As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] this puppy into the ground

• Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    CSI Miami is really bad

why am I watching it

It's pretty bad. My wife is watching it

I think I'll read some Amber Spyglass

My favorite part of these CSI shows is that apparently the forensics experts are also street cops, detectives, prosecutors, and witness interviewers; I mean I'd be surprised if they didn't also get the case ready for trial and argue it to the judge as well...yeesh.

Also they wear pretty revealing clothes for operating on a crime scene. And never tie their hair back.

Oh god, why do the masses love these shows so

Medopine on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    hi guys i go to columbia, any questions?

why do you hate america

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What happened to Spike in Cowboy Bebop?

Some sort of mods to him?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    it's obvious
    this is the university of havana north
    that's what bill o'reilly said

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Whenever I'm at a crime scene, I find that having my jobbly wobblies open and hanging free helps me concentrate.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    And the Heroes thread is already full of stupid.

Quicker than last season!

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    shaz tell me what's cool to do in NYC this week and if you want to do it with me okay

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcD0Mmyp3f4

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Seriously, they are basically lifting fingerprints with their boobs.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcD0Mmyp3f4

NO

MY HEAD ASPLODE

Haha ok I'll watch that, this episode on tv just got ridiculous.

WE IDENTIFIED YOU BY THE FOOTPRINT OF YOUR VERY POPULAR ADIDIAS TYPE SHOE, WE HAVE YOU NOW MUAHAHA

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Seriously, they are basically lifting fingerprints with their boobs.

To be fair, they're nice jubblies

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Does anyone have that complete Pratchett passage with that quote "tax the rat farms" handy?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

A lot of things happened to Spike in Cowboy Bebop. What are you asking?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    this connection forbids streaming video so tell me why my head should asplode as well

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    heroes is fun to watch but the thread is awful

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

The flashback scenes where he's on an operating table.

This would be a spoiler if it wasn't, like, the first episode so I'm not bothering.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    this connection forbids streaming video so tell me why my head should asplode as well

7 minutes of David Caruso one liners

SEVEN MINUTES STRAIGHT

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    shaz tell me what's cool to do in NYC this week and if you want to do it with me okay
    this week, well, what's cool for me is writing that massive computer science program that i should've been doing instead of going to the halo 3 launch event

and then i am going home on friday to do things at home

this week is not party week... it is the week before 3 midterms and a paper week
    so basically it is a suck week

they have die hard the puppet musical somewhere though

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Shortly before the Patrician came to power there was a terrible plague of rats. The city council countered it by offering twenty pence for every rat tail. This did, for a week or two, reduce the number of rats -- and then people were suddenly queuing up with tails, the city treasury was being drained, and no one seemed to be doing much work. And there still seemed to be a lot of rats around. Lord Vetinari had listened carefully while the problem was explained, and had solved the thing with one memorable phrase which said a lot about him, about the folly of bounty offers, and about the natural instincts of Ankh-Morporkians in any situation involving money: "Tax the rat farms."

One of my favorite quotes

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

7 minutes of David Caruso one liners

SEVEN MINUTES STRAIGHT

"You do...if you have something to hide." 8-)
    "Murder...Miami style." 8-)
    "The jury...is out." 8-)
    "The doctor...is in." 8-)

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I don't know who that is but I hate one-liners on principle so

HEAD ASPLODE, etc.

gosh it is hard to resist becoming a whore when I live in a hotel room designed for two people, on my lonesome, and that hotel room is the one nearest the back of the hotel, and at the end of the hall, and completely belongs to me

all of the hassle of stupid internet hook-ups and prostitution is gone

it is hard to resist!, but fortunately answering hundreds and hundreds of questions on OkCupid is far more satisfying than actually doing anything that carries with it a risk of rejection

click click click

head asplode

I think I have class in seven hours

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm mad at myself
    Because I knew of the problem and ignored it
    and at whatever retard designed this case

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You know Oboro, while it is understandable that a person in your position would have a deep connection to their sexual identity in their conscious mind when it has been a major instigator of many of your major issues and conundrums in life, sometimes I think you need to chillax and think outside the box and the penis which goes in it sometimes when pondering just how or why you are wherever you happen to be.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

This would be a spoiler if it wasn't, like, the first episode so I'm not bothering.

Not quite the first episode. That's Sympathy for the Devil. First was Asteroid Blues.
    One eye is fake. The only "why" you ever get is "lost it in an accident", but the reason for it is so they can write a bunch of really noir-cheesy lines about the eyes seeing different things "metaphorically" blah blah blah such and such mess with Faye's head shit.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Not quite the first episode. That's Sympathy for the Devil. First was Asteroid Blues.
    One eye is fake. The only "why" you ever get is "lost it in an accident", but the reason for it is so they can write a bunch of really noir-cheesy lines about the eyes seeing different things "metaphorically" blah blah blah such and such mess with Faye's head shit.

