Options

[Mini]Batman: The Animated Phalla: Village Victory!

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    At first I was confused and thought Kilnaga didn't vote day 4 - had to dig back and find it.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Player votes by day
    player: (day 1 vote(s), day 2 vote(s),...)

Megafrost SeGaTai: (Mikey CTS, BradicusMaximus, GrimmyTOA, chamberlain, Locus)
    Iron Weasel: (CesareB, enlightenedbum, Smasher, Assuran, Locus)
    I needed a name to post.: (mi-go hunter, premium, premium, chamberlain kime, Assuran mi-go hunter)
    Invictus: (MrTLicious, enlightenedbum, Smasher, Locus, Locus)
    BradicusMaximus: (enlightenedbum, enlightenedbum, retaba, locus, mi-go hunter)
    Kilnaga: (kime, premium, chamberlain, chamberlain, mi-go hunter)
    Gizzy: (chamberlain, MrTLicious, chamberlain, chamberlain, mi-go hunter)
    Mikey CTS: (Baidol Invictus, enlightenedbum, retaba, Locus, Locus)
    Locus: (premium, Baidol, GrimmyTOA, Mill, Baidol)
    Smasher: (Invictus, Assuran, INANTP, Assuran, mi-go hunter)

I didn't bother with day 6 because of the call. Let me know if I mixed your vote up.

Smasher on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Tentatively placing my vote on Invictus!

A slightly evasive vote history, and avoiding doing a bunch of analysis!

Well, dis is fair, given what I've done so far. So let me see what I can find.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Invictus has been pretty quiet. He lives to do analysis.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Missing my vote for Mill after GrimmyTOA, and Assuran and Baidol should be switched.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    My opinion is that Locus had too many votes on him day 5, including Assuran, to be mafia!
    Hmm, looking back at the votes, you may be right. I'll review the vote records and re-evaluate my decision.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Going with Invictus.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Invictus

• Options
    Locus wrote: »
    Missing my vote for Mill after GrimmyTOA, and Assuran and Baidol should be switched.
    Fixed (I didn't do day 6 which is why Assuran isn't there now; I'd mixed up him with Mill).

• Options
    I think I'll stay clear of the bandwagon for now.

Now that I look back, kilnaga has just been kinda skating along, keeping a low profile and being generally shady.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Well .. I dunno .. Kilnaga

• Options
    Locus's participation in this phalla:

Weird Baidol thing early.

Several days of minimal participation.

Participation has been weird this game, I bet at least partially because of the Super Bowl, so I don't think that's too important. What else has he done?

He /has/ offered some tidbits of analysis.

That last tidbit involves the Mill vote, for vague reasons ("He's been hovering around in secondary and tertiary bandwagons for the first three days, which is a nice place for mafia to hide. Also kind of hitting that sweet spot between being too active and not being active enough.").

So here's the story Locus is telling us. Early, he's inactive except for jumping with both feet on Baidol for some small things I still can't make sense of. He sticks around, has one night where he is saved from the vote at the last minute and another where he is one of three major bandwagons, and makes a random vote for vague reasons that just happens to snipe a mafia that had no reason to die. Let's be clear, the reasons he offers for voting for Mill are the kinds of things that are reasons without reasoning. In particular "hovering around secondary and tertiary bandwagons" strikes me as reasoning you could, perhaps to its benefit, replace with any set of voting records you like. If Mill had been in the major bandwagons, Locus could've said that was suspicious; if he'd just done throw-away votes off by himself, he could've said that was suspicious. The reasoning he offers for voting for Mill is basically: look at whatever Mill's done, and say that it's suspicious. It's almost cartoonishly phalla "whatever you do is suspicious."

Here is Locus's defense of himself.

[quote="Locus;25699905"
    I will just point out that every vote I have made (except for Day 1) has been to help the village.

Day 2 I was one of the first people to vote with an actual reason for my vote. That I didn't jump on one of the bandwagons that later formed should not be a strike against me.

Day 3 I was attempting to help avoid a tie. Unless you think retaba was a mafia and I was trying to save him, which makes zero sense since he was in third and well behind GrimmyTOA (not to mention chamberlain) by the time I placed my vote.

