As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

old steem thred

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Just make it so NSFW mods are off-limits. That still leaves plenty of Macho-Man Randy Savage dragon mods to hurl your way.

I'd also make it so that everyone who donates from now until the stretch goal gets to pick a mod, regardless of amount, just to get a decent number of them. Conflicting mods can be handled on a case-by-case basis.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    There's always the Thomas mod
    which should always be used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCgdmZY-Fo&feature=kp&app=desktop

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    We reached all the stretch goals already? Holy hell, I haven't even had the chance to give anything yet (C'mon Payday).

I also finally finished the main plotline of State of Decay. I thoroughly enjoyed that experience.

I lost 3 people. Two happened at once due to stupidity. 'Hey, you're upset? Let's go kill lots of zombies together!' 'Huh, this is actually a lot of Zombies' 'Oh look, my weapon broke? Eh, I can just kick them' <Death Rattle>

The third I sacrificed on purpose to get the dude I normally use out of a sticky situation. Sorry girl, but this dude means a lot to me, just go hack until you can't hack anymore.

Gonna give myself a break from it for a day or two before I try out the DLC, but yes, very fun.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I vote for the one that plays Yackey

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    @Berylline‌ seems to not understand that the dale doesn't start until tomorrow, and is getting a head start.

rd2QAfe.png

Thanks! :D

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Gotta throw in the old Steam thread mascot Classy Crab

?.jpg

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Gotta make it a truly memorable (read: weird) playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34TZc415IVE

Of course, we're presupposing the goal will be hit :P

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    @Jragghen‌ Don't forget you get to choose my new PA forums avatar with that "little" stunt you pulled

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    @Jragghen‌ Don't forget you get to choose my new PA forums avatar with that "little" stunt you pulled
    might I suggest the Double V?

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1?.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So. I got back to my home at last, after six months in the northern parts. Sweden's been pretty fun.

...and when I finally go and go to turn my old fathful companion on, after six months of being confined to a laptop, my desktop computer doesn't work. Fucking hell x_x.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    xenard wrote: »
    Got in a lot gaming the last few days just in case something goes wrong on the table. Getting ready to be rolled to the OR in a few. Wish me luck. I just hope I'm not too out of it tomorrow and miss a good deal.

I had heart surgery last year so I sort of know how you feel. Good luck, and we'll see you when you wake up!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm gonna do the skyrim thing. I'll play for 10 hours if we beak 3k. Every 250 after 3k, someone who breaks that amount gets to pick a mod to throw on the pile. to make sure we have a minimum of horribleness, 5 mods should be suggested

I'd say no NSFW stuff, but honestly stuff like dildo arrows is ok in my book. occasional nudity isnt a huge issue I guess? I just meant the not safe for life type stuff that I know exists. Thomas the tank engine and randy savage dragon would be amazing, I've seen those before. I saw a tropical overhaul and now I am avoiding looking at video/images out of excitement for good/terrible things.

@Nackmatholn‌ has agreed to curate for me. PM him with your suggestions to get started.

I'll contact a mod to see if its ok for him to do a pm group thing to discuss the mods with the 250 breakers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

You're lucky it wasn't me that pushed it over that mark. You'd be sporting a nice, cute pink avatar of some sort for a while. ;)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    As the poor, unemployed artist I am, I'm just going to sit here a bit more, mouth agape at the insane amount of generosity this thread embodies. Coming to this thread is always a boost to my faith in humanity.

<3

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

You're lucky it wasn't me that pushed it over that mark. You'd be sporting a nice, cute pink avatar of some sort for a while. ;)

I see no reason he can't still be made to.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    How long is the matching donation going for?

Good question. @Jragghen‌?

And is there a limit? I might not be able to drop what I was hoping to, because my wife's laptop just kicked the bucket so I've got to replace that, but I think I'll still have some cash left over to make a nice donation.
    Jragghen wrote: »
    @Jragghen - mine was a mere $75 =]

No, it was $150

7WQhflb.png

On a similar note, @cardboard delusions‌ - please treat everyone's donations as 2x for your stretch goals offers during the time that I was matching. They are responsible for that money being donated, and they should get the rewards. :)
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Awesome... but you didn't @ me, so you may or may not have missed mine: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/30061672/#Comment_30061672

Not that you like, need to donate more or anything, cause jeez that's really classy.

I definitely recall putting yours into the calculator because you didn't have a total in your screenshot so I had to put the two in separately. So I just neglected to tag you. Sorry about that :)

Duly noted. @iolo any chance you or anyone else can send me the donation list sequence so I can see where gifts are appropriating?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

And is there a limit? I might not be able to drop what I was hoping to, because my wife's laptop just kicked the bucket so I've got to replace that, but I think I'll still have some cash left over to make a nice donation.

