Options

[Metroid] - I heard the next game is a monologue about misogyny. Oh wait.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    $50 for Trilogy is expensive?
    Granted, that's almost the price of a new game, but it's cheaper than what's on eBay. Unfortunately. I did spend like a week looking around, and really couldn't find anywhere cheaper. But it's still Gamespot, so....

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    If anything, it is three full games worth of stuff. Still wish it didn'thave a criminally low print run.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Yeah, but... 3 games I already own and have beaten.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    3 games you've said you want to play again, and cannot without spending probably more than $50 on a Wii or GameCube.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Last I checked it took a wheel barrel of gamecubes to buy a loaf of bread in pre-WW2 Germany.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Granted, that's almost the price of a new game, but it's cheaper than what's on eBay. Unfortunately. I did spend like a week looking around, and really couldn't find anywhere cheaper. But it's still Gamespot, so....
    The cheapest I've seen it anywhere, online or otherwise. was around $80. Go for it, man.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    The cheapest I've seen it anywhere, online or otherwise. was around $80. Go for it, man.

GameStop currently has it in stock online for $50 so everyone should pick it up.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

GameStop currently has it in stock online for $50 so everyone should pick it up.

Gah! But I already own the first two in GC form! Should I get this? Mind you, I have been spending a tone on games lately.

• Options

Gah! But I already own the first two in GC form! Should I get this? Mind you, I have been spending a tone on games lately.

Yes. Yes you should.

But then again I love telling people to spend money.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Pity itll never happen. Darn Megablocks
    I thought Mega Blocks only had Halo and COD?

MarioKart too which I assume means they have dibs on Nintendo in general

Mario Kart is K'Nex. Different company.

Mega Bloks Metroid would have worse builds than Lego, but the minifigs would be amazing.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Did you like the controls of MP3?

2. Do you think it would be awesome to play MP1 and 2 with those controls?

If the answer to both is "yes" you should get it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I approve of the thread's title.

I can't buy it, unfortunately. I wish I could. I never played Prime 2.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Foefaller wrote: »

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Did you like the controls of MP3?

2. Do you think it would be awesome to play MP1 and 2 with those controls?

If the answer to both is "yes" you should get it.

Purchased. Oof, my wallet hates me right now. But I wanna try these games so much now! The MP 3 controls certainly are growing on me. Especially since the GC controller gives me hand cramps. :( Also the off-brand GC controller I purchased as clicky button syndrome. They aren't moving as smooth as they should.

What's the policy on fanart in G&T threads, assuming it's not to big and properly sourced?

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    While I preferred the original controls, it was still a fun experience to play through Prime 1 with the wiimote control scheme.

• Options
    What's the policy on fanart in G&T threads, assuming it's not to big and properly sourced?

As long as it's on topic, I don't think there's a problem.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Wasn't the graphical stuff in MP 1 and 2 scaled back in some areas in the collection? I seem to recall a comparison video...

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    While I preferred the original controls, it was still a fun experience to play through Prime 1 with the wiimote control scheme.

I didnt care for it. Made things a tad to easy.in one.
    Didnt bother with echoes

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Wasn't the graphical stuff in MP 1 and 2 scaled back in some areas in the collection? I seem to recall a comparison video...

The only thing that's missing as far as I know is the arm cannon fancy effects when you charged up various beams, like how the Ice Beam would make a layer of ice form. That's no longer there in Trilogy due to the way the arm cannon has to be rendered now.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

Not exactly 'scaled back', but some of the gun effects were designed as overlays on the screen. That was fine when the gun didn't move, but once wiimote aiming came in, they weren't going to work.
    Off the top of my head, the ice beam is missing the ice forming on the gun when you charge a shot, and I think the heat haze after rapid-firing shots is missing too.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Gamecube didn't really have widescreen support, how does Trilogy handle Prime 1 & 2 for widescreen?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It looks pretty. IIRC it's just missing a few of the subtle things, like the glare reflection of Samus' face if you're too close to an explosion.

