As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Lego doesn't work, tried that first thing, too.

Only other clue I have: "Synonyms for 'Creator'; 'Inventor', 'Founder'"

My Santa says the clue relates to gift number one, which is the Lego Avatar that is shown in my previous "Gift Get" post...

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Self-control is easy

Steam discounts are the super-drug

Wallets weep come sales

The sale... it does things
    Things we didn't think it could
    Wish I still had cash...

The Haiku Virus

Has Taken over your mind

Code Five Seven Five

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I guess it shows how different I am, but my first thought was "Hypatia", for creating the whole SS thread ...

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Dearest Santee: Your package is shipped, with arrival expected via UPS on Wednesday.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    I guess it shows how different I am, but my first thought was "Hypatia", for creating the whole SS thread ...

Yep, tried that too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    first google result of creator is: Deity - wiki

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I went ahead and took advantage of the gog sale that's going on. I hope I have not (further?) angered my Satan... I mean, Santa.

I was playing with fire, and I got burned.

I woke up to an e-mail this morning with what can only be described as a spite gift:

badrats.png

When will you people learn? :(

Steam: offday
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    My Santa says the clue relates to gift number one, which is the Lego Avatar that is shown in my previous "Gift Get" post...
    Have you tried Ole Kirk Christiansen?
    Seeing as how he's the inventor of LEGO and the founder of the Lego corporation.
    Possibly just Ole Kirk.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Have you tried Ole Kirk Christiansen?
    Seeing as how he's the inventor of LEGO and the founder of the Lego corporation.
    Possibly just Ole Kirk.

Also the figure you got came from A Brick World.

And in case it matters. I know a few of the pieces.

Legs- minifig series 7 space marine
    Body- wolverine (I believe)
    Head- squidward from spongebob

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry Santa I too was weak during the Steam sale, I bought Max Payne 1/2/3, Empire: TW, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Dishonored, Hearthfire, OMD2 DLC, The Bard's Tale, Fable: TLC, Transformers: WfC, KOTOR2 and got Kingdoms of Amalur, FIFA13 and Syndicate for Origin.

Okay I was suuuuper weak.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Adventure time watched

Roommate and I are huge fans

in weight and stature

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Okay Santa, I finally have a proper computer that can play PC games.

hint hint

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'll admit to being confused by people buying so many games during the sale. Do you forget that Christmas is literally a month away, and that Steam often features even better sales then? I can understanding picking up a couple of things if you play through games fast, but still ...

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Things are not going according to plan.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Looks like I lucked out. I'm not saying whether or not my Santee bought anything from the steam sale, but nothing has interfered with my plans so far.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    I'm sorry Santa I too was weak during the Steam sale, I bought Max Payne 1/2/3, Empire: TW, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Dishonored, Hearthfire, OMD2 DLC, The Bard's Tale, Fable: TLC, Transformers: WfC, KOTOR2 and got Kingdoms of Amalur, FIFA13 and Syndicate for Origin.

Okay I was suuuuper weak.

At least you were weak with GOOD games. That's an awesome haul!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dearest Santa Claus,

I serve the Newell, of course

My resolve is strong

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I am debating whether or not to pick up more games to have for emergency gifting? I usually end up wanting them for myself, haha. This is hard

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I have 1 whole cent left in my Steam wallet. I think I finally did a sale right.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The season has now begun in earnest.

Let us sing the carols.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3BtuPZwQVXE

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I got gifted again! Got Castle Crashers on steam from the anonymous...dutch? German? santa. Confession, I've already played and beaten this. But now I can play with my Fiancee, since I got two copies. Gracias Santa! This brings it to Alpha Protocol and Castle Crashers x2. Given the poem and the cryptic moon language (which is all languages other than english) I'm not sure who my santa is, or if this is the end of the random gifting. But either way, thanks!

edit: apparently my santa got me FOUR copies of castle crashers! So that's cool.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hey my dear Santee

I have filled a box with gifts

and sent it your way

e: Went from dadaist haiku to hopefully correct haiku.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    /What? Dac Vin, that's not

Seven syllables or five even

worst haiku ever/

I Stand corrected

your haiku has impoved yes?

Dac Vin was redeemed

Mighty on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

see317 on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I should probably check to see if my santee held strong during the sale...

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I got gifted again! Got Castle Crashers on steam from the anonymous...dutch? German? santa. Confession, I've already played and beaten this. But now I can play with my Fiancee, since I got two copies. Gracias Santa! This brings it to Alpha Protocol and Castle Crashers x2. Given the poem and the cryptic moon language (which is all languages other than english) I'm not sure who my santa is, or if this is the end of the random gifting. But either way, thanks!

edit: apparently my santa got me FOUR copies of castle crashers! So that's cool.

FYI: Alpha Protocol is awesome. I've got at least 3 playthrough's under my belt. I'm very disappointed that it didn't do better with reviewers because I would love another one...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    DR9US.gif

e3Dpv.jpg

Can one person really be that classy?

Yes.

Santa can.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Santa, don't get me anything off Steam. I have all I need. Moreso, actually.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    I received a large amazon.ca package. As I have not ordered anything from amazon recently I'm going to assume that this is my gift. It will sit under the tree until Christmas because CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ARE FOR CHRISTMAS! but wanted to let you know it arrived safely!

• Options
    Asiina wrote: »
    I received a large amazon.ca package. As I have not ordered anything from amazon recently I'm going to assume that this is my gift. It will sit under the tree until Christmas because CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ARE FOR CHRISTMAS! but wanted to let you know it arrived safely!

