Options

Puzzle & Dragons: Hhhhhggrrlgllllrb

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You don't, I was trying to imply you could use any of them. Its easier to store orbs if the whole team is the same color though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote: »
    pslong9 wrote: »
    I think i've run tower of trials about 20 times in the past few days, seen a bunch of dragon plants but no drops. I was swimming in these before I rerolled.

About to hit rank 20, anyone want to trade gifts? (madpand@PA): 338,752,232

Got 3 plants 5 minutes after posting this. I think i've run the glacier dungeon abunch and never gotten a mermaid drop!

Still looking for someone to trade level 20 gifts with.

If you still haven't found someone, I'll trade with you. pslong: 329,756,200. Just sent you an invite.

Just sent the gift over, I got a brachy, hope you fair better.

Just sent mine over - got two Tyrras here.

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    I think i've run tower of trials about 20 times in the past few days, seen a bunch of dragon plants but no drops. I was swimming in these before I rerolled.

About to hit rank 20, anyone want to trade gifts? (madpand@PA): 338,752,232

Got 3 plants 5 minutes after posting this. I think i've run the glacier dungeon abunch and never gotten a mermaid drop!

Still looking for someone to trade level 20 gifts with.

If you still haven't found someone, I'll trade with you. pslong: 329,756,200. Just sent you an invite.

Just sent the gift over, I got a brachy, hope you fair better.

Just sent mine over - got two Tyrras here.

And now 2 Brachys here. Going to have a team of just brocoli dinosaurs and stomp all over ice dungeons.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Tried Absolute Zero. Got absolutely stomped on the first floor by two devils. What a waste of 50 stamina.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    yea you kind of need to go into absolute zero with a odin. he hits way too fucking hard unless you have a ton of HP

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Finally got around to doing Master Sky Dragon since I didn't feel like not getting another mask. All blue team with a siren lead and an MVD friend was ridiculously easy. Got the dragon and nothing else...but might spend some more time in there in hopes of a lucky Phoenix and maybe some Naga/MFK drops to hoard for next skill-up event.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    mts wrote: »
    yea you kind of need to go into absolute zero with a odin. he hits way too fucking hard unless you have a ton of HP
    That's just it. I had a friend's Odin and a Crystal Aurora Lead.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    You might have been almost full health, thus negating Odins leader skill. Or you just got unlucky

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You don't, I was trying to imply you could use any of them. Its easier to store orbs if the whole team is the same color though.

To level one up so he has decent attack on a normal team, and another one to use without the huge hp gains so you can use an auto healer other than 38thdoez ama

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular

If it makes you feel better I died on the second floor to two evolved knights. I was attempting to egyptian them down super fast. It did not work.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular

Yeah, Odin isn't going to help against 2 Devils.

You're much better off taking a high-damage approach (Wood monsters) and then using enough Rainbow Keepers to break 10k health.

• Options
    I was going to do a double ADK team that looked really good. I almost have enough rippers for it (want a Graviton Earth Dragon to replace my Meteor Volcano Dragon).

• Options
    Saphier wrote: »

If it makes you feel better I died on the second floor to two evolved knights. I was attempting to egyptian them down super fast. It did not work.
    Honestly I could have probably made it most of the way through the dungeon with double Horus, but I'm not sure how I would have fared against Niflheim. He does like 60k damage and I already spent a stone on the Keeper of Rainbow earlier. Seriously, screw the Keeper of Rainbow dungeon, every time I go in I need to spend a damn stone to finish it. Even worse was that I died against the third wave of knights this time.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh bah, I forgot about the maintance and had near max stamina I anticipation of dragon plant farming

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I don't know how people spend stones on dungeons, I find my stones are worth way more than the 30-50 stamina it would cost to just dump the dungeon and start over.

I guess if you really like spending money on the game, spending $1 to get some drops/xp/gold might be worth it, but then you could get way more out of grinding an xp/cash dungeon until you are out of stamina, then spending a stone to refill your stamina meter.

