Options

old steem thred

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    LostNinja wrote: »
    @Iolo‌ @Jragghen‌ @CorriganX‌

Also as an aside to anyone using the child's play website to link to their local hospital's Amazon wishlist, you can go find the wishlist on amazon smile as well and purchase from there. If you do, Amazon donates a portion to the charity of your choice (child's play is an option!) and your charity can go a bit further.

Someone really should make it so the child's play website automatically links you there.

That's an excellent tip, thank you. Every little bit helps.

Also, if shipping is going to hammer your gift item, you can sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. For charity!

EDIT: We need better TOTPs, so:

2ntwtl7xi8q3.png

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    So quick question. With the Steam sale looming ever closer, I find that I may be in Europe for the duration of the sale. Is there any way for me to pay for stuff in USD, given that my bank is in the U.S.?

Yes and no. I normally charge to my credit card, which has no problem with overseas purchases like GOG or GreenManGaming. But when I was abroad during a Winter Sale, Steam would not let me make purchases on my US account with my US credit card from a foreign IP address, and I know it wasn't the credit card's fault because I used it exclusively on the trip and pre-approved it for foreign travel.

Your best bet would be to use Paypal as a third party (set it up to draw from your credit card), or just put money into your steam wallet now.

Well, By "may be in Europe", I mean "I'm already in Europe and will be for the next 2 weeks or so", so the wallet thing is out. How does the Paypal work to get me the U.S. prices? Because I'm seeing prices here in Euros.

You could use Tor and hope to random a US exit node.

You could vpn to the US, then go to the steam store from there. If you don't have one, I could maybe provide a guest account on my home VPN.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    So quick question. With the Steam sale looming ever closer, I find that I may be in Europe for the duration of the sale. Is there any way for me to pay for stuff in USD, given that my bank is in the U.S.?

Yes and no. I normally charge to my credit card, which has no problem with overseas purchases like GOG or GreenManGaming. But when I was abroad during a Winter Sale, Steam would not let me make purchases on my US account with my US credit card from a foreign IP address, and I know it wasn't the credit card's fault because I used it exclusively on the trip and pre-approved it for foreign travel.

Your best bet would be to use Paypal as a third party (set it up to draw from your credit card), or just put money into your steam wallet now.

Well, By "may be in Europe", I mean "I'm already in Europe and will be for the next 2 weeks or so", so the wallet thing is out. How does the Paypal work to get me the U.S. prices? Because I'm seeing prices here in Euros.

You can also email Steam support, and let them know you are out of your region. They can allow your account to make purchases from out-region and give you a store URL to hit that will return in-region pricing.

Worked for me when I was in the US for work one Christmas.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Well, looks like it worked. Kinda.

a03IKNn.png

Except it isn't like this is something you can just flip on. As the post says, its probably been in the pipe for weeks or months. They probably planned to roll it out right before the sale because it has less backend resource congestion.

Basically dude still got what he deserved.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Also as an aside to anyone using the child's play website to link to their local hospital's Amazon wishlist, you can go find the wishlist on amazon smile as well and purchase from there. If you do, Amazon donates a portion to the charity of your choice (child's play is an option!) and your charity can go a bit further.

Someone really should make it so the child's play website automatically links you there.

Also, if shipping is going to hammer your gift item, you can sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. For charity!

2ntwtl7xi8q3.png

OH SNAP, $10 DONATION MEANS YOU TRIGGERED OUR MARATHON TRAP CARD. You get to designate 2 hours of streaming time to myself, @berylline @krummith or @smokestacks during our "we love all donators, big and small" drive. Pls to be letting me know who gets to stream even more. (I vote for bery, we need more bunnies).

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

a03IKNn.png

Except it isn't like this is something you can just flip on. As the post says, its probably been in the pipe for weeks or months. They probably planned to roll it out right before the sale because it has less backend resource congestion.

It seems like I'm missing part of the story, here?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

a03IKNn.png

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/17/euro-truck-simulator-2-developer-gets-one-year-steam-ban-for-demonstrating-security-flaw/

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

a03IKNn.png

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/17/euro-truck-simulator-2-developer-gets-one-year-steam-ban-for-demonstrating-security-flaw/

Oh. Dude deserves the ban.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    tuxkamen wrote: »

2ntwtl7xi8q3.png

OH SNAP, $10 DONATION MEANS YOU TRIGGERED OUR MARATHON TRAP CARD. You get to designate 2 hours of streaming time to myself, @berylline @krummith or @smokestacks during our "we love all donators, big and small" drive. Pls to be letting me know who gets to stream even more. (I vote for bery, we need more bunnies).

