Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Lego doesn't work, tried that first thing, too.
    Only other clue I have: "Synonyms for 'Creator'; 'Inventor', 'Founder'"
    My Santa says the clue relates to gift number one, which is the Lego Avatar that is shown in my previous "Gift Get" post...
    Have you tried Ole Kirk Christiansen?
    Seeing as how he's the inventor of LEGO and the founder of the Lego corporation.
    Possibly just Ole Kirk.

That was it! Should have thought of that one. Thanks for the help!

I now have to provide some photographic evidence before gift 2 is sent.....

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »
    Okay, Santee. I've ordered all the components of your gift, and they should be winging their way to me any day now. Now we both play the waiting game.
    :steeples hands:
    Eeeeeexcellent.

I'm tired of the waiting game. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

As far as games go

there is a fact you should know

BattleShip owns you

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »
    Okay, Santee. I've ordered all the components of your gift, and they should be winging their way to me any day now. Now we both play the waiting game.
    :steeples hands:
    Eeeeeexcellent.

I'm tired of the waiting game. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

As far as games go

there is a fact you should know

BattleShip owns you

That's not a Simpsons reference though.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    The Life and Times of Cpl. S. Handkor
    S. Handkor was a simple, yet happy man. Until the aliens arrived. While away at work, the aliens came and viciously slaughtered his whole family during an attack on their neighborhood.

Handkor vowed for revenge.

So when he heard about the international organization known as XCOM, he knew he had to do whatever it would take to join. Hired among the initial wave of new recruits, he showed promise and motivation.

He would soon get to test that eagerness on his first mission. An Interceptor had just shot down its first UFO over Germany. And Rookie Handkor was hand picked by the Commander to join the team responsible for scouting the wreckage. And indeed, Handkor was quite ready.

Operation Dark Sword

First off the Skyranger, Rookie Handkor took it upon himself to act as the point man. And his enthusiasm paid off, as he soon found himself aiming his sights at a Sectoid. A soon-to-be-dead Sectoid, as a quick pull of the trigger landed his rounds squarely into the Sectoids chest.

He took up a defensive posture at one of the holes blown through the side of the UFO. As his teammates were securing the rest of the area, Handkor could see a figure moving inside the UFO. His bloodthirst for aliens almost sent him dashing through the downed UFO, but he somehow tempered himself, choosing to throw a grenade into the interior of the space craft. A screech could barely be heard over the explosion, as it was later revealed that he took out an Outsider. His bravery was rewarded with a promotion to Squaddie and a new role as Assault.

Operation Lost Blade

His second mission proved nearly disastrous. Aliens were reported to be abduction civilians from Mexico. During the mission, Sq. Handkor proved to be a little too eager, choosing to storm against a window to take out a Sectoid at close range. His foolishness was met in kind when a Sectoid flanked him and injury him while in his exposed position. The chaos began when the teammate with a medkit was fired upon. Though she was using a car for cover, the car quickly exploded under the aliens fire, killing the squad member instantly. This caused another squad member to panic, inexplicably shooting and killing the fourth member of the team. Somehow, Sq. Handkor and his teammate were able to pull it together and eliminate the remaining aliens. His injuries required only four days of rest and recuperation.

Operation Demon King

After recovering, he wanted to immediately return to duty. A request came from the Council to deactivate a bomb that the aliens were working to deploy. Although he was happy to be on a mission, he was not very happy to see that Squaddie Willems, the one responsible for losing control and shooting a fellow team member, was promoted to Corporal. Try as he might, he just couldn't figure the motive behind the promotion. If anything, she should be removed from the XCOM unit entirely. But aside from that, he was quite happy to see Lauren Walker, a fellow Squaddie, was on this mission as well. The mission was fairly smooth, aside from Sq. Handkor's momentary lapse of judgment in choosing to stand next to an exploding car. He was able to pull his wits about him afterward, and was in fact the one that defused the bomb. All members were awarded a promotion to the next rank. Newly promoted Cpl. Handkor was also rewarded with yet more sick bay time to recover from his wounds.

