Options

[Call of Duty]: Black Ops 3 (jump suits and all) out now!

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    It's Holiground's wife's BDay

Come play CoDs.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    A little too much sangria ended festivities a little early. sorry boys.

also, she wanted me to remind everyone she went 10/16 captures in one game of blitz.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnh1HxxdjvQ&feature=youtu.be

I am so on board for fog. If any goose gets between me and that field order I am going to cut them so deep.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Those all look pretty cool. Definitely contemplating picking them up.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Season Pass worth it just for Michael Myers. Let me use that as a skin in regular MP and add more horror movie characters = I'm back for at least a week.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    GarethMagisGarethMagis Registered User regular
    So i have a friend who is making some very odd claims about this game he just posted on facebook

"It turns out Call of Duty Ghosts is set up to where if your too good you will get kicked from the game, in other words if your playing with a bunch of fucktards and you kill them all without dying within a certain amount of time you get fucked. that game is getting more fucked by the day, I wish there was a gaming company that could create a decent FPS to topple CoD. They have gotten too big for their britches and have stopped working and started creating shit and horrible experiences. There isn't a day where I play it going away feeling happy and fulfilled, I wish there was a decent FPS to play online. I wish I could sue Activision for the title license and gather some inteligent people to maintain and update the franchise. Alas, capitalism is a failure and only spurs lazy people to do as little work as possible for the most money."

When i asked him for a source he responded with

" They are trying to make the game more enjoyable for players so they created an algorithm that detects how quickly you get kills and how many times you die within the first 2 minutes, if you have a majority of the kills on your team and you haven't died or died very little and the opposing team has very low score, you get kicked without reason. How about you pick up a controller and put some time in and find out. I have 194 hours in on multiplayer alone right now."

This isn't actually a thing right? It seems like their would be an outcry of some sort, unless he is just the only person so good that this thing effects. I googled and checked some message boards and didn't see anything about it. I figured i would ask here though just in case.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    About as legitimate as my PhD.

• Options
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Thank you doctor mechanical, now i didn't want to doubt my friend so i'm glad you could clear that up.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Happy I could help. General rule of thumb: If it sounds absurd and isn't tied to a sequence of events in a zombie mode of a Treyarch game with this series, it's probably fake.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Nobody else makes a good FPS if only there was some company that made a game the felt like a Battlefield, now that would be a good FPS

The DLC looks pretty awesome. I also love that they called the aliens cryptids. Not a fan of the invisible aliens, but the giant aliens are a good idea.

• Options
    Thank you doctor mechanical, now i didn't want to doubt my friend so i'm glad you could clear that up.

A PhD make you a professor.

• Options
    Wow, i only skimmed what he actually wrote, i knew it was stupid when i started reading about how good players get kicked i didn't even make it to "Alas, capitalism is a failure and only spurs lazy people to do as little work as possible for the most money." Maybe it's time for me to find new friends XD

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

A PhD make you a professor.

Getting to professor takes a lot longer than it does to complete a PhD.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Season Pass worth it just for Michael Myers. Let me use that as a skin in regular MP and add more horror movie characters = I'm back for at least a week.

Looking at Fog the map seems like it would have been better suited, theme wise, for Jason Vorhees or Victor Crowley (Hatchet). But using Michael and forcing the enemy team to hear that piano score is just brillant. Now they just need to make a dedicated Michael Myers game mode where one guy is Myers and everyone has to run and try to survive for X amount of time. Like infected but you get no weapons and you don't become a hunter when you get killed.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Nobody else makes a good FPS if only there was some company that made a game the felt like a Battlefield, now that would be a good FPS

The DLC looks pretty awesome. I also love that they called the aliens cryptids. Not a fan of the invisible aliens, but the giant aliens are a good idea.

I wonder if the MM thing is just a Maniac reskin :P

Also looked like the invisible aliens are only invisible while jumping, so they're probably not that annoying.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »

I wonder if the MM thing is just a Maniac reskin :P

Also looked like the invisible aliens are only invisible while jumping, so they're probably not that annoying.

It's probably a reskin, but it's a goddamn awesome reskin.

I'd like to think they aren't annoying, but I'm still traumatized by those invisible jumping guys from Borderlands so I have an instinctual dislike of invisible teleporting bad guys.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to see him be a Maniac but he gets full health back with each kill. Would make it a lot more tense and force people to use AP or group up to survive

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Full health on a kill might be a bit op, but getting a portion (or timed amount of health regen) I could deal with.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yeah, with only 6 class slots available in game, you can't always be expected to have AP rounds

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I'm sure some people were screaming camper at me for this, but god damn it. They wouldn't stop coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVkeymXLoHA

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Got to camp when you're on the opposite side of the map from your teammates and the bad guys keep spawning around you. It is in fact the only time camping is acceptable. But I wouldn't really consider that camping. It's not like you're headglitching behind a barrel or something.

