As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: FORGET BOOMER THE REAL TRAGEDY IS SPEED RACER'S LACK OF T4CT (heh)

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Though there is a pretty fantastic bit of dialogue right near the end of ep 1 that's one of my favorite possible responses in the entire series.

Also, Mike, I regret to inform you that Keep It Up is incompatible with my android phone.

i'll report it to technical

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Keep It Up - Best Online Technical 2014

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Though there is a pretty fantastic bit of dialogue right near the end of ep 1 that's one of my favorite possible responses in the entire series.

Also, Mike, I regret to inform you that Keep It Up is incompatible with my android phone.

i'll report it to technical

It is a Samsung SCH-I400

Please advise

I'm not sure I can go another moment without playing Mike Blais' Keep It Up

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    What the fuck, why isn't Destiny out yet

I think this is the first time I've played a beta and then ached for the finished product rather than going "eh, not for me"

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Season 2 definitely feels different than 1 but I can't really describe why. A big part of it may be the lack of a character who judges your actions like Clem or Snow.

• Options
    This wouldn't be an issue if Verizon would stop being assholes and update the phone's Android OS to 2.3.

But no, I am stuck on Froyo.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I think this is the first time I've played a beta and then ached for the finished product rather than going "eh, not for me"

Only a few months, less if you pre-order and really want to play the in the Beta.

What class did you like?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Only a few months, less if you pre-order and really want to play the in the Beta.

What class did you like?

I only played as a Titan, so

Titan

Well, I played a little bit of Hunter on a friend's system, but I definitely preferred the ground-punch move to the golden gun and I really liked how my double jump felt compared to his

• Options
    Yeah once I realized that Titan was the only class that has an actual jet pack it became the obvious choice for me. Tribes 4 life.

Also the best armor and melee means I get to just jump in, land in the middle of a bunch of dudes, and punch them to death.

What could possibly top that?

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah once I realized that Titan was the only class that has an actual jet pack it became the obvious choice for me. Tribes 4 life.

Also the best armor and melee means I get to just jump in, land in the middle of a bunch of dudes, and punch them to death.

Brofist, Tribes brother.

I should give Ascend another go sometime...

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

Brofist, Tribes brother.

I wonder how the playerbase is now?

Only reason why I stopped playing is that I left my desktop behind in America.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

Brofist, Tribes brother.

I wonder how the playerbase is now?

Only reason why I stopped playing is that I left my desktop behind in America.

Yeah I have no idea. I was enjoying it for a good while but then stopped at one point for... Not sure why, honestly.

Maybe I'll fire it up again sometime next week and check out how it's going.

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    This wouldn't be an issue if Verizon would stop being assholes and update the phone's Android OS to 2.3.

If you're still on Froyo, you're phone is 3-4 years old.

That is... a long time to still expect Verizon to still care about it.

Also if it was a low end phone from 2-3 years ago with Froyo still on it, that thing probably can't handle anything higher than that anyway.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

Also if it was a low end phone from 2-3 years ago with Froyo still on it, that thing probably can't handle anything higher than that anyway.

Kit kat is actually designed to run on low end hardware so ROMs make old phones own

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

Kit kat is actually designed to run on low end hardware so ROMs make old phones own

Oh yeah. Sure. Root that sucker and throw a custom ROM on it (if there are any solid ones out there). For sure.

But don't expect it to come from Verizon.

I mean, sure in a perfect world, but they're entire market is designed on two year contracts and phone upgrades. Even Google has a time limit on how long they expect a phone to get upgrades and it is shorter than 4 years for sure.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I finished Wolfenstein

That is one hell of a game. Easily the best FPS with Nazis as the bad guys I have ever played. I was gonna say WWII but most of the game is in the 60s soooo.

Fantastic characters, rock solid shooting, great sense of style.

Really wanna see what MachineGames makes next

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    J's final scene and the whole ending was just so goddamn great

And they even snuck
    DIE, ALLIED SCHWEINHUNDT
    in in a way that didn't feel forced or cheesey at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Those photos Vinny has been tweeting all week of him getting gear and setting up the new studio has got me hyped. I know this technically doesn't increase my chances of working for them some day, but if I ever see them in the street I will beg them to let me clean their studio or get them coffee or do something for free.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Hey blahs!

I had a joke here but I love that my phone auto corrected your name to blahs

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    You fools, how could you give mike so much power.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    On the sexism discussion at the end of the last thread, I disagree with Tal's point because it removes responsibility from the individual. While it's true that we live in a sexist society, I think that once you're aware of that it's quite easy to move away from it.

A lot of that is going to depend on each person's background and upbringing, but I'm fairly confident in saying I'm not sexist. You can argue that I'm just telling myself that, but if I'm not doing or saying anything sexist then who can say otherwise, really.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    no, there is no responsibility moved away from the individual

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

Yeah, the responsibility is still there.

We all are products of a sexist culture, and our responsibility lies in how we decide to respond to that. Do we just keep doing what we're doing because that's just always how it's been, or do we try and do what we can to understand the root causes and better ourselves and others?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    So finally picked up Witcher 2 since it was part of the steam sale and hearing everyone go on about it all the time. Is there anything that needs to be patched or good stuff to know beforehand?
    All I really know is bomb's are good at the start and is the controller fine or should I stick to mouse+keyboard?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Personally I think it feels better with a controller.