This is great. I love that you are highlighting that every bit counts. I'm sure people are like me, love seeing those big donations, but all the small ones count.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    http://www.macgamestore.com/product/3287/Might-Magic-X-Legacy-Deluxe-Edition/

Might and Magic X for 7.50. Very unlikely to go below that in the Steam Sale, especially the deluxe edition. Store page says it comes with an option Steam key. Mac store but steam keys for Mac redeem Windows versions as well.

Great old school game, highly recommended. Not without issues, but it's still my second most played game this year behind Dark Souls 2. This also gets you Might and Magic VI, which is still not sold by itself on Steam.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Steam Thread!

So, I've been playing Tomb Raider, and it reminded me how much I love explore-y collectathons, and my wife was interested as well. Are there any good games that give you that Assassins Creed/Tomb Raider exploration/collection of things without the combat?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular

Um, hm. Half an hour all around.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Saints row the third.. it just keeps going. I'm maxed on like everything, so just running through missions, but it just keeps getting bigger... I hear 4 is great to....

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to @Bedlam for Rogue Legacy! :)

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    My wallet is weak this month. And cat-related things are messing with my head. But I would be a monster to completely miss a Child's Play drive.

So, a small bit from me ... Proof:
    childsplayproof061714.jpg

@iolo @corriganx @jragghen

Also, if this qualifies for increasing somebody's streaming time, I'll put it toward making @Smokestacks suffer stream longer...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Fired up some Duke Nukem Forever for a bit for some reason this morning.

Got to the first part where you can draw on the whiteboard:

jLEfs38.jpg

and I decided I'd get a little "artistic" (NSFW)

kKE0WCE.jpg
    DoeYlD3.jpg

I've just woken up from a 10 hour sleep and I think I may have woken everyone else up, laughing at this. You rock.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

You could use Tor and hope to random a US exit node.

You could vpn to the US, then go to the steam store from there. If you don't have one, I could maybe provide a guest account on my home VPN.

Yeah contact support now so they will allow your account to purchase outside of its region. If you are lucky they'll have it done by this time next week.

Other than that, you can logmein / teamviewer to your home PC and do the purchase from there.
    Use a US VPN.

To access the store in US prices, you can use this:

http://store.steampowered.com/index?cc=US

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    wtf.. saints row 3 spoilers:
    burt reynolds!!!!!

that is all

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    My wallet is weak this month. And cat-related things are messing with my head. But I would be a monster to completely miss a Child's Play drive.

So, a small bit from me ... Proof:
    childsplayproof061714.jpg

iolo corriganx jragghen

Also, if this qualifies for increasing somebody's streaming time, I'll put it toward making @Smokestacks suffer stream longer...

Woo. I was worried you assholes would be making me stream more, but i'm all for laughing at smokes and bery as their timers get longer. <3

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Saints row the third.. it just keeps going. I'm maxed on like everything, so just running through missions, but it just keeps getting bigger... I hear 4 is great to....
    4 is one of the best games I've ever played. I could live in that magical world.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    How long is the matching donation going for?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    @Xiears Though it would be a good idea to launch a retaliation by sending me Metro 2033.

HNGHGNGHHH!!!
    *nosebleed*
    *coughs blood*

The class..... it's too much!

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

a03IKNn.png

Yep, which is why no one should ever report or demonstrate security flaws. Because as Target, LivingSocial, Blizzard, Adobe and Ebay have shown: no one will ever exploit them anyway.

Especially ones that allow access to user's session IDs and also allows users to be unknowingly redirected to a screen(while still within the steam browser) that could say something along the lines of "Your stored credit card information has expired, please enter a new method of payment."

And peoples reactions like "Got what he deserved lol" is the reason that the silly gooses that think its ok to take months to fix that kind of flaw.

/InformationSecurityRAGE

...Oh, and I beat Hard Reset and was kind of pissed at the ending or rather lack there of, great game though otherwise.

