Options

Jeff Gerstmann and His Best Friend Yoshi Present Giant Bomb's E3 Thread

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    But apparently Abbie Heppe, of Respawn and formerly of G4 with Patrick and Sessler, was hiding behind the cutouts.

Man, I know Sessler is in town. Why isn't he on the show?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I think Destiny is gonna be rad but I have this sinking feeling lately that it is not at all going to even come close to approaching the sales it needs to break even

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    ♫TILL I GET MYSELF THE DISH OF THE DAY♫

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Nobody in the GB chat knows how to scroll the fuck down and read who is on the panel.

Also, let's be real, they just want to know who the girls are so they can creep and get banned.

there was a woman standing with the card-board stand-ups for that last segment who nobody mentioned

Huntera on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    They were impressive in 2000

I'm glad we eventually got something like it in Twilight Princess

twilight princess studied the game to the letter and understood that it's not doing it the same man it's doing it better, because that demo was poop in 2000 too

the technical aspects of the lightning are actually pretty good but link and ganondorf still look super ugly, it ain't no soul calibur

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The more I see of Destiny, the less anticipated I am for it

I am kind of in the same boat.

Like, I know I am going to have a blast with it because all my friends will buy it and playing nearly anything with all my friends is a treat.

But if it wasn't for that I am pretty sure I would not pick it up.

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Nobody in the GB chat knows how to scroll the fuck down and read who is on the panel.

Also, let's be real, they just want to know who the girls are so they can creep and get banned.

there was a woman standing with the card-board stand-ups for like 2 segments who nobody mentioned until the last one

I kept asking who she was!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    like you even look at the other spaceworld demos that year, luigi's mansion and metroid prime look way better

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    This song is making me hungry and I have nothing to eat here.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    This song is kinda exactly the royalty free trash I think of when I think of royalty free 50's diner music.

I don't even like LockDown all that much, either.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

based rorie

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    The music on the GB stream would literally drive me insane if I wasn't turning it off the moment it begins.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    y'know

on one hand i feel like the protomen have sort of evolved past the whole video game rock opera thing and should probably move on to something else once act 3 is done

but on the other hand

a protomen album about metroid primarily featuring The Gambler would fucking rule

• Options
    bring back lockdown

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    With all this chess talk, I'm trying to find the perfect One Night in Bangkok reference and I just can't make anything work

Respond to a post about endurance with one night in Bangkok can make a tough man crumble

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    This song is no Lockdown

Bring back Lockdown

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    this song was fun once

it does not have the repeatability of lockdown

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »

based rorie

Yeah, apparently the other day, this guy who used to work for Joystiq and now writes for games got warned cause he was talking about vaping in the chat.

Frankly, if you show up and go "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE" and don't look down, you deserve to get banned.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular

based rorie

he kept saying that, but i had no idea what he was talking about

then they turned up the delay to over 8 minutes and alright then

• Options
    After all the talk about Protomen on these here forums I got there first CD and...

I uh...

I did not enjoy it very much at all.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    My issue with esports (and someone mentioned this earlier) is the name. Calling them esports is probably the dumbest thing anyone ever did regarding all this nonsense.

but it's so fun to say

ESPORTS

G5xQ5a3.gif

• Options
    y'know

on one hand i feel like the protomen have sort of evolved past the whole video game rock opera thing and should probably move on to something else once act 3 is done

but on the other hand

a protomen album about metroid primarily featuring The Gambler would fucking rule

Are you familiar with The Megas?

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    After all the talk about Protomen on these here forums I got there first CD and...

I uh...

you'll be humming The Will of One within the week

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I uh...

their second album has a much different musical style from the first one and is also much better-produced

it still might not be your thing but it's worth checking out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrFiOjxk5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkLvpt9Z3fA

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    okay i think i did a phil collins flip and enjoy this song unironically now

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Darric wrote: »
    I won't lie, it was a little heart wrenching when Andrew House said, "one more thing", and ours hadn't played yet, because I was also hoping for The Last Guardian.

You're good people Darric

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Still my favourite thing the Protomen have done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHAi1AA7B_U

• Options
    The Betman wrote: »

I uh...

Well it was a month ago I listened to the CD so I don't even remember what song that is.

I tend not to bring things up on the forums if I have nothing positive to say or nothing that will not produce any discussion though, so I didn't say anything earlier.

But, when Speed just mentioned them, it came to mind.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    if you don't like phil collins, this will change your mind

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

based rorie

he kept saying that, but i had no idea what he was talking about

then they turned up the delay to over 8 minutes and alright then

twitch chat's been a lot better imo

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options

I uh...

their second album has a much different musical style from the first one and is also much better-produced

http://youtu.be/GvnzAlh9PmA

i think this is my favorite Act II track

• Options
    I did listen to a big chunk of Diamond Dogs though and it was pretty good so far.

And my brain keeps scanning the lyrics for potential MGSV themes and stuff.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    in-engine trailers are really not a great way of anticipating how the game will actually look

It traditionally works ok for Nintendo games once they actually get to that point

PKueQEx.png

You realize this was three years before Wind Waker came out, right

Like, this was a proof of concept thing, just like the TP-style trailer from a couple of years ago

Once we actually saw a Wind Waker trailer we had a pretty good idea of how the game would look

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    rorie also said to cool it with the ascii

so i wrote "Rorie loves butts! (__)_)"

I'm a rebel

• Options

I uh...

Well it was a month ago I listened to the CD so I don't even remember what song that is.

I tend not to bring things up on the forums if I have nothing positive to say or nothing that will not produce any discussion though, so I didn't say anything earlier.

Oh okay well that's fair

I didn't like it the first time I listened to it, but then it kept getting stuck in my head and now it's one of my favorites

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

I uh...

Their Queen cover album is basically unassailable

Panther is the only man I've heard who lives up to the legend that is Freddie Mercury

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The best Protomen song is their cover of No Easy Way Out

• Options

I uh...

http://youtu.be/GvnzAlh9PmA

i think this is my favorite Act II track

that's funny because it's one of my least favorite!

Breaking out is just the best though

f'reals inquisitor you should click the first youtube in my post

• Options
    I did listen to a big chunk of Diamond Dogs though and it was pretty good so far.

And my brain keeps scanning the lyrics for potential MGSV themes and stuff.

If you liked the song they used for the E3 trailer you should check out Mike Oldfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um5Jq9_KcZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IhNucymsq4

This discussion has been closed.