As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ster Sunday

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    clearly they shut it down because i discovered that exploit

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    It's kind of surprising I'm going to get paid to be a grad TA.

I don't know how they let a native English speaker slip through the cracks.

pretty much all TAs get paid.

it's the breadcrumbs academia throws at grad students to trick them into going further into the beast.

Again why where I did my PhD is shit - I got fuck all teaching and so have a hard enough time competing against those with three years of TAing, let alone people who have already had Teaching Fellow or Lecturer positions.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    man where's "Regina Fong" been lately? should we send out an internet search party? after all, he could be a cute white woman in distress (masquerading as a gay dude to avoid unwanted attention obvs)

@Sir Landshark

As I am occasionally wont to do when I become wildly obsessed with a particular video game, I transition most of my idle foruming to the appropriate G&T thread (as is the case currently with Mass Effect 3).

This is why I haven't been posting in chat much. I assumed you all were basically sick of me chattering on about ME3.

I could read bitching about the ME3 ending till the end of time

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

it's the breadcrumbs academia throws at grad students to trick them into going further into the beast.

I know that. The second half of my post is why I'm surprised. :-P

I guess I'm missing the joke?

EXPLAIN IT TO ME

EX PLAIN

EX PLAIN

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    *looks for victims*

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Listening to that song.
    Da best.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    When did video games start looking better on my PC than on my PS3?

always?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I was given some leftover turkey yesterday from Easter dinner.

What to do what to do.

I was going to make a turkey stew, but when I got to the grocery store, I realized I had no idea how to make the sauce. I know tomato and cheese sauces.

So cheese sauce it is. Fried potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers, mixed with corn and the turkey I had, with a really creamy cheddar sauce that I made from scratch and holy hell. It was so good.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

EXPLAIN IT TO ME

EX PLAIN

EX PLAIN

That most TAs are 'furriners.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    -desc -y2jake

#babby's first DJ controller

I was having trouble mixing tracks with lyrics, since a hip-hop song for example might only have a few bars of un-rapped-over beat in which to start transitioning. But I realized that I could map the same track to both decks, find that clear space, and crossfade over at the appropriate time after setting up a loop to give myself a little breathing room.

So then I started mixing where it would be [sick Atmosphere verse] -> [dat beat] -> [transition in the funky funky funky funky funky fresh riddims of another track] -> [OH SHIIIIT THAT SECOND ATMOSPHERE VERSE FROM THE FIRST TRACK]

and also started experimenting with looping the beat on one deck so I can crossfade over while scratching backwards in a verse to repeat a few lines without losing the riddim

too much fun

ooh, what are you playing with. THIS SOUNDS FUN! I've been listening to a bunch of Ultra sets all weekend and have been thinking that this seems like a great hobby for me to randomly pick up and then inevitably lose interest in.

http://www.amazon.com/Numark-MIXTRACK-PRO-SOFTWARE-CONTROLLER/dp/B00466HLWO/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    *looks for victims*

Now that I'm not stockholmed, I have a new calling....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gghy92F_Jcw

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

Hey, did you finalise your itinerary for NZ?

Kind of. I'm spending about half of my time in cities, and those days I basically have down as "dick around in city X." I'm making a list of things I want to do in/around those cities, but nothing concrete. I want flexibility, especially in Christchurch because my friend works three jobs and doesn't know her schedule very far in advance. A few other things I have finalized, mostly the tours I need to plan ahead of time (eg I'm going on cruises to Milford and Doubtful Sounds). My plane leaves Washington at July 5th, I arrive July 7th, and leave July 23rd.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the TA in my english course is a nazi im p sure

also my english course has completely dissuaded me from pursuing liberal arts so im probably going to put myself through extra schooling to get compsci because liberal arts is disgusting and I want no part of it

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

EXPLAIN IT TO ME

EX PLAIN

EX PLAIN

That most TAs are 'furriners.

I see. I haven't noticed this.