• Options

We all are products of a sexist culture, and our responsibility lies in how we decide to respond to that. Do we just keep doing what we're doing because that's just always how it's been, or do we try and do what we can to understand the root causes and better ourselves and others?

Then what's the reason for saying 'we're all sexist' other than to be inflammatory and/or self-deprecating? Doesn't seem at all constructive.

ladi.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I got through the whole of unpatched witcher with a keyboard and mouse. It works.

At any rate, bombs are important, and spells are important, but mostly, everything is about managing where people are. You can't fight several people at one, and there's a lot of risk of getting swarmed if you don't back off. Try to isolate people, try to stun them, or trap them, or weaken them, then pick them off one by one. If you've got several people running at you, roll around them and try to pick off the people at the back.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/19/fifa-15-heading-to-3ds-and-wii-not-wii-u/

EA really following through on their side of the "unprecedented partnership".

• Options
    Oh man I finally got a chance to watch the 25 minute gameplay video for Phantom Pain.

I NEED THIS GAME YESTERDAY.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/19/fifa-15-heading-to-3ds-and-wii-not-wii-u/

EA really following through on their side of the "unprecedented partnership".

I can't tell what's worse, EA for this or Ubi for finishing a game for Wii U and just not releasing it until the Wii U sells more, and then claiming that letting you play as a girl in a game would be too resource intensive.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I should get back into xenoblade, and this time ignore all those BS side quests. Think last place I left off was I met some high elf looking people?

Also, do they ever get armor that isn't goofy looking? Reyn looks like a gobot and shulk and the sniper rifle lady both look like they are going to a beach party.

Dunban looks fine because, Dunban. And I don't use Riki.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Shen wrote: »

Then what's the reason for saying 'we're all sexist' other than to be inflammatory and/or self-deprecating? Doesn't seem at all constructive.

if you accept that we live in a sexist society, that is constantly reinforcing sexism, how can you claim that it is not also constantly influencing you

how can you say that you can just move away from it, rather than that being a continuous, everyday effort (to match the continuous, everyday influence of sexism)

you say the idea that everybody is sexist is inflammatory but that's part of the problem, that sexism is some kind of black mark that applies to other people and not a disease that infects all of us, that being sexist is an accusation and not a mundane reality

that idea is how when people get called out for something sexist, they say "woah hey how could you say I did something sexist, that's impossible because i'm not sexist. also, how dare you accuse me of it!"

in short,
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I agree in principle but I also think that there's a lot to be said for tearing off the proverbial band-aid here. Admitting forthrightly and honestly that, yes, this is a problem that infects all of our thinking, sometimes without us knowing, is a very important and probably necessary first step to improvement.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So I finally played some Mario kart last night after owning it for a week
    Great tracks, gorgeous game

I'm a little disappointed in how much the gliding and stuff doesn't seem to matter

And overall uh

I thing Sega racing transformed is maybe the better game

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »

if you accept that we live in a sexist society, that is constantly reinforcing sexism, how can you claim that it is not also constantly influencing you

how can you say that you can just move away from it, rather than that being a continuous, everyday effort (to match the continuous, everyday influence of sexism)

you say the idea that everybody is sexist is inflammatory but that's part of the problem, that sexism is some kind of black mark that applies to other people and not a disease that infects all of us, that being sexist is an accusation and not a mundane reality

that idea is how when people get called out for something sexist, they say "woah hey how could you say I did something sexist, that's impossible because i'm not sexist. also, how dare you accuse me of it!"

in short,
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I agree in principle but I also think that there's a lot to be said for tearing off the proverbial band-aid here. Admitting forthrightly and honestly that, yes, this is a problem that infects all of our thinking, sometimes without us knowing, is a very important and probably necessary first step to improvement.

Society isn't some unassailable monolith. Once a person is aware of the fact that it's influencing them then they can address the more immediately obvious aspects and take a tac of continuous improvement towards the more pervasive elements.

Besides, the social constructs around us all differ. If everybody is sexist, then who can we look to for guidance? It's not a case of the blind leading the blind, there are absolutely people who can provide teaching.

One can also, to varying levels of effectiveness, hold themselves apart from aspects of culture they consider toxic. An awareness of sexism can lead to consuming different media, talking to different people, spending your time differently. A person is not the society that surrounds them.

ladi.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    the lady who owns the place I'm staying in has been up and talking with people since at least 2 AM

I know it's 2 AM because they woke me up and have not stopped talking long enough for me to go back to sleep

it's 5 AM now and I was going to get up at 6:30

sigh

• Options
    I was once told that I can be racist and not be A racist, and that there is a difference.

I assume sexism is kinda like that.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    You can be sexy but not sexist?

I'll allow it.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Jason Oestreicher (of Game Informer) is the new video hire. Got leaked by Glenn Percival on the Playstation Nation podcast (who is currently being very apologetic on Neogaf). So right now it's looking like Ryckert is the other guy.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Ceno wrote: »
    Jason Oestreicher (of Game Informer) is the new video hire. Got leaked by Glenn Percival on the Playstation Nation podcast (who is currently being very apologetic on Neogaf). So right now it's looking like Ryckert is the other guy.

Maaaan

Like don't get me wrong, as faar as experience and stuff I absolutely get it

But I'm not gonna pretend that's not my least favorite choice

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Maybe Jeff was looking specifically for someone he could easily bounce off of on podcast?

This discussion has been closed.