As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dress Like You've Got Your Own Theme Music

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    So every spring, I go through a phase where I realize how ungodly pale I am and break out the gradual self-tanner, keep up with it for a few weeks, and then say fuck it and give up on it for another year. Right now I'm at the beginning of the phase and I had forgotten how much the smell would linger, so I just put it on before work this morning.

Luckily the coworker I share my office with is out today, because dear Lord do I smell like self-tanner.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I do that! Except for the smell thing because I don't know if it smells or not. Also my phase lasts, like, a day.

... I miss real summer.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    None of you can out-pale me.

I am the pallor of death.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Yo, I'm talkin Larry Bird levels of pale up in this piece

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Pale Fight.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Gimme half an hour and I'll be red as a strawberry.
    And the next day I shed my skin to confuse predators and slink off into the trees once more.

Jesus, I need a haircut.
    When I washed it this morning it was like... in place and stuff? Now that it dried (and probably because I drove with the window down) it is all floofy in directions.
    IMG_20140421_124117041_zpslio1yevm.jpg

To make things better, here's a picture of my son being awesome
    IMG_20140410_085912269_zpsae17c5f3.jpg

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    The sunlight reflecting off my legs is a hazard to passing motorists.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty sure Liiya decimates anyone in a paleness fight.

Personally, I prefer being pale to tanned.
    I plan the amount of times I go out in shorts in the summer so that I don't get noticeably tanned.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Aw yeah, Psykoma's got my back in this rap pale battle.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm not inhumanly pale, but I was intended by nature to be a browny kind of person and thanks to five years of no sun I'm now a pallid kind of person and it doesn't look good on me.

tynic on
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I'm not inhumanly pale, but I was intended by nature to be a browny kind of person and thanks to five years of no sun I'm now a pallid kind of person and it doesn't look good on me.

Always winter, but never Christmas.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

Always winter, but never Christmas.

is ... is this Narnia?
    ... hmm would explain the fauna ...

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    MadEddy wrote: »

My thighs are roughly the color of the bleaching dye they use to make egg shells white.

Fact.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Whoa hey did someone say there was a pale-off? It's a good thing people are supposed to cover up during winter, because otherwise I would blend in perfectly with the snow. And also probably die of hypothermia.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    @Hacksaw could give Aziz light

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Let us all gather for a pale-off. So much brightness gathered in one location is sure to act as some sort of interstellar signal to the gloriously pale aliens that brought us here. We can finally go home, you guys.
    We can finally go home.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I don't use scented products because I have a mild perfume allergy and don't want to have sniffles all the time

also because I don't want to make it easier for hunters to track me by scent

In an urban environment wouldn't a popular / common perfumed scent make you harder to track because of other people wearing it?

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Pale PAX 2014? It's either gonna have to happen in Ireland or Nova Scotia.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Pale PAX 2014? It's either gonna have to happen in Ireland or Nova Scotia.

I can attest to this

luckily I got some darker skinned acadian genes from my father's side so I don't burst into flame in direct sunlight like most of my cousins

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Red or pale - no inbetween for me

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

for real I immediately started trying to figure out if there was any way I could try to go to that

but even if I could manage the time off/plane tickets, we'll have a litter of newborn puppies in the house at that point

what I'm saying is, Nova Scotia is the superior choice because puppies

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    @Hacksaw could give Aziz light

Clapping.gif

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

My thighs are roughly the color of the bleaching dye they use to make egg shells white.

Fact.

Wait hold the fucking phone

They bleach eggs? I thought different chickens just laid different colored eggs.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I literally know nothing about farm animals except that pigs are awful and terrifying and horses are pretty and that I hate the country

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Also that cows

Are ruminants

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Fact.

Wait hold the fucking phone

They bleach eggs? I thought different chickens just laid different colored eggs.

They do not bleach eggs. Different chickens lay different color eggs.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Oh thank goodness

Adding that to my list of known facts about farms

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just found out that some chickens lay blue eggs
    I will from now on be mega disappointed that I don't eat those all the time

• Options
    Whaaaa

Gimme the blue eggs

I've always wanted to eat blue eggs but I figured robins were my only option

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    And it goes without saying I wouldn't eat a robin egg because have you guys smelled fertilized eggs when you bust them open

Wooo doggy that's a smell

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah it's the smell of the death of an innocent growing thing, duh it smells bad

• Options
    It was for science :(

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Man, it got real in here real quick

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    And it goes without saying I wouldn't eat a robin egg because have you guys smelled fertilized eggs when you bust them open

Wooo doggy that's a smell

I think between the choice of getting kicked in the nads several times and eating balut, I'd take the kicks. Just the idea of that food is nauseating.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    It was for science :(

Oh okay Hitler

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    My next to last comfortably fitting bra snapped an underwire last night so I sang taps for it and went bra shopping today, bra shopping being second to none in terms of shopping I hate to do most of anything ever! Lane Bryant had a bunch of buy one get one half off including clearance bras though so I bought two, tried on about 20 (ugh bra shopping hissssss) and came home to look up what I bought online to find out that they have $50 off any $100 purchase which stacked with the bogo on bras so now I've spent $90 and got four properly fitting bras, 5 pairs of adorable panties, and a package of no show cushy socks. Scoooooooore

also two of them are neon lace balconette bras so DOUBLE SCORE

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I can tan a bit, I burn a lot. But mostly I get gross freckles. My dad's propensity for moles coupled with a family history of skin cancer means I get to spend a lot of quality time with dermatologists getting moles removed. I have the most uninteresting scars.
    Edit: I mostly just try to stay pale, though

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I am a brown person, no pale pax for me!!

This discussion has been closed.