and sound effects.

Admittedly, Midna was one of the only characters were noting in the game, but she in of herself was the best sidekick ever, and actually played an active role in the story, unlike almost all of her predecessors. (I say almost, because KoRL)

For the first half of the game, I honestly felt like Link was just being used by her and was going to be backstabbed at the first good opportunity. Anytime the zelda tagalong has me questioning her motives one minute, and then hoping to god that she was going to be okay a while later, is a pretty solid character.

Also it was fun to see Link have an actual romantic interest. The scenes with him and Ilya were pretty memorable, albeit few and far between.

No, it wasn't as solid as Majora's Mask, but really, nothing else is. It was probably the most unique and creative Zelda ever made, and I doubt we'll ever see anything that even comes close to it. But TP did a pretty good job, nevertheless.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't like this thread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I don't like your face!

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I don't like your face!

Do you like my face? 8->

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I don't think Twilight Princess was bad or anything, but it is just not the best.

Ocarina was more innovative. (And is still my favorite, though I am more than willing to admit this is entirely nostalgia.)
    Wind Waker was ultimately more stylish, memorable, and fun.
    Skyward Sword is more fun and does motion controls better.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    MM surpassed Ocarina in pretty much every way other than being the first 3D Zelda.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I've grown accustomed to your face

• Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    tumblr_m87jo8nxMk1qfv3gro1_r1_400.gif

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    wowee

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    Oh man, that's a high quality shot right there. Looks practically CG.

• Options
    worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
    tumblr_m83sjoE41A1qinbyso1_500.png

• Options
    tumblr_m867uhWAYe1rc95too1_500.png

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Best Zelda is Oracle of Ages

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The Ages/Seasons games were really fun.

Pretty much all the handheld Zeldas were really fun.

The least fun is Link's Awakening, and that's mostly because of a lack of intuitive design compared to the later games.

• Options
    tumblr_m82tjkVjBj1qhmnwno1_500.png

• Options
    that is a good Jack art

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    Good night MSPA thread.

Stay young. Growing old is not much fun.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Effef wrote: »
    tumblr_m87jo8nxMk1qfv3gro1_r1_400.gif

I'd gradually siphon off my blood to fill her up

• Options
    tumblr_m87pm2Rlrj1r6hxvyo1_1280.jpg

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    tumblr_m87tznVHeq1r161qso1_1280.png

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    TP6UJ.gif

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons 4 lyfe
    cos Game Boy Color is how the thugs roll
    nah just kidding, best LoZ is Link to the Past

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    you got a weird way of spelling wind waker, boy

• Options
    i have an internal fight over WW vs OoT vs Majoras Mask like every day

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I still need to play TP, SS, and ST. TP is literally the last GC game on my backlog.

Opty on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Link's Awakening is, in fact, the best Zelda game. Wind Waker is pretty close though.

Sorry Bear you are wrong. Leave your badge and get out.

Goddamit, Taya

Why do you have such good opinions

Also, I'm pretty sure we have had this exact same discussion the last major hiatus

• Options
    which other zeldas have a Puppet Ganon

Puppet_Ganon.png

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Today in Homestuck
    August 4

2009: 7 pages. John still refuses outright to get the cookies. Whoever is giving these commands ("JOHN YOU ARE STUPID") needs to work on their manners. John walks off panel and flips off the camera. Just then, a finger slips and hits the caps lock key: "FOR THE LAST TIME I COMMAnd you to get the cookies boy". This slip occurs years in the future, "but not enough to write home about". The breakout page shows a WAYWARD VAGABOND unlocking a secret compartment, containing cans of BEANS and MUSTARD, as well as a book on HUMAN ETIQUETTE. Back in the present, or near enough as to make no difference, Rose works on her FAQ. (The title of the current section: "The Long and Short. The Medium too.") Rose walks the user through the prototyping process and the effects of prototypings on the Medium. But she wonders what would happen if this process did not occur. And indeed, she also wonders how the game could "know" that their session would have four players (as there are four receptacles for their kernels)? But she's not quite done yet, so it's time for a flashback.

2010: 4 pages. "A dead Tavros is even more 8oring than an alive and crippled Tavros 8y a slim margin." Tavros enters the Medium as the PAGE OF BREATH in the LAND OF SAND AND ZEPHYR. A little while later, Vriska tells him to go outside to see stairs to get him up to his first gate. He points out this is not exactly compatible with his current method of locomotion. Vriska accusing him of being "8oring" at his refusal to climb the stairs and is basically being a huge bitch (bluh bluh) about the whole ordeal, but with some small grains of truth: that they're no longer in a hurry now that he's safely in the Medium, and that Tavros could just commune with the imps to get them to carry him around everywhere. But he says he doesn't want to make them do that and wonders why "wE CAN'T DO THIS THE EASY WAY". She asks "what good would that do you?" and says that "Whatever the purpose of this game is, it makes you work hard for it!" But afterward she gets right back to insulting his (supposedly) easy upbringing and says that he should apologize to her for being a cripple. He correctly points that is patently ridiculous, but she uses her cursor to shake his wheelchair back and forth repeatedly.

2011: No update.

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    that's right, mhm

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    go to bed, young hog

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Best Zelda is Four Swords, played it on a 12 hour coach journey with linked up GBAs. It was hilarious fun constantly sabotaging each other, and it was elevated to god tier when someone threw a pot at me and my screen turned black because it had gotten stuck on my head.

Great times.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Avraham wrote: »
    I'm up to Snowhead in Majora's Mask. God this game is so emotionally charged. You impersonate a dead man to give people fleeting hope.

i just bought an n64 with majoras mask (and perfect dark)

damn that game is bleak

Beasteh on
  • Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    Zant is a genuinely disturbing villain and the visual direction was X100 more interesting than Skyward Sword which had a beautiful thing going with the blue shadow ink artwork used in concepts/production but failed to carry through to the actual game

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    yeah, skyward sword was muddy and boring

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    VJgPR.jpg

This discussion has been closed.