Options

ROCK BAND - mods close this please

• Options
    MithrusMithrus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gork wrote: »
    In a related question, how much of a disadvantage would one be at using a GH controller during the solos?
    I really doubt there would be any difference at all. I think it's more or less for the authenticity of it all. I mean, a lot of crazy guitar solos have you playing really high notes. These solo buttons just make it look like you're actually playing a solo. Personally, I think it'd be a bit less comfortable than using the regular buttons.

But my old guitar is getting so beaten up that I may need to get a new one soon (something I didn't want to do since I want to have drums as well.

Mithrus on
    getwriters.jpg
    Send a pm my way if you're interested.
  • Options
    RookieRookie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Arikado wrote: »
    Was driving home today and thinking of how awesome "Tie Your Mother Down" by Queen would be for Rock Band. The video of the Foo Fighters and half of Queen playing this live is pretty good. I think it has a lot more "rock" than Killer Queen did in GH1 (even though Killer Queen is one of the best singles ever).

Speaking of the Foo Fighters, this game has a serious lack of the Foo

Rookie on
    TheRizzle.png
    PSN: TheSuperVillain
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rookie wrote: »
    Was driving home today and thinking of how awesome "Tie Your Mother Down" by Queen would be for Rock Band. The video of the Foo Fighters and half of Queen playing this live is pretty good. I think it has a lot more "rock" than Killer Queen did in GH1 (even though Killer Queen is one of the best singles ever).

Hmm...do you not know that "Learn to Fly" is in, or are you just wanting more Foo? I could get on board a Foo Fighters DLC pack, lots of good songs to play, they have.../yoda

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    RookieRookie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rookie wrote: »

Hmm...do you not know that "Learn to Fly" is in, or are you just wanting more Foo? I could get on board a Foo Fighters DLC pack, lots of good songs to play, they have.../yoda

Oh I know it's in, but in my opinion that's hardly the most rockin' Foo Fighters song there is. Monkeywrench or Everlong would have been better choices, and those aren't even my favourite songs of theirs. I wish they would do The Colour And The Shape as a DLC album. I guess Nevermind will have to do though.

Rookie on
    TheRizzle.png
    PSN: TheSuperVillain
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    "Low" or "DOA" from the Foo Fighters would be great. However, I have the feeling they'd add "All My Life" if they add anything at all.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Big Hell Yes to the Everlong notion...

the Togfather on
    twit feed
  • Options
    SentienceSentience Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I didn't believe my fucking eyes when I saw 'Pixies' and 'Rock Band' together. Holy shit, insta-buy. The only unfortunate thing is that the song is like two minutes long. I so wish they used River Euphrates.

Sentience on
  • Options
    Christ PuncherChrist Puncher Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I woulda liked "Planet of Sound", "Alec Eiffel", or "Mr. Grieves". In a perfect world, I would have liked "Nimrod's Son."

"Tame" would have been incredible. And hilarious to play. Most people's vocals would be shot after trying to sing it accurately though.

"Wave of Mutilation" was unexpected though. Can't wait.

Quick question about the microphone as it seems I might get stuck being the singer in my "band": How does it work exactly? Does it recognize lyrics? You have to tap on it along with the beat right?

Christ Puncher on
    Wii friend code: 7549 1748 0857 1681

XBL: Slimebucato
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Am I the only one?

Edit:
    Rock Band is on tour...apparently there are two tour buses traveling the country right now, there is a confirmed sighting in St. Louis, the first stop of the East Coast tour. Here are the locations:

West Coast Team:
    Las Vegas
    Portland
    Seattle
    Sacramento
    San Francisco
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Los Angeles
    Phoenix
    Austin
    Dallas

East Coast Team:
    St. Louis
    Milwaukee
    Chicago
    Columbus
    Pittsburgh
    Cleveland
    New York, NJ
    Baltimore
    Philadelphia
    Boston
    New York, NY
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    Orlando

No dates, times, or specific locations mentioned however. I'd suggest paying attention to local radio as they've been mentioning stuff on the big St. Louis station...

Original Post

This makes me hate living in Alaska. Never get shit.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Docshifty wrote: »

This makes me hate living in Alaska. Never get shit.

Hey, you're separated from the mainland by an entire country. In Alabama, I always watch stuff go to Atlanta, just out of reach.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i'm a fan of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, so maps is cool, cant wait to play drums on it...

although i can think of lots of other songs i want by them now too, but honestly, never expected them to be on rock band, so awesome.

the only song i know of the pixies is "Where is my mind" (thanks to fight club) but i dig their sound, so i'll probably like their song too.

Edit: With the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, does this mean that my chances of the Decemberists are slightly higher now?

