As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Matrimonial [chat] (updated OP with wedding photos)

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Never, ever drink McCormick's vodka.

Pretty sure it is just paint thinner.

This is from experience.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    What type of cheap liquor should I get? Hmm. Hmmmmmm.

Is whiskey cheap? <_<

Cheap whiskey would probably be my choice, but vodka might work better depending on available mixers.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Holy shit, pony and I are in the same weight class?

I demand forum throw down.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

the current humble weekly sale is RPG Maker and a bunch of DLC and stuff for it

so I'm thinking YES that is a ton of generic sprites and assets I could use in my own projects. Because lack of art assets is the doom of every indie game dev working alone.

but even RPG maker is cursed by the copyright gods. The content included in these packs has several different kinds of licenses and a fair bit of it cannot be used outside of RPG maker itself. And some of the other stuff requires you to cough up extra cash to be able to.

what kind of sprite stuff are you trying to do?

oh depends on what I am tinkering with at the moment. some of the things near the top of my list are a turn based tactical RPG in the style of Shining Force 2. Also thinking about a resource management game framed as managing a bronze age city state.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    I like me some fairly harsh scotch. I wonder if it would just be easier and cheaper to get some pure grain alcohol.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

so I'm thinking YES that is a ton of generic sprites and assets I could use in my own projects. Because lack of art assets is the doom of every indie game dev working alone.

but even RPG maker is cursed by the copyright gods. The content included in these packs has several different kinds of licenses and a fair bit of it cannot be used outside of RPG maker itself. And some of the other stuff requires you to cough up extra cash to be able to.

oh depends on what I am tinkering with at the moment. some of the things near the top of my list are a turn based tactical RPG in the style of Shining Force 2. Also thinking about a resource management game framed as managing a bronze age city state.

I wonder if there's some overlap to be had with the AC forum, @Iruka is looking for a new AC challenge...

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ok goodnight shitlorsd and shitladseiz

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »

unwise

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

unwise

Pony do you even lift?

Come fight me irl

• Options

I wonder if there's some overlap to be had with the AC forum, @Iruka is looking for a new AC challenge...

from what I have seen, a post like that would at best result in a reply along the lines of "ok, my hourly rate is X with a minimum of Y hours".

If I was far enough along on a project to know exactly what art I needed and was looking to spend at least a few hundred dollars I might give it a go.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Buying alcohol with my id is always fun.

My work ID shows a chubby guy with a beard and glasses.

I'm am currently none of those things.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I am becoming vaguely interested in information security

maybe i'll pull on this thread and see where it leads for awhile

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The best fan fiction is Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    been in a weird mood today.
    frustrated. tired. moody. don't want to deal with anyone.
    ugh.

• Options

Hopefully it doesn't lead to you finding that you actually are living in another state with lots of debt.

• Options
    wow. they made 5 seasons of Primeval? I remember liking that show for a while but even by season 2 it was bugfuck crazy.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    jGqLbFol.jpg

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular

and then I hated him too, because he knew. because we had told each other everything about ourselves and still didn’t find ourselves very interesting, but rather had to, and that was our relationship born of necessity and need tos and had tos

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »

Hopefully it doesn't lead to you finding that you actually are living in another state with lots of debt.

My company has lots of free training materials so I should think not. Already got two degrees I'm not using, no need for a third!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @Deebaser‌

Look inside yourself: you were a member of the swole patrol all along.

• Options
    The best fanfic is Star Trek Into Darkness

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    a07.gif

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Haha, this woman just spontaneously combusted, oh Fringe.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Okay so now I've seen both new Star Trek movies.

Waaaaaaaaay better than any of the other ones.

• Options
    Windows 8 is growing on me. Though it's definitely really clunky if you don't have a touchscreen.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    The best fanfic is Star Trek Into Darkness
    So not only is the wizarding economy almost completely decoupled from the Muggle economy, no one here has ever heard of arbitrage. The larger Muggle economy had a fluctuating trading range of gold to silver, so every time the Muggle gold-to-silver ratio got more than 5% away from the weight of seventeen Sickles to one Galleon, either gold or silver should have drained from the wizarding economy until it became impossible to maintain the exchange rate. Bring in a ton of silver, change to Sickles (and pay 5%), change the Sickles for Galleons, take the gold to the Muggle world, exchange it for more silver than you started with, and repeat.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello nerds!