Magell on
  • Options
    Clan war this weekend (right now actually).

Anyone care or going to play this on 360?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Clan war this weekend (right now actually).

Anyone care or going to play this on 360?

My poor clan got dumped into Platinum this time. Yeah. These guys play too rough. We're so far behind that there is just no chance of coming back. Hope we get dropped back to gold and have a better chance at unlocking the heads, and hopefully, the uniform.

• Options
    I thought we were solidly in Silver bracket? Or are you not a wizard?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I thought we were solidly in Silver bracket? Or are you not a wizard?

Nah I got a Clan that was mostly for my regular crew that plays on Sat.

We're the ROFLcopter {LULZ]

We've gotten lucky in clan wars. Top 3 in all of them and our first gold outing we were the only active crew so we all unlocked the body count camo for our guns.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

I just want one more twitch FPS

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Gotham City Impostors played fairly well like a twitch FPS although different body types for characters could give you a lot of health so you could take a beating like a Gears character. But GCI is one of the best, most fun shooters I've played, I wish more people would have played it.

• Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    So wolf became available in the PSN store, and I spent the money on it. It looks cool, but it sounds like an angry racoon. Have yet to decide if this is awesome or not.

PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    I'm going to be playing Ghosts for a while tonight so people should get on and play with me, or at least post what the clan war modes are so I can play them.

• Options

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare kinda gives me a Gotham City Impostors feel so maybe one more month and you'll have a silly twitch shooter to play with.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Gotham City Impostors played fairly well like a twitch FPS although different body types for characters could give you a lot of health so you could take a beating like a Gears character. But GCI is one of the best, most fun shooters I've played, I wish more people would have played it.

Huh. I think it was free on steam right? I recall downloading it I think. Was it on PS3 by any chance?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it got released on all the consoles. I know I played it on 360 all the time.

I did some Extinction by myself and did okay, but the auto sentry sucks at early stages.

I played three games with a 4 person clan, 2 with them and 1 against, the ones with them were way more fun. Even though they didn't actually respond to me talking and mostly talked amongst themselves just hearing people talk made it seem more social than normal.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    So I've been playing this game almost nonstop for the past 3 days or so after I just installed my new graphics card, so I need to catch proper sleep like a regular human being

Quick thoughts though!

Great-looking set pieces. I prefer the near-future aesthetic of this game to the aesthetic of Black Ops II. Absolutely loved the space and ocean segments, some really interesting vertical elements to the level design
    jesus Harold Christ stop with the fucking international conflicts/World Wars. It doesn't need to be absolutely balls-to-the-wall all-out conflict for the game to be exciting, and that shit's getting old
    Multiplayer is super tight, all the guns I've tried so far are super viable from the get-go and don't require a huge grind or a massive amount of work to make workable like it did for me in Black Ops 2 (personal experience, ymmv) Movement is great, speedy like BO2 and crouch slide is god - it has the flexibility of getting back up to sprint or sliding into prone which I love. Miles better than that dive-to-prone which is like getting a fucking engagement ring for a tangibly prebaked animation
    Perk system might be a little too cluttered for my taste but its nice that the freedom's still there
    I love Squads Alot [sic], but I find I have to alter some of my builds in order to accommodate for AI (I have a dude with an M14EBR with Holographic and instead of rocking that 2HKO up close range like I do he just switches to secondary). Any good squad AI builds?

Remington R5 sounds like a rapid-fire horse kicking a door and I love it

(Haven't tried Extinction yet.)
    But seriously InfinityWard these World Wars won't exist, stahp

• Options
    CoD time By the power of grey skull I summon @maygodhavemercy @belligerent @jonny439 @dinoarus @sPider817

How sweet! You thought of me when inviting people to the dickpunching fest!

• Options
    sPider817 wrote: »
    CoD time By the power of grey skull I summon @sPider817

How sweet! You thought of me when inviting people to the dickpunching fest!

I know how much you love dickpunching.

• Options
    mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    Double XP weekend? Just logged in and saw the XXP icon.

PS4: mFiend
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yep

• Options
    Why don't they do the 2XP weekends, I don't know, the week AFTER new DLC drops?

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    @magell

Mans shooting time.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI