As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBA: I feel the need. The need to feed.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    @Griswold is that the match he posted a few days ago? Or did the poor bear get stuck with a bad team again.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    @Anialos It was a match he played on-stream yesterday. The VOD is in the Smitegame channel archives on Twitch.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    he got stuck with another arachne

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh my stars, the new Li Li skin is adorable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyBInf9vMWE#t=32

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I fucking hate bronze elo. I get better teammates in normals.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    I need to find someone to queue with so at least another lane won't feed.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    @t4ct I need you to make a comeback or something

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »

I play this game sometimes. And other times I even play it decently!

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »
    @Anialos It was a match he played on-stream yesterday. The VOD is in the Smitegame channel archives on Twitch.

Man, you guys got pretty lucky. His team was destroying yours the vast majority of the game. The Arachne support just fucked up building only 2 tank items. So she was trying to be the 'tank', but was squishy as hell and just got wrecked. They weren't grouping terribly well mid-late either and Loki was picking them off, even when he was dying in the process.

• Options
    Marth wrote: »

I play this game sometimes. And other times I even play it decently!
    My ign is commissarnikolai, feel free to add a dude.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    Been playing Vlad mid a bunch lately and decimating karthus and kassadin and fizz and Zed. Not sure if it's because Vlad's actually good against them or if people just aren't used to playing against him.

Got to carry with 15/2/4 against a karthus who would waste all his mana harassing me while I just q'd back to full. had like 242 cs at 30 minutes.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I leveled to 30 with a lot of Vlad

he can cs like a boss

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    eddizhere wrote: »
    Been playing Vlad mid a bunch lately and decimating karthus and kassadin and fizz and Zed. Not sure if it's because Vlad's actually good against them or if people just aren't used to playing against him.

Got to carry with 15/2/4 against a karthus who would waste all his mana harassing me while I just q'd back to full. had like 242 cs at 30 minutes.

you might be surprised at how little people know about unpopular champions. The other day it wasn't until I was 4-1 with swain that the opposing mid asked if I had a move that healed me.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just play poppy. No one ever has any idea what poppy does

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I got to Silver II last season mostly because no one knew anything about Malzahar.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Why doesnt malz have a bee themed skin. Get on it riot.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    His e becomes a bee swarm. His w a puddle of honey. His q is two bee hives. His minions are bees. His ult is shooting a stream of bees at someone.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    His e becomes a bee swarm. His w a puddle of honey. His q is two bee hives. His minions are bees. His ult is shooting a stream of bees at someone.

just play ah muzan cab

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Why doesnt malz have a bee themed skin. Get on it riot.

Only if it's a bee event so we can get Bee Sin.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I want a VietNami skin the most. Give her a GI helmet that says "Born to Kill on it", have her Q shoot napalm, and when she ults have her yell "Charlie don't surf!"

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

just play ah muzan cab
    then I wouldn't be playing Hades or Freya

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    I dunno why I thought Vayne was a good idea as my first try at ADC

she is the worst laner ever

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    that was a good game of dota

i felt like how a strength carry should feel

tuff, buff, and ready to get ruff

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Does anybody want to make the new thread?

We approach the end.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mike blais memorial moba thread.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    the se++ roster update to save your rank

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    If I made one it'd be another shipping one but I don't really know enough about non-League mobas to know their sauciest ships.

broken image link
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    smite's biggest is apparently neithXisis, though that's mainly due to one woman from taiwan putting in a lot of work

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Dranyth wrote: »

Man, you guys got pretty lucky. His team was destroying yours the vast majority of the game. The Arachne support just fucked up building only 2 tank items. So she was trying to be the 'tank', but was squishy as hell and just got wrecked. They weren't grouping terribly well mid-late either and Loki was picking them off, even when he was dying in the process.

@Dranyth Yes and no. They had a big early lead, and they definitely missed a few opportunities to take objectives that would have put them further ahead (maybe too far ahead to catch).

That said, I'm not sure that there is a way to itemize Arachne such that she doesn't fall off into complete nonexistence in the late-game. Our plan was basically "survive until the 30-minute mark and then 5v4 them." I think if they had a proper support, their late-game would have been a lot better, at the expense of some portion of their early advantage.

Loki also decided to focus Drybear at all costs, because he was like 80% of their team's damage. It ended up being the right call.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    meepoxmeepo

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Just played two games, first against then with a guy who was trying assassins in mid, first was Arachne mid, second was Bastet. To his credit, it ended in a win both times, but the early game was rough.

Also I think Athena's taunt must secretly taunt your teammates because every time I try to save someone with it, they immediately turn around and try to re-engage.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Dranyth wrote: »

@Dranyth Yes and no. They had a big early lead, and they definitely missed a few opportunities to take objectives that would have put them further ahead (maybe too far ahead to catch).

That said, I'm not sure that there is a way to itemize Arachne such that she doesn't fall off into complete nonexistence in the late-game. Our plan was basically "survive until the 30-minute mark and then 5v4 them." I think if they had a proper support, their late-game would have been a lot better, at the expense of some portion of their early advantage.

Loki also decided to focus Drybear at all costs, because he was like 80% of their team's damage. It ended up being the right call.

Loki definitely made the right call, because Drybear had a blink for escape instead of an Aegis. Your Thor also had HoG3 I believe, which was a little odd, but it worked since he stole one of the FGs as far as I could tell.

Arachne support needs to build mega tank to work late game. She's there to hook people out of position, use her AoE slow for team escape and team engage and use her silence to take mages out of the fight for 6 seconds. If she goes in and just gets blown up in 2 seconds, she can't do most of her job. She built Ninja Tabi, Qin's Sais and Witchblade. For defense she only had Sovereignty and Stone of Gaia, which quite simply is not enough when you're taking a non-naturally tanky character into the support role. She needed Reinforced Greaves, Hide of the Urchin probably would've been good and maybe a Magi's Blessing to help stop her from being knocked off during silence. Bulwark of Hope would've been better than Stone of Gaia for her as well. 6th item, if she ever got that far, I'm not sure about... maaaybe Spirit Robe? I've never really heard of anyone using that, but it could work. Could also pick up some more major CDR I suppose to get more pulls, etc. Runic Shield wouldn't have been bad either, shore up some magic defense deficiencies and get a little power.

I think the biggest problem with Arachne as support is that anti-mobility is not as good as mobility, and she has no mobility. It's why support Fenrir actually works fairly decently, Fenrir has the mobility to cause havoc. And when you build him mega-tank, he gives no fucks and will fetch people all day.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Oh my stars, the new Li Li skin is adorable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyBInf9vMWE#t=32

Oh my fucking God.

sarukun on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    smite's biggest is apparently neithXisis, though that's mainly due to one woman from taiwan putting in a lot of work

.... what?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    they are giving Doran's Blade 3% lifesteal again so basically start with 4 of them and boots again

Xehalus on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

.... what?

there really isn't much more to tell! look up a lady by the name of zennore if you're genuinely curious

• Options
    hmmmmm
    7g0QWsN.jpg

broken image link
  • Options
    jungle Diana with attack speed may be my ELO climb

• Options
    What's the deal with all these Dianas all of a sudden?

broken image link
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    hmmmmm
    7g0QWsN.jpg

Everyone knows it's JinxXZiggs you heathen

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
This discussion has been closed.