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    ValernosValernos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rock Band is on tour...apparently there are two tour buses traveling the country right now, there is a confirmed sighting in St. Louis, the first stop of the East Coast tour. Here are the locations:

West Coast Team:
    Las Vegas
    Portland
    Seattle
    Sacramento
    San Francisco
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Los Angeles
    Phoenix
    Austin
    Dallas

East Coast Team:
    St. Louis
    Milwaukee
    Chicago
    Columbus
    Pittsburgh
    Cleveland
    New York, NJ
    Baltimore
    Philadelphia
    Boston
    New York, NY
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    Orlando

No dates, times, or specific locations mentioned however. I'd suggest paying attention to local radio as they've been mentioning stuff on the big St. Louis station...

Original Post

Houston says fuck you. Goddamn I'm sick of getting the shaft here. We're the fourth largest goddamn city in the entire fucking nation. Can we get some fucking love, please? Fuck.

Valernos on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I want Boys Don't Cry by The Cure

bruin on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Valernos wrote:
    Houston says fuck you. Goddamn I'm sick of getting the shaft here. We're the fourth largest goddamn city in the entire fucking nation. Can we get some fucking love, please? Fuck.

I know Tejas is big, but is it that big that Austin and Dallas are too far away to make the trip? And hey, at least you get some kind of heads up, instead of finding out they're in your hometown (St. Louis) only as their pretty much on their way out.

the Togfather on
    twit feed
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I will be doing my best to make it to both the New York and New Jersey dates, since I live in the latter and work in the former. :) Also, dollars to donuts the NY location will be in Times Square at the MTV building, which I can see from my place of employment if I look out the window. I'm there, fuckers!

I'm also still considering my upgrade path for both RB and GH3. I have a dual guitar setup for my PS2 with GH1 and 2, but I'm wondering if I should pick up GH2 + guitar for the 360 whenever it's cheap, because it's almost assured the 360 explorer will work with both games. I'm thinking, given RO's previous actions with non-RO guitar controllers, that the GH3 guitar will work in RB, but the RB guitar won't work in GH3.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    DemosthornDemosthorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    No DC? Odd.

Demosthorn on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    I will be doing my best to make it to both the New York and New Jersey dates, since I live in the latter and work in the former. :) Also, dollars to donuts the NY location will be in Times Square at the MTV building, which I can see from my place of employment if I look out the window. I'm there, fuckers!

I'm also still considering my upgrade path for both RB and GH3. I have a dual guitar setup for my PS2 with GH1 and 2, but I'm wondering if I should pick up GH2 + guitar for the 360 whenever it's cheap, because it's almost assured the 360 explorer will work with both games. I'm thinking, given RO's previous actions with non-RO guitar controllers, that the GH3 guitar will work in RB, but the RB guitar won't work in GH3.

Man, you work in Times Square? I was close to you without ever knowing it. I wish you would have said something when I was there.

YardGnome on
  • Options
    unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Valernos wrote:

I know Tejas is big, but is it that big that Austin and Dallas are too far away to make the trip? And hey, at least you get some kind of heads up, instead of finding out they're in your hometown (St. Louis) only as their pretty much on their way out.

Austin is about 3 hours from here. Dallas is about 6.

Which, to be honest, isn't worth it to go see Rock Band. I'd rather wait to actually buy and play it.

Of course, it depends on what this tour is.

unpurposed on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    unpurposed wrote: »
    Valernos wrote:

Austin is about 3 hours from here. Dallas is about 6.

Which, to be honest, isn't worth it to go see Rock Band. I'd rather wait to actually buy and play it.

Of course, it depends on what this tour is.
    And it doesn’t stop there. Aspiring rockers will have the
    chance to participate in a nationwide casting call through MTV's
    Rock Band "Rock Off" events. All performers brave enough
    to play on the Rock Band tour bus main-stage will be captured on video
    and viewed by MTV casting directors. Two bands will be chosen and
    flown to New York City to spend a day with a real rock band and
    receive true rock star training. The auditions will culminate with the
    bands rocking on-air on MTV's TRL, and one band ultimately
    chosen to open on a real stage for a yet-to-be-named mega band at the
    Rock Band launch concert.