But then, myself, I save all my stones for godfests, and then only spend stones on keeping my number of inventory slots even with my level.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    Its more a rage thing for me. I've only done it 2-3 times now <.< And the last time I promptly got 1 shotted again in a couple turns. I learned my lesson.

PAD is down, Scrolls is down. What do =(

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    patch notes
    1. New Evolutions

Added “King” versions to the slime series Monsters (#36-45)

- King Flamie
    - King Bubblie
    - King Woodsie
    - King Shynee
    - King Baddie

Added new evolutions to the goblin series Monsters (#56-61)

- Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin
    - Marine Spec Ops Goblin
    - Heavy Infantry Hobgoblin

*Added new unique Monsters - to be introduced in future special event Dungeons.*

2. Ultimate Fusions added for the orb-changing hero Monsters (#513-515):

- Earth-rending Emperor Siegfried
    - Heroic Noble Wolf King, Cu Chulainn
    - Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie

3. Added Subtypes to the following Monsters:

- War Deity Saint Minerva: Balance
    - Sea Deity Heaven Neptune: Physical
    - Fertility Deity Holy Ceres: Healer
    - Love Deity Cosmo Venus: Healer
    - Underlord Arch Hades: Devil

4. Adjusted the following Skills:
    Odin/Awoken Odin #362-363
    Gungnir now inflicts 50x Light Attribute damage to one enemy

5. UI/System Changes:

- You may now increase your Friend List to 200 slots
    - You may now edit and store up to 6 different teams
    - New sorting system makes it easier to view/organize your Monsters
    - You can view more detailed information by holding down on a Monster Card in a Dungeon
    - Added icons for Monster Types in the info screen

- 4 in. iPhone screen support
    - Android Data Install option returned (note: required memory sized increased from 150 to 200 mb)

6. Re-localized Game Text

For the sake of clarity and polish, much of the in-game text has been adjusted. These adjustments range from minor choices of wording to changes in game terminology. Notable examples are listed here:

- All references to [Adept] have been changed to [Int.]
    - [Technique] type has been changed to [Balanced]
    - Polished tutorial text
    - Re-localized system messages
    - Mochuzuki Chiyome = Mochizuki Chiyome
    - To add boxes you now tap : [Increase Capacity]
    - [Evolve Fusion] is now [Evo Fusion]

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Another event startin tomorrow! Check FB. Return of Pengdra Village and more free stones! Very unexpected. Isis on the pic so probably egyptian godfest too.

FYI almost 100 pages!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Argh, Valk Friday and still no closer to a team.
    Well closer I guess but not by tomorrow. >_<

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Last night was first time I died on Master Skyrdragon, did not charge my skills on the first round and second round was 4 synched devils and just didn't combo that well.... thought about using a stone, but decided against it.

At work so can't see event schedule, but looking forward to pengdra village again. Just glad its not tomorrow because I have to farm the dub-mythlit dungeon.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options

I'm thinking I can pull it off with my Dark team and a friend's Lucifer. I should be over 40k health, so I only have to worry about whether or not I have enough RCV to keep up with her attacks.

Because apparently the optimal healer team has something like 3 Valkyries on it, so I figure I should at least get a second!

• Options
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    Last night was first time I died on Master Skyrdragon, did not charge my skills on the first round and second round was 4 synched devils and just didn't combo that well.... thought about using a stone, but decided against it.

At work so can't see event schedule, but looking forward to pengdra village again. Just glad its not tomorrow because I have to farm the dub-mythlit dungeon.

No schedule yet.
    gjaustin wrote: »

I'm thinking I can pull it off with my Dark team and a friend's Lucifer. I should be over 40k health, so I only have to worry about whether or not I have enough RCV to keep up with her attacks.

Because apparently the optimal healer team has something like 3 Valkyries on it, so I figure I should at least get a second!

