As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium Game 8 - Game Over!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    A revolution is brewing, and the paradigm of how the galaxy works is threatening to shift...

Labor Force Politics (LAW)
    For: The influence and resource values of all planets are reversed.
    Against: Players can produce units at only one of their Space Docks for the remainder of this round.

Votes Available
    The Arborec: 7 votes
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 7 votes
    The Clan of Saar: 2 votes
    The Mentak Coalition: 2 votes
    Federation of Sol: 6 votes
    The Emirates of Hacan: 17 votes

(41 total votes available)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    The Saar's massive political machine votes firmly Against

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Hah! Nice one! Was wondering if this one was floating around.

Alright well... by my count... noone wins this one except Hacan, and that's only with Mecatol Rex control. If that's lost to them - even they would be worse off. Everyone else has more resources than inf - the starting position buys were certainly based on resources :)

Vote against

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Typical of Mentak oppressors to side against the common laborer! Join us, brothers! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Vote For

• Options
    robinlambertrobinlambert Registered User regular
    For. Just cause.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    A Sol once wrote (paraphrasing from the Coalition's memory):

"There have always been three classes of people: the High, the Middle and the Low. The aim of the high is to retain power and prevent others from ascending. The aim of the middle is to trade places with the High. The Low never really obtain their aims. The Middle attempt to overthrow the High by enlisting, enticing or tricking the Low, usually under the banners of Justice, Democracy, Liberty and similar. Once the Middle become the High, they abandon the Low as unnecessary."

Your banners of just cause and liberty are lies!

Kaneski on
  • Options
    Your databanks on Sol are out of date. That entry hasn't been true since the mid 20th century (0.851 EA Galactic cycle).

Now the high have FOX News tricking the low into dragging the middle down to low.

• Options
    Alright cool. Boo FOX. >_> Am I doing that right?

• Options
    Hail Hydra.

Who is left to vote?

• Options
    Arborec and Hacan

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Vote against

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    The Arborec: 7 votes - AGAINST
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 7 votes - FOR
    The Clan of Saar: 2 votes - AGAINST
    The Mentak Coalition: 2 votes - AGAINST
    Federation of Sol: 6 votes - FOR
    The Emirates of Hacan: 17 votes

FOR - 13
    AGAINST - 11
    ABSTAIN - 0

@preda to decide things.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I'm slightly in favour of for. Anyone want to put some incentive to make me change idea?

• Options
    Wish I could change my vote to 'for'.

• Options
    Vote your heart's song.

• Options
    Ok, no interest in buying my vote, so Vote FOR and let's pass to the second agenda with the new vote count...

• Options
    The agenda passes FOR, swapping the influence and resource values of all planets.

Amidst the chaos of the change in representation, the Naalu step up with a revolutionary claim. An ancient artifact, and the support of the Naalu race, are available to the ones that are worthy of the title of galactic leaders...

The Crown of Emphidia (LAW)
    Elect Player: Give this card to the elected player. He immediately receives 1 victory point. A player that wins an Invasion Combat against this player immediately claims this card and receives 1 victory point. If a player ever loses this card, he loses 1 victory point.

Votes Available
    The Arborec: 8 votes
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 9 votes
    The Clan of Saar: 1 vote
    The Mentak Coalition: 5 votes
    Federation of Sol: 8 votes
    The Emirates of Hacan: 11 votes

(42 total votes available)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    What an interesting agenda...

• Options
    8 Votes for The Aborec

• Options
    I say Saar. Someone behind, who isn't Hacan, and who the Hacan aren't getting to.

• Options
    Arborec can't have it - Hacan have enough counters and cards to delay until they're the last to go; throw everything into a single planet to get the card and then wham - Imperium Rex for victory.

5 votes for Saar

• Options
    You guys think I can't defend my space-turf?
    My spores are always at the ready!

• Options
    Sure. Just... can you defend it against literally the entire Hacan fleet and ground troops? Including whatever they build this round? Because he doesn't have to do it this round - he can quite happily do it next round, and the only thing that can make that not happen is MrBody taking one of your planets. Noone else is in range.

