As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »
    Anyone want Saints Row 3? I have an extra copy from the humble bundle to whoever pms me first for it.

Or maybe I should play Saints Row 3 instead of the above?

Thanks, JMan!

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    No, really, replay AP. It's not a game you play once and now that you've played it already it will go faster the second (and third and fourth) time. Go pistols + stealth, breeze through the game, be enlightened.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Stealth and Pistols was my first play through

Which is why I think the AI and Cover system were kinda not great.

I mean, well worth the fucking five dollars or whatever I bought it for.

But I have a big library small library compared to most you, bu I want to move on.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have changed my mind about the thread split.

The gifting will be split into its own thread unless @anoffday finishes his Bad Rats LP.

3zrQQ.gif

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @anoffday, you have a reason. Don't let us down! D:

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Go pistols and stealth and get a couple points in...engineering? the one that has the power to instantly zero out your cooldowns. Combat is trivialized

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    Time just flies. One week to Winter Sale :shock:

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Free Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key for anyone who wants it.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I have changed my mind about the thread split.

The gifting will be split into its own thread unless @anoffday finishes his Bad Rats LP.

That is coercion, good sir! I'm appalled that you would stoop to such things!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I shall have my pound of rats.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    That's just evil and diabolical!
    I love it!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I take a nap and what do I find in this thread when I wake up? SUPERVILLAINY!

I need to quit taking naps.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    If I tried to play Titan Quest now would it hold up? It's a Diablo clone right?

Why am I asking this at the end of the end of the semester? What is wrong with me?

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    It still holds up pretty well. It isn't like the genre has had a ton of forward movement since it came out. It isn't that old really, pretty much just the Torchlights and Diablo 3 that have come out since release of major competition. Class system is great. Though before putting a ton of time in it I'd say getting the expansion Immortal Throne is a good idea, adds a few conveniences and classes you may want access too. Should be super cheap in winter I bet.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    To make the completion of the Bad Rats LP not simply about avoiding dire consequences, if @anoffday finishes it before noon on Monday, I'll donate $50 to Child's Play.

Now you're REALLY doing it for the kids.

EDIT: In agreement with @iolo, LP can be wrapped up by the beginning of the Holiday Sale in order to trigger my donation.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    This is a good idea.

I'll throw $10 in.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    To make the completion of the Bad Rats LP not simply about avoiding dire consequences, if @anoffday finishes it before noon on Monday, I'll donate $50 to Child's Play.

You have my sword.
    which is probably worth around 5-10 £.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I'll put in $50 as well.

Need to figure out my paypal password though. :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Now if anoffday doesn't finish his LP, he will be literally taking money from sick children.

• Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    Finished Metro. Didn't get the Enlightenend ending, but it looks like the other one is canon in the books and in the sequel Last Light. Great game, great ending(s) (watched the other one on YouTube) and great atmosphere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Metro 2033 free on steam with a facebook account to like them: https://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame?sk=app_395840630491782

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    You guys are monsters. Hilarious monsters.

Is it against the rules to pitch in a level or two for the poor man? Bad Rats has 44 of them, if he plays them all in a stretch he'll probably die.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    But he'll have died for the kids.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Wow 44 levels? Yeah, that has made me move toward the amnesty camp. Maybe there's another terrible game he can play that isn't 44 levels of random unreliable physics.

Maybe X-Com Enforcer?

• Options
    Both are crushing.

We will be ENTERTAINED.

• Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Wow 44 levels? Yeah, that has made me move toward the amnesty camp. Maybe there's another terrible game he can play that isn't 44 levels of random unreliable physics.

Maybe X-Com Enforcer?

X-Com Enforcer... just typing that name is difficult.

"You've just been enforced" is an actual line from that game.

Not joking.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Having not seen or played Bad Rats, I have no idea what's realistic and what's not. All I know is that I'd rather have his suffering go to good use.

If 22 is realistic yet painful (for part 1 of 2 part series) - that is enough for me.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »

Why am I asking this at the end of the end of the semester? What is wrong with me?

Titan Quest is fantastic fun (although if you can shell out for the expansion that also improves the base game as well as well as adding new extras). Yes it is a Diablo "clone" in that it is a point and click hack and slash, but I woudn't say it shares much else with Diablo.

The graphics hold up nicely, the setting is very refreshing, and the class system is honestly the best I have seen (and I don't think has been used anywhere else). The only thing to watch out for is that i think some of the passive aura abilities in death magic are broken so you may want to avoid those.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Khade97 wrote: »
    SkyEye wrote: »

Titan Quest is fantastic fun (although if you can shell out for the expansion that also improves the base game as well as well as adding new extras). Yes it is a Diablo "clone" in that it is a point and click hack and slash, but I woudn't say it shares much else with Diablo.

