As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Operation Group RAGE] Star Wars [Mini]series: [Phalla] Squadron - RAGE/MALICE Victory!

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    hey trv what are you?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yeah, the extra movement hex is my ability. I'm called a Wing Leader. I didn't realize each person got their own special ability.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    KetBra wrote: »
    hey trv what are you?
    Negative, he is a meat Popsicle.
    79400191772892581.jpg
    Assuran wrote: »
    Yeah, the extra movement hex is my ability. I'm called a Wing Leader. I didn't realize each person got their own special ability.
    Most of us dont. :rotate:

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Ah, I just thought all the Tie Fighter squads had that ability.

So yeah, I guess I should be put near other ships.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I am overly cautious is what I am

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I am the rebels.

Wait, shit.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Oh, not everybody with that ship type have those abilities? ;>_>

Well, I guess I'm super bomber destroyer then. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    DAY 1 - Lasers Free

Pilots shifted nervously in their cockpits. Their refused flank strategy had been decided in the pre-flight briefing and by everyone's calculations they should be approaching their enemy anytime.

Then the comms lit up.

"Star Destroyer Litany of Hate, this is Bacon 1 we have contacts. Quick count only shows half of their force. mission to engage."

"Permission granted," Admiral DeathScythe sat down and thought, where is the other half of their fleet?

Day1a_zps5c758380.png

Day 1 ends at 10pm MST on Saturday. Vote to remove someone from the game with a red vote

All actions should be submitted in the same PM that you received your role.

REMEMBER, NO COMMUNICATION OUTSIDE THIS THREAD

Status PMs are going out now

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    I am the rebels.

Wait, shit.
    Fuckin' knew it.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I suggest we eat this half very quickly.

Gobble it all up.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    munch munch munch

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Stacked on the bottom instead of in echelon, most of their units on the bottom... didn't must of us say stacked wouldn't be good? :(

Silly Admiral. ;>_>

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    3 + 2 = 5. Guessing the interceptors and the TIE/ADs. Meaning their fighters and bombers could not get farther away.

• Options
    I mean, the good news? They are fucked if we can chew through these guys quick.

• Options
    And because we stacked on the bottom instead of spreading them out in echelon, we're farther away from them to be able to intercept.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I mean, the good news? They are fucked if we can chew through these guys quick.

Well, hopefully we can. We don't know for sure which of their units they went top with. Also, some of our guys we have out on the front line are turned facing down away from the group of TIEs right in front of their faces (and out of their firing arc).

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    yeah I think what we want to do is march forward and have the bombers fire into the dead zone in the middle between our force and their south wing

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Okay, well, I'm in G15 facing east.

My bonus should be given to the units in F15, F16, and H16.

I can easily reach and engage our enemies if that is what you want.

• Options
    yeah I think what we want to do is march forward and have the bombers fire into the dead zone in the middle between our force and their south wing
    You're seriously advocating that we shoot at nothing?

• Options
    yes, the cluster missiles take a turn to arrive

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    jdarksun wrote: »
    You're seriously advocating that we shoot at nothing?

He's advocating something that's not possible, what with movement coming after attacking in the order of operations.

Which is the same reason the units in the front line that are turned away from the enemy are rather unfortunately positioned. :(

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    bottom bomber should be able to fire, and middle bomber can fire into the group in front

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    we want to think about where they will be next turn, not this turn

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    All PMs are out. If you did not get one please let me know

• Options
    It seems I am I16E, the furthest SE of the entire formation.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    yes, the cluster missiles take a turn to arrive
    Would you mind explaining further? I can't suggest good strategy with all these damn holes.

• Options
    Cluster missiles may be shot in launch formation at a space 3-5 hexes away. Next turn, the explode and do 3 damage to squads in target hex and 1 damage to surrounding hexes.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    They also have a cooldown of 1 turn

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    This is what I'm imagining. Again, keep in mind these detonate next turn.

9zdNR.png

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Also, doesn't the fighter in sector F16 have a shot?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm in F15 facing East. All of the enemy is out of range of my lasers, but I can try to hit the guy in F19 with a concussion missile to do a point of damage and drop his engines to once. I'll use Launch to run my initiative up to 7, then can run straight out forward to tie either that guy up or the guy behind him if one of the ships in front of me can kill him.

I wouldn't sweat that we're a bit out of formation at the moment. Bombers are slow, even assuming they have a speed boost like we do in Assuran, so our interceptors on the bottom can turn and use Speed to rush down there and have them well within range next turn.

Can you please confirm order of operations is Formation, Attack, Movement?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Also, whoever is in front of me should get +1 if using lasers this turn.

• Options
    I'm going to display likely enemy cluster bomb placements in a bit

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Can't you hit within four with lasers?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    I'm in F15 facing East. All of the enemy is out of range of my lasers, but I can try to hit the guy in F19 with a concussion missile to do a point of damage and drop his engines to once. I'll use Launch to run my initiative up to 7, then can run straight out forward to tie either that guy up or the guy behind him if one of the ships in front of me can kill him.

I wouldn't sweat that we're a bit out of formation at the moment. Bombers are slow, even assuming they have a speed boost like we do in Assuran, so our interceptors on the bottom can turn and use Speed to rush down there and have them well within range next turn.

Can you please confirm order of operations is Formation, Attack, Movement?

Vote->Tactical/Formations->Attack->Movement->Results->Comm Channels

• Options
    If I was the other team, I would try to get the guys closest to us to furball us up while the ships on the bottom close in an take potshots.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    possible enemy cluster bomb locations:

D7cA2.png

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    If no one else minds, I'd like to fire at the ship in G19, then move to H18, ending by facing east. This avoids any AoEs and allows me to move to cut off either reinforcements or provides us a flanking option.

That said, if you consider my speed bonus to valuable, I'm willing to fire and then move off in a vector to rendevous with our bombers to give them a speed bonus.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Looks like we should start a giant furball of DOOM to crush them before the southern half is able to move in.

Or would it make more sense for our Interceptors to rush straight east in Speed formation in an attempt to hit them in the rear? They should be able to move 5 hexes assuming the fraction from +50% is rounded up.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    F14E here.

Edit: also hosting a game of Twilight Imperium at my place today. You will have to do without my brilliant* tactical analysis until eveningtime, though I will be back on before CoV.

*hah!

GrimmyTOA on