As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4e] WLD, Region A. Kobold ambush!

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @am0n looks like Auralynx has the Defender role handled. How controller-y was your Sorcerer?

I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze Dungeoneering in without relying on Backgrounds, so I may be a bit figuring out what it is I'm playing. I may have to go Human or Eladrin for the free skill point, which is going to shift my focus entirely away from the classes I was looking at... well, maybe not.

Is having two Defenders necessarily a bad thing? I could go Eladrin Swordmage, or Human Druid. (Edit: not that druids are defenders; that was a sudden change of thought)

Oh shit, guys. We have no Rogue. In a giant dungeon crawl. Which is probably riddled with traps.

I'll make a rogue. A "controller" rogue, as in I can control my enemies' organs with surgical precision.

I didn't have a Sorcerer, but I can try a controller. Like I said, I have a Rogue in two other games, and as much as I love Rogue, would also enjoy trying out something new.

I'll work on a Controller, then.

Anyone have opinions on Controllers? Haven't examined any yet, so I am a blank slate.

jdarksun wrote: »
    @am0n looks like Auralynx has the Defender role handled. How controller-y was your Sorcerer?

I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze Dungeoneering in without relying on Backgrounds, so I may be a bit figuring out what it is I'm playing. I may have to go Human or Eladrin for the free skill point, which is going to shift my focus entirely away from the classes I was looking at... well, maybe not.

Is having two Defenders necessarily a bad thing? I could go Eladrin Swordmage, or Human Druid. (Edit: not that druids are defenders; that was a sudden change of thought)

Oh shit, guys. We have no Rogue. In a giant dungeon crawl. Which is probably riddled with traps.

I'll make a rogue. A "controller" rogue, as in I can control my enemies' organs with surgical precision.
    Every encounter is Surgeon Simulator 2013.

The trailer to that game is epic. Organs flying everywhere! I just had bowel surgery a few weeks back and got photos of the piece they cut out. Wanted a photo with my guts hanging out, which my GF says the surgeon showed her, but he told me he didn't have it. I'd be my own Surgeon Simulator 2013!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "We striped him naked. Where did he get a knife?"

• Options
    "We striped him naked. Where did he get a knife?"

There's a magic weapon for that. ;) Lesser Cloaked Dagger +1.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Re: Controllers
    Wizard > Druid or Invoker > Psion > Seeker or Binder.

Invoker is best at giant AoE though, and all three builds are quite strong. Rogue and Warlock and Warrior are the best pseudicontrollers, with Battlemind, Bard, and Cleric surprisingly able in that area too.

Re: Second Defender
    Usually if you have two you want one guy who can isolate Elites and one guy who does crowd control. Warden leans towards crowd control by design and so does my theme. All of the Defender builds can do either.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    I think druids make really fun controllers. You can't just turn into any old thing anymore, but their powers give you lots of options.

Of course, the big one is the wizard, which can work really well if you remember it's a controller, and piles of damage isn't its schtick anymore.

I checked out the psion, but it seemed a little bland - functional, but not exactly inspired. But it will let you telekinetically punch someone, so there is that.

Seeker looks neat and all, but it's honestly a hot mess. It's only complete in the most technical sense of the word, and it never got any kind of support to bring it up to par.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Psion is pretty legit, it just never got the same word-count thrown at it as Wizard and Invoker.

• Options
    Suggestions for Beta Defender:
    Grappling Fighter, Leader-secondary Paladin, Shielding or the other not-Assault Swordmage, not-Wild Focus Battlemind, Infernal Warlock (very tricky to build, functionally unkillable by Paragon), Barbarian / Blackguard / etc.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Do we have a Warrior-Jumper?

• Options
    Do we have a Warrior-Jumper?

Unfortunately, we do not, but that's okay, because they are OP as hell.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Re: Controllers
    Wizard > Druid or Invoker > Psion > Seeker or Binder.

Invoker is best at giant AoE though, and all three builds are quite strong. Rogue and Warlock and Warrior are the best pseudicontrollers, with Battlemind, Bard, and Cleric surprisingly able in that area too.

Re: Second Defender
    Usually if you have two you want one guy who can isolate Elites and one guy who does crowd control. Warden leans towards crowd control by design and so does my theme. All of the Defender builds can do either.

For Defender, I was planning a straight up Tank Fighter or Paladin. I figure with only 1 leader (a Bard), a Paladin might be handy (it's my understanding they help a bit with the whole healing thing).

For Controller... confused.

• Options
    If I played a Swordmage, I was gonna go Assault and spend the feat on Bastard Sword Proficiency, so I can benefit from the big damage, have a technically two-handed weapon, but still retain the option of using it one-handed if I need to get that +2 AC back for having a hand free to start off-tanking dudes.