The graphics hold up nicely, the setting is very refreshing, and the class system is honestly the best I have seen (and I don't think has been used anywhere else). The only thing to watch out for is that i think some of the passive aura abilities in death magic are broken so you may want to avoid those.

Alternatively, use the fan patch because it fixes basically everything that is broken. (Which is honestly kind of a lot of stuff)

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So I noticed @aerynkelly suggest in the previous thread that getting all Bad Rats achievements might not be possible. (I guess you might lose your sanity) I obviously feel compelled to try that later tonight and see if I hate myself enough to try to 100% it.

Isorn on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    The image of GabeN as a super sexy santa is a pretty amazing way to open a thread.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    So I noticed @aerynkelly suggest in the previous thread that getting all Bad Rats achievements might not possible. (I guess you might lose your sanity) I obviously feel compelled to try that later tonight and see if I hate myself enough to try to 100% it.

Isorn, you have so much to live for! Well. Actually. You recently found out the dutch have a sordid history of cannibalism of their prime ministers! Maybe its time to end it all and bad rats is a terrible way to go.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    To be fair, I think it was @Ashe that reminded everyone there was a Bad Rats LP bet. He didn't remember all the details, though, so I just helped him out and dug out all the facts! Believe me, I didn't enjoy it any more than you did, but it had to be done!

@anoffday, I am so terribly sorry.

But think of the children!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Isorn wrote: »
    So I noticed @aerynkelly suggest in the previous thread that getting all Bad Rats achievements might not be possible. (I guess you might lose your sanity) I obviously feel compelled to try that later tonight and see if I hate myself enough to try to 100% it.

Achievements in Bad Rats don't always register, so it may not be possible. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAB1HPdCtQY

From this video:

A4Lhu.png

From my Bad Rats achievement page:

gtp23.png

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Icemopper wrote: »
    The image of GabeN as a super sexy santa is a pretty amazing way to open a thread.

HiT BiT has made Steam thread OPs an embarrassment of riches.

Also, I'm in for a DS game to Child's Play if @anoffday finishes the LP before noon on Monday (Steam time, PST, natch). So that's:

Idx86 for $50
    joshgotro for $10
    Undead Scottsman for $50
    Iolo for DS game

(Copy this bit and add yourself if you want in.)

EDIT: 44 levels? Should we push the deadline back a little bit? How about "Before the winter sale begins."

Also:

signature.png

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I have to back up one of my computers and since my Steam folder is a bloated mess anyway, I was thinking I could drop the entire thing onto my old computer as is.

Would this be feasible? Will all the games still work without having to download everything again?

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    This might be interesting for some people. (like me) So it looks like just owning the game on steam is enough.

http://thesecretworld.com/news/subscription_no_longer_required

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I have to back up one of my computers and since my Steam folder is a bloated mess anyway, I was thinking I could drop the entire thing onto my old computer as is.

Would this be feasible? Will all the games still work without having to download everything again?

You can just copy the steamapps folder over to your other PC's Steam folder. You may have to hit install on each game so that Steam "finds" it. It will act like it is going to dl the game then it will just install it within a few seconds. Also, make sure you copy your save files in your documents folder for any games that aren't cloud saved.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So - I did To the Moon followed immediately by Spec Ops and now I need to figure out what to play next...

The funny part is that while I liked the story of To the Moon, Spec Ops has really stuck with me and I'm still thinking about it this morning.

What amazes me most about Spec Ops is the simple fact that a major publisher put up the money and let it get released as is. I don't think it's spoilerworthy to say Spec Ops does some things with story that are very different from the military genre norm and I think it's just amazing that the were willing to support the title.

Spoiler thoughts
    What also stuck with me was all the set pieces like museums, aquariums, gyms, etc that were constant reminders that you weren't in the middle of a desert or battle field but in a 1st world city that was devastated. Not only were they great looking, but just that feeling that this was a beautiful rich city previously makes the game much more emotional.

The flash backs at the end hint at what you've done just enough to make you start to question just about every chapter and section of the game for little traces of the lost mind you've been playing as.

In conclusion - loved it, I'll be thinking about it for days I'm sure - gotta pick the next title to knock off the backlog.

• Options
    So - I did To the Moon followed immediately by Spec Ops and now I need to figure out what to play next...

Given the first two games on your list, The Walking Dead is next, obviously. :D

This discussion has been closed.