As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It is nearly mathematically impossible for me to be mafia.
    Besides, I'm protected by arcane anti-mafia RNG barriers that only an epic-level host has a chance of bypassing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Oh Kilnaga just posted on our page. Looks like he is Team Gumpy after all. Way to be inactive jerk. I'm glad I included you on my list now extra hard now.

I would have been on there sooner. It took a few hours to get approval.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    This Anailos thing needs to be put to rest.

Geeze folks, at least spell my name right.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It is nearly mathematically impossible for me to be mafia.
    Besides, I'm protected by arcane anti-mafia RNG barriers that only an epic-level host has a chance of bypassing.

Challenge accepted.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I'm laughing at all the assumptions right now. Since I'm not competing today, booze calls!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Anialos*

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i'm really bad at time zones.

when is vote close

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    !INANTP, where does that leave the vote?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    God, what have you all been on today?

Anialos seems to have really pissed people off.

Also, yes, archering, yeah. Fuck subtle.

Warban
    Cayrus
    Matev
    Cythraul
    Langly
    Orangesoda
    INANTP
    Lonelyahava
    Baidol
    Alegis
    SeGaTai
    jdarksun

Pewpew!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular

when is vote close

About an hour from now.

• Options
    premium wrote: »

when is vote close

About an hour from now.

much thanks!

now I know that I have time to do some chores.

although it's not like i'm vitally important to anything.

i just want to feel included.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Lonelyahava, I must know your views on our current lead vote subjects! THIS COULD DECIDE THE FATE OF THE GAME.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Farangu
    Phyphor
    Langly
    REG Rysk
    Bluecyan
    Tayrun
    MrTLicious
    Retaba
    Vagrant Winds
    That Dave Fella
    Warban
    Orange Soda

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Boom Baby

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    My new win condition: appear on all the dunalists

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Anialos: 18 (INANTP, vagrant_winds, Mill, MrTLicious, Matev, Malkor, Bluecyan, Egos, Assuran, Alegis, stever777, Greenbarons, Void Slayer, Segatai, Retaba, langly, Baidol, warban, Tayrun)
    INANTP: 15 (adventfalls, jdarksun, Megafrost, Cayrus, Phyphor, That Dave Fella, Diorinix, Cythraul, Anialos, The Dagon, REG Rysk, enlightenedbum, Orange Soda, premium, kilnaga)
    Mill: 1 (Orange Soda, Anialos, Matev, stever777, Alegis)
    stever777: 1 (farangu)
    MrTLicious: 1 (romanqwerty)
    bluecyan: 1 (lonelyahava)
    Jdarksun: 0 (Retaba)

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    Lonelyahava, I must know your views on our current lead vote subjects! THIS COULD DECIDE THE FATE OF THE GAME.

the anialos thing i don't really get or understand, so i'm staying away from it.

as for INANTP....

He played a faction game much like I would have, you know, way back when. Only thing is, he took a shortcut. I would have done some massive soft networking, making deals and promises that I could barely keep while burning bridges behind me. INANTP cut all of that out, did some bald-faced lying, got all the information in a short amount of time that would have originally taken me about two days. You know, when i was really working at it hard. Which I'm not anymore.

I can't fault a guy for figuring out shortcuts to make playing faction games quicker and easier. yes, it's low. yes, it's cheap. yes, it involves making a lot of people rather angry at you. But eh. It's phalla. if you don't have people mad at you and wanting to kill you, you're either not playing or you're not playing it right.