But seriously, I feel like we NEED a Rogue. This is a dungeon crawl in the spirit of 3.0, after all. Traps and locks all up in this piece.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Nah, we just need a portable rogue (see the 5e tomb of horrors thread)

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    A Paladin would be a pretty good complement for a Bard I'm guessing (not that I've ever played with a Bard in 4e like I said).
    Bards seem to be on the lower end of leaders when it comes to healing, so a little help in that direction would probably go over pretty well.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    If we need a controller, I haven't played a wizard in 4e yet

• Options
    edited April 2013
    If I played a Swordmage, I was gonna go Assault and spend the feat on Bastard Sword Proficiency, so I can benefit from the big damage, have a technically two-handed weapon, but still retain the option of using it one-handed if I need to get that +2 AC back for having a hand free to start off-tanking dudes.

But seriously, I feel like we NEED a Rogue. This is a dungeon crawl in the spirit of 3.0, after all. Traps and locks all up in this piece.

Warlock, Artificer, and Asssassin, among ofthers, can train Thievery without Backgrounding.

Bard is indeed the worst healing Leader. I would sooner have two Leaders than two Controllers or a fourth Striker.

TRV, that looks like a Virtue of Chasing Guys Avenger? Should have reasonable synergy with my planned focus on zones.

Assault Swordmage isn't really a defender, much like certain species of Fighter and Battlemind.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Valorous Bards make pretty decent healers, what with all the temporary HP they hand out to act as damage buffers.

If you guys think we'll be okay without a Rogue, that's cool with me. Just tell me what we need before I finish this drow daggerman/subterranean culinarist.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Nah, we just need a portable rogue (see the 5e tomb of horrors thread)

One of these

• Options

All you then!

Warlock, Artificer, and Asssassin, among ofthers, can train Thievery without Backgrounding.

Bard is indeed the worst healing Leader. I would sooner have two Leaders than two Controllers or a fourth Striker.

TRV, that looks like a Virtue of Chasing Guys Avenger? Should have reasonable synergy with my planned focus on zones.

Assault Swordmage isn't really a defender, much like certain species of Fighter and Battlemind.

What about two Defenders? I am open to Paladin or Cleric. Maybe Warlord? I'm thinking Controller isn't my speed, so if Phyphor wants that I am happy to do Defender or Leader.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Aye. I's gots feets and I'ma gon' use 'em chasin' folk

• Options
    am0n wrote: »

All you then!

What about two Defenders? I am open to Paladin or Cleric. Maybe Warlord? I'm thinking Controller isn't my speed, so if Phyphor wants that I am happy to do Defender or Leader.

If we assume Jdark is taking 6-8 submissions, which appears possible: 1 Defender, 1 Leader, 1 Controller, 2 Strikers, 3 flex slots. At least one flex slot should contain someone with a high damage output, particularly because Bard and Warden don't put up big numbers there; my vote would be for an AoE-friendly striker or a moderate-to-high output "Defender." Warlord and Ardent are pretty damaging for Leaders, depending on build.

• Options
    So what did we decide the Tiefling's role in all this was?

• Options
    Something bad probably. Fuckin' Tieflings

• Options
    So what did we decide the Tiefling's role in all this was?

Per my history Voltron they accidentally freed Orcus, who may or may not be our Final Boss.

• Options
    Alright, you guys figure out what you're playing and I'll figure out how to squeeze into whatever is left.

• Options
    Alright, you guys figure out what you're playing and I'll figure out how to squeeze into whatever is left.

Well, presently they're all options. I have zero objections to your playing any of the guys you're suggesting, but synergy does matter. Like, if you wanted a zone-generating Battlemind I'd either discourage that or say "let's go all-in on zones, we need a Wizard and a Worldspeaker Shaman." If you want to run a hitty Defender that's cool, too, but it forces you into what 4e thinks of as a Fifth Wheel slot instead of a primary anything.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    All right, I will blatantly copy the format of TRV because he is a cool person.

