As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Premature E[chat]ulation is a problem...

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Saline County Commissioner Jim Gile in Kansas has apologized for using a racial epithet during a meeting on April 2.

The Salina Journal reported that Gile later apologized for using the expression “[n-word]-rigging it” while discussing a repair project. He claimed he actually intended to say the phrase “jury-rigged” but accidentally sputtered out the racial slur.

“I am not a prejudiced person,” Gile said. “I have built Habitat homes for colored people.”

Well, as long as it was for coloured people

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Having done programming for a long time I now find it really hard to explain to people why you should do certain things, like this style of program structure, or this level of encapsulation. I just do it and know when it feels right. Makes teaching people really hard.

Don't worry, you could give a perfect, eloquent explanation, illuminating 30 years of collective advancement in computer science and the person learning would look at you blankly, blink a few times, then say "I dont get it, so the while loop stars again at the top when it gets to this wavy guy?"

And you realize that they did not ask the eloquent design question you thought they asked. They're mostly hung up on syntax. Always and forever hung up on syntax.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Im going to a party on saturday. If my hosts provide a spread that I find in any way lacking, I'm going to leave an upper decker in his toilet.

As long as they don't just shit on the platters, it'd still be more palatable than offering you Bud Light

Im hosting a party the week after. It's gonna be PBR or Bud Light.

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

Lucky you'll have all that beer no one wants to drink when your guests set the place on fire.

Use it to put out the fire! It tastes like water anyway.

Thank you, Sammy. That's precisely what I implied.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Beer snobs all up ins.
    Why don't you tell me about this $11 a bottle beer that only uses water passed through the holiest of trappist monks?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Shit. I forgot to buy pop on my way in this morning.

Meaning I'll have to go to the vending machine.

Which means a portion of my dollar will be donated to the Boy Scouts or Susan G. Komen.

Fuck this thirsty earth.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Man, every night I'm guaranteed incredibly vivid dreams

This has been the case for the last 6 months or so at least

It's pretty great

Good morning, [chat]

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Saline County Commissioner Jim Gile in Kansas has apologized for using a racial epithet during a meeting on April 2.

The Salina Journal reported that Gile later apologized for using the expression “[n-word]-rigging it” while discussing a repair project. He claimed he actually intended to say the phrase “jury-rigged” but accidentally sputtered out the racial slur.

“I am not a prejudiced person,” Gile said. “I have built Habitat homes for colored people.”

with all those karma points he purchased he should be allowed to be a litte bigoted from time to time shouldn't he?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

he said colored

not coloured

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

It's pretty great

Good morning, [chat]

How do you know this isn't the vivid dream?

d48cc82c.gif

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

he said colored

not coloured

I try to see the best in people, even when they're fundamentally wrong

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    I had a sudden image of spool's and my parlor offering to rent out a room to an Austin high school's CS club for prom

and them thinking we're insulting them by assuming that they couldn't get dates to prom

and then I say that I didn't go to prom in either college or high school, and given that I help run a gaming restaurant I'm way nerdier than they are

and then it turns into comparing our nerd-penises

so basically I have weird trains of thought

Don't...don't share this when you interview for a loan.

Somehow the thought of that interview is very unnerving, but I don't imagine not going being an option.

Yeah I mean, I know what numbers you're going to need to provide, but I have no idea how you'd pitch the idea in a way where your loan officer walks out of the meeting think that it's as cool as I do.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Can anyone here read a dump like tea leaves? Because I think this is either an omen of death or a bad barley harvest.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

he said colored

not coloured

If you want to get picky, he probably said, "cullerd" or "collared".

• Options
    RedTide wrote: »
    Can anyone here read a dump like tea leaves? Because I think this is either an omen of death or a bad barley harvest.

Red is okay, black is bad.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular

he said colored

not coloured

yeah, if he said coloured we wouldn't be having this problem to begin with

• Options
    Red poop at night, shepherd's delight

Red poop in the morning, shepherd take warning

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

he said colored

not coloured

fak u yankee pig dog swine

• Options
    Man, that gif is literally scintillating.

• Options
    faxe%20strong.jpg

The only beer you'll ever need.

Tastes like a handful of nickels.

It's pretty great

Good morning, [chat]

http://img2u.info/ckgni/i/d48cc82c.gif

The transition between being asleep and awake is very apparent.

I'm not in the midst of a threesome when I wake up, for instance!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

Kansas. 8->

• Options

What if it looks normal but also looks like it was hit by an ied?

