Options

STEAM | Bravo! Encore! Encore!

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So I bought Awesomenauts and started playing it.

The game itself is a lot of fun. The aesthetic is nice, the soundtrack is amazing, and the gameplay is (while maybe not balanced) hectic and fast paced and almost any hero can contribute.

However, the online system is just atrocious for this type of game (MOBA), primarily because there's basically no penalty for ragequitting and it blatently helps the team that has a ragequitter (it replaces them with a bot, which isn't that useful, but a bot that seems to have a ton of free cash, meaning that if another player drops in, suddenly the losing team has a new guy starting with a ton of free power). The fact it tends to start without full teams on both sides doesn't help.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    "APODionysus is now playing Far Isy 3"

Say what??

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GodofalluGodofallu Oshkosh, WIRegistered User regular
    So, I'm interested in Serious Sam:BFE, but it seems like it's the wrong kinda dumb. The previous Sam's were very silly, and this one seems like it's, ugh, trying to tell a story.

It's a serious sam game. Well what i'm trying to say is it's very similar to the other two. Don't let the occasionalshort cutscene scare you away if you liked the first two.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    "APODionysus is now playing Far Isy 3"

Say what??

My guess is that because Big Isy is so classy, APOD is dedicating his play of Far Cry 3 (which I assumed was gifted by Isy) to him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    ToyD wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    So this terreria game is pretty fun...

please help, I can't stop
    For those now enjoying that gem thanks to the steam sale, keep an eye on Starbound aswell which is the closest thing to a Terraria sequel we'll probably get right now and it's looking pretty fucking amazing.

I... We.... Why would you do this? That looks awesome!

I just watched this video then thought about emailing the devs a photo of my credit card telling them to take what ever they want.
    SteevL wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    bobwoco wrote: »
    On the subject of FTL, is there any point to the
    crystal crew member
    or is it just a cool little random event? I found him once, but he ended up as the only crew member on my ship, then he died in a spectacular disaster.

He's kind of a total badass.

And beating the game with him (IIRC) ...
    unlocks a new ship type

....you can beat the game?

I totally beat it on easy the other day! It was my 31st try.
    55 tries in, I envy you.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure I beat FTL on Easy within about 10 tries, and I haven't picked it up since, which may be a pity.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Dear god, you classy bastards took complete advantage of my being offline for the last several weeks and demolished my wishlist not once, but twice!

Thank you:

@Big Classy for Rise of the Argonauts
    @Minor Incident for Don't Starve
    @Viking for Machinarium
    @kalia for Drakensang Phileasson's Secret and Drakensang The River of Time
    @Auburntiger for the Syberia bundle and Sine Mora
    @BornToHula for SimCity4 and Warhammer 40,000
    @Lord_Snot for Unmechanical and Primordia
    @Isorn for the LucasArts Adventure Pack
    @Cardboard Delusions for Anno 2070
    @Drake for Depths of Peril
    @Buster Blade for Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja and Towns
    @Mercutio87 for The Binding of Isaac
    @Spoit for King's Bounty and Metro 2033
    @Hyperion for Spirits
    @Pierceneck for Mass Effect Collection
    @Psiberian for AVSEQ

<3

Edit: Not content to leave my wishlist alone, @Buster Blade has decimated it for a 3rd time, gifting me Legend: Hand of God, Of Orcs and Men, A New Beginning, and Little Inferno

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I picked up Magicka last night based on the urging of a friend. Is any of the DLC must-have?

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    So I got myself a $20 steam card today and I'm debating how I want to go about using it...

Is I Am Alive any good? Thief collection?

I'm tempted to use to to put towards something bigger, but I'm not sure what. I can either pick up a bunch of small games I would like to have or one big one I'd love to have, later in the sale...

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thief collection is pretty good. I heard mixed reviews of I am alive

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    So I got myself a $20 steam card today and I'm debating how I want to go about using it...

I'm tempted to use to to put towards something bigger, but I'm not sure what. I can either pick up a bunch of small games I would like to have or one big one I'd love to have, later in the sale...
    Soul Reaver? :P

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

Fallen Enchantress

Although if you wanna stick to smaller dollar amounts, you can't go wrong with Tropico 4 and Bastion.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Am I Alive is not really great. Thief is always good. Get To The Moon and Critter Crunch, if you don't have them.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Jesus Anno 2070 does not want you to start liking the game by getting a good feel for it at the very beginning. And Ubisoft wants you to feel icky about the experience by doing the whole uplay thing. Disappointed this cost $20.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    New sig thanks to the link and the power of Suds.
    New freed up game space thanks to Steam Cleaner. (You saved 8554.05 MB)
    New games thanks to another sale attacking me. (Bigger backlog to go with it.)

And last, but most importantly in 2013:
    New attempt to get myself to socialize online more so I can find more people to play games with.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    Jesus Anno 2070 does not want you to start liking the game by getting a good feel for it at the very beginning. And Ubisoft wants you to feel icky about the experience by doing the whole uplay thing. Disappointed this cost $20.