Stand by for Valor Bard

Basics
    Name: Mors Kanteel
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 202
    Alignment: Unaligned
    Race: Human
    Class: Bard

Stats

HP: 33
    Bloodied: 16
    Surges/Day: 10
    Surge Value: 8

STR: 12
    CON: 16
    DEX: 10
    INT: 12
    WIS: 8
    CHA: 18

AC: 17
    FORT: 14
    REF: 13
    WILL: 16

Acrobatics 0
    Arcana 6
    Athletics 5
    Bluff 9
    Diplomacy 9
    Dungeoneering 0
    Endurance 3
    Heal 0
    History 2
    Insight 0
    Intimidate 9
    Nature 0
    Perception 4
    Religion 2
    Stealth 0
    Streetwise 5
    Thievery 0

Feats:
    Ritual Caster (Automatic)
    Improved Majestic Word (Add Charisma Modifier to damage healed with Majestic Word)
    Toughness (Human Bonus;5 HP per tier)

Rituals:
    Tenser's Floating Disk
    Traveler's Chant

Powers
    Guiding Strike
    At-Will✦Arcane, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Charisma vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier damage, and the target
    takes a –2 penalty to the defense of your choice until the end of your next turn.

Jinx Shot
    At-Will ✦ Arcane. Weapon
    Standard Action Ranged weapon
    Attack Charisma vs. AC
    Hit: 1 [W] + Charisma modifier damage. The first time the target misses with an attack before the end of your next turn, It falls prone.

Majestic Word
    Encounter (Special) ✦ Arcane, Healing
    Minor Action Close burst 5
    Target: You or one ally in burst
    Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain
    additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier.
    You also slide the target 1 square.
    Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round.

Words of Friendship
    Encounter ✦ Arcane
    Minor Action Personal
    Effect: You gain a +5 power bonus to the next Diplomacy check you make before the end of your next turn.

Shout of Triumph
    Encounter ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
    Standard Action Close blast 3
    Target: Each enemy in blast
    Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
    Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you
    push the target 1 square.
    Effect: You slide each ally in the blast 1 square.
    Virtue of Valor: The number of squares you push the target and slide the allies equals your Constitution
    modifier.

Heroic Effort
    Encounter
    No Action Personal
    Trigger: You miss with an attack or fail a saving throw.
    Effect: You gain a +4 racial bonus to the attack roll or the
    saving throw.

Stirring Shout
    Daily ✦ Arcane, Healing, Implement, Psychic
    Standard Action Ranged 10
    Attack: Charisma vs. Will
    Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage.
    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits the target, that ally regains hit points equal to your Charisma modifier

Background
    Mors was born the second son of the wealthy Kanteel family situated in Bonamia. His grandfather was the cook on Baron Skalgard's ship, and was rewarded handsomely with titles and slaves upon the formation of Skalgard's city. The Kanteel's have managed to keep their holdings (unlike some of the pirates turned lords, who had no idea how to survive in a political atmosphere) and their wealth, and have emerged as one of the city's more prosperous houses.

As a result, Mors has lived a life of privilege. His generation is the first that has been born in a unified and stable Bonamia, and he has been provided for at every opportunity. His family owns hundreds of half-breed slaves that cater to Mors' every want and desire. His grandfather and father both highly disapprove of this lifestyle, as they had to wage physical and political war against numerous enemies to secure their current position.

Upon reaching his 12th birthday, his father started looking for something that Mors could do to improve the family name. As he was only the second son, the family holdings would be inherited instead by his older brother. His father tried to train him as a warrior, sending him to an accomplished swordsman, but Mors' bulk and lack of agility soon closed that route for him.

His father next sent him to train with the resident wizarding society. Although Mors grasped basic arcane theory, he lacked the intelligence to pass his first year exam, and he soon found himself back with his family.

It was during his 15th year when Mors' life was changed. Thoroughly disappointed by his son, Mors' father offered for Mors to become a tribute. Skalgard seized upon the chance to send a noble as a tribute, well aware of the common man's grumbling that life for the elite of Bonamia was too easy. Before Mors knew what was happening, he was officially registered as a tribute.

Mors was furious when he found out. He confronted his father about it the day he discovered what had happened. It was the most terrifying moment of Mors' life, as his father easily overpowered him and brought Mors tumbling to the ground. His father explained quite carefully that Mors was worthless. The Kanteel's would gain favour from Skalgard from this act, and if Mors tried to resist his "destiny" then there would be consequences. Mors returned to his room and cried.

As a result of this lifestyle, Mors has grown into a soft, fat youth. His is neither nimble, strong, nor exceptionally intelligent, and his time is usually spent listening to tales and eating decadent feasts. He has a strong liking of war stories, often memorizing and reciting the tales of heroism that his tutors lavish upon him. He is a naive young man, unaware of the hardships of common life. As with most everyone in the city, Mors believes that half-breeds (Half-elves, Half-Orcs, Half-Dwarves, Tieflings) are not people but property. He does not particularly like Shifters, Minotaurs or Dragonborn, seeing them as little better than the "officially recognized" half-breeds (these pseudo-half-breeds are often slaves, although if they were born in Bonamia as free citizens, they are allowed to retain their freedom).