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

unwise
    Pffft, you were just amateur mma right?

I haven't train for a fight in a while but I am sure can hold my own.

You still train?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    If this is true this was the most amazing wedding ever
    Florence has bid arrivederci and goodbye to Kanye and Kim. Come back soon, but please, not too soon.
    They held their wedding on a grassy ridge at the top of the Forti di Belvedere. The couple didn’t want to do it at an accessible part of the fort, so they hired a crane to lift every single item used in the wedding up 230 feet (70 meters) to the very top.

The biggest decorative element of the wedding was a giant gold box, 49 feet (15 meters) tall, which contained the bathrooms. It was situated right next to the dinner tables at the reception with a bar in front of it. According to one Italian, “Their toilet was the star of the show.” The Italians named it the Torre di Bagni Oro (translation: the Gold Toilet Tower).

The dinner table was a long marble table. Instead of place cards, they had a team of Italian stonemasons engrave the name of each guest into the marble of the tabletop in front of the individual place settings. The job was finished the night before. Unfortunately, the wedding planners had spelled some people’s names wrong. And then, so many people brought entourages, the seating was a disaster. The only people who sat at their own seats were Kim and Kanye.

Four days before the wedding, they ordered 30 life-size nudes to be made from black marble from Carrara. The marble workers worked through the night to cut enough blocks, but 10 of them fell apart, another 10 were too damaged in transit to put out, and of the remaining 10, four were missing their heads. They were put out around the dinner tables.

Kanye came to the venue two hours before the wedding during set-up and ordered the marble nudes moved out farther away from the dinner tables. Each weighed half a ton, so the whole crew spent the final two hours rushing to get them moved. The forklifts were the first thing the guests saw upon arrival. And the gleaming Gold Toilet Tower.

Also two hours before the wedding, Kanye decided he didn’t need the 80 moving lights that he had ordered installed to light the dance floor and the party, declaring, “I’m in the center of this party, and I’m the only one people need to see. The rest of these people don’t need lights on them.” The lights, which had taken four days to install, were all removed, and the crane took them down the hill.

Kanye returned one hour before the wedding and didn’t like the all-white bar that was in front of the Gold Toilet Tower. He took a saw and started sawing it in half himself. Two men held the bar stable as he sawed, and sawed, into the bar, defacing the entire front, screaming at everyone around him. He said it looked like a bar from Texas. Then he ordered two pieces of raw wood to be nailed onto the front of the bar. Once the wood was in place, “Now,” he said, “it’s art.” The Italian construction teams looked at this guy and couldn’t believe what they were seeing.

At that same visit, when Kanye saw the $136,000 (100,000 Euro) audio system, described by one producer as the single best system in Europe, he said he didn’t like the look of the speakers and wanted them to be invisible. He said that “You Italians don’t understand my Minimalist style.” So he had the entire system pulled out as the guests were arriving, and his wedding music came from an iPod until after dinner.
    There was the custom-built marble piano that John Legend used to play the song “Ordinary People.” Yes, you read that correctly: a marble piano.

Kanye danced five songs alone with Kim to John Legend (playing the marble piano), with no one else on the dance floor, and light only on them. It felt like it went on forever. Kanye then gave a 45-minute toast to himself.
    As for the guests: Will Smith‘s son Jaden wore a white Batman costume and ran around like a chicken with its head cut off from 8:30 p.m. until 10:25 p.m., batting glasses off tables whenever he came to an empty seat, smashing them on the ground. Vogue Italia’s editor in chief, Franca Sozzani, was getting irritated because he kept coming up behind her and throwing his cape over her head.