Operation Final Vengeance

Some questioned whether Handkor should be returning to duty yet again so soon after the wounds he sustained in his last mission. But the Corporal just brushed them off. Joined with four of the best members of XCOM, they set out on a mission to scout another UFO that was shot down. This UFO was much larger than the last one. And it would provide Handkor with his closest brush with death yet.

After securing the perimeter of the downed craft, fellow squad member Cpl. Walker entered through a blown out section of the craft, believing it to be empty. This would prove fatal for her, as the Outsider that was waiting inside quickly gunned her down. Cpl. Handkor was distraught that his friend, the only one to repeatedly visit him in sick bay to cheer him up, was gunned down so cruelly. He rushed into the UFO, hoping the show the Outsider the business end of his shotgun. However, the Outsider proved too cunning. The alien outflanked the Corporal, and hit him with a blast from a Plasma Rifle. The Corporal, badly injured, saw the sight of his friend's body lying next to him, and panicked. He couldn't control his actions, and the only thing he could do was curl up in the fetal position.

The Outsider arrogantly walked towards the Corporal. Perhaps too arrogantly, as the alien missed his shot from near point blank range. Handkor, seeing this miraculous turn of events, gathered his senses and seized the opportunity to cut the Outsider down. With the area secured, they returned home, with Cpl. Handkor gaining a new lease on life.

TL;DR:
    DR9US.gif

Handkor was nice enough to gift me a copy of the remake to my most favoritest game in the world.

snip

Haha, good show.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So much Steam gifting! I feel it somewhat pertinant to say... Dear Santa, I do not nor do I have any desire to game on PC. That said, I eagerly await your gifts!

Where's the disagree button?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    My plans for my Santee have hit a small snag while I look for an uncommon, non-Christmassy color of tissue paper. I'll have to hit up the craft stores this weekend and hope they have some. Worst case scenario, I have a few ideas for possible alternatives.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    AaronKI wrote: »
    My plans for my Santee have hit a small snag while I look for an uncommon, non-Christmassy color of tissue paper. I'll have to hit up the craft stores this weekend and hope they have some. Worst case scenario, I have a few ideas for possible alternatives.

I'm a little confused why you want a non Christmas flavor tissue paper....

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Boogers want a little variety too, man. Think of them once in a while.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Boogers want a little variety too, man. Think of them once in a while.

You'll get smeared where I tell you and you'll like it

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    DR9US.gif

Well, more like a notice of more gifting to come...
    IMG00057-20121127-1243.jpg
    IMG00058-20121127-1244.jpg

Please enjoi the image of my Bic lighter which was used to cover my personal info to prevent legit stalking. You know who you are :winky:

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Additionally, Santee, you were too hard to shop for and thus, I am Grinching you. By Grinching, I mean not gifting. Deal with it.
    Gifts are on zee way, cherished Santee

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Wanted to do a quick early thank you to my santa, he gifted me mark of the ninja on steam! You definately got my taste right on that game! I have only gotten to play the first two levels, but I hope to jump into this later this week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Huh. i had a look at the participants, and i noticed a distant lack of Khoo, Tycho or Gabe.

Pity, I always thought it was cool that they participated in the past years GnT:SS.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think Khoo does the SE++ one, and Tycho would just sign a book and give it to his Santee. Not sure how much stalking got done.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Khoo's on the list. G&T used to do it - but haven't for awhile I think. I got Gabe one of the years I did it actually - I still have the Christmas card on my desk in a frame, it has a little sketch of Gabe in the card.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I think Khoo does the SE++ one, and Tycho would just sign a book and give it to his Santee. Not sure how much stalking got done.

Since they run the website we're all members of, I think it is acceptable to get overloaded with PA Swag, which is normally what happened.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You have to send Khoo a pleasing necktie or he doesn't sign up the following year.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Icemopper wrote: »

Since they run the website we're all members of, I think it is acceptable to get overloaded with PA Swag, which is normally what happened.

Yes, I would wonder what you were doing here if you weren't a fan of theirs.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So I received Part 1 from my Secret Santa here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/24961118/#Comment_24961118

Part 2 arrived a few days ago in the form of steam gifting, but I've been installing Windows 8 which has been…problematic so I didn't want to do the gift get until it was installed.