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Red skies at night.
    Red skies at night.
    Oh oooh.
    Oh OH oh oh oh oh oh Ooooooh.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I had a sudden image of spool's and my parlor offering to rent out a room to an Austin high school's CS club for prom

and them thinking we're insulting them by assuming that they couldn't get dates to prom

and then I say that I didn't go to prom in either college or high school, and given that I help run a gaming restaurant I'm way nerdier than they are

Somehow the thought of that interview is very unnerving, but I don't imagine not going being an option.

Yeah I mean, I know what numbers you're going to need to provide, but I have no idea how you'd pitch the idea in a way where your loan officer walks out of the meeting think that it's as cool as I do.
    It helps that these things already more or less exist, particularly in South Korea, they're just not very common here.

• Options

It's pretty great

Good morning, [chat]

Think about it man

What if your life is actually awesome and you just have really boring dreams?

As it stands most people lead boring lives and dream awesome things.

So, by the Inverse Property of Dreaming...

Q.E.D.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Im going to a party on saturday. If my hosts provide a spread that I find in any way lacking, I'm going to leave an upper decker in his toilet.

As long as they don't just shit on the platters, it'd still be more palatable than offering you Bud Light

Im hosting a party the week after. It's gonna be PBR or Bud Light.

DEAL
    WITH
    IT

Lucky you'll have all that beer no one wants to drink when your guests set the place on fire.

Use it to put out the fire! It tastes like water anyway.

Thank you, Sammy. That's precisely what I implied.

On my screen it looked like "at least you'll be able to drink away your problems."

Wait no fuck this, I'm not apologizing for stepping on your bit. In fact, let's pretend I did it on purpose! I am the Carlos Mencia of shitty beer jokes!

Edit: ouch Geth.

SammyF on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bristol Stool Chart

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

he said colored

not coloured

fak u yankee pig dog swine

d

w

i

u fukkin redcote

919UOwT.png
  • Options

It's pretty great

Good morning, [chat]

Think about it man

Q.E.D.
    Once Zhuangzi dreamt he was a butterfly, a butterfly flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Zhuangzi. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakable Zhuangzi. But he didn't know if he was Zhuangzi who had dreamt he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming he was Zhuangzi. Between Zhuangzi and a butterfly there must be some distinction! This is called the Transformation of Things.

• Options

Did you have a lot to drink recently? Could just be beer poops.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

he said colored

not coloured

If you want to get picky, he probably said, "cullerd" or "collared".

ha, if

like you really need to question whether people in [chat] want to get picky

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    The jiggle physics of elf ladies in Tera is bizarre and distracting.

Fortunately they included an option to play as a male elf in case you wanted to be a tall, leggy bombshell woman without the distracting jiggle.

• Options

It's pretty great

Good morning, [chat]

Think about it man

Q.E.D.

Well, if what I perceive as dreams are actually real life

Then real life features a lot of skips in time, telepathic terraforming and star wipes

Always star wipes

I do NOT know what my sleeping brain's fascination is with star wipes

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i intentionally read mariana as marinara every time

look, the trench:

RPLC_meatball_marinara.jpg

i love and hate meatball subs.

1. they are tasty as fuuu
    2. those meatballs are going to be sliding all over the places and have a 25% chance of plopping into my lap once they fall out of the sub

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Beer snobs all up ins. Why don't you tell me about this $11 a bottle beer that only uses water passed through the holiest of trappist monks?

It's unlikely that I am going to be rich enough to enjoy drinking the actual soul of the planet.

That trappist beer is the closest I am going to come.

• Options

look, the trench:

2. those meatballs are going to be sliding all over the places and have a 25% chance of plopping into my lap once they fall out of the sub

You aren't fooling anyone when you imply that you don't love balls in your lap

• Options

Did you have a lot to drink recently? Could just be beer poops.

Nah. I'm leaning towards stress atm

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

If you pooped and it was like the elevator from The Shining, you're totally fine, don't worry. When people talk about bloody poops being bad that actually don't mean that. Which is baffling, because if you were to pick the toilet out of a lineup that had the "bloody poop" in it, you'd probably pick the one that looked like someone fed a rat a stick of dynamite then tried to flush it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

look, the trench:

There's a technique.

You gotta pinch the bread. Take tactical bites.

• Options

It helps that these things already more or less exist, particularly in South Korea, they're just not very common here.

I don't know that I am inclined to feel like something is a more exciting business idea just because it's popular in Korea, but that might just be the microtransactional PTSD talking.

• Options
    i read that as jungle physics

*breakbeat*

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.