People arrived at the ceremony several drinks in: Several rounds of cocktails had been served to the guests who waited for Kim, who was 25 minutes late to the wedding. In the time between ceremony and dinner, one woman in her 50s was so drunk that she collapsed. An ambulance arrived and just as the medics got to the guest, a Justin Bieber fan, hoping to catch a sight of him, who had climbed up to the top of the Belvedere tower, fell. As the Bieber fan was seriously hurt, they triaged the drunk guest, left her lying on an ottoman and went off to take care of the fallen fan. The drunk woman spent the rest of the night passed out on the ottoman, while the Bieber fan was taken to the hospital. Bieber never showed up.

Earlier, Kim had come out to check the venue. A lone spotlight was shining on the terrace as she walked out. She stopped with the beam focused on her crotch. She was furious that a beam of light had hit her crotch (even though she was the one who walked into the beam) and started screaming, ran over to the electrical boards and unplugged the entire circuit. This shut down half the lights on the cocktail area. It also turned out the lights in the bathrooms, so the Gold Toilet Tower was dark inside, and everyone was too afraid to plug the lights back in.
    Andrea Bocelli sang during Kim’s processional. The blind opera legend had been asked as a guest, but the wedding planners hadn’t provided a seat for him. He said he’d be happy with a glass of water, and was told after his performance, “Thank you, but it’s time for you to get in your car and go home.” Bye-bye to one of the greatest living Italian vocalists of all time.

And the most prominent wedding gift was a giant bottle of Chianti, which had been dipped in gold (probably great for the flavor of the wine), the cork replaced with a diamond, a gift from Jay Z (a no-show).

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So guys having seen nothing of it other than the credits but hearing everyone rave about it so, tell me.

When it becomes available to do so, should I pre-order True Detective?

Like, what possible reasons are there for me to not like it?

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Congratulations Pony.

Also you look nothing like my headcanon of you.

I never know how to respond to that!

You are a very handsome duder.

DID YOU ALWAYS ASSUME I WAS UGLY?!

:'(

I kinda had you figured to look like a caucasian Rudy Reyes.

Dat Jawline tho. I'm wicked jealous.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So guys having seen nothing of it other than the credits but hearing everyone rave about it so, tell me.

When it becomes available to do so, should I pre-order True Detective?

Like, what possible reasons are there for me to not like it?

it's a bit of a slow burn at first if you're not into that kind of thing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    wow this beat

where was I except sleeping since this came out in September of last year

http://youtu.be/i6RjB7xnI48

@y2jake215 @dasuberedward @tl dr

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    before I had this PC, I was only mildly frustrated with my work computer... now it's even worse.
    my work computer is so freaking slow. it takes me forever to load anything to get anything done.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Florence has bid arrivederci and goodbye to Kanye and Kim. Come back soon, but please, not too soon.
    They held their wedding on a grassy ridge at the top of the Forti di Belvedere. The couple didn’t want to do it at an accessible part of the fort, so they hired a crane to lift every single item used in the wedding up 230 feet (70 meters) to the very top.

The biggest decorative element of the wedding was a giant gold box, 49 feet (15 meters) tall, which contained the bathrooms. It was situated right next to the dinner tables at the reception with a bar in front of it. According to one Italian, “Their toilet was the star of the show.” The Italians named it the Torre di Bagni Oro (translation: the Gold Toilet Tower).

The dinner table was a long marble table. Instead of place cards, they had a team of Italian stonemasons engrave the name of each guest into the marble of the tabletop in front of the individual place settings. The job was finished the night before. Unfortunately, the wedding planners had spelled some people’s names wrong. And then, so many people brought entourages, the seating was a disaster. The only people who sat at their own seats were Kim and Kanye.

Four days before the wedding, they ordered 30 life-size nudes to be made from black marble from Carrara. The marble workers worked through the night to cut enough blocks, but 10 of them fell apart, another 10 were too damaged in transit to put out, and of the remaining 10, four were missing their heads. They were put out around the dinner tables.

