As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Premature E[chat]ulation is a problem...

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    hmmm i need to write my own sort routine to handle sorting strings by alphabetical order and another one to sort big ints

ponder

You have that programming test today, right Chu? Good luck!!

yeah

i am tkaing it now actually, we're permitted to google for info

i think i aced the multiple choice stuff

now have to figure out this coding with 45 mins left

blah

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I went to a craft beer festival this weekend.

I told my dad about it yesterday. He said, "Craft beer? Heh, more like CRAP beer! Ha ha ha!"

And then ordered a Miller High Life for lunch.

You drink your shitty craft beers from hipsters who brew it using organic hops and unicorn farts. Your dad is the classy one. He's drinking the champagne of beers.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i wish i could magically learn how to program without having to go through that whole tedious learning process.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    learning programming is so easy though

there is literally a billion resources for it.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i wish i could magically learn how to program without having to go through that whole tedious learning process.

This is how I feel about my language study

I want to just absorb it by being here instead of having to write and study

why you gotta be so difficult, Glorious Nippon

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It looks more like Becks. But that is really just "green bottle with mostly red label"

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    workin in a bit mine
    goin down down down
    workin in a bit mine
    whew, bout to loop down

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

And how many of those billion resources are actually terrible?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

This is how I feel about my language study

I want to just absorb it by being here instead of having to write and study

why you gotta be so difficult, Glorious Nippon

I mean, in Dances With Wolves, Kevin Costner learned to speak Indian in, like, five minutes.

And he's no genius.

What ancient techniques did they know that we've lost?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    could always study via osmosis

sleep-sleeping-boy-textbook-school.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It looks more like Becks. But that is really just "green bottle with mostly red label"

Shit. It could be Beck's.

I kneel to you, sir. Please spare my wife and children.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Im going to a party on saturday. If my hosts provide a spread that I find in any way lacking, I'm going to leave an upper decker in his toilet.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    could always study via osmosis

sleep-sleeping-boy-textbook-school.jpg

It may not work that well, but it's the best way to do anything.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I hear about people who are fluent in, like, seven distinct languages and I lose my shit

how the hell do they do that

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Ha, my knowledge of widely available lager is King!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »

And how many of those billion resources are actually terrible?

two billion

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Also, you haven't lived until you have seen an actuary fight.

"As you can see here, we have used the industry standard .30% discount rate"
    "I don't think that any credible actuary in the WORLD would use a rate that high!"
    "Well, this is our practice, what do you use?"
    "We think .27%"
    "In all my years, i have never seen a rate that low! If you're not going to talk in good faith, then we're done here."
    Then they kiss

ITT you had a sexual awakening whilst watching 3-2-1 Contact

What a great show that was. Man kids today are getting screwed over even on inferior PBS shows. Dora the Explorer? Please.

I was a huge fan of that Math-net dragnet or whatever it was.

PBS shows back then were educational, now they're just about getting along with different people and celebrating other nationalities.

Who needs that when you've got lines of symmetry?

Hell yeah. That show was great.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Im going to a party on saturday. If my hosts provide a spread that I find in any way lacking, I'm going to leave an upper decker in his toilet.

Harsh but fair.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I had a sudden image of spool's and my parlor offering to rent out a room to an Austin high school's CS club for prom

and them thinking we're insulting them by assuming that they couldn't get dates to prom

and then I say that I didn't go to prom in either college or high school, and given that I help run a gaming restaurant I'm way nerdier than they are

and then it turns into comparing our nerd-penises

so basically I have weird trains of thought

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Having done programming for a long time I now find it really hard to explain to people why you should do certain things, like this style of program structure, or this level of encapsulation. I just do it and know when it feels right. Makes teaching people really hard.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I hear about people who are fluent in, like, seven distinct languages and I lose my shit

they are the ubermensch

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options

As long as they don't just shit on the platters, it'd still be more palatable than offering you Bud Light

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    hrm

the office is empty

how should i use this tim-

*slumps forward on the desk*

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I had a sudden image of spool's and my parlor offering to rent out a room to an Austin high school's CS club for prom

and them thinking we're insulting them by assuming that they couldn't get dates to prom

and then I say that I didn't go to prom in either college or high school, and given that I help run a gaming restaurant I'm way nerdier than they are

Clearly, you want Spool's D.

• Options

Don't...don't share this when you interview for a loan.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat]

Has our thread been threatened by Best Korea yet? I feel left out.

• Options

Condoleezza Rice may be a war criminal, but she is also a polyglot and a concert pianist.

Which makes me hate her more.

That made me think of this (shitty video quality ahead):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iCbadZMiiQ

"Mars Attacks is awesome!"

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I told my dad about it yesterday. He said, "Craft beer? Heh, more like CRAP beer! Ha ha ha!"

houston is now having a "brew fest" in addition to a beer fest. I went to the inaugural beer fest and it was a fucking logistical disaster. 2 hours to get in through the gates, overcrowded, no shade, just miserable.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    hmmm i need to write my own sort routine to handle sorting strings by alphabetical order and another one to sort big ints

ponder

You have that programming test today, right Chu? Good luck!!

yeah

i am tkaing it now actually, we're permitted to google for info

i think i aced the multiple choice stuff

now have to figure out this coding with 45 mins left

blah

Chu I have it

if CodeIsWorking == 0 then CodeIsWorking++;

It's... perfect.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Having done programming for a long time I now find it really hard to explain to people why you should do certain things, like this style of program structure, or this level of encapsulation. I just do it and know when it feels right. Makes teaching people really hard.

Apparently Mickey Mantle was a terrible batting coach because he would just stand there and yell, "Hit the ball! What's the matter with you? Just hit it!"

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

As long as they don't just shit on the platters, it'd still be more palatable than offering you Bud Light

Im hosting a party the week after. It's gonna be PBR or Bud Light.

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

houston is now having a "brew fest" in addition to a beer fest. I went to the inaugural beer fest and it was a fucking logistical disaster. 2 hours to get in through the gates, overcrowded, no shade, just miserable.

that's what I heard

my friend who lives in denver said the one there is a madhouse too

• Options

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

Lucky you'll have all that beer no one wants to drink when your guests set the place on fire.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

The head of the Japanese department of UGA spoke something like 10 languages. He had also helped create a written version of some tribes language when they previously had none. It is pretty cray cray. Its too bad he also was a huge misogynist douche.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

The head of the Japanese department of UGA spoke something like 10 languages. He had also helped create a written version of some tribes language when they previously had none. I is pretty cray cray. Its too bad he also was a huge misogynist douche.

When you are the empirical example of men being better than women, it's hard not to be misogynist.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

honestly i thought we had sorted this shit out in the nurenburg trials

how people like you have escapted the de-nazification process is beyind me

someone call the hauge

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »

Don't...don't share this when you interview for a loan.

Somehow the thought of that interview is very unnerving, but I don't imagine not going being an option.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

Lucky you'll have all that beer no one wants to drink when your guests set the place on fire.

Use it to put out the fire! It tastes like water anyway.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    apparently you can become a memorization boss through discipline and practicing certain methods (method of loci, usually?).

but that takes like, work. matrix pls download knowledge into my brain

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.