I would, if he weren't close to the top, vote for INANTP simply because i can't stand the typing in all caps. But, that's just something I'll have to live with because it's not a valid enough reason to want to kill somebody.

best thing to do, especially in a faction game like this, is to back away from the action if somebody does something that pisses you off, hurts your team, or otherwise makes your initial reaction 'must kill must kill'. I learned that the hard way. Better to just back away from the game, take a deep breath, maybe sleep it off, and then come back fresh in the morning.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Because lonelyahava is a classy lady, oi have decided to stop taking moi throat losanges!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    best thing to do, especially in a faction game like this, is to back away from the action if somebody does something that pisses you off, hurts your team, or otherwise makes your initial reaction 'must kill must kill'. I learned that the hard way. Better to just back away from the game, take a deep breath, maybe sleep it off, and then come back fresh in the morning.
    It's a faction game. Hurting another team is reason enough.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I am return!!!!

Spent my weekend driving from Dallas to San Antonio and back, then I took a lovely little all day jaunt to scenic Tigertown, Texas today for a 9 hour meeting. Catching up on the thread now, unless someone wants to hit me up with a cliffnotes PM...eh?...eh?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    @Smoove Operator

INANTP is evil. Vote for him.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    A wild DUNALIST appears!

lonelyahava
    Mill
    romanqwerty
    Phyphor
    MrT
    stever777
    Retaba
    Baidol
    v_w
    Matev
    Farangu
    T_A

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    I'm not on enough DUNALISTS

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's a faction game. Hurting another team is reason enough.

We're coming from two very very different experiences here.

you're looking at this from a logical point of view. I'm seeing it from emotional. And having been on the bad side of an emotional decision i made, in a faction game, where my emotional attachment to my 'team' got the btter of me and led to a clusterfuck of immense proportions, I stand by what i said.

You have your experiences to back you up, fine. I have mine. And for those exact same memories of my overly emotional reaction in a faction game, i am staying the hell away from voting for inantp.

take it whatever way that you want to, jdark. I have my reasons.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Voting has closed.

Narration incoming. Please do not begin tomorrow's event before all PM's are out.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    you're looking at this from a logical point of view.
    I've rationalized an emotional response. Not really the same thing. Ani dying theoretically helps me as much as INANTP. There's just no visceral payoff, which I find to be the more satisfying part.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Here is the final vote count I ended up with:

Anialos: 18 (INANTP, vagrant_winds, Mill, MrTLicious, Matev, Malkor, Bluecyan, Egos, Assuran, Alegis, stever777, Greenbarons, Void Slayer, Segatai, Retaba, langly, Baidol, warban, Tayrun)
    INANTP: 15 (adventfalls, jdarksun, Megafrost, Cayrus, Phyphor, That Dave Fella, Diorinix, Cythraul, Anialos, The Dagon, REG Rysk, enlightenedbum, Orange Soda, premium, kilnaga)
    Mill: 1 (Orange Soda, Anialos, Matev, stever777, Alegis)
    stever777: 1 (farangu)
    MrTLicious: 1 (romanqwerty)
    bluecyan: 1 (lonelyahava)
    Phyphor: 1 (the Anonymous)
    Jdarksun: 0 (Retaba)

Does that agree with what you got?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Day 2 - Archery

“Good evening everyone and welcome to the first day of competition at the game of the First Phallympiad. We have an exciting program for you in primetime tonight featuring the finals of the archery competition. For more, we turn to tennis legend John McEnroe.”

“In the early days of phalla, players used vote analysis and posting mistakes to catch mafia. As the modern sport evolved, the need to streamline and reduce text in phalla became more paramount. Speed became more important, as faster internet connections meant a player’s fate could be decided in seconds. Volume also became a concern. Players relied on voicing suspicion of mafia to deflect the vote from themselves. Soon, lists became the norm, allowing for players to quickly jot down large numbers of names, then claim later on that ‘They could not be mafia, as one of the names on their list had matched up to a true opponent.’

“The first major user of listing was Dunadan19. As he played, he ensured that his frequent lists to help prove his innocence. These lists served another purpose, as he could always use them as proof that he had suspect an individual before anymore else. While he may not have the same results as some more famous phalla players, his innovation has lived on. A list of suspected mafia posted in the thread is now known as a dunalist.