Day 4 I basically did the same thing as Day 2, except with Mill. Turns out I was right that time, which was nice vindication, but I did not expect to be vindicated so soon.[/quote]

So his defense is that, first, he's been trying to help the village, which, as kime called him out on immediately, gets him no points. The mafia should be able to plausibly say this about their patterns as well. His second defense was that he had reasons for his vote. Well, his reasons to vote Baidol were that Baidol did a thing that a mafia could point to as a credibility-builder. But a villager could've done the same thing, because it was good for the village. His reasons to vote Mill are utterly nondescript, as discussed above. And he was attempting to help avoid a tie. Avoiding ties are great, but they are also a thing mafia can do to build credibility because rarely is it the case that enough shenanigans goes on that a tie actually ends up happening, so I don't really see this as making him less likely to be mafia.

Last, there's the fact that he had a lot of votes one day that a mafia was also nearly voted out, and one of those votes was mafia. But here's the thing about that vote. Take a look at it: the end of that vote is here. Five people voted in the last half-hour of that vote, and several others who didn't vote were present in the thread. None of those votes were for Assuran. Assuran was not actually threatened at the end of that voting period, and even if he were, a bunch of people, some of them assuredly mafia, were present to change their votes if necessary. Now, mi-go fell on his sword, and assuran had even lost significant momentum before then, so we didn't get to see what the ending of that vote would've been like. But I don't see how the way that vote actually went down exonerates Locus.

So I vote Locus. And this took me a long time to do, and the thought of rewriting it in Victorian makes me nearly ill, so I'll it with a "Cor! Blimey!"

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This is your half hour vote/order reminder.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Sorry for always being last minute, shitty day.

locus

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I hope I'm not making a huge mistake, but my gut tells me Invictus.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    wow.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    wow.

OOOOooooOOOOooooOOOO

?

OOOOooooOOOOooooOOOO

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    "Wow, I can't believe this game is going on another day!"?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    "Wow, I can't believe those morons managed a host victory!"? D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Really sorry guys. I've been sick as shit all day, this is the first time I've actually gotten on :\

• Options
    Hope you feel better soon Brad.

Did the mafia and cult somehow kill each other off?

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    THE AWLMASTER IS HUNGRY AND WISHES TO GO TO THE KITCHEN WHILE DRUNK ON RED WINE.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    THE AWLMASTER IS HUNGRY AND WISHES TO GO TO THE KITCHEN WHILE DRUNK ON RED WINE.

Quoting for posterity!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    AWLMASTER MAY HAVE GOTTEN AHEAD OF THE GAME CONCERNING THE WINE.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay. Narration shortly.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Day Seven:

Count Vertigo could not believe when the police arrived at his lair. He targeted them with his eyepiece, he shot at them with guns, he turned to flee, but the Gotham city police were inexorable. In the end, even his loyal minions provided evidence leading to his capture. Invictus just threw back his head and let loose a hideous laugh that shook the confidence of everyone in earshot. In the end it didn’t matter at all. He had the drill, he had everything. He continued his laughing at the police and their foolish efforts. After securing him in the police car, they immediately drove away, not even looking for the Drill.

The police, not knowing the drill was nearby, drove back into Gotham, elated at the capture of the leader of the sinister band that had been terrorizing Gotham that week. They wondered if Commissioner Gordon or Detective Bullock would recover from their injuries.

As the police left, the remaining members of the Society of Shadows breathed a sigh of relief. They quickly uncovered the drill from where it lay hidden. The Loyal Minions of the Society of Shadows refueled the plane, and made the final preparations. Segatai lifted the drill in his hands, reflecting on the amount of lives that had been snuffed to acquire it. The power it would bring to their band was incalculable. He wondered how much the true master would reward him if he switched sides. He looked over at his associate and wondered if she would turn him in.

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a loud noise and a sudden intense second of pain, and then he fell to the ground and dropped the drill.

A white gloved hand picked up the drill and dusted it off. The man was dressed very oddly, wearing an oversized purple coat, a green undershirt, and a large top hat. Flanking him were a man dressed as a duck in livery, and a man dressed as a white rabbit in livery. Cards were tucked into the masks of their costumes. The Mad Hatter smiled and clapped.

“That was a little too close my friends. Quickly now, lets clean up the rest of this mess and get back to our city.”

The duck and white rabbit charged at Gizzy while she pulled a gun out and opened fire. The duck and white rabbit would have breathed a sigh of relief if they were conscious as Gizzy missed them both. This wasn’t because Gizzy was a bad shot, it was because they weren’t the target.

Smasher dropped the Drill as several rounds of ammunition hit his arms. He collapsed to the ground screaming, quickly passing out from the pain and blood loss.