So….

DR9US.gif

My not-so-secret-anymore-due-to-a-give-away-email-address-Mr-Big-Isy Santa got me Xcom AND Dead Island. Two games I've been wanting to play for some time now!

I installed and booted up Xcom earlier, Dead Island is still downloading but rather than post up those boring image grabs, here's a picture of me playing Xcom on my projector, preparing for my first mission! Dead Island will be edited in later when it's installed :)
    qeCfX.jpg
    My not-so-secret-santa has dropped me a not-so-secret hint that there's also a Part 3 to his gifting which is really quite unnecessary (but very welcome!) as
    my heart has already grown three times with the current gifts.

So thank you Big Isy, I'll hopefully meet you for a hot beverage in the New Year!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So much Steam gifting! I feel it somewhat pertinant to say... Dear Santa, I do not nor do I have any desire to game on PC. That said, I eagerly await your gifts!

You disagree that I'm not interested in PC gaming? Are you stalking me... Santa?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Santa, I'm really sorry that I haven't posted a lot recently, my inner-lurker has gotten the better of me and a lack of free time mean I haven't been as active as I would like.

Santee, someone is getting a little bit extra in his paycheque so hopefully I'll sort you out with a few little extras :D

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    anoffday wrote: »

You disagree that I'm not interested in PC gaming? Are you stalking me... Santa?

No. I just want my Santa to know that I'm very into PC gaming. Maybe too much so.

Honestly though, as much as I love steam games, I'd probably be ok for awhile not getting any steam games while I attempt to catch up.
    I'm never going to catch up. Feel free to gift me steam games if it's easier for you Santa. :)

anoffday on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    DR9US.gif

Santa hath strucketh!
    l53hGh.jpg
    An Amazon package? I didn't order anything recently.

dzfdnh.jpg
    Oh snap it's Secret Santa of course! Bib doesn't give a damn.

j1xgUh.jpg
    Aha! @Goose! reveals himself! What does that mean?!

dj8T1h.jpg
    Bonus gift: A fetching new scarf for Bib, which she does not care for.

AI6Ur.jpg?1
    Wow! I have had this on my wish list for a long time, but had forgotten about it! Guess I'll be taking the AFOQT after all!

q7sxdh.jpg
    Once again, Bib has only tacit interest.

Thank you Santa! I'm going to have to carve out some time soon to start studying up.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    That's like giving a kid an algebra textbook on Christmas morning.

"Here ya go kid, go better ya self" "Well I wanted a Nintendo but ok....*sigh*"

It would be really extra hilarious if you weren't in the military at all.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I dunno, he may really really want that! I know I've got a toothbrush really high up on my list of priorities this year.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    DR9US.gif

I got home from work this evening and booted up WIndows. Woah! Santa is taking the 12 days theme seriously.

eN8OUl.png

Thank you!

Being on the receiving end of this much generosity, I'll have to rethink the plan for my Santee.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Shopping is done!

Christmas is about to be in your face soon Santee!

soon...

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    So I received Part 1 from my Secret Santa here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/24961118/#Comment_24961118

Part 2 arrived a few days ago in the form of steam gifting, but I've been installing Windows 8 which has been…problematic so I didn't want to do the gift get until it was installed.

So….

DR9US.gif

My not-so-secret-anymore-due-to-a-give-away-email-address-Mr-Big-Isy Santa got me Xcom AND Dead Island. Two games I've been wanting to play for some time now!

I installed and booted up Xcom earlier, Dead Island is still downloading but rather than post up those boring image grabs, here's a picture of me playing Xcom on my projector, preparing for my first mission! Dead Island will be edited in later when it's installed :)
    qeCfX.jpg
    My not-so-secret-santa has dropped me a not-so-secret hint that there's also a Part 3 to his gifting which is really quite unnecessary (but very welcome!) as
    my heart has already grown three times with the current gifts.

So thank you Big Isy, I'll hopefully meet you for a hot beverage in the New Year!

