As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ogre Battle: [Mini-Phalla] of a Lordly Calibur - MAFIA and Pumpkinhead Victory!

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    I figured as much. I'm just so sad I died so quick in that game >.<

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Uh, seriously, anything either of you want to say before you die? I think you are tied.

I'm a vanillager, nothing else important to share.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DAAAAAMN YOU TIED VOOOOTE

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I was a Revolutionary Fencer (a vig). A full one, not an odd/even one. Here's hoping you guys have another.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Invictus wrote: »
    Uh, seriously, anything either of you want to say before you die? I think you are tied.

I'm a vanillager, nothing else important to share.
    Except that you're secretly a death thrall and also a bomb.

I'm right, aren't I? :P

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    We just can't have nice things apparently.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Are we sure its tied? It looks like kilnaga is still up by 1 (not that thats any better) unless I'm not seeing a vote

ugh stupid phone

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I was a Revolutionary Fencer (a vig). A full one, not an odd/even one. Here's hoping you guys have another.
    If you had told me that, I would have campaigned for you instead of just being around to shift the vote if it became necessary.

Which, you know. I should have been diligent about anyway, but I thought things were fine at 10:57. :|

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Are we sure its tied? It looks like kilnaga is still up by 1 (not that thats any better) unless I'm not seeing a vote (not that thats any better)

It's 7 kime - 6 kilnaga at the last count. You, Anialos, and T A all vote for kilnaga, moving off of irrelevant votes. 9-7. I see my last PM from kilnaga and see it's very close to time, so I change my vote rapidly. I currently was voting for kilnaga, so I change from kilnaga to kime. 8-8.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If you had told me that, I would have campaigned for you instead of just being around to shift the vote if it became necessary.

Which, you know. I should have been diligent about anyway, but I thought things were fine at 10:57. :|

So did I. I would have just epic revealed to save myself, but with no time left in the day to make sure the guard was awake and paying attention, it just would have resulted in death by mafia instead of by vote.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

So did I. I would have just epic revealed to save myself, but with no time left in the day to make sure the guard was awake and paying attention, it just would have resulted in death by mafia instead of by vote.

Which would be better

Steam profile
  • Options
    Still dying is not better, its just as bad. That, of course, is not taking into account the fact the vote is tied. Tied votes are worse.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    That was dumb, y'all. So very dumb. And my XCOM game just crashed. Sigh.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Day 1

Hugo’s Journal, Deus 15:

When we first arrived in Tubulk, the town seemed empty, almost deserted. Some of the buildings looked heavily damaged, with windows and doors broken and busted. Usually you can find some beggars on the road, but there wasn’t anyone to be found. Had they all left?

As we approached the town square, Jdarksun heard a woman wailing in pain from inside the tavern. He ran ahead inside to building help, then the door slammed behind him immediately. Next thing we knew, the whole tavern exploded into flame. We never saw Jdarksun again nor found his body.

It was clear that the explosion was a trap set by the Central Division. Right after the explosion they started charging us. We had no choice except to retreat to the outskirts of town.After the battle, Kime’s Army argued over how they fell into an ambush. They accused both Kime and Kilnaga of intentionally leading them into this trap, a clear Lodis plot. Before they could make their case, they were run through.

I heard an interesting story from one of my hawkmen scouts. Apparently, there had been a servant of the underworld trying to corrupt our battalion by offering cursed fruit of some sort. Apparently, her goal was to corrupt our entire unit and turn them all into servant’s of the underworld, given enough time. A scary thought, but that isn’t the end of it.

An odd gentlemen with a pumpkin for a head wandered out of the woods, and punted his own head at the old hag. This tactic confused the hag long enough for her to try her own recipe, and her frail body couldn’t take it. Afterwards, the pumpkin man picked up his head, put it back on his shoulders, and disappeared back into the woods. All observers were confused and horrified.

Anyways, tomorrow we will work to secure Tubulk and locate more sympathizers. The Central Division still holds in this town, and Lodis infiltrators among us. Hopefully tomorrow’s entry reports more success.