At the same time as this was occurring, the white rabbit was busy smashing Gizzy in the face with a croquet mallet. Gizzy screamed, and fell to the ground.

A Loyal Minion picked up Smasher’s rifle and the drill. Holding one in each hand he smiled and laughed.

Hearing the noise, the duck turned and ran back to his master’s body, swinging the poleaxe wildly. This was too much for the poor minion who broke and ran. When he heard the approaching police sirens he ran even faster.

The police arrived on the scene for the second time and were startled to see the church's gristly transformation. Two oddly costumed men spattered with blood standing amidst a collection of the dead and dying, with a pile of gadgets near them. The officers exchanged glances and went to work. An ambulance was called in, as the police slowly approached the men who only blinked as the officers drew close.

When the men refused to answer the police pulled off their masks. This broke the mad hatter's control and the duck and white rabbit abruptly became conscious and disturbed. The officers helped the poor people into the closest car and returned them to their homes.

Hours later the ambulances and police cars pulled away. The Society of Shadows knew what they needed to do. Could they still pull it off?

The Dead:
    Invictus - Count Vertigo - Brought in for Questioning.
    Segatai - Loyal Minion of the Society of Shadows - Shot with a high-powered rifle.
    Gizzy - Loyal Minion of the Society of Shadows - Killed by a white rabbit.
    Smasher - The Mad Hatter - Killed by The Society of Shadows.

Day 8 is go.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2013
    oooOOOoooOOooOOoo

So close!

T village:
    tumblr_m3d7mvzirS1qgyydjo1_500.png

OOOooOoOoOooOOooO

Smasher on
  • Options
    Hey, hi, how y'all doin'!

As you may have noticed, the narration explicitly mentions that the Mad Hatter's control has been broken! What does this mean? This means that Kilnaga and I are no longer in a cult! We're village again!

Here's a fun fact though: I was never supposed to be in the cult! Mill was! But he couldn't be converted! That's why we killed him!

As such, it's a logical assumption that Kilnaga and I literally cannot be mafia!

Locus is almost definitely not mafia due to being a competing wagon against both Assuran and today Invictus!

That leaves Mikey CTS and Bradicus Maximus!

Please tell us why you should live!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh right I forgot Iron Weasel's in this game too!

You can beg for your life as well!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OOooOOOOoooo

Well, uh, that was supposed to go a little differently.

OooOOOoOooOO

• Options
    Hey, hi, how y'all doin'!

As you may have noticed, the narration explicitly mentions that the Mad Hatter's control has been broken! What does this mean? This means that Kilnaga and I are no longer in a cult! We're village again!

Here's a fun fact though: I was never supposed to be in the cult! Mill was! But he couldn't be converted! That's why we killed him!

As such, it's a logical assumption that Kilnaga and I literally cannot be mafia!

Locus is almost definitely not mafia due to being a competing wagon against both Assuran and today Invictus!

That leaves Mikey CTS and Bradicus Maximus!

Please tell us why you should live!
    I'm sleep deprived, so can you please run me through how Mill being immune to conversion logically flows into you and kilnaga literally not being mafia? Cause I definitely don't follow.

That said, I do accept your reasoning on Locus. Sorry for voting for you, dude. I had some bad info.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    A history of the conversions (based on narrations):

Night One: nothing?
    Night 2: either INANTP or kilnaga (presumably).
    Night 3: Missed target (going off of "A walking man approached a standing man, but when he reached his target he found no one was there..."). If INANTP is telling the truth, this would be Mill since he died the next night.
    Night 4: the other of INANTP or kilnaga.
    Night 5: Nothing? Not sure what happened here.
    Night 6: Nothing again.

If either kilnaga or INANTP was mafia, they would have been able to reveal to smasher who the remaining mafia were (unless the mechanics prevented them from doing so, but I think this is unlikely). Thus they would have started to wipe out the mafia on Night 5, not Night 7.

So, while it's not 100% confirmed that INANTP and kilnaga are villagers, I think it is a reasonable assumption to make at this juncture. At the very least, I think we are better off looking at other targets for the remaining mafia.

• Options
    We've accounted for 5 mafia so far, so we're assuming there's one left, right?