The Rock Band tour rigs will travel to local college campuses and
    other locations around the country including:
    Las Vegas, NV September 9 - 16, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI September 13 - 16, 2007
    Sacramento, CA September 20 - 23, 2007
    Columbus, OH September 20 - 23, 2007
    Seattle, WA September 27 - 30, 2007
    Chicago, IL September 27 - 30, 2007
    Portland, OR October 4 - 7, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA October 4 - 7, 2007
    Oakland, CA October 11 - 14, 2007
    Cleveland, OH October 11 - 14, 2007
    San Francisco, CA October 17 - 21, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA October 18 - 21, 2007
    San Diego, CA October 25 - 28, 2007
    Baltimore, MD October 25 - 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA October 31 - November 18, 2007
    New York, NY November 1 - 4, 2007
    Boston, MA November 8 - 11, 2007
    New Jersey November 15 - 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ November 27 - 30, 2007
    Atlanta, GA November 27 - December 2, 2007
    Austin, TX December 6 - 9, 2007
    New Orleans, LA December 6 - 9, 2007
    Dallas, TX December 13 - 16, 2007
    Orlando, FL December 13 - 16, 2007

Specific locations for each city will be released separately. In
    addition, fans can visit http://www.rockband.com/tour beginning
    September 9th for more information on dates, locations and Rock Band
    news.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I think American Idiot by Greenday would be a perfect song for Rock Band. Some really cool guitar and drum parts in that song.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mithrus wrote: »
    Gork wrote: »
    In a related question, how much of a disadvantage would one be at using a GH controller during the solos?
    I really doubt there would be any difference at all. I think it's more or less for the authenticity of it all. I mean, a lot of crazy guitar solos have you playing really high notes. These solo buttons just make it look like you're actually playing a solo. Personally, I think it'd be a bit less comfortable than using the regular buttons.

But my old guitar is getting so beaten up that I may need to get a new one soon (something I didn't want to do since I want to have drums as well.

Woo, EBGames is listing the controller coming out sans game a week after GHIII ships. Problem solved.

As long as Harmonix and EA goes with that.

Gork on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

"I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness. This.. this needs to be in the game. Needs to. Maybe I'm crazy, I don't know. But it would be so right, so right baby.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    In the last week I've suddenly found myself recruited to play drums for an actual rock band. I'm not a great drummer, but I'm good enough to play this stuff.

Strangely, the prospect of being in an actual band makes me more excited for Rock Band, not less.

Captain K on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Captain K wrote: »
    In the last week I've suddenly found myself recruited to play drums for an actual rock band. I'm not a great drummer, but I'm good enough to play this stuff.

Strangely, the prospect of being in an actual band makes me more excited for Rock Band, not less.

Nerd.

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I've had to spend like $700 on cymbals and hardware to replace stuff that got stolen last summer... I didn't think I'd ever need to bother D:

Captain K on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    K, you never told me you play drums.

Hi5

When I get famous and quit to make solo records, you can take over my spot in Leonidas and the 299 Spartans.

YardGnome on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I don't think you really play any instrument until you've actually had people sit still for 30+ minutes just to listen to you.

This has never happened for me on drums.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    humorously, it has happened to me with Guitar Hero

Captain K on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Docshifty wrote: »

I was listening to that song just today and thought the exact same thing. :^: to you, sir.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, I may be proving my forum title true here, but I'm really, really excited about all the Grateful Dead tracks.

I hope to god they have Help On The Way/Slipknot, that'd be fun to play guitar on. I feel sorry for the drummer if any of the songs include the drum space, haha.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I think American Idiot by Greenday would be a perfect song for Rock Band. Some really cool guitar and drum parts in that song.

You want to play the same three chords over and over for 3 minutes?

I don't call that fun.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Kyougu wrote: »

You want to play the same three chords over and over for 3 minutes?

I don't call that fun.

"Hitchin' a Ride" or "Holiday" would work in the sense of the game. Avoiding redundant patterns for all players, of course.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    American Idiot isn't their most Rock Band-worthy song, but i think Green Day would be good, but work best if the person on guitar was singing as well. Still, good for the drummer and bass player.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Basket Case

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Basket Case

Definitely the obvious choice.

Captain K on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hooray.

we drew straws between us of who would buy which peripheral then by extension what roles we play in the band.

i got lead guitar.

i know drums is probably more fun but rock band has a solo mechanic and im gonna get super good and wail that guitar.

thank fuck i didnt get vocals. the person who got it looked really upset about being lumped with arguably the worst (though cheapest) role.

regardless, once we have em all we are gonna swap all the time anyways.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    DirtchamberDirtchamber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Soundgarden.

Black Hole Sun.

Put it in.

Dirtchamber on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Captain K wrote: »
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Basket Case

Definitely the obvious choice.

the obvious, but i'd equate it with Creep from Radiohead. It's popular, but by no means the best song. I'd want Westbound Sign or Stuart and the Avenue, but i guess for complexity, they'll mostly be about the same level.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So...how do you use star power (is it still called that?) on drums?

bruin on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Soundgarden.

Black Hole Sun.

Put it in.

:^:

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)