Oh you and your gloating. I could probably run it on "easy" if I could evolve Persephone but I'm short 16 evolved off color penguins on her.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I won't be able to do Valk either, Doe. I need to be able to consistently do Hera before I can even attempt these tougher descends like Zeus/Valk. Come on Ama/Green Odin pull! Haha.

Also...farming dragon plants without 2x drop is not very satisfying. My favorite thing about events in this game is 2x drop for daily dungeons. Rainbow keeper stocking up, here I come!!!!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Actually, Persephone is closer to evolving than I thought. I'd just have to sacrifice maxing out Abyss Neptune and feed all the Blue Pengdras to her.
    If we get the easy mode, and If I evolve Persephone I might try it. Anyone who has run it before have any ideas as to the viability of this team before I evolve Persephone?
    @Fluffles

Hell Queen Persephone/Lucifer
    Abyss Neptune
    Siren
    Rainbow Keeper
    Awoken Hera

Roughly 40k hp
    4833 Dark Attack and 2094 Blue.
    8316 RCV

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    PS...how crazy is it what some of those people on the PAD forums can field? Atemporal for instance...sheesh! I don't even think I could try the easiest level if that is even an option, since I can't field a team close to that one. I'm really hoping to get a Horus so I can try to do an Egyptian massive damage team at some point.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    A lot of them have been playing since the App came out and spend money on the game often from what I can tell. I have no idea how people can be maxing monsters so quickly otherwise.

There are a few alternatives, but in general 0-stoning this dungeon is a question of did you pull Lucifer? Or did you pull something that can work with a friend Lucifer for a less fun, harder time.
    Most of the alternatives use monsters we don't have yet like Goemon and Hera-Is.

Good Luck with the Horus getting. I think I'll keep my stones. Trying to get one specific god even during a godfest did not work out well for me in the past.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Hm, the patch notes don't mention anything for ultimate evos for the toy dragons. Was looking forward to that!

I very much like 6 teams though.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    I don't think Japan even has those yet, so will be a bit for us.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Got some dragon plants, now i have a moondragon to lead teams in green or white dungeons :)

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I might do a couple pulls if it is an Egyptian god fest, I don't have any egyptian gods. Will have to see what day the fest is on and what all monsters will be in the increased drop rate.

The one god fest I pulled in got a lot of monsters that I did not have from just being new to the game, but now I am not sure how impressed I would be to pull multiple duplicates of monsters I don't need anymore. My light team is lacking right now.

Once evolved I will have a massive dark team. Can now field 2 RK with Hell Queen Persephone so my dark team now can get over 17k HP.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    A lot of them have been playing since the App came out and spend money on the game often from what I can tell. I have no idea how people can be maxing monsters so quickly otherwise.

There are a few alternatives, but in general 0-stoning this dungeon is a question of did you pull Lucifer? Or did you pull something that can work with a friend Lucifer for a less fun, harder time.
    Most of the alternatives use monsters we don't have yet like Goemon and Hera-Is.

Good Luck with the Horus getting. I think I'll keep my stones. Trying to get one specific god even during a godfest did not work out well for me in the past.

Really, 0-stoning appears to be having Lucifer and already having farmed several Heras, unless you've also pulled multiple Hades. My SoD Lucifer account (which is effectively now my main account, it passed up my original in rank already after only a fourth of the days played) can work wonders in lots of situations, but I don't have the versatility yet to do a lot of the special dungeons.

I really wish they'd have let us know ahead of time about this event, I wasn't expecting another so soon and I've been trying to skill up my vampire. I'd have happily held onto a bunch of these Big Baddies I've been feeding him the last few days if I knew that there was going to be 2x skillups so soon. Particularly since repeatedly blowing all my stamina on Dungeon of Dark means I'm not farming the last stage of Ocean of Heaven or progressing past that.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    abotkin wrote: »

Really, 0-stoning appears to be having Lucifer and already having farmed several Heras, unless you've also pulled multiple Hades. My SoD Lucifer account (which is effectively now my main account, it passed up my original in rank already after only a fourth of the days played) can work wonders in lots of situations, but I don't have the versatility yet to do a lot of the special dungeons.

