Options

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I love Jack Gleeson so much.
    Going to miss having him on our screens.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm at episode 8 of Season 3

There's no way there can be a worse wedding than this one

Nope

Nuh uh

Not this season

Not even in the very next episode

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm at episode 8 of Season 3

There's no way there can be a worse wedding than this one

Nope

Nuh uh

Not this season

Not even in the very next episode

don't worry, the weddings are all smiles from here on out

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Hah cersei looks so glum.

Good.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, the wedding between Jon Snow and Ghost is particularly touching.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Sam
    I know that later he busts out a whole satchel of them but damnit I was so pissed when he killed that white walker and then ran off leaving the obsidian dagger on the ground

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah, the wedding between Hodor and Bart the Bear is particularly touching.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, the wedding between Hodor and Bart the Bear is particularly touching.

I really could have done without the horrifically graphic sex scene though.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Sam
    I know that later he busts out a whole satchel of them but damnit I was so pissed when he killed that white walker and then ran off leaving the obsidian dagger on the ground

they made a note of how it got really really cold in the book so at that point he might not have been able to hold on to it.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the wedding between Jon Snow and Ghost is particularly touching.

Where the hell is Ghost anyway?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yo

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    So in the past two weeks I marathoned the whole series from start to finish.

Haven't read the books, but now I'm hooked.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9CvDPXYNI

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

...yeah

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Yo

No, the fun one.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I don't know to feel about this upcoming film staring Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcaZ3StTfI

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Feel happy about the fat paycheck he got

Also that's maybe the most blatantly pandering thumbnail I've...ever seen?

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Movies like that are shit and here is why.

1) Reasons.

Also that's maybe the most blatantly pandering thumbnail I've...ever seen?
    That's pretty much Youtube in a nutshell.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I'm not sure which is more perfect

Nikolaj's face or Charles Dance's voice

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm more annoyed with Nikki Minaj being in that movie than Nikolaj

• Options
    so the Red Wedding
    As much as they tried to rope me in with Robb and Talisa's lovey dovey happily ever after family talk, I had written him off as completely fucked the second he married that girl

That's not how shit works here

You don't betray an oath like that

And you especially don't break a promise to a dude that skeevy

Now of course I knew that was coming, cause it was impossible to not know from just being a person on the internet in 2013

I imagine I still would've thought the same even if I didn't know exactly what was going to happen

Robb was kind of a dummy and I will not particularly miss him

Cat, though

damn

THAT one sucks

I do love how they use the Starks on this series, easily the most identifiable and heroic characters, to demonstrate that they're the exception that proves the rule that just being benevolent and honorable and heroic is not how you survive in this shithole world

That's why the Lannisters are all still alive with the Iron Throne and 3 of the 7 major Starks are dead

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    That trailer is literally the worst

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

How so

• Options
    Oh also there's no better way for a TV show to officially declare the mic dropped than absolutely silent credits

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Oh also there's no better way for a TV show to officially declare the mic dropped than absolutely silent credits

Those are my second favorite credits in season 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiTB2NFvAM

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    I thought the Hold Steady song was supposed to be over the credits after the Red Wedding episode

So I got to be surprised twice

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

How so

Which part? Nikki Minaj in general annoys me and feels like a stunt casting to try to appeal to a different group of people that might not go to see this movie. Whereas Nikolaj is a marketable face that has acting chops and lends credibility to the role/movie.

Also the movie itself is fine, harmless even. Just probably not aiming at the demographic of the ones bothered by it in this thread.

Goose! on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I absolutely adore the soulful songs they sometimes have during the credits after a particularly intense episode.

• Options
    I can't figure out what the feeling was I had

Maybe it was pity?

For when I saw someone disparage the Hold Steady song over the credits because "they blasted you with "punk rawk" and ruined the moment"

Just derisively calling the Hold Steady "punk rawk", specifically the "rawk" part, appears to me as a person so very out of touch with music

And I think it really depressed me?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I was one of those people who didn't see the Red Wedding coming. I had binge watched all 3 seasons in a few days so my mind was kind of all over the place and then WHAMMO! One of the greatest moments in my TV watching life.

Last weeks episode gave me the biggest grin ever though. Once I knew what was happening I just sat there with saying "DO IT. DO IT. DOOOO IT!" And they did it. And quite well might I add!

I need to read the books though because I still have no clue what the fuck is going on with Bran.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    so the Red Wedding
    As much as they tried to rope me in with Robb and Talisa's lovey dovey happily ever after family talk, I had written him off as completely fucked the second he married that girl

That's not how shit works here

You don't betray an oath like that

And you especially don't break a promise to a dude that skeevy

Now of course I knew that was coming, cause it was impossible to not know from just being a person on the internet in 2013

I imagine I still would've thought the same even if I didn't know exactly what was going to happen

Robb was kind of a dummy and I will not particularly miss him

Cat, though

damn

THAT one sucks

I do love how they use the Starks on this series, easily the most identifiable and heroic characters, to demonstrate that they're the exception that proves the rule that just being benevolent and honorable and heroic is not how you survive in this shithole world

That's why the Lannisters are all still alive with the Iron Throne and 3 of the 7 major Starks are dead

Book Version Bits:
    Yeah, as obvious that at least something bad was going to happen was, in the book they're far more vocally aware of how big of a mistake Robb made, and how dangerous the Freys would be because of it. If I remember right, Cat goes on about needing to be careful, and at the very least to always trust your direwolf because they seem to have a sense of when things aren't right....followed shortly after by both of them blatantly ignoring Grey Wind freaking out. It felt out of character for all the care and awareness they were showing literally right up until they committed to entering the keep.

That sudden change of character in both of them was so frustrating, the wedding itself didn't bother me as much, especially since I knew that abrupt change meant they were 100% dead.

Despite the ominous feelings, I thought the show did a much better job concealing the surprise of it, even if I wouldn't think too many people actually believed it was all going to turn out super happy times for Robb and Co.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Also I finally got a copy of book 5 so I just started re-reading them all to get caught back up. I better hurry, what with the blending of books in this season apparently already touching on book 5, it seems to be making people a bit more free with book 5 spoilers, and I've done pretty okay avoiding them so far.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    missing Robb more than cat seems completely alien to me. Cat chapters were the woooorrrrst

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    The biggest mistake anyone could ever make is bringing Catelyn "screw up everything she touches" Stark back to life. Of course, this makes Lady Stoneheart the worst character by default.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I wonder if it was Cat who made Ned a terrible politician, or vice versa

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    @Mr. G Under no circumstances read anialos' post

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I still think that thing in that spoiler should have been the season 3 cut to credits stinger.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    @Mr. G Under no circumstances read anialos' post

You could say that for all of them really.

• Options
    When can we expect to see Stoneheart?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    When can we expect to see Stoneheart?
    It will probably be the closing stinger of this season

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I still think that thing in that spoiler should have been the season 3 cut to credits stinger.

I find it hilarious ironic that they ended season 3 with the Mhysa Dany scene
    cause that is literally the last time she is happy in the current plot of books (end of aDwD)

J3qcnBP.png
This discussion has been closed.