As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans: The gifts (and puzzles) begin to arrive.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Bogey wrote: »
    Speaking of @DrZiplock and grabass, I have an awesome picture of him, @Balefuego, @lostwords, and me in front of the Washington monument. I have this weird expression on my face because he got himself a handful right as the pic was taken. :)

I have but (butt!) one power and this is it. Also, share that damn picture.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    pooka wrote: »
    got brownies in the oven for my beau.

i am thinking i will send banana bread to my satanee, but i've never sent baked goods before. @neville, any advice?

When I baked brownies, I put tin foil over it, wrapped plastic around it and wrapped it up with shipping tape. Pad the fuck out of it when it goes in the box

Shipping is expensive but I opted to go with the 2-day afternoon shipping option with Fedex. I figure I could get away with it still tasting good after a few days (Cilla can attest to that)

The most important thing to remember is to ship it on Monday or Tuesday. If you go for later in the week, there might be the chance that it'll sit in the warehouse over the weekend

Rayze on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I got worried when I saw notifications for me in this thread

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It still tasted wonderful

The edges were chewier than the middle but not to any major degree, and really, that's any brownie 5 hours after creation. For being days in shipping it was phenomenal.

Mine is all gone now. So damn good.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh thank goodness.

I was going through my account and noticed that it was delivered or marked as delivered like two days ago and got worried.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Just dropping in to say that 1pass is fantastic, @Smart Hero. It integrates into iOS better than last pass and the desktop version is on par, I'd say. Gonna keep playing with it to see what else I can squeeze out of it. Thanks again man, it's a great gift.

In related news, I'm on my way down to grab my other present so it'll be in my hot little hands in about 2 hours! Wooo!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    got brownies in the oven for my beau.

i am thinking i will send banana bread to my satanee, but i've never sent baked goods before. @neville, any advice?

I usually use a combination of bubble wrap and tissue paper to insulate it.
    I think for bread like that you'd want to wrap it in tinfoil (as was suggested), then just get a lot in there to insulate it.

Bubblewrap + tissue paper... packing peanuts... anything like that, imo.

Also MAKE them mark it fragile and perishable.
    It seems to help.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    After being tipped off by the UPS man I managed to duck out at work today and get a ride so I could go the my apartment's office and get my mail. No way was I gonna let the suspense build over the weekend.
    satan2-1_zps4013fdf8.jpg
    Something from amazon and fairly heavy too. I waste no time opening it up at work and my, my, Satan has gotten something just for a person like me.
    satan2-2_zps31bf8a0c.jpg
    Cards against Humanity! I've played this online and it's been a riot every time. I knew this was something I wanted the very first time I heard about it. Excellent gift Satan! This makes me sadder than I was that I missed the opportunity to get the holiday pack though. My own fault really. But what's this beneath the box? a note?
    satan2-3_zpsaa29c779.jpg
    More you say? Still concealing your identity you say? I suppose turnabout's fair play.

I do actually have my Satan's name but edited it out of the note in case they don't want it all over the internet. I will say that we both belong to a very special club, the club of people who's initials spell things. As for the cards, after the holidays i'm gonna see about a get together.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    @Sheri

Hooray, the stuff got there!

I'm glad you like it all. The necklace got there way earlier than I expected it to.

green-durian.jpg
    It can be explained after you've tasted the wafer.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh christ

I know what that is

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    They really do taste great

like surprisingly so

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't think so, but to each his own
    to be fair I had it in some weird candy, and then I kept burping and tasting it and ugh

I'd probably be willing to give it another go.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Aww man.

I am using the internet at the Shanghai Airport and like 3/4 of the photos don't show up! I can't see what people got! This is awful!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    They're all just sex toys anyway so you're probably better off.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    NOOOOO now I really want to see!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Aww man.

I am using the internet at the Shanghai Airport and like 3/4 of the photos don't show up! I can't see what people got! This is awful!

Dammit there needs to be a "that really is awful" button

• Options
    Please describe to me in detail every part of all of the photos from the last page.

Possibly include any associated odors or tactile elements.

(It's really boring at the Shanghai Airport so I've got some time to burn.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Well, someone sent me a ballistic nylon sex swing

with surprise hotdog

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOO

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Wait is it the other kind of surprise hot dog

The kind that's actually a wang

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    ... Surprise hotdog?

And that got muddled up and I thought I read ballistic hotdog for a second

• Options
    it'd be funnier as a literal hotdog

just in a ziplock bag, hanging around.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    @Sheri

Hooray, the stuff got there!

I'm glad you like it all. The necklace got there way earlier than I expected it to.

green-durian.jpg
    It can be explained after you've tasted the wafer.

Is that the one that smells like super crazy bad but if you can get past the smell it's delicious?

• Options
    That's the one!

At the airports here they have special displays with pictures of it saying NO NO NO DURIAN ALLOWED

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Also they have a mannequin's crotch wearing underpants and the junk bit is stuffed full of bullets

Which... I mean I guess 'don't do that' is their point

If you were thinking about it

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    That's the one!

At the airports here they have special displays with pictures of it saying NO NO NO DURIAN ALLOWED

Opening a durian is one of the fastest ways to clear a room that I know of. Now I'm morbidly curious about whether a holding area's air conditioning can get rid of that smell, or how long it'd take...

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Okay, so, I'm home from work and opened my mysterious package. It contained the following:

2012-12-22_01-33-25_390.jpg

There was no gift wrap or note or anything, so I have no idea if it came from one of you handsome devils, or from like, my other friends and family.

If it's one of y'all, thanks a ton, if not, well, looks as if I got a mystery to solve.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    These images are huge, I need to make them smaller before I can post this, but I gotta get to sleep. Not tonight I'm afraid.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    But DrZiplock fucking delivered.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    These images are huge, I need to make them smaller before I can post this, but I gotta get to sleep. Not tonight I'm afraid.

The forum software auto-resizes. Post away, without fear!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Aww yuss gifts are here!

Oh shiiii-

Pandemic AND the expansion! I've been keen as mustard to play a board game that wasn't monopoly and now it looks like I have no excuse!

Thanks for the second present @smart hero I'm over the moon with my gifts!

As soon as my image uploader stops being a prick, I'll edit in some pics :D

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    So after finally wrestling some money stuff, I got my satanee's stuff ordered with two-day shipping! However this means they'll get their stuff on the 26th, hopefully the gifts make up for the one day delay.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Justified is a great show.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    All hail and worship @cabsy from the bottom of his heart dude sent me his entire collection of Neo Genesis Evangelion! Including the movie End of Evangelion!
    You are great and amazing <3

Glad it got there ok! My anxiety was all weird after I sent it off without insuring it. Pretty speedy for media mail!

I'm never sure if I should correct people when they use the wrong gender pronoun or just let them be really confused when they meet me in person someday...

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    @Nirya gifted me Dead Island GOTY edition on steam. Thanks @Nirya !

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Hopefully my giftee got their package soon, so nervious!

• Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    Shipped!!!! It's slated to get there by the 4th, as any other faster shipping would require a kidney to afford.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Anyone have any opinions on what the most comfortable computer chair under $200 might be? I'm looking at chairs on Amazon because I'm a prime member, but I'm open to any retailer as long as its in that price range.

Goose! on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    @Sara Lynn omfg OMFG OMFG

post coming soon once I get my phone to stop being a butt!!

• Options
    excitement!

This discussion has been closed.