Options

Webcomics Hollow

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    m3nace wrote: »
    I made another funnypage and put it on the webs, that counts right? Here:
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/12087c1022eab7bf70cdb6a9139f0a75/tumblr_mlq79mY8KJ1s37o1ho1_1280.png
    you've done a good thing here. keep it up!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2432.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man never satisfied has taken a weird turn

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    2432.png

Why yes
    yes I have
    But then I get so bored at work I become disponanit
    Quite horrifying it is

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    NSFWhttp://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-svhrTpg/0/950x10000/i-svhrTpg-950x10000.jpgNSFW
    I'm glad someone finally took the sexual gaze thing as far as it needed to go, I mean, people talk shit, but I'm really happy Gabe and Tycho called them on it.

I was going to say that the dwarf Does look like that until I noticed the ur-dong.

Alternate joke: more like Warrior-Humper, am I right?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    20130424.png

BECAUSE OF THE WITCH'S CURSE I PUT ON IT

Beasteh on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity5213.gif

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    ANEuYNp.gif
    yJHS3Iu.gif

SMBC - a comic with butts

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_mlqpxoGV1O1s5250zo1_1280.jpg

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Taramoor wrote: »
    NSFWhttp://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-svhrTpg/0/950x10000/i-svhrTpg-950x10000.jpgNSFW
    I'm glad someone finally took the sexual gaze thing as far as it needed to go, I mean, people talk shit, but I'm really happy Gabe and Tycho called them on it.

I was going to say that the dwarf Does look like that until I noticed the ur-dong.

Alternate joke: more like Warrior-Humper, am I right?
    Loved when south park did that Joke lol,
    Its kindA a tought topic, big breast women sells, just look at the beer commercials and dead and alive extreme Beach volley ball videogame series,

Its that makes it Ok ?
    I dont know Im not the one who can judge that society will,

In the other hand if thats a problem, censorship/ban or deny the Existence of breasts is never a good answer to any artist work,
    ( but Many think is embarrasing or right to fight for the right of drawing ecchi rauchy stuff, others like Go nagai fight for that right)

In the other extreme hand those kindA of games are directed (mainly probably Im wrong) for boys that just discovered that girls are cool
    (during my dad generation boys used to hide playboys in their beds, Now kids have computers and external hard drives to hide those things (so easy))

My apologies if I said something wrong

algeya on
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    Are they shaking?

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2013
    algeya wrote: »
    Are they shaking?

Parkinsons is a dangerous side-effect among British mystery-solving teens.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    chaptrois10.png

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    algeya wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    Are they shaking?
    Like chihuahuas in a blizzard. Just can't stop shaking.

• Options
    20130424.png

• Options
    NCPGW-c_Page_271-122e802.jpg

• Options
    1366778552-2013-04-23-Page-172.png

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    2013-04-22.jpg

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    fw0295.jpg
    I never liked him anyway.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    everyone loves Abby's funny comics, sure

but did you know she also does SCIENCE FICTION ADVENTURE COMICS?

I give you Tupperware Remix Party: The Device, Abby's collaboration of sorts with an electronic rock act from my home town:

The Prequel
    u4Yvk2P.jpg
    This is a real band. They are from outer space and they are called Tupper Ware Remix Party and this is their website: http://twrplive.com

They were just playing on the street one night and we happened across them and they pelvic thrusted their way into our hearts. It was love at first high-kick. They are the Power Rangers of badass space rock. Yes, that is a pylon on that guy's head.

Not only are they insurmountably beautiful, but their music kicks ass. Everyone I know needs to love this band and spread the fun. Also, I totally colored this in with my touchpad, and there would have been more color and zazz if not for that. Someday when I have money I will go back and remaster this comic. I know this is a Tuesday and I usually update on Wednesdays, but they are leaving Montreal tomorrow and I have to know where they are playing tonight so I am going to use this to hopefully score me and my five BFF's a tip as to where and when.

Also, you can ask the pylon guy, Doctor Sung, all about his space adventures at http://doctorsungsinfinitewisdom.tumblr.com/

TWRP: The Device Part I
    twrpcomic001.jpg
    IT'S HERE. THE FIRST STORY COMIC OF JSPH. And also probably the longest single comic I will ever upload. I hope you like SCROLLING. Because that is ALL you do with this. And this is only the first part! Just wait, it gets EVEN BETTER THAN THIS.

What is this, you ask? Well, if you remember this comic, I met some amazing space musicians on the street one time, and after they saw that comic they asked me to tell the story of The Device, their ep, downloadable for free HERE (though if you want to leave a donation I am SURE they wouldnt mind. It takes cash to groove through the multiverse, you know.) So for the next few weeks you'll be entertained by the colorful exploits of these fine space gentlemen, and it will fill your heart with warm heart emotions. STAY TUNED, DEAR READERS. THE ADVENTURE HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN.