No, it was $150

7WQhflb.png

On a similar note, @cardboard delusions‌ - please treat everyone's donations as 2x for your stretch goals offers during the time that I was matching. They are responsible for that money being donated, and they should get the rewards. :)
    Awesome... but you didn't @ me, so you may or may not have missed mine: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/30061672/#Comment_30061672

Not that you like, need to donate more or anything, cause jeez that's really classy.

I definitely recall putting yours into the calculator because you didn't have a total in your screenshot so I had to put the two in separately. So I just neglected to tag you. Sorry about that :)

Duly noted. @iolo any chance you or anyone else can send me the donation list sequence so I can see where gifts are appropriating?

@cardboard delusions, assuming ANONYMOUS wants to stay anonymous, here's how it would break down for threshold breaking, treating folks' contributions as 2x:

$1500: Big Classy
    $1600: MsMya
    $1700: MsMya
    $1800: minor incident
    $1900: Malakaius
    $2000: Jragghen

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    "cardboard delusions", assuming ANONYMOUS wants to stay anonymous, here's how it would break down for threshold breaking, treating folks' contributions as 2x:

This is an excellent breakdown and I support it whole-heartedly.

Also, that was a slick move @Jragghen ... hitting most of those breakpoints without having to take the backlog hit yourself. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

There's worse colors to wear, and always the option of turning off pictures, but the worst would have been the constant gender correction that would have followed.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular

No, it was $150

7WQhflb.png

On a similar note, cardboard delusions - please treat everyone's donations as 2x for your stretch goals offers during the time that I was matching. They are responsible for that money being donated, and they should get the rewards. :)

The total was actually in the upper left corner being all sneaky.

• Options
    @ Jragghen‌ Don't forget you get to choose my new PA forums avatar with that "little" stunt you pulled

There's worse colors to wear, and always the option of turning off pictures, but the worst would have been the constant gender correction that would have followed.

Ahahaha. On one browser game I used the alias Janquel (I have no idea where the name came from, and I mentally pronounced it JAN-qwell) and everyone read it as jonquil, as in the flower.

So many confused people who thought I was female.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I'm sure @HiT BiT‌ would be happy to 'shop up a pink Vivi.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I'm sure @HiT BiT‌ would be happy to 'shop up a pink Vivi.

But the confusion from using Terra would be delicious.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

No, it was $150

7WQhflb.png

@cardboard delusions, assuming ANONYMOUS wants to stay anonymous, here's how it would break down for threshold breaking, treating folks' contributions as 2x:

I actually know who anonymous is so I'll punish gift them accordingly.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Trine 1 is going to get a new enhanced edition soon. Includes online multiplayer and other fancy things. Think some people will be happy with that.

Isorn on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So a lot of you have been taking time to say you don't want gifts and to not give you any and to pass under the radar and that sort of stuff. BOLLOCKS I say. Everyone trying to avoid everything WILL NOT STAND. So I am going to make an example of myself and break the three cardinal rules of the Steam thread right now.

Ok, I will start with I have announced my birthday before, but March 14. There, I can call myself out too.

This being said, if for some reason you feel you must gift me, I request you direct it at my wife instead. Most everything she has on her list is co-op for us anyway. Contact me if you need help with this, as I have one gift I'm saving for her. I guess I could always find a new home for it, but see no reason to duplicate it.

Is that good enough for you @jragghen ? I'm sure you screen shotted my wise list anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: Show the class to my wife if you must direct it at the Alures.
    PSA: No, that is not our real last name. But Meh, I use it, so it got adopted for us all.
    Otherwise I'm still sitting this sale out.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Hey, I haven't been in here much lately but I needed to stop by and leave a donation.
    Screenshots_2014-06-18-11-42-25_zpsbfcd20ec.png

@CorriganX‌ @Iolo‌

Will someone give me an @ when CorriganX does does his Let's Play so I don't miss it?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    So a lot of you have been taking time to say you don't want gifts and to not give you any and to pass under the radar and that sort of stuff. BOLLOCKS I say. Everyone trying to avoid everything WILL NOT STAND. So I am going to make an example of myself and break the three cardinal rules of the Steam thread right now.

Ok, I will start with I have announced my birthday before, but March 14. There, I can call myself out too.

This being said, if for some reason you feel you must gift me, I request you direct it at my wife instead. Most everything she has on her list is co-op for us anyway. Contact me if you need help with this, as I have one gift I'm saving for her. I guess I could always find a new home for it, but see no reason to duplicate it.

