As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skies of Phalladia - Finale: Into Blue Skies

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Okay the kime vote looks odd, so why not promote 38thdoe!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    I can sorta see the rest of the outfit, but when the hell did the back of his helmet look like that? I always remembered it as sleek.

Alright, I'm going to give you this one, Egos. But I'll be watching

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Mega was on the Cythraul day one wagon, along with me (black pirate) and zombie hero (don't know which faction he is on or is claiming). Don't have much info to go on right now, but I want to make sure this is noted for future votes since a few more mafia deaths might help fill in holes. Granted he did have a good reason for this vote, so it might be worthless in the grand scheme of things.

Further thoughts on mafia numbers. I suspect 20% (12) would be too low given all the cross fire. I'm wonder if 14-16 would be more in line given the games setup. We know that there are two mafia group kills and that one can survive. Assuming each mafia group started out with about seven members, I'm leaning towards the mafia getting about 5 deaths per day on average.

Now I don't know if there is an SK but assuming there is, that could be one more death, probably can be survived much like the mafia group kills (as in you live if it misses and probably die if it connects [I'm told the group kill thing has 400 attack power]).

We also seem to be averaging 1.5 dead mafioso per day. Not sure how that is going to break down but that doesn't seem good for the village.

Guys the random hit squads aren't working and if you're intentionally hitting people that claim not to belong to your faction this early, then you're goose. Let's say the village continues with the 1.5 dead mafioso per day, we have an SK with average of .5 kills per day, each village faction gets .5 kills per day (bringing it up to 1) and for the next two days the mafia average 4.5 kills. I'm trying to be conservative given how easy it is to double up and that people can survive a heavy beating for a day. So the next two days we three mafia die, while the village loses nine, bringing the player pool down to 11 mafia (we'll assume 14), 18 villagers (neutral is included) and one SK. That does not look promising and this is if kills are conservative. Also right now the vote record ain't that great, it's to the advantage of the mafia to have things move quickly to avoid good vote records, it's to the village's advantage to drag this out.

Here's something else to keep in mind, assume a mafia faction will keep it's group kill until that faction has been eliminated. So even if we reduce one of the mafia fleets to one, that one guy still has the group kill and normal attacks.

If you must play to your faction victory, here's an idea. We have these things called repair kids. You could use them to keep people in your faction alive when they get attacked by mafia, until we've weeded out about 8 of them (ideally, wait until one of the mafia factions is eliminated).

After some thought, I feel it's in our interest to throw up ship names that have attacked us because that info could be handy later on since it could lead to finding mafia if someone's hit squad never seems to hit mafia or a specific mafia faction.

So if the captains of The Unbound Spirit, The Clockwork Angel and The Red-Tail aren't mafia, stop shooting me please; especially, if you're black pirates.

TheRoadVirus for now. Neither mega or SeGaTai were on this wagon and it seems odd that the latter jumped on the INANTP wagon towards the end. Yeah, I don't have much to go one right now, so this is the best I can do. If you don't think he is mafia, give me something to work with.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    ...Mill is gonna get killed.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Just getting a bite to eat for dinner here actually. Halloween, very busy work week and now it's convention time!

@vagrant_winds, @Rainfall quit raining on my fun time. Neither of you have ever tried contacting me ...other than about an hour ago. You're not the boss of me. RAWR

meow

No, but we're in contact with multiple people who have. Negotiations yo'.
    And from what I've heard you haven't claimed anything. No Blue. No Black. No nothing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    ...Mill is gonna get killed.

I would not be surprised. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst by making sure that no useful info I've gleaned dies with me.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    At the risk of echoing things I'm hearing, I don't like the kime vote, nothing is looking particularly damning, but the reason behind the CaptainPlanet82 vote is somewhat intriguing, if it's true.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    I think abandoning the kill teams would be a very bad idea.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    After some thought, I feel it's in our interest to throw up ship names that have attacked us because that info could be handy later on since it could lead to finding mafia if someone's hit squad never seems to hit mafia or a specific mafia faction.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH OH HERE WE GO, CORRECT STATEMENTS. READ THEM OR I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I've already named both ships that have attacked me.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I'll bite on the CaptainPlanet82 wagon.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey @Mill I can explain my vote! It's because you're not the boss of me