And next issue is gonna have more space Nazi bums in it, if only for the reason that I love drawing them. Tee hee. Bums.

TWRP: The Device Part 2-1
    e9xnQlO.jpg
    Part I wound up being huge, and rather than put you people through that again, I've broken Part 2 up into easily-downloadable bits! For those of you who missed Part I and are very confused as to why I am suddenly drawing these space musicians and working in color, refer to Part I for an explanation, because putting it twice is just silly. Until next Tuesday, I will be uploading parts 1-4 of Part 2, and don't worry, it only gets better from here. THEN PART 3 COMES AND AFTER THAT PART 4, THE FINALE. This is just about the most fun ever.

I get to see these marvelous musicians perform tonight! The high fives we'll share are sure to be earth-shattering. I am so excite, you do not even understand. If you don't know why I am excite, obviously you should refer to their website and/or bandcamp and educate thineself on their marvelosity, and then you, too, can be excite.

TWRP: The Device Part 2-2
    ztXk8Ru.jpg
    Did you miss Part I? WHAT A WEIRDO. Go read it. Then also read Part 2-1. Then read this. All caught up? SNAZZTASTIC

Since the last update, I got to go to a TWRP concert and had the funnest time possible, even though a bunch of hippies drank my drank and took my phone. They are probably using it in hippie cleansing rituals now. I ain't even mad, because TWRP is amazing live. Their music is great on its own, but their rhythmic thrusting and hypnotic hip-wiggling really add that special zazz. We high fived. It was historic.

Also apparently people thought what I meant by "next Tuesday" was today and that I would upload one section a day until then... hahaha, nope. I am in no way capable of that kind of forethought. I meant next Tuesday, as in next week. Yeah, so forever from now. I REVEL IN YOUR MISERY.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Holy crap. That's a real thing? I remember reading those comics and thinking that should be a real band.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Advocate wrote: »
    20130424.png
    maybe its just my imagination........
    is that joystiq on her arcade machine is 1 meter long?

algeya on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    3mnsfj3.png

Otti is a story about people already knowing the answers to the questions they ask

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    1366735247-musically%20disenclined%20part%203.jpg

Loving Paul's face in panel 5.

In fact... New avatar!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    ec20130424.png

I think Cess needs some anti-depressants. She's bringing the whole room down with her.

sotr20130424.png

Bet she's wishing she came in half-naked now.

2013-04-24.jpg

Having a see-through jet's all fine and good as long as you're not wearing a maid's skirt.

And to invite some 'I have no taste' posts, I bring this back to the thread.

2013-04-24-compatibility-test.png

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Owenashi, I would hate you, but that Av.....
    X7LVnn8s.jpg

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    With regard to today's PA comic: I would TOTALLY play warrior if he'd looked like that. I mean, just imagine how his jumbilies move? It must be mesmerizing to watch in 3rd person view.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Man

are we even allowed to post today's PA comic?

I suppose it's okay if it's allowed in the hub...

• Options
    Better safe than sorry. Plenty of people jump straight here without hitting the front page anyway.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Going by threads past, nsfw pa comics seem to have gotten by just fine

I mean this new one isn't even close to the most graphic, just exceptionally over the top

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    The PA Report brings up a good point:
    I would have loved to hear [the artist] talk about the work that inspired his designs, and why he finds women and men of a certain body type enjoyable to look at, or fun to draw. If he had simply engaged with the discussion and talked about his work, it would have been great. The whole thing would have ended as soon as it began.

I mean, why not draw jumbilies in a ridiculous/comical way? Still would have made the game fascinating to play just on account of the physics of the things.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    the character designer said that if you didn't like the women in that game you're gay, as if it's an insult

so, there's that

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    the character designer said that if you didn't like the women in that game you're gay, as if it's an insult

so, there's that

joke's on him, I'm bi!

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_mlr7ukmhhA1qc5e2lo1_500.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    seriously though learning how this game is the spirtual successor to Shadow Over Mystara:

0r4FXBC.png

one of my all time favorite beat'em'ups, got me super excited

but I really don't want to give any money to a game where the character designs are that embarrassing

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    129.gif

130.gif

131.gif

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I wish I could find a way to believe today's blog post was sarcastic somehow

Not so much the defense of "artists making art" part but the parts about the art being visionary and iconic

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    It kinda seemed at first like the argument was that everything in that art style was horribly distorted, including even the title, so of course the women are distorted in-human freaks. But then he got into the visionary and censorship and augh.

This discussion has been closed.