• Options
    Vote Saar

• Options
    @MrBlarney‌ Just to be sure, since the card isn't really well written, the take away carry on or not? Explaining better, the Saar win the vote, than Mentak invade the Saar (totally ipothetical. Sure...), they get the card and the point. If someone than attacks Mentak, do they get the card and the point too? Because from how the card is written it seems not...

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Preda wrote: »
    @MrBlarney‌ Just to be sure, since the card isn't really well written, the take away carry on or not? Explaining better, the Saar win the vote, than Mentak invade the Saar (totally ipothetical. Sure...), they get the card and the point. If someone than attacks Mentak, do they get the card and the point too? Because from how the card is written it seems not...

Huh... I always interpreted that this card gets passed around until repealed. I guess I can see the ambiguity in the use of "wins against that player" referring only to the initial vote winner. But then the last sentence doesn't make sense for a single-pass-around. From those who voted - did you think it gets passed around forever? @MrBody @stever777‌

Kaneski on
  • Options
    I agree that it has a lot more sense if it continue to be passed around, but the wording is at least equivocal.

• Options
    I assumed passed around forever.

Vote Mentak.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Vote Mentak.

Well, crap. Hacan basically decides this one. I hope your fleets are up to the task, Arborec, he might actually go for it :)

Kaneski on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I also assumed passed around forever but it is written vaguely.
    Otherwise, you're assuming some evil-doer would destroy The Crown the sweet Naalu support!

Kaneski wrote: »
    Sure. Just... can you defend it against literally the entire Hacan fleet and ground troops? Including whatever they build this round? Because he doesn't have to do it this round - he can quite happily do it next round, and the only thing that can make that not happen is MrBody taking one of your planets. Noone else is in range.

I can build with my GFs & Flagship & also have the Prod card this turn. Pretty sure I can keep it, esp since Hacan is involved with more pressing matters.

E - Plus a thingy I have in store for any serious invader.

stever777 on

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    Just to be sure, since the card isn't really well written, the take away carry on or not? Explaining better, the Saar win the vote, than Mentak invade the Saar (totally ipothetical. Sure...), they get the card and the point. If someone than attacks Mentak, do they get the card and the point too? Because from how the card is written it seems not...

The intent of the card is that it will be passed with each successful Invasion Combat against the holding player and that the victory point granted by the card shall be passed along as well. There is no limit to the number of transfers that the card may undergo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    These political cards have really changed the game state, I kind of have no idea what I'm doing now.

Vote Saar

• Options
    Since my defence is strong but full of holes, and there isn't even a chance in hell that I could keep it between my action turn and my next turn to play burocracy to win, let's Vote Saar giving them the live potato.

I think we could go to secondary.

• Options
    Pass Assembly 2ndary.

• Options
    Saar claims the Crown of Emphidia to start.

Time for secondary plays, y'all.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Pass Assembly secondary.

• Options
    Pass on Secondary.

• Options
    Pass secondary

• Options
    edited May 2014
    play secondary. Refresh Dal Bootha and malice

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Round 4: Action Phase Update 2