Inventory
    Chainmail
    Longsword
    Adventurer's Kit
    Shortbow
    150 Arrows

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    All right, I will blatantly copy the format of TRV because he is a cool person.

<3
    You and me?
    We may just make it through this.

• Options
    Just curious... why is it the PHB3 classes don't get encounter powers?

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Alright, here's my submission. Nothing says Hunger Games like that pompous jerk raised to just beat everything to a pulp.

Leiliana Rerebtaan, Drow Hunter

Basic Info
    NAME: Leiliana Rerebtaan
    SEX: Female
    HEIGHT: 5'6"
    WEIGHT: 135
    Unaligned
    RACE: Drow
    CLASS: Hunter (Ranger)
    Stats
    STR: 12 (+1)
    CON: 12 (+1)
    DEX: 18 (+4)
    INT: 10 (+0)
    WIS: 18 (+4)
    CHA: 8 (-1)

AC: 16
    FORT: 12
    REF: 15
    WILL: 14

Skills:
    Acrobatics 11
    Arcana 0
    Athletics 1
    Bluff -1
    Diplomacy -1
    Dungeoneering 9
    Endurance 1
    Heal 4
    History 0
    Insight 4
    Intimidate 1
    Nature 4
    Perception 9
    Religion 0
    Stealth 11
    Streetwise -1
    Thievery 9

Feats:
    Bow Expertise: +1 to attack rolls with bows / +1 to damage with bow attacks against creatures that have no other creature adjacent to them.
    Underdark Climber: +2 to Acrobatics checks / You can use your Acrobatics skill in place of your Athletics skill to climb walls.
    Abilities

Melee Basic Attack (Longsword)
    Melee: Standard (at-will)
    Attack: +5 vs AC
    Hit: 1d8+1 damage

Ranged Basic Attack (Longbow)
    Ranged 20/40: Standard (at-will)
    Attack: +8 vs AC
    Hit: 1d10+4 damage

Aimed Shot
    Personal: Standard (at-will)
    Effect: You make a ranged basic attack with a weapon, ignoring the penalty to attack rolls imposed by partial cover and partial concealment. In addition, the penalty to attack rolls imposed by superior cover and total concealment is no worse than -2 for this attack.

Clever Shot
    Effect: You make a ranged basic attack with a weapon. If the attack hits, the target is also subject to one of the following effects of your choice:
    - You slide the target up to 2 squares.
    - The target falls prone.
    - The target is slowed (save ends).

Rapid Shot
    Effect: You make a ranged basic attack with a weapon against each creature in or adjacent to a square within the attack's range. You take a -2 penalty to the attack rolls.

Aspect of the Dancing Serpent
    Personal: Minor (at-will)
    Effect: You assume the Dancing Serpent stance. Until the stance ends, you gain the following benefits:
    - You can take a free action at the end of each of your turns to shift 1 square.
    - When you make a basic attack against an enemy that has none of its allies adjacent to it, you gain a +1 power bonus to the attack roll and damage roll.

Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx
    Personal: Minor (at-will)
    Effect: You assume the Pouncing Lynx stance. Until the stance ends, you gain the following benefits:
    - You gain a +4 power bonus to initiative checks.
    - During your first turn in an encounter, you gain a +2 power bonus to attack rolls.
    - You gain a +4 power bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks that you provoke by moving.

Ambush Expertise (Knack)
    Effect: When you make a Stealth check, allies within 10 squares gain +2 to their next Stealth check before the end of your next turn.

Watchful Rest (Knack)
    Effect: When you take an extended rest, you and any allies also taking the rest do not take the -5 penalty to Perception checks for sleeping.

Treacherous Advantage
    Melee 1: Standard (encounter)
    Effect: You push one ally in range up to 2 squares, and he or she grants combat advantage until the start of your next turn. You then shift up to half your speed and make the secondary attack.
    Hit: 2d8+4 damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.

Disruptive Shot
    Ranged 20/40: Standard (encounter)
    Hit: 1d10+4 damage and you choose for the target to be either immobilized or dazed (save ends either).
    Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Cloud of Darkness
    Close burst 1: Minor (encounter)
    Effect: The burst creates a cloud of darkness that remains in place until the end of your next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight, squares within it are totally obscured, and creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. You are immune to these effects.

Background Info
    Leiliana was raised from birth to be a volunteer Tribute. She was taken from her parents shortly after she learned to walk and was thrown into a vicious training regimen that had her fending for her life before she could speak. She would either learn to survive in the most dangerous tests the elders could think up, or she would be slain and another would take her place.