“The most important aspect of any dunalist is accuracy. A player who can consistently name mafia in his or her lists stands a much better chance of using it later on. Tonight’s archery competition celebrates the dunalist. The phallympians have been competing round the clock, doing soft networking, thinking logically and making plans to ultimately win the dunalisting competition.”

“Thanks John. Now we send you out to Phallympics Hall in downtown Los Angeles for the finals of the archery competition. With the call is Al Michaels and Dan Patrick”

“Thanks Bob. It’s a beautiful night in downtown L.A., perfect for the first finals of these phallympics. The field has been working all day and the finals are set. Team Gumpy has been known as a powerhouse in this event for years. It should come as no surprise that two of their representatives, Three of Seven and Proteus Zenon are present in the finals. What is surprising, Dan, is the presence of Team Infidel in these finals.”

“That’s right Al. Team Infidel is generally known for taking the lead and holding things close to the chest. Dunalisting is not something most people associate with them. However, Johnny McCanuck has surprised everyone by making the finals tonight. He looks like he could be set for a special run.”

“The competitors have taken their places in their sound proof booths. When the buzzer sounds, each player will have 30 second to enter a name they suspect to be mafia. We’ll wait for the judges to give us a thumbs up or a thumbs down to see whether they are right. He goes the first round.”

“Watch Johnny McCanuck very closely. He was particularly upset when he couldn’t march in under the Canadian flag yesterday, and it will be interesting to see how that might effect his performance tonight. He’s been good so far, but can he continue his run.”

“The two team gumpy representatives have sent in their answers and we’re just waiting on McCanuck at the moment. With only seconds to spare, he’s got his choice in. Dan, what are your thoughts?”

“Well, team gumpy is coordinating well. McCannuck has gone with a very unorthodox first guess and it’s going to be very interesting to see if he knows something we don’t.”

“We await the signs from the judges. It is.... Thumbs up for the two members of team Gumpy. And... thumbs down for the representative from Infidel.”

“That’s gotta be a tough break. At least Johnny McCannuck is going to have a bronze medal to keep him company tonight.”

“That’s right Dan. And that’s gonna be a good feeling. Now let’s take a closer look at our Team Gumpy representatives. Three of Seven is a follower of the cosplaying subculture in phalla. You’ll notice the red laser sight on his eye. He claims it helps him aim and overcome his foes.”

“Proteus Zenon, on the other hand, is one of the new guys on the scene here. He’s really shot up through the ranks of team gumpy. It’ll be interesting to see how he holds up against the more experiences Three of Seven.”

“Well, the next names are in and the judges are signalling that they are different. This is the moment both of these men have been preparing for for their entire lives. Will it be the cosplayer or the young buck?”

“The judges are giving a thumbs up for Three of Seven!!!! Three of Seven takes home the gold medal, with Proteus Zenon taking home the silver. Bob, it’s been a great night down here at Archery. We send it back to you with some shots of ecstatic Team Gumpy players doing the robot.”

“Thanks Al and Dan. The Phallympics have gotten off to a rousing start as Team Gumpy captures the first gold and silver of this competition. Now we turn to Octavius for a update on cheating at these phallympic games.”

'Indeed, my friend. It seems that yovr athletes are growing more vntrvstworthy by the moment. Hugo Larjgai was accused helping his teammates cheat in today's archery event. After a thorovgh examination of his locker, a.... floppy disk was fovnd containing a file named MAFIALIST.TXT. After being qvestioned on the origination of the file, Hugo Larjgai said "I'm innocent! Meow've gotta believe me!" As yov and I both know, the P.I.L.L. has a zero tolerance policy for cheating in any form. As svch, the player has been removed from the competition.'

"Wait, Costas! I am recieving more news! It appears that another cheater has been fovnd! We are standing outside the room of Tim, who has been charged by an anonymovs sovrce of illegally boosting his performance. P.I.L.L. members have stormed the room, and fovnd what is described as a “magic box” which they say is filled with a combination of steroids, horse tranqvilizer, redbvll, and grass clippings. He's being dragged ovt of the bvilding now. Tim, are yov gvilty?"