And the little cooldown heatwaves after mashing power shot for too long.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    It looks pretty. IIRC it's just missing a few of the subtle things, like the glare reflection of Samus' face if you're too close to an explosion.

And the little cooldown heatwaves after mashing power shot for too long.

The reflection is still there, but yeah, the arm cannon effects are no more. Alas.

The "Turn my Power Beam muzzle flash into the charge beam ball" bug is still around though!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Cheapest price anywhere too. Seems odd until you consider GameStop's strategy of "oh hey, we somehow stumbled on a big pile of this long out-of-print game in a warehouse! You can buy it from us for $80!" blew up in their face something fierce. Same thing with Xenoblade.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Graphical changes might bug me some, but unless I notice them quite obviously I'll still get rid of my older copies of 1 and 2.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I wouldn't get rid of my copy of Prime 1. I'm pretty sure I have the version where it's possible to do sequence-breaking (I just haven't tried it yet).

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    I wouldn't get rid of my copy of Prime 1. I'm pretty sure I have the version where it's possible to do sequence-breaking (I just haven't tried it yet).

Keep 1, but get rid of 2 and 3 once I get the Trilogy? Makes sense, I suppose.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I think something about the rain or puddles you encounter when you touch down on the planet in MP1 was changed, too, but I don't recall what. Let's see if YouTube holds the answers...

Ah, here we are. "Dynamic water" effects, it says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-MldXzMsNQ

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Well my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy arrived today. One slight problem, however: it's a completely different game for a completely different system. Wheee.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    What did you get?

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Well my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy arrived today. One slight problem, however: it's a completely different game for a completely different system. Wheee.

That reminds me of when my brother had a preorder for the collector's edition of the Metal Gear Solid collection and ended up getting the the Modern Warfare 3 collector's edition instead. He wasn't too happy about that.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    What did you get?

Monster Jam: Path of Destruction for the 360. Truly, a modern classic. I will be pestering Gamestop tomorrow and on Tuesday, if need be. This is just plain silly.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Jeez, talk about Christmas being cancelled. Sorry to hear that, Curly_Brace.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I once ordered a NASA documentary series and received The Godfather Trilogy instead. Whoever packed the box must have figured it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

So! How bout them Metroids? I have a feeling we will see something at E3, but it will be a 3DS title.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Theres an entire direct for an unkown 3DS title.

Metroid is obviously a top contender but theres a number of traditionally portable titles to consider.

The first non awful custom Robo for example or advanced wars which is extremely likely given Fire emblem awakening was so well received

The most obvious is a new IP using NFC figures though

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Well at least they sent you something good like The Godfather (the third one is debatable). I have no idea what Monster Jam is. Probably not as awesome as it sounds.

I honestly don't have much hope for seeing a new Metroid at E3.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well the good news is one of my local GameStops has some really excellent staff who, after hearing my plight, not only exchanged my 360 game for the correct one, but apologized & joked about the mix-up. Huzzah!

I am hoping & dreaming for a Metroid 3DS title, but I have my doubts.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Theres an entire direct for an unkown 3DS title.

Metroid is obviously a top contender but theres a number of traditionally portable titles to consider.

The first non awful custom Robo for example or advanced wars which is extremely likely given Fire emblem awakening was so well received

The most obvious is a new IP using NFC figures though

Oh, look, my wallet just had a spasm for a minute there as I thought about Advance Wars NFC figures, and how many little tanks I'd decorate my desktop with.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    Still haven't gotten around to playing it and I never shut up about it, but I picked up a complete metal box Prime Trilogy at a grocery store video section for $7.99. It has the art insert and slipcase too! Just wish they hadn't put stickers on everything. I only ever played the first two and not for very long.

• Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    Alright, I have been looking for a deal on this game for ages. I am not sure how I missed out on this, but it looks like I have. EB Games/Gamestop appears to be out of this game online. I have not played any Metroid games (terrible, I know), but I have a Wii and was hoping to jump in with this.

• Options
    You can usually Pick up the first Prime game for pretty cheap at stores which specialize in older games, @socks so try there first. Also if the Wii shop is still up I think you can get Super Metroid that way...

This discussion has been closed.