Federation of Sol: Activate the Sem-Lore system. (CP 3 ---> 2)
    Move in 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, and 1 Ground Force from Garbozia.
    Exhaust Garbozia (2R) and Arnor (2R) to build a Space Dock (4R) at Sem-Lore.
    The Clan of Saar: Activate the Industrex system. (CP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier and 1 Fighter from Quann and 1 Cruiser and 1 Space Dock from the Saar Home System.
    Exhaust Starpoint (3R), Ragh (2R), and New Albion (1R) to build 1 Dreadnought (5R) and 2 Fighters (1R) at Industrex.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Play Action Card "Master of Trade" to refresh Sakulag and Sumerian. (AC 6 --> 5)
    Play the primary ability of the (3) Assembly Strategy Card, drawing 2 Action Cards, 1 Political Card, and 1 Trade Good. (TG 3 --> 4, AC 5 --> 7, PC 3 --> 4)
    Hacan claims the Speaker Token and elects Sol to play a Political Card from their hand.
    Sol plays political card "Labor Force Politics" for voting. (PC 2 --> 1)
    The agenda is voted FOR (30 votes via Creuss, Sol, and Hacan; 11 votes AGAINST via Arborec, Saar, Mentak), reversing the influence and resource values of all planets.
    Necessary Bureaucracy draws the top card of the Political deck for voting: "The Crown of Emphidia".
    The agenda is voted to Saar (26 votes via Creuss, Saar, Mentak, Hacan; 8 votes to Arborec via Arborec; 8 votes to Mentak via Sol), assigning the Crown of Emphidia card to Saar's control. (VP 3 --> 4)
    Creuss plays on the secondary (SA 2 --> 1), refreshing Dal Bootha (2R) and Mallice (3R).

Current Map: Round 4, Action Phase Update 2

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan: 5 VP
    The Mentak Coalition: 4 VP
    The Clan of Saar: 4 VP
    Federation of Sol: 3 VP
    The Arborec: 2 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 2 VP

Public Objectives
    [1 VP] I control Mecatol Rex.: Mentak, Hacan
    [1 VP] I have at least 5 Technology Advances.
    [1 VP] I am blockading an opponent's Space Dock or have destroyed an opponent's Space Dock this turn.
    [1 VP] I have Technology Advances in all 4 colors. RED TAPE
    [1 VP] I control 5 planets outside my Home System.: Mentak, Hacan, Saar, Arborec, Sol
    [1 VP] I took control of 3 planets this turn.: Sol, Hacan, Saar, Mentak, Arborec, Creuss
    [2 VP] I have at least 5 Technology Advances of the same color. RED TAPE
    [GAME OVER] Imperium Rex: As soon as this card is revealed, the game ends immediately. The player with the most victory points wins the game. RED TAPE
    [2 VP] I control 10 planets outside my Home System. RED TAPE
    [2 VP] I have at least 9 Technology Advances. RED TAPE
    [2 VP] I control the Mecatol Rex system and at least 3 systems adjacent to it. I "control" a system if I have at least one (non-Fighter) ship there, and I control every planet in the system. RED TAPE

Open Preliminary Objectives
    [1 VP] Researcher: I control at least 4 planets with a Technology specialty.: Hacan
    [1 VP] Scientist: I have 3 yellow Technology advances.
    [1 VP] Invader: I control a planet that was controlled by an enemy player this round.: Saar
    [1 VP] Infiltrator: I have destroyed at least 1 enemy ship in a system adjacent to its owner's Home System.: Creuss
    [1 VP] Traitor: I have attacked a player this round with whom I have a trade agreement.: Mentak
    [1 VP] Explorer: I control 2 systems adjacent to Mecatol Rex.: Sol

Secret Objectives
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 2 Secret Objectives
    The Clan of Saar: 2 Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: 2 Secret Objectives
    Federation of Sol: 2 Secret Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan: 2 Secret Objectives

Special Objectives
    The Crown of Emphidia (LAW): The player that holds this card receives 1 victory point. A player that wins an Invasion Combat against this player immediately claims this card and is transferred that victory point. Saar
    The Emirates of Hacan: Moment of Triumph - Gain 1 victory point, after you destroy an enemy Flagship or War Sun in battle.

The Arborec: stever777
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 2
    Political Cards: 2

Strategy Allocation: 1
    Fleet Supply: 4
    Command Pool: 2

Trade Contracts: Creuss [2], Sol [2]
    Technology: Gen Synthesis, Transit Diodes, Micro Technology, Transfabrication, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    R - Nestphar (3I, 2R, G)
    X - Capha (3I, 0R)
    R - Hercalor (1I, 0R, Y)
    R - Mehar Xull (1I, 3R, B)
    R - Tiamat (1I, 2R, Y)
    R - Vefut II (2I, 0R, R)
    The Ghosts of Creuss: MrBody
    Trade Goods: 11
    Action Cards: 2
    Political Cards: 2