Are you insane? An action like this breaks the sacred santa/santee bond which deserves...nay...DEMANDS that you open any presents immediately and post pictures. Anything less will result in stern looks from everyone around you...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    That's just mean to your Santa! And potentially ruins perishable snacks.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

Did you at least make sure it wasn't a kitten!?

• Options
    santa, zipcode check

6 8 1 0 6 not 8

otherwise no gift

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    So much Steam gifting! I feel it somewhat pertinant to say... Dear Santa, I do not nor do I have any desire to game on PC. That said, I eagerly await your gifts!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »

Are you insane? An action like this breaks the sacred santa/santee bond which deserves...nay...DEMANDS that you open any presents immediately and post pictures. Anything less will result in stern looks from everyone around you...

I've always said that I won't open Christmas presents until Christmas. My santa should know this if they've done their stalking well.

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    The Life and Times of Cpl. S. Handkor
    S. Handkor was a simple, yet happy man. Until the aliens arrived. While away at work, the aliens came and viciously slaughtered his whole family during an attack on their neighborhood.

Handkor vowed for revenge.

So when he heard about the international organization known as XCOM, he knew he had to do whatever it would take to join. Hired among the initial wave of new recruits, he showed promise and motivation.

He would soon get to test that eagerness on his first mission. An Interceptor had just shot down its first UFO over Germany. And Rookie Handkor was hand picked by the Commander to join the team responsible for scouting the wreckage. And indeed, Handkor was quite ready.

Operation Dark Sword

First off the Skyranger, Rookie Handkor took it upon himself to act as the point man. And his enthusiasm paid off, as he soon found himself aiming his sights at a Sectoid. A soon-to-be-dead Sectoid, as a quick pull of the trigger landed his rounds squarely into the Sectoids chest.

He took up a defensive posture at one of the holes blown through the side of the UFO. As his teammates were securing the rest of the area, Handkor could see a figure moving inside the UFO. His bloodthirst for aliens almost sent him dashing through the downed UFO, but he somehow tempered himself, choosing to throw a grenade into the interior of the space craft. A screech could barely be heard over the explosion, as it was later revealed that he took out an Outsider. His bravery was rewarded with a promotion to Squaddie and a new role as Assault.

Operation Lost Blade

His second mission proved nearly disastrous. Aliens were reported to be abduction civilians from Mexico. During the mission, Sq. Handkor proved to be a little too eager, choosing to storm against a window to take out a Sectoid at close range. His foolishness was met in kind when a Sectoid flanked him and injury him while in his exposed position. The chaos began when the teammate with a medkit was fired upon. Though she was using a car for cover, the car quickly exploded under the aliens fire, killing the squad member instantly. This caused another squad member to panic, inexplicably shooting and killing the fourth member of the team. Somehow, Sq. Handkor and his teammate were able to pull it together and eliminate the remaining aliens. His injuries required only four days of rest and recuperation.

Operation Demon King

After recovering, he wanted to immediately return to duty. A request came from the Council to deactivate a bomb that the aliens were working to deploy. Although he was happy to be on a mission, he was not very happy to see that Squaddie Willems, the one responsible for losing control and shooting a fellow team member, was promoted to Corporal. Try as he might, he just couldn't figure the motive behind the promotion. If anything, she should be removed from the XCOM unit entirely. But aside from that, he was quite happy to see Lauren Walker, a fellow Squaddie, was on this mission as well. The mission was fairly smooth, aside from Sq. Handkor's momentary lapse of judgment in choosing to stand next to an exploding car. He was able to pull his wits about him afterward, and was in fact the one that defused the bomb. All members were awarded a promotion to the next rank. Newly promoted Cpl. Handkor was also rewarded with yet more sick bay time to recover from his wounds.

Operation Final Vengeance

Some questioned whether Handkor should be returning to duty yet again so soon after the wounds he sustained in his last mission. But the Corporal just brushed them off. Joined with four of the best members of XCOM, they set out on a mission to scout another UFO that was shot down. This UFO was much larger than the last one. And it would provide Handkor with his closest brush with death yet.

After securing the perimeter of the downed craft, fellow squad member Cpl. Walker entered through a blown out section of the craft, believing it to be empty. This would prove fatal for her, as the Outsider that was waiting inside quickly gunned her down. Cpl. Handkor was distraught that his friend, the only one to repeatedly visit him in sick bay to cheer him up, was gunned down so cruelly. He rushed into the UFO, hoping the show the Outsider the business end of his shotgun. However, the Outsider proved too cunning. The alien outflanked the Corporal, and hit him with a blast from a Plasma Rifle. The Corporal, badly injured, saw the sight of his friend's body lying next to him, and panicked. He couldn't control his actions, and the only thing he could do was curl up in the fetal position.

The Outsider arrogantly walked towards the Corporal. Perhaps too arrogantly, as the alien missed his shot from near point blank range. Handkor, seeing this miraculous turn of events, gathered his senses and seized the opportunity to cut the Outsider down. With the area secured, they returned home, with Cpl. Handkor gaining a new lease on life.

TL;DR:
    DR9US.gif

Handkor was nice enough to gift me a copy of the remake to my most favoritest game in the world.

bJ5rQ.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Okay, Santee. I've ordered all the components of your gift, and they should be winging their way to me any day now. Now we both play the waiting game.
    :steeples hands:
    Eeeeeexcellent.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    SANTEE. Your gifts have arrived.

SOON.

• Options
    Kendrik wrote: »

I've always said that I won't open Christmas presents until Christmas. My santa should know this if they've done their stalking well.

obama-stern.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Okay, Santee. I've ordered all the components of your gift, and they should be winging their way to me any day now. Now we both play the waiting game.
    :steeples hands:
    Eeeeeexcellent.

I'm tired of the waiting game. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!