I really wish they'd have let us know ahead of time about this event, I wasn't expecting another so soon and I've been trying to skill up my vampire. I'd have happily held onto a bunch of these Big Baddies I've been feeding him the last few days if I knew that there was going to be 2x skillups so soon. Particularly since repeatedly blowing all my stamina on Dungeon of Dark means I'm not farming the last stage of Ocean of Heaven or progressing past that.

Always hold your skillups for 2x skillup. Its at least two weeks out of the month.

And if we have two difficulties for Valk, I see no reason why you can't clear the dungeon with Lucifer/RK/RK/whatever/Lucifer. You can't one shot the boss, but you can grind her down. Only one resurrect on "easy". No Hera needed. Of course she'd make things go faster. I'm not getting more than one Hera, I'll keep waiting for Hera-IS.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular

You kind of need a Zeus I think, that 35% is a huge deal since you can't let valkyrie have a turn. After gravities and morning stars Valkyrie will have around 40 HP if one of them was a Zeus, otherwise she'll have 84K HP and resurrect. I haven't bothered to do the math to how low you'd need to get valkyrie before nuking her since my Hera's and Luci aren't high enough level yet so either way I need to wait for next time =(.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Wait, am I reading this correctly?

Does Valkyrie cast Resurrection more than once on Mythical difficulty?

• Options
    Yes, supposedly it caps out at 3 resurrects.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yes, supposedly it caps out at 3 resurrects.

Ugh. I guess that means if we don't get the "easy" mode, I should just try a Zeus team.

I do have all the pieces. And I did get my 100-day bonus of 10 stones this morning. But I was hoping to save those for Goemon or Hera-Is.

• Options

Always hold your skillups for 2x skillup. Its at least two weeks out of the month.

And if we have two difficulties for Valk, I see no reason why you can't clear the dungeon with Lucifer/RK/RK/whatever/Lucifer. You can't one shot the boss, but you can grind her down. Only one resurrect on "easy". No Hera needed. Of course she'd make things go faster. I'm not getting more than one Hera, I'll keep waiting for Hera-IS.

If we do get an easier variation, then yeah, I think I will try running it. I'm up to enough team cost to fit Lucifer/2 RKs/2 Dub Mythlits or I can swap out one of the RKs and Dub Mythlits to put both a CDK and a Vampire on the team.

Does anyone know of a list of the bonuses from ranking up? I'm curious about how many more ranks it would take to fit the CDK in with the two RKs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @abotkin there is a list on pad.wiki that shows it. After you get 50 friends its pretty much the same increase every 2 levels for team cost.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Rank

Every even level you get 2 team cost added, if it is a 10th level you get 5 team cost ... so lvl 90 you get 5, lvl92 you get 2, lvl94 you get 2, etc... lvl 100 you get 5.

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    So I really want to take out Master Niflheim, but I am not sure which team would be better for this dungeon. I have a Gigas I can use as a leader with my team HP 4117 and RCV 1160 and choose an Siren/Ama as friend leader.... or should I go with my persephone lead and friends Viper, this team has 5069 HP and 1623 RCV.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    @abotkin there is a list on pad.wiki that shows it. After you get 50 friends its pretty much the same increase every 2 levels for team cost.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Rank

Every even level you get 2 team cost added, if it is a 10th level you get 5 team cost ... so lvl 90 you get 5, lvl92 you get 2, lvl94 you get 2, etc... lvl 100 you get 5.

Awesome, thanks, the last time I'd searched for it I couldn't find it. I wonder if I could manage grinding out 9 ranks in a single day. I'm still at a point where I can grind out the more stamina efficient stages non-stop if I choose, I just don't know if I could manage playing basically non-stop all day long.

steam_sig.png