The campaign is really bad about not teaching you what you need to know. Having said that, I'm on mission 3-2 and I love it now. It's starting to introduce combat, which is... Meh to me so far. I'm really liking it as an intricate city builder.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Congrats to @Maz- ! He is going to restore Middle Earth using nothing but blocks!
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Congrats to @Maz- ! He is going to restore Middle Earth using nothing but blocks!
    signature.png

Excellent, thanks a lot!

It's been a while since I played a Lego game (think it was one of the Star Wars ones for the DS) so this'll be a great opportunity to get back into it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I thought @Krummith was pretty classy earlier for gifting me Chantelise. However, I found out today that Chantelise was just the jab to set me up for the uppercut which is Alpha Protocol. All this class has me down for an eight count.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Is any of the DLC for Tropico 4 worth buying?

• Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Striderjg for Hotline Miami!

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    I picked up Magicka last night based on the urging of a friend. Is any of the DLC must-have?
    Vietnam is fun. Most are robes that add fun shills. I like the mega man robes and pc games robes (forget their real names). Nippon robes give you a machine fun.

I've been meaning to pick up Stars are left and the other side of the coin (i think that's the name) as they are story content.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... have you been drinking?

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Ugh I want Fallen Enchantress so bad, but my backlog is so big!

• Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I just received a copy of Sanctum from @bloodatonement
    Because I somehow already own Sanctum, I give bloodatonement the gift of giving Sanctum as a gift to someone else! More gifts!

• Options
    Let us all say a little prayer that AC3 goes on sale one more time. And maybe even Far Cry 3.

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Is any of the DLC for Tropico 4 worth buying?

Yes, it expands the building quite nicely into the modern era. You can certainly play through without it and then you'll appreciate it come Summer Sale if you want.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SvK wrote: »
    I just received a copy of Sanctum from @bloodatonement
    Because I somehow already own Sanctum, I give bloodatonement the gift of giving Sanctum as a gift to someone else! More gifts!

I think you won 3 copies way back when (2 for gifting). Anyway, no one on my friends list wants Sanctum, so there are no immediate ninja gifting victims, so I'll do a friends pack. Both copies to one person so they can play with a friend.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Hotline Miami is not easy. At least the 4th level isnt for me.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Dear Every Game in my Library that Isn't FTL,

Sorry.

Sincerely,
    LiLo

• Options
    And @striderjg ninja'd me Star Are Left for Magika. I shall chain-fire-lightening many monsters in your honor.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @stolls sent me Dragon Age. I eagerly anticipate exploring one of my murderous origins and bathing in the blood of my enemies.....I think city elf.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    So I bought Awesomenauts and started playing it.

The game itself is a lot of fun. The aesthetic is nice, the soundtrack is amazing, and the gameplay is (while maybe not balanced) hectic and fast paced and almost any hero can contribute.

However, the online system is just atrocious for this type of game (MOBA), primarily because there's basically no penalty for ragequitting and it blatently helps the team that has a ragequitter (it replaces them with a bot, which isn't that useful, but a bot that seems to have a ton of free cash, meaning that if another player drops in, suddenly the losing team has a new guy starting with a ton of free power). The fact it tends to start without full teams on both sides doesn't help.

I prefer it to seeing decent players get punished for having a ragequitter on their team, whether it's my team or not. I always feel bad in SMNC when I realize the other team is down a player or two. And how else would you balance the drop in multiplayer? A player arriving in a match that's in progress needs to be able to compete, and I've never felt like I was overpowered when dropping into a match in progress. Sure these kinds of things may make Awesomenauts more "casual" or something but fuck, that's GREAT. Not every MOBA needs to be the ultimate in online competition.

So yeah, saying the online system is atrocious is a bit overboard, beyond typical PA G&T hyperbole. Awesomenauts is fucking great fun, a MOBA that's pick up and play. And the way they handle droppers and allow players to join matches already in progress is a big part of it's pick up and play appeal.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Came home to find that @Psiberian had snuck a copy of Avseq into my inbox. How sneakily classy!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hey guys LEGO Lord of the Rings is pretty damn awesome.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Another big thanks to @Karoz for gifting me Miami Hotline. <3 So much class around here.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »

Soul Reaver? :P

As someone playing through Soul Reaver right now

it's a game with wonderful writing, plot, and atmosphere, wrapped inside of a very mediocre game with an infuriating camera and some response issues.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    So I have to stop playing X-Com. I was taking a dog for the walk and every right angle on a building dropped me into some kind of war flashback, trying to pick cover so I could overlap fire arcs.

• Options
    ThendashThendash Registered User regular
    @Striderjg is a classy gentleman, he gave me Hotline Miami!

• Options
    ArasenArasen Registered User regular
    How good or bad it Kotor II? I've heard everything from it's rubbish to great.

[SIGPIC]steam_sig.png[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.