Kanye came to the venue two hours before the wedding during set-up and ordered the marble nudes moved out farther away from the dinner tables. Each weighed half a ton, so the whole crew spent the final two hours rushing to get them moved. The forklifts were the first thing the guests saw upon arrival. And the gleaming Gold Toilet Tower.

Also two hours before the wedding, Kanye decided he didn’t need the 80 moving lights that he had ordered installed to light the dance floor and the party, declaring, “I’m in the center of this party, and I’m the only one people need to see. The rest of these people don’t need lights on them.” The lights, which had taken four days to install, were all removed, and the crane took them down the hill.

Kanye returned one hour before the wedding and didn’t like the all-white bar that was in front of the Gold Toilet Tower. He took a saw and started sawing it in half himself. Two men held the bar stable as he sawed, and sawed, into the bar, defacing the entire front, screaming at everyone around him. He said it looked like a bar from Texas. Then he ordered two pieces of raw wood to be nailed onto the front of the bar. Once the wood was in place, “Now,” he said, “it’s art.” The Italian construction teams looked at this guy and couldn’t believe what they were seeing.

At that same visit, when Kanye saw the $136,000 (100,000 Euro) audio system, described by one producer as the single best system in Europe, he said he didn’t like the look of the speakers and wanted them to be invisible. He said that “You Italians don’t understand my Minimalist style.” So he had the entire system pulled out as the guests were arriving, and his wedding music came from an iPod until after dinner.
    There was the custom-built marble piano that John Legend used to play the song “Ordinary People.” Yes, you read that correctly: a marble piano.

Kanye danced five songs alone with Kim to John Legend (playing the marble piano), with no one else on the dance floor, and light only on them. It felt like it went on forever. Kanye then gave a 45-minute toast to himself.
    As for the guests: Will Smith‘s son Jaden wore a white Batman costume and ran around like a chicken with its head cut off from 8:30 p.m. until 10:25 p.m., batting glasses off tables whenever he came to an empty seat, smashing them on the ground. Vogue Italia’s editor in chief, Franca Sozzani, was getting irritated because he kept coming up behind her and throwing his cape over her head.

People arrived at the ceremony several drinks in: Several rounds of cocktails had been served to the guests who waited for Kim, who was 25 minutes late to the wedding. In the time between ceremony and dinner, one woman in her 50s was so drunk that she collapsed. An ambulance arrived and just as the medics got to the guest, a Justin Bieber fan, hoping to catch a sight of him, who had climbed up to the top of the Belvedere tower, fell. As the Bieber fan was seriously hurt, they triaged the drunk guest, left her lying on an ottoman and went off to take care of the fallen fan. The drunk woman spent the rest of the night passed out on the ottoman, while the Bieber fan was taken to the hospital. Bieber never showed up.

Earlier, Kim had come out to check the venue. A lone spotlight was shining on the terrace as she walked out. She stopped with the beam focused on her crotch. She was furious that a beam of light had hit her crotch (even though she was the one who walked into the beam) and started screaming, ran over to the electrical boards and unplugged the entire circuit. This shut down half the lights on the cocktail area. It also turned out the lights in the bathrooms, so the Gold Toilet Tower was dark inside, and everyone was too afraid to plug the lights back in.
    Andrea Bocelli sang during Kim’s processional. The blind opera legend had been asked as a guest, but the wedding planners hadn’t provided a seat for him. He said he’d be happy with a glass of water, and was told after his performance, “Thank you, but it’s time for you to get in your car and go home.” Bye-bye to one of the greatest living Italian vocalists of all time.

And the most prominent wedding gift was a giant bottle of Chianti, which had been dipped in gold (probably great for the flavor of the wine), the cork replaced with a diamond, a gift from Jay Z (a no-show).

I like stories like these. They remind me that money definitely doesn't make you happy.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

unwise
    Pffft, you were just amateur mma right?

I haven't train for a fight in a while but I am sure can hold my own.

You still train?

yeah

in firearms

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

I like stories like these. They remind me that money definitely doesn't make you happy.

All a hoax. The actual wedding was much more satisfying:

e15.jpg

This discussion has been closed.