The elders that were overseeing her training occasionally offered assistance to her, teaching her how to use the shadows and sounds around her to mask her passing. As she grew towards the age where she would volunteer, she learned quickly and used her natural grace and balance to enhance her prowess in combat and to aid in traversing difficult terrain.

Leiliana was hardly the only volunteer they were raising, as the elders wanted to maximize the chances of their plan being a success. A year before she was to become a volunteer, the final test was one of teamwork with, until then unknown to her, other volunteer potentials to survive in the wilds. Leiliana showed that while she could work with others to great effect, she was also not above throwing her "allies" into dangerous situations to take advantage of the distractions that they presented to the enemies.

This eventually led to her "winning" her spot as a volunteer Tribute. Leiliana represented the elder drow's "ultimate solution" to the Accord - if she could get through the dungeon, she might be able to seal the rifts for good and allow the world to get back to its old ways.
    Inventory
    Leather Armor
    Longbow (+2 prof / two-handed / 1d10 / load free)
    Longsword (+3 prof / one-handed / 1d8 / versatile)
    Adventurer's Kit
    - Backpack
    - Bedroll
    - Flint 'N Steel
    - Beltpouch
    - Sunrod (x2)
    - Trail Ration (x20)
    - Hempen Rope (50ft)
    - Waterskin (x3)
    Climber's Kit (+2 Athletics to climb)
    - Grappling Hook
    - Small hammer
    - Piton (x10)
    Artisan's Tools
    - Simple hand tools
    - Nails
    - Measuring stick
    Artwork
    B9UTtxl.jpg

Slayer of Dreams on
    Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    am0n wrote: »
    Just curious... why is it the PHB3 classes don't get encounter powers?

Because of the power-point mechanic. It's not all of them; Runepriest and Seeker run like normal.

• Options
    Keep in mind that I can multiclass to shore up any obvious weaknesses we develop.

• Options
    Slayer, if you can sneak Thievery on there via background that's a heck of an advance scout.

• Options
    I looked through the various backgrounds, but didn't find one with Thievery that fit very well with the actual story I had for her. Though I did avoid looking at anything not under the "General" heading, so I'll have to take a peek in the others and see if there's something hidden that might fit. Right now, she's got a +2 to Perception from the "Geography - Forest" background.

• Options
    Alright I should be done with the mechanics, and I'll write up the background tomorrow.

If anyone sees how I could help my build, it would be appreciated.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Submission Breakdown, by role:
    Defender
    Me, w/ Warden, minor in controller
    Leader
    SirFab, w/ Bard
    Controller
    None yet. Some interest.
    Striker
    TRV, w/Pursuit Avenger
    Slayer of Dreams, w/ Hunter (Ranger, minor in controller)
    GG w/ Dragon Sorceror

Did I miss anyone?

Campaign set-up friendly suggestions:
    Things with THP generation
    Thievery trained
    Non-surge healing

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There we go. Found one that fit nicely and provided Thievery class training. I'm not sold on what to drop for it, though: my initial thought is to drop Acrobatics and keep the training in Athletics since it's a -1 without it. Nevermind. I'm changing her Charisma to 8 and moving the 12 up to Strength, since she doesn't really care much for others and isn't afraid if they know it. Yay, fluff reasons for mechanics that actually make sense.

Edit - also, the Hunter is the Essentials Ranger: Ranged Edition, Plus Bonus Controller Powers For New Players, or whatever the official tagline is.

Slayer of Dreams on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I didn't see it in the OP, but is there a link to all the created regions/backgrounds in the thread?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    There we go. Found one that fit nicely and provided Thievery class training. I'm not sold on what to drop for it, though: my initial thought is to drop Acrobatics and keep the training in Athletics since it's a -1 without it. Nevermind. I'm changing her Charisma to 8 and moving the 12 up to Strength, since she doesn't really care much for others and isn't afraid if they know it. Yay, fluff reasons for mechanics that actually make sense.

Edit - also, the Hunter is the Essentials Ranger: Ranged Edition, Plus Bonus Controller Powers For New Players, or whatever the official tagline is.

Ah, right. I get a little vague on proper names when they aren't in front of me. That one was pretty decent, from what I recall.

@darkprimus, jdark has been compiling stuff at Obsidian Portal, though I don't know how up-to-date he is.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I was looking at the Obsidian Portal. It's got a number of preliminary stuff but not all the details yet.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Yea, it's incredibly versatile in the controlling aspect for having decent damage dealing capability. At will slide/prone/slow, at will AoE, and encounter immobilize/daze. Plus Cloud of Darkness from being a Drow is nice for "blocking" an escape route or if she gets into a pile and misses a stealth check (I roll horribly, so I always plan for this).