Have I voted yet?
    Red rover, red rover, blow up zandracon

• Options
    Guys the random hit squads aren't working and if you're intentionally hitting people that claim not to belong to your faction this early, then you're goose. Let's say the village continues with the 1.5 dead mafioso per day, we have an SK with average of .5 kills per day, each village faction gets .5 kills per day (bringing it up to 1) and for the next two days the mafia average 4.5 kills. I'm trying to be conservative given how easy it is to double up and that people can survive a heavy beating for a day. So the next two days we three mafia die, while the village loses nine, bringing the player pool down to 11 mafia (we'll assume 14), 18 villagers (neutral is included) and one SK. That does not look promising and this is if kills are conservative. Also right now the vote record ain't that great, it's to the advantage of the mafia to have things move quickly to avoid good vote records, it's to the village's advantage to drag this out.

Between the (possible) slip, and the recommendation that the village drop the random kill squads (in favor of what, exactly?), I'm going to have to go with Mills

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah

CaptainPlanet82

What do you have to gain by refusing to claim a color?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Bremen wrote: »

Between the (possible) slip, and the recommendation that the village drop the random kill squads (in favor of what, exactly?), I'm going to have to go with Mills

Heh I saw that too but too much effort to quote one part of something on my phone.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Kime

Switching to the Mills wagon.

I hope this pans out, because I don't see much else to go on. But that just might be me.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Actually, both Mills and CaptainPlanet sound pretty suspicious to me. Maybe we should agree to vote for one and kill the other with cannons?

In which case it sounds like Mills is already damaged.

• Options
    You know, there is a difference between random kills based on "well this guy is the wrong color or he's usually inactive so he might be mafia" and the one that took out Matev with the rationale of "guy claims to be both factions, probably should kill him."

Remember every village you gun down is one less villager that the mafia has to contend with.

• Options
    One more thing, since Bremen likes his random hit squads. He's either mafia playing people or he's a liability to the village.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go with Mill as well. The villages edge in this game is that we can ALL make attacks, and if we lose that we lose the game.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    While a retaliatory red vote on Ringo never goes out of style, I'll jump aboard the CaptainPlanet bandwagon.

Or, I would, if it wasn't about to be indefinitely grounded.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Of the two current wagons, I lean towards the [color]CaptainPlanet[/color] one.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Thundering typhoons. CaptainPlanet.

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    So I'm drunk as shit when I do not do so often nor well. I'm going to blatantly throw away a vote on egos because he's the last person I've seen in the thread and I'm in no condition to make well informed and thought out decisions.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Gaslight is right there, man.

• Options
    I'm going to switch my vote to CaptainPlanet. I think the goal should be to get both of them, but splitting the vote when we have two suspicious candidates seems like a bad idea.

• Options
    sure, gaslight iti is

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'd like to see what color CaptainPlanet bleeds. >:)

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Tangent: steak fajita nachos go down great but probably won't come up so nicely

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I just opened a fortune cookie from lunch and it says "You at this time"

D:

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »

D:

I'M IN YOUR FUCKING HOUSE

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
  • Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »

D:

I'M IN YOUR FUCKING HOUSE

Welcome to my fucking house. :winky:

The video Egos links frightens me.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    CaptainPlanet[/b]. I

Between milk and cp I would rather cp

• Options
    Don't cry over spilled Milk, Langly.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    captainplanet

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Again with these one word votes. :( At least share some other suspicions if you have to do that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    captainplanet

To fix mine

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Mega was on the Cythraul day one wagon, along with me (black pirate) and zombie hero (don't know which faction he is on or is claiming). Don't have much info to go on right now, but I want to make sure this is noted for future votes since a few more mafia deaths might help fill in holes. Granted he did have a good reason for this vote, so it might be worthless in the grand scheme of things.

That day one Cythraul vote was for heinous acts from Monster phalla, which is a grudge vote that most folks in that phalla saw coming. Anyways, undergroundmonorail is the only one if find suspicious right now, but i might pop in the thread later this evening to see if anything more concrete is revealed.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    {color=red]CaptainPlanet[/color].

Not claiming a color is odd.