Oh we should definitely meet! I drove past that climbing place you visit in Crossflats. My brother apparently signed up so I might do the same, that would be a good spot. Just lemme know when you plan on going down there and I'll pop over and annoy you!

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    When I saw "Mass Effect Collection" I got excited for a second, thinking that ME3 had finally been released on Steam since a collection of all three had been released recently.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    DR9US.gif

So I went to the mailbox and "RANDOM ENCOUNTER!"

A Package and a Slime Draws Near!

oCy2Y.jpg?1

Command?
    -Open

CRITICAL HIT!

Package is defeated!
    2 Exp gained
    3 Gold
    bVECK.jpg?1
    Package drops King of Kong!

Slime Flees.

Seriously, awesome pick! I love good films, and I've been wanting to see this one for awhile. Can't wait to get a chance to watch it.

(also, I am assuming this is from my Secret Santa. there was no message inside or anything, since it shipped direct from the store, if he'd like to step forward and confirm?)

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Ooo! Finally got part of my satee's gift. Let's start wrappin'

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    It's not even December yet!
    (...and other excuses as to why my Santee hasn't received their gift yet...)

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    I get home from a seemingly never-ending day at work to find my inbox once again filled with Christmas joy from Santa @Grove!

GiftGet.gif

Part 2!
    cave.png

I am a horrible, horrible person for never having played this. Thank you, Santa, for making me a better person!

Next up...
    orcs.png

Holy hells, YES! I loved the original (although I did rage quit it and never returned after one frustrating later level where my perfect trap setup broke the game. Guess I'm not supposed to set up a neverending chain of springboards launching baddies into lava. One would always glitch and survive, stuck in terrain). I've heard that the sequel is everything the first was, only better! I look forward to finding out.

So much gaming goodness to get into. The tally now stands at the above, plus Alice, Madness returns and Kotor 2 from my earlier post. I have a lot to keep me busy!

Thanks again, Santa!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Presents have been shipped! You will be visited with holiday cheer soon, Santee!

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Cave Story is amazing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's not even December yet!
    (...and other excuses as to why my Santee hasn't received their gift yet...)

I couldn't do this even if I tried. I don't care if SS is a December-type event, having gifts for people and holding them for any longer than a few days hurts me more than it does the recipients. I live for the happiness people get from getting gifts they enjoy, and I don't like waiting for that.

• Options
    Judge-Z wrote: »
    I get home from a seemingly never-ending day at work to find my inbox once again filled with Christmas joy from Santa @Grove!

GiftGet.gif

Part 2!
    cave.png

I am a horrible, horrible person for never having played this. Thank you, Santa, for making me a better person!

Next up...
    orcs.png

Holy hells, YES! I loved the original (although I did rage quit it and never returned after one frustrating later level where my perfect trap setup broke the game. Guess I'm not supposed to set up a neverending chain of springboards launching baddies into lava. One would always glitch and survive, stuck in terrain). I've heard that the sequel is everything the first was, only better! I look forward to finding out.

So much gaming goodness to get into. The tally now stands at the above, plus Alice, Madness returns and Kotor 2 from my earlier post. I have a lot to keep me busy!

Thanks again, Santa!

Cave Story is good. I need to start playing that one. Also be sure to play it on Christmas day for a surprise. :D

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    What's the version of Cave Story to play? I was thinking about getting it on 3DS, but I've heard the eShop version is better than the retail release?

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    PC ideally.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    DR9US.gif

So I went to the mailbox and "RANDOM ENCOUNTER!"

A Package and a Slime Draws Near!

oCy2Y.jpg?1

Command?
    -Open

CRITICAL HIT!

Package is defeated!
    2 Exp gained
    3 Gold
    bVECK.jpg?1
    Package drops King of Kong!

Slime Flees.

Seriously, awesome pick! I love good films, and I've been wanting to see this one for awhile. Can't wait to get a chance to watch it.

(also, I am assuming this is from my Secret Santa. there was no message inside or anything, since it shipped direct from the store, if he'd like to step forward and confirm?)

It is indeed from me - I appeared to not be offered gift wrapping on a marketplace purchase :(
    I think there is still more to come....