Trade Contracts: Arborec [2], Sol [2]
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Light Wave Deflector, Gen Synthesis, Micro Technology, War Sun, Magen Defense Grid

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4I, 2R)
    R - Dal Bootha (0I, 2R, R)
    R - Faunus (1I, 3R, G (x2))
    R - Lodor (3I, 1R, G)
    R - Mallice (0I, 3R)
    R - Xxehan (1I, 1R, G)
    The Clan of Saar: Lykouragh
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 7
    Political Cards: 3

Fleet Supply: 5
    Command Pool: 1

Trade Contracts: Hacan [3] (Saar [1])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Micro Technology, Neural Computing, Assault Cannon

Worlds:
    X - Lisis II (1I, 0R)
    X - Ragh (2I, 1R)
    X - Arinam (1I, 2R, B)
    X - Industrex (2I, 0R, R (x2))
    R - Mellon (0I, 2R)
    X - New Albion (1I, 1R, G)
    X - Quann (2I, 1R, G)
    X - Starpoint (3I, 1R)
    The Mentak Coalition: Kaneski
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 3
    Political Cards: 1

Strategy Allocation: 2
    Command Pool: 4

Trade Contracts: Hacan [3], (Mentak [1])
    Technology: Micro Technology, War Sun, Gen Synthesis, Assault Cannon, Antimass Deflectors, Fleet Logistics, Mirror Computing, Salvage Operations

Worlds:
    X - Moll Primus (4I, 1R)
    R - Vega Major (2I, 1R)
    X - Vega Minor (1I, 2R, B)
    R - Zohbat (3I, 1R, B)
    Federation of Sol: robinlambert
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 4
    Political Cards: 1

Fleet Supply: 5

Trade Contracts: Arborec [1], Creuss [2]
    Technology: Cybernetics, Fleet Logistics, XRD Transporters, Type IV Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Maneuvering Jets

Worlds:
    R - Jord (4I, 2R)
    X - Arnor (2I, 1R)
    X - Everra (3I, 1R)
    X - Garbozia (2I, 1R, G)
    R - Lor (1I, 2R, R)
    R - Sem-Lore (3I, 2R, Y)
    The Emirates of Hacan: Preda
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 7
    Political Cards: 4

Command Pool: 3

Trade Contracts: Saar [2], Mentak [1]
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflector, Fleet Logistics, Type IV Drive

Worlds:
    X - Arretze (2I, 0R)
    R - Hercant (1I, 1R)
    R - Kamdorn (0I, 1R)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1I, 6R)
    R - Arcturus (1I, 1R)
    R - Lazar (1I, 0R)
    R - Rigel I (0I, 1R, G)
    R - Rigel II (1I, 2R)
    R - Rigel III (1I, 1R, B)
    R - Sakulag (2I, 1R)
    R - Sumerian (2I, 2R, TG (x2))
    R - Tempesta (1I, 1R, B (x2))

Neutral Worlds and Special Effects
    N - Meer (0I, 4R)

Necessary Bureaucracy (LAW): After voting on an agenda, players vote on the next card of the Political deck. Once per agenda.
    Vorhal Peace Prize (LAW): The player or players with the lowest Fleet Supply gain 1 additional Command Counter during each Status Phase.
    Subsidized Studies (LAW): The cost for all blue Technologies is decreased by 3. The cost for all other non-racial Technologies is increased by 2.
    Labor Force Politics (LAW): The influence and resource values of all planets are reversed.
    The Crown of Emphidia (LAW): The player that holds this card receives 1 victory point. A player that wins an Invasion Combat against this player immediately claims this card and is transferred that victory point.

Order of Play
    The Clan of Saar: (1) Leadership
    The Emirates of Hacan: (3) Assembly
    The Arborec: (4) Production Current Player
    The Ghosts of Creuss: (5) Trade II
    The Mentak Coalition: (7) Technology II
    Federation of Sol: (8) Bureaucracy II

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png