-Hugo

The Dead
    Kime - Revolutionary Soldier - Executed by Kime’s Army
    Kilnaga - Fencer(Vig) - Executed by Kime’s Army
    Jdarksun - A pile of ashes
    Jaysonfour - Old Hag - couldn’t take her own medicine

Leaving The Game Victorious!
    Trust - Pumpkinhead

Inactivus Warning: Warban

There are a few PM’s that need to go out. Day 2 will begin as soon as I post a message confirming that those have been sent. Vote close will be tomorrow at 11PM EST/8 PST.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Whoops too slow

OOOOOoooooOOOOO

Buh bye

OOOOOOooooOOOOOOO

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    well that looks like a pretty shitty day all together, only plus is losing a neutral over a villager but that isn't much from the looks of it.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Necessary PMs are out. Day 2 Commences!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    T_A for starting that shitstorm 3 minutes prior to vote close

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I'm so confused. Pumpkins? Old hags? Was one of them the legendary Deneb? I HAVE NO CLUE

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Invictus for vote tying? I'm sure we can come up with something better though.

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    Invictus for vote tying? I'm sure we can come up with something better though.

I'm really sorry about that. I voted before I knew of any of the other votes; I had PMed Kilnaga at 10:50 to see if he had any info that would make me change my vote, and we went back and forth a little, and his last message convinced me that he was worth keeping around. He apparently had been talking to, or about, some circus neutral people, details of which he wanted to confirm before he said much.

Point is, I was convinced, looked down at my clock, said 'oh shit' and immediately voted without reloading the page to see what else had happened.

• Options
    OK, so. The only plus side is we learned that neither kime or Kilnaga was from the infiltrators. That means the last minute shenanigans were either:

1) clueless villagers doing dumb things
    2) mafias trying to tie the vote and stealing an extra kill

From that perspective, Invictus is a person to look at, as he literally tied it at the last possible second. I feel like the mafias should know that with both of them being innocents, they should just stay out of the way and let the village focus on those two bandwagons while they merrily pick off smart players (like jdark). It's entirely possible an earlier kime vote is villainous though. And actually I think the start of the kime wagon (it was quick, 3 votes in 15 minutes, early on day 1) is a place to look. Day 1ing kime is a meme and an easy way for the mafia to escape day one safely. That's Rawkking, Kaplar, and vagrant. I haven't played much with Kaplar, but I know Rawkking and vagrant are smart and thus a jdark kill fits this narrative.

I choose Rawkking Goodguy for now.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Actually, by my count if Invictus' vote counted for kime, it should be 9-7 kime.

Who did Invictus vote for, @Zombie Hero?

Alternately, do votes made at exactly 11:00 according to the forum count?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Invictus for making excuses.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    I don't think there's much to glean from what Invictus did.

If he's village, of course he'd try to save Kilnaga because duh.

If he's mafia, he has to be telling the truth about the PM, otherwise he could have freely let Kilnaga hang. Since he did get the PM his hands were tied, because if he didn't switch, Kilnaga might have outed him for not switching to kime.

• Options
    Also, obviously, my logic is assuming the mafia kill wasn't blocked and the jdark thing is something entirely different. But the narration attributes it to Central Division, so I think it's a safe assumption.

• Options

If he's mafia, he has to be telling the truth about the PM, otherwise he could have freely let Kilnaga hang. Since he did get the PM his hands were tied, because if he didn't switch, Kilnaga might have outed him for not switching to kime.

So how do you know Kilnaga got any PMs? I don't see any proof besides the word of an excuse making Rabbler rouser.

• Options
    Well, Kilnaga was definitely soft networking in this game. He PMed me, but I didn't have much of interest to share and I don't like day one soft networks, so it was a boring conversation.

• Options

So how do you know Kilnaga got any PMs? I don't see any proof besides the word of an excuse making Rabbler rouser.
    It's a little thing I like to call "deduction".

• Options
    He got his vote in so late that he could be lying about it and we'd never know. It's a safe assumption though I guess.

• Options
    I really don't see how I am more suspicious after my explanations. No one is saying that what I say happened couldn't have happened, so it's at least possible Kilnaga convinced me not to vote for him. And if that's what happened, well, it turns out that a villager did something craaazy suspicious. Should that village then not offer the explanation?

Why does my offering excuses make me more likely to be mafia, ignoring the prejudicial language?

• Options
    Precisely. I'm not even sure why this needs to be debated, since it would be amazingly dumb for Invictus to be lying about anything here, regardless of alignment.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Sorry zombie, but I'm gonna have to Withdraw

• Options
    edited January 2013
    For right now, I'm of the opinion that Invictus just had poor timing for his vote.

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I don't know Invictus well but I assume he or his buddies would know tieing the vote would draw too much attention, even if you get an extra kill in return it's not worth the risk. And a single vote, no text or whatever, right at deadline without any warning is ridiculously bold

or maybe that's what he wants me to think.

• Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAA!

*breathe*

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    !Invictus

Sorry about yesterday.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options