“NAY! NAY!”

"That is all for this evening. Back to you Costas.”

A large man in parachute pants walked out of the L.A. convention center. He knew the steroids in his pocket could make him ragequit like a champion. Luckily, he just wanted to go see daytona beach. All those other cheaters were dumb, wasting their lives inside little soundproof boxes. He’d go out and do something real.

As Jumpmaster J left the convention center, another giant man sprinted past him. “I’m here, I’m here!”

The receptionist looked at his passed. “I’m sorry Mr. Lundgren, but you can’t just post. You need to vote as well. You’re too late, you’ve been removed from the competition.”

Rolph “No Relation” Lundgren looked glum. After all this, he couldn’t even get in the door! As he walked away, a large device fell out of his coat.

“Sir, I think you’ve dropped something.”

Rolph looked back. “That’s just my chinese military grade descrambler. I guess I won’t be needing it after all.”

With that, he walked into the L.A. sunset, never to be seen again.

The Removed

Hugo Largjai (Anialos) - Team Infidel Archer and Marathoner - CHEATER
    Tim (Phyphor) - Team Rend Freestyler and Balance Beamer
    Jumpmaster J (Farangu) - Team B:L Marathoner and Balance Beamer - CHEATER - Left
    Rolph “No Relation” Lundgren (Smoove Operator) - Team Rend Freestyler and Dressager - CHEATER - Missed the vote and was declared inactive.

PM's are going out. I will let you know when they are finished.

Current Medal Count

Team Gumpy - 5 points (1 gold, 1 silver)
    Team Infidel - 1 point (1 bronze)
    Team Rend - 0 points
    Team B:L - 0 points

SaberOverEasy on
  • Options
    Hugo Largjai (Anialos) - Team Infidel Archer and Marathoner - CHEATER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GJeEg1Dq52o#t=31s

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Wow. That's... a strict limit on voting. Did Smoove not even vote ever, or did voting restrictions tighten while I wasn't looking?

Also FUCK YES GOLD.

• Options
    Tayrun -
    Warban
    Cayrus
    Matev
    Cythraul
    Langly
    Orangesoda
    INANTP
    Lonelyahava
    Baidol
    Alegis
    SeGaTai
    jdarksun

Orange Soda -
    Farangu - BL
    SeGaTai - BL
    VoidSlayer - BL
    Assuran - Gumpy
    Tayrun - Gumpy
    Alegis - Infidel
    Warban - Infidel
    Matev - Infidel or Rend
    Jdark 1 - Rend
    Phyphor - Rend
    The Dagon - Rend
    Kilnaga - ???

adventfalls -
    Anialos
    Biadol
    Megafrost
    Stever777
    Mill
    Smoove Operator
    Kilnaga
    jdarksun
    Orange Soda
    greenbarons
    INANTP
    MrT

Two o' these lists are 1st and 2nd place!

'ave fun!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    This list is 10th place so is pretty inaccurate:
    MrT
    INANTP
    Anialos
    T_A
    Phyphor
    MegaFrost
    Cayrus
    Malkor
    Jdarksun
    The Dagon
    REG Rysk
    Langly

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PM's are out! Let the games begin!

If you feel you should have received a PM from me and did not, please let me know!

• Options
    Also, that means all (or at least most of) the other archers have to die for Team Infidel to get a medal out of me. :(

• Options
    What are the time stamps on the Team Gumpy lists?

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Langly because this is a faction game and team Infidel are meanies.

• Options
    9:34 AM on my list. I went early and never changed.

• Options
    Oi, why not just tie two of them in the vote?

Kill 'em both and 3rd place (Infidel) rockets up into 1st, wot wot.

liEt3nH.png