Hmm, for now, I'm going to vote for Mikey CTS. He has been keen to see Locus dead, which at this point is suspicious.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Of the three of us, I've been the only one actively involved. Maybe I've been wrong, but that at least is still participating. IW has never posted vote counts before, but he did for one and Langly CYOA phalla, in which he turned out to be mafia. Bradicus on the other hand hasn't contributed this entire game and based on the dead mafia, their game plan seems to have been to lay low.

I'm going with BradicusMaximus.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Of the three of us, I've been the only one actively involved. Maybe I've been wrong, but that at least is still participating. IW has never posted vote counts before, but he did for this one and Langly CYOA phalla, in which he turned out to be mafia. Bradicus on the other hand hasn't contributed this entire game and based on the dead mafia, their game plan seems to have been to lay low.

I'm going with BradicusMaximus.
    This is a fair observation that deserves a reply: I originally cooked up a vote record when jdark asked me to, pleading that he was too busy at the time. Then I found that I kind of enjoyed doing it.

That said: I'm a Citizen in this game. The CYOA was the first time I got to be mafia, and I figured that since I had started doing vote records here, I would continue to do so in that game as well since people tend to appreciate records and it might make people less inclined to suspect me. Not that it was any defense against the AWL, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't know if it's considered appropriate to compare seperate games like that, but I thought I'd give a complete answer, since Mikey brought it up.

Also, Mikey makes an interesting point about Bradicus' activity compared to that of the other confirmed mafia. Hmm.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Of the three of us, I've been the only one actively involved. Maybe I've been wrong, but that at least is still participating. IW has never posted vote counts before, but he did for one and Langly CYOA phalla, in which he turned out to be mafia. Bradicus on the other hand hasn't contributed this entire game and based on the dead mafia, their game plan seems to have been to lay low.

I'm going with BradicusMaximus

Posting a vote count counts as activity? Cause I posted at least one. Not that that's a very sound argument to begin with, but..

If we're going by vote records, all three of us have had some really bad voting. I'd actually say kilnaga had the worst but I guess we're to believe he's on the straight and narrow now?

• Options
    This has to be the least entertaining "beg for your lives" I've ever seen.
    Locus wrote: »
    A history of the conversions (based on narrations):

Night One: nothing?
    Night 2: either INANTP or kilnaga (presumably).
    Night 3: Missed target (going off of "A walking man approached a standing man, but when he reached his target he found no one was there..."). If INANTP is telling the truth, this would be Mill since he died the next night.
    Night 4: the other of INANTP or kilnaga.
    Night 5: Nothing? Not sure what happened here.
    Night 6: Nothing again.

If either kilnaga or INANTP was mafia, they would have been able to reveal to smasher who the remaining mafia were (unless the mechanics prevented them from doing so, but I think this is unlikely). Thus they would have started to wipe out the mafia on Night 5, not Night 7.

So, while it's not 100% confirmed that INANTP and kilnaga are villagers, I think it is a reasonable assumption to make at this juncture. At the very least, I think we are better off looking at other targets for the remaining mafia.

Smasher could only have 2 converted goons. He didn't even try converting somebody the first night because, not knowing how bloody the game was going to be, he didn't want to risk his convert being killed right off the bat. I was the "well dressed man" converted on night 2 (more on that in a minute). Night 3 Smasher targeted Mill for conversion, and it didn't work. We killed Mill for this reason (more specifically, I quacked him... heh, duck jokes). INANTP was converted next. After that, there were no more conversions because Smasher didn't have any more.

We actually were not allowed to reveal anything to Smasher concerning what our previous roles were or knowledge we had gained to that point from conversations with people, so there is still potential for fuckmuppetry, but I think had we been privy to the names of the mafia, we would have wiped them out a lot sooner, instead of wasting time hitting villagers or using fancy devices we picked up (without knowing what they hell they would do).

More on the "well dressed man" bit. I am Lucius Fox, CEO of Wayne Enterprises. If any other Wayne Enterprises employees are somehow still around, I would very much like to see you in my office.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Day 8

Even when he plays at ignorance, Lord Death Man knows exactly what is going on! Sometimes he attempts to deceive everyone to see if anything more interesting can be gained, like a catman playing with its prey!

But no one escapes from Lord Death Man! When Lord Death Man says the Society of Shadows will die...

They will die!

BradicusMaximus - The Last Mafia - Killed by LORD DEATH MAN

INANTP (Lord Death Man) is the best.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    We're just fucking with y'all we totally know who the mafia is we stole the drill from him yesterday!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bye, bye, Bradicus

- Terence McKenna