*shrug

now that i have successfully killed the joke, i think i'm off to craft some mines

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    man where's "Regina Fong" been lately? should we send out an internet search party? after all, he could be a cute white woman in distress (masquerading as a gay dude to avoid unwanted attention obvs)

"Sir Landshark"

As I am occasionally wont to do when I become wildly obsessed with a particular video game, I transition most of my idle foruming to the appropriate G&T thread (as is the case currently with Mass Effect 3).

This is why I haven't been posting in chat much. I assumed you all were basically sick of me chattering on about ME3.

I could read bitching about the ME3 ending till the end of time

It's good to get out of the treehouse every once in a while and meet new people anyway. There are some seriously excellent people in the ME3 thread who I play multi with now (aside from the people who also do [chat] like Cambiata, Carrot, Corehealer, TTODewback, Ronaldo etc).

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    bioshock inf ending stuff
    the ending reminded me of this song being sang earlier on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4Crth_Hb8

this fucking game

I was very pleased I stayed through the whole credit sequence.

I didn't realise they were doing a Marvel.
    I didn't stay but watched it on Youtube. If it's a universe where there's no Comstock, I'm imagining that Anna should still be there? I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't be.

Bioshock Infinite ending spoilers.
    I agree she would exist as the infant. But I don't know if the trans dimensional jumping Elizabeth would still exist as she was the product of Comstock. But her power may have dropped her out normal time and space like it did the Luteces.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    *waggles dick*

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    wait did someone already rescue chanus

this is bullshit

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

EXPLAIN IT TO ME

EX PLAIN

EX PLAIN

I have a STEM background so all the TAs at my college were Asians of various sorts.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
    I CAN FEEL YOUR POWER
    JUST LIKE A PRAYER
    I WANNA TAKE YOU THERE

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    basically we've rescued everyone who matters

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i came so close to beating FTL last night. My ship and crew were capable of doing it but I fucked up. Sorry crew!

• Options
    I can't kidnap willy nilly

@icyliquid I need more evil powers, look at all these plump and juicy targets

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ah yes, muwahahah

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i am now going into random threads and kidnapping total randos

what have i becomeeeeeeee

awesome?

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Ah yes, muwahahah

careful

caaaaaareful

don't blow your load too soon

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Maybe they are restarting the game with just a small core of kidnappers?

Also people should stop bitching about holiday forum events, Icy works hard on them and it's not unreasonable that the first time for an event is less than perfectly planned.

Next time they do the kidnapper thing they will adapt based on what was learned this time. The Valentines event was superb on the first go, and that probably set the bar a little high for April Fool's.

Chill, people. (Elendil)

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Vanguard's answer is tfs. Wow, talk about going old school.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Also revenge is sweet motherfucker!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Ya'll kidnappers ain't gettin no one while I'm here.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    People were complaining about this event? The fuck?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Huh. Apparently it's reset and Geth is not announcing kidnappings.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    "Tom, since the customer service center project isn't ready to go yet, we're putting you in charge of the summer interns."
    "Um, I'm dating one of those interns."
    "So?"
    "The employee handbook is really clear about that, also I'm beyond uncomfortable with the idea."
    "What's the problem?"

head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    are we reset or something?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I have a new badgerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Yesss, I have completed my collection.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "Tom, since the customer service center project isn't ready to go yet, we're putting you in charge of the summer interns."
    "So?"
    "The employee handbook is really clear about that, also I'm beyond uncomfortable with the idea."
    "What's the problem?"

head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head/wall/head

Goddamn, that's an HR nightmare. What a dumb ass.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard's answer is tfs. Wow, talk about going old school.

I don't know what this means, so I'm assuming it's bad.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "So?"
    "What's the problem?"

This is a completely healthy power dynamic.

This can't possibly go wrong in any way.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I wish I was the answer to a riddle :C

They tried to make one, but all the words that rhyme with POOP lend themselves to really gross mental images.

HOOP
    GROUP
    SOUP

This discussion has been closed.