I thought it was implied that losing the eye was part of the Julia/Vicious clusterfuck that almost killed him and allowed him to fake his death to get out of that crime sindicate

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Mang, I usually am not thinking with any sort of genital-inspired fervor. I usually forcibly push it out of mind-- granted, the last thing I am focusing on is academics/employment, but only because focusing on them is rather depressing and I'm coming to realize I am not ready to focus on academics.

There's a techie opening with an $18/hr starting salary and full benefits/protections I can get, guaranteed, if I am willing to suffer the 40+ hour work week. I don't see myself doing so well this semester that I can earn the full scholarship/transfer that I desperately want. If I get the job, I have financial security and can begin piecing together an actual life.

It's proving to be too much for me to piece together a life while trying to further my academic career without any sort of support network, and that support network is refusing to materialize. Dropping out (I think it's still half-refund period, joy), eating the cost, and trying to just live like a normal adult might be my best option.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So my favorite CSI is the one where someone had taken a bodyshot off the dead girl. And they lifted the "tongue print" and used it to find a suspect.

A motherfucking "tongue print".

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I thought it was implied that losing the eye was part of the Julia/Vicious clusterfuck that almost killed him and allowed him to fake his death to get out of that crime sindicate

All I know is I want whatever drugs Vicious is on.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So my favorite CSI is the one where someone had taken a bodyshot off the dead girl. And they lifted the "tongue print" and used it to find a suspect.

I don't know how that so implausible when they have magic computers that take pictures with two pixels reflected through three windows and someone's eyeball and blow them up to clean 1024x768 images every fucking episode

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's proving to be too much for me to piece together a life while trying to further my academic career without any sort of support network, and that support network is refusing to materialize. Dropping out (I think it's still half-refund period, joy), eating the cost, and trying to just live like a normal adult might be my best option.

Eliminating furthering academics is eliminating a huge part of what "a life" is, as well as eliminating the ability to progress further later on. Also, the capacity to learn really does diminish with age.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I don't know how that so implausible when they have magic computers that take pictures with two pixels reflected through three windows and someones eyeball and blow them up to clean 1024x768 images every fucking episode

*tap tap tap on the keyboard*

Enhance

*tap tap tap*

Enhance

*tap tap tap*

ENHANCE

Medopine on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah, also it is why he can shoot so damn well.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Eliminating furthering academics is eliminating a huge part of what "a life" is, as well as eliminating the ability to progress further later on. Also, the capacity to learn really does diminish with age.

That's funny because I was going to reply with "you can always go back to school."

Medopine on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shortly before the Patrician came to power there was a terrible plague of rats. The city council countered it by offering twenty pence for every rat tail. This did, for a week or two, reduce the number of rats -- and then people were suddenly queuing up with tails, the city treasury was being drained, and no one seemed to be doing much work. And there still seemed to be a lot of rats around. Lord Vetinari had listened carefully while the problem was explained, and had solved the thing with one memorable phrase which said a lot about him, about the folly of bounty offers, and about the natural instincts of Ankh-Morporkians in any situation involving money: "Tax the rat farms."

One of my favorite quotes
    Man, I love you man.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

That's funny because I was going to reply with "you can always go back to school."

I really want Oboro's life to turn out well, and am incredibly worried - or at least as worried as one can be about a person from the interwebs - that he is making ill-informed decisions. Possibly based off pop-culture.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    i have too much free mountain dew gamer fuel all up in me, they kept pushing that shit on us and i am caffeinated

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Seriously ELM, there's not that big a difference between going to school at 19 and going to school at 20. You have to remember, I went from spending nine months couch-hopping and, at the end, completely homeless-- and below the poverty line for the past two years total-- and instantly was forced to transition back to the college lifestyle,

with a 10 mile commute and the necessary isolation of living alone, and at the end of the hallway, and being somewhat further isolated because of my life choices, and...

I know that I'm largely making excuses, but it's really been very difficult for me and the small victories I've made just segued into larger battles that are hard to juggle alongside the academic work. I've never lived with anyone in my life, but I've never lived alone either-- all of the rigmarole and responsibility is foreign to me, and I'm again on a poverty-level budget for anything other than on-campus food, and it's just such a struggle to make ends meet on all levels.

Academics are so hard right now-- I need to get a job regardless, and a full-time job I partially enjoy with great pay and benefits seems so much more ideal than a part-time job I'll hate juggled with academics juggled with learning how to be an adult.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, Pinback sucks.

Why do ex-girlfriends always like such crappy music?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm disappointed by the assy response to devoir's thread, which I actually considered sort of interesting. It's different from the run of the mill D&D but I guess different is bad.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.