EDIT: Here's a great visual:
    http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/worlds-biggest-data-breaches-hacks/

Shade on
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Yes, and @Firebird‌ swung right back with Velvet Assassin!! According to him we're even.
    We're not even.

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Down to 7 games left with cards that can drop.

If I've learned anything over this past week, is that I own a lot of game with cards...that aren't very good games at all.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Down to 7 games left with cards that can drop.

If I've learned anything over this past week, is that I own a lot of game with cards...that aren't very good games at all.

Never change your avatar.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Woo. I was worried you assholes would be making me stream more, but i'm all for laughing at smokes and bery as their timers get longer. <3

Here you go Corrigan, 2 more stream hours just for you, we can't leave all those scary games unfinished now, can we?!

955OShY.png

@CorriganX @iolo

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Here you go Corrigan, 2 more stream hours just for you, we can't leave all those scary games unfinished now, can we?!

@CorriganX @iolo

This is why no one likes you portugators. >:(

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular

a03IKNn.png

He just got unbanned so I guess he didn't really get punished much in the end.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Good question. @Jragghen‌?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Good question. @Jragghen‌?

And is there a limit? I might not be able to drop what I was hoping to, because my wife's laptop just kicked the bucket so I've got to replace that, but I think I'll still have some cash left over to make a nice donation.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Guys, Bad Rats is fucking terrible.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    I'm sure it's not that bad.

• Options

If we raise $100 before the end of the night, I'll make Minor Incident play Bad Rats.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

If we raise $100 before the end of the night, I'll make Minor Incident play Bad Rats.

Not including any donations from minor incident himself so as not to dissuade him, eh?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular

Not including any donations from minor incident himself so as not to dissuade him, eh?

Or subtract any donations from minor incident himself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options

If he doesnt hate children he'd donate $100 himself. Because its for the kids. YOU DONT HATE KIDS DO YOU MI

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.macgamestore.com/product/3287/Might-Magic-X-Legacy-Deluxe-Edition/

Might and Magic X for 7.50. Very unlikely to go below that in the Steam Sale, especially the deluxe edition. Store page says it comes with an option Steam key. Mac store but steam keys for Mac redeem Windows versions as well.

Great old school game, highly recommended. Not without issues, but it's still my second most played game this year behind Dark Souls 2. This also gets you Might and Magic VI, which is still not sold by itself on Steam.

That is a redonkulus deal.
    Thanks for sharing it man.

• Options
    What the fuck did I just get roped into?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »

a03IKNn.png

Yep, which is why no one should ever report or demonstrate security flaws. Because as Target, LivingSocial, Blizzard, Adobe and Ebay have shown: no one will ever exploit them anyway.

Especially ones that allow access to user's session IDs and also allows users to be unknowingly redirected to a screen(while still within the steam browser) that could say something along the lines of "Your stored credit card information has expired, please enter a new method of payment."

And peoples reactions like "Got what he deserved lol" is the reason that the silly gooses that think its ok to take months to fix that kind of flaw.

/InformationSecurityRAGE

...Oh, and I beat Hard Reset and was kind of pissed at the ending or rather lack there of, great game though otherwise.

EDIT: Here's a great visual:
    http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/worlds-biggest-data-breaches-hacks/

Except to demonstrate them openly actually increases abuse! Surprise!

For every 'success' story you have SQL injection exploits that last for months because there just isn't any way to roll out the fixes that cover all bases but those 'helpful whitehats' just keep abusing it to 'prove it and OMG BE HELP.' because they want to be internet famous.

Sorry, but 90% of 'helping' proves to just be a pain in the ass unless its someone hired by security firms to do an actual analysis and be useful. I know people grew up on Hackers and shit and think the internet is full of good people, but that isn't really how it works either.

So, yes, what that person did was pointless and could have led to a lot of people abusing it that didn't even know it existed to begin with. Keep on with thinking the dude is some kind of folk hero though.

If it did anything, it probably forced them to roll out the new system even quicker which possibly have left in new and exciting exploits as Q&A time was cut short! Thank you random internet dude, for all your help!

:|

Related to actual games: The MMX Legacy thing works just fine. Got my key instantly. Registered just fine. I think its a great deal and I'm probably going to plop down some hours on MMX because hey, I love this kind

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.