Is that good enough for you @jragghen ? I'm sure you screen shotted my wise list anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: Show the class to my wife if you must direct it at the Alures.
    PSA: No, that is not our real last name. But Meh, I use it, so it got adopted for us all.
    Otherwise I'm still sitting this sale out.

It was me screenshotting folk's wishlists. And yes, you are in there as well.

:grin:

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Trine 1 is going to get a new enhanced edition soon. Includes online multiplayer and other fancy things. Think some people will be happy with that.

I'm playing Trine 2 on the PS4 right now (it's free for PS+ this month), and having played solo on PC it is a completely different game in multi. I don't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did last night because of how inept our trio is. It would be a wonderful group stream game, particularly if all three players are drunk.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    If I could only donate my moving expenses instead of using them on dumb things like trucks and movers and such, I'd be a king of class.

Also, don't worry Corrigan, A Machine for Pigs is not nearly as scary as Dark Descent. Pretty tame in comparison.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    A tip for people wanting to buy killer is dead, especially pertinent now, since it may get a small sale.

Unless you have some sort of future space computer, Don't. Because the game has loading problems. In that during certain in game loading sections...it doesn't. This is a common error, and best I can guess is because it's so badly optimized that it simply cannot load anything well enough to continue playing.

So unless you have well above the recommended specs for the game, just leave it alone.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with Steam or its games on Windows 8.1.

Not because I have updated, but because I'm wondering if I should . . . yet.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I think I want to buy Tabletop Simulator during the sale if it has a good drop. But it also feels like it might be a huge time sink and mistake :)

I didn't think people were afraid to post birthdays - quite the opposite. I did the Hobbit birthday this year where I did giveaways and I know quite a few other people do too. Heck, there's quite a few forumers who have my real name and address at this point so I'm probably lucky I haven't had 20 unpaid pizzas show up at my door at this point.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So Abyss Odyssey showed up on sale today. Interesting and quirky looking thing by the Zeno Clash devs, so if you liked Zeno Clash you should maybe take a look at it. Running at 33% off right now, and I doubt it's going lower during the sale.

(edit: oh, I just noticed it doesn't actually release until July 15. I missed that tidbit. Curses for surfing Steam on tiny phone screen I can barely read!)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    So that new Team Fortress 2 video is pretty awesome.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    So Abyss Odyssey showed up on sale today. Interesting and quirky looking thing by the Zeno Clash devs, so if you liked Zeno Clash you should maybe take a look at it. Running at 33% off right now, and I doubt it's going lower during the sale.
    Ooh wishlisted. I enjoy Zeno Clash's quirk but I also really liked what they did with Rock of Ages. So that's enough for me to want to see what else they've been up to.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I think I want to buy Tabletop Simulator during the sale if it has a good drop. But it also feels like it might be a huge time sink and mistake :)

I didn't think people were afraid to post birthdays - quite the opposite. I did the Hobbit birthday this year where I did giveaways and I know quite a few other people do too. Heck, there's quite a few forumers who have my real name and address at this point so I'm probably lucky I haven't had 20 unpaid pizzas show up at my door at this point.

I've thought the same thing about Tabletop Simulator, but hey maybe if enough of us get it we can organize steam thread tabletop nights, or better yet Steam thread Cards Against Humanity nights.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Wow, you guys are crazy! But I'm so glad to see that we're getting people making smaller donations too! THose huge donations are INSANE (Seriously @jragghen thats just insane) but EVERY bit helps so much. So with that pointed out, @Mahnmut @Elin @Talus @Chris: waffle king all of your donations fit into our "we love all donations big and small" marathon extravaganza. That means I need each of you to pick someone to receive 2 hours of extra streaming time. Choose between Myself, @Berylline @Krummith or @SmokeStacks to stream longer for your entertainment. Right now Berylline is at 6 out of a maximum of 8 hours, so only one person would be able to give her 2 hours before shes capped out on what she can do, Krummith can recieve 3 more hours, but Smokestacks and myself both have like 12+hours worth of donations to accept. :) So let me know! <3<3 thanks to EVERYONE donating, you're all awesome and we've already doubled what we made last year.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Who was talking about the Faery game? Trying to determine if its something the daughter might be interested in and wanted some opinions.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Ooh wishlisted. I enjoy Zeno Clash's quirk but I also really liked what they did with Rock of Ages. So that's enough for me to want to see what else they've been up to.
    A trailer, for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtKd6paqhEg

This discussion has been closed.