Astaereth wrote: »
    That'sthejoke.jpg

ws3qwecve7w9.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Fair point. I do wish the assassins had a larger role in the over all plot. Having Croc count as one of them even though you defeat him in the tutorial was really lame, so was delegating two of them to side missions.

That said, the Electrocutioner fight is one of the finest boss fights in the Arkham series. The way he combos out of an AoE necessitating you to learn how to dodge and counter in one motion is really brilliant. Having to distract him by hitting the cameras to show off the cockney minion's legs was a clever way to end the first part of the fight. But the second part? Now that's some cheap bullshit. When he starts zapping the water under the ice to make lightening geysers you have to refreeze via the vents? What a pain in the ass. Phase 3 wasn't too bad, what with him being a lot more vulnerable after you shatter his arm via that torpedo.

Wait what?

Electrocutioner we went down after one punch. Did I miss something?

It's a glitchy game.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I'm losing it here.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have to say I really liked the call back From Asylum to Joker meeting Harley for the first time. It makes it a lot more like Joker.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Say what you will, but Origins has some of the best boss fights in the series.
    Freeze in City still takes the crown, but Deathstroke is the best 'fight' boss fight. I even liked the achievement for beating him without getting hit once (and I usually hate one-chance achievements like that), because it felt so right.

And I still want Electrocutioner to be added as a challenge character. He'd be an excellent expert character; permanent shock gloves, and no health.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So looks like GameStop has exclusive Story DLC to play as Red Hood.

ARKHAM_HOOD1.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    ugh, fuck you GameStop. I want to pre-order this on Steam, stay home, and stay up until 3am to wait for it to unlock like any sane person would.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm sorry. That's not Jason Todd. That's a fat/overweight guy in suspenders and a really shitty Halloween costume pretending to be the Red Hood.

This is what the Red Hood looks like.

wCXAiUO.jpg?1

XRTXTHA.jpg

tCSuRqP.jpg

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Oh, that's rich.

Just wait until they announce that his guns fire tranquilizers/rubber bullets or some such. Looking at you Deathstroke!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah. Todd's capable of not killing people. He goes for non-fatal attacks when working with Bruce, and primarily uses martial arts on law enforcement/etc... but he has quite a sizable body count when taking on legit bad guys.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    @vagrant_winds‌ , those are the edges of his coat, not suspenders. And is that confirmation that
    the AK is Jason Todd?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    @vagrant_winds‌ , those are the edges of his coat, not suspenders. And is that confirmation that
    the AK is Jason Todd?

I'd love it if that was the case.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    the AK is Jason Todd?

I'd love it if that was the case.
    Seems kinda redundant.

Looks like the AK figures are gonna get previewed at SDCC

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    There is some evidence pointing in that direction. The outfit, the gun use, the calling of Bats old man, they all point to
    Jason. Possibly a red herring? Might be a fakeout by Hush, he did the same thing in his debut arc.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'm sorry. That's not Jason Todd. That's a fat/overweight guy in suspenders and a really shitty Halloween costume pretending to be the Red Hood.

Realize he doesn't look like Jason Todd (body wise at least). But I would really call the physique more "professional" wrestler-ish like John Cena as opposed to fat or overweight. He has a heavier built but it looks mostly muscle.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    There is some evidence pointing in that direction. The outfit, the gun use, the calling of Bats old man, they all point to
    Jason. Possibly a red herring? Might be a fakeout by Hush, he did the same thing in his debut arc.

I mean, there were a whole bunch of loose end type stories in AC that they should probably wrap up, right?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I think I'm one of the few people (if not the only person) hoping the Arkham Knight is actually a new character. It would be a bit anticlimatic, probably? But as long as he is done well (which is a big if), I'll be happy. Happier than if there is an "OMG it was ____ all along".

Granted they could still pull that shit with a new character. Suddenly an athletic young reporter shows up at every crime scene, I wonder what his deal is.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    First pencils from Earth One volume 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I think I'm one of the few people (if not the only person) hoping the Arkham Knight is actually a new character. It would be a bit anticlimatic, probably? But as long as he is done well (which is a big if), I'll be happy. Happier than if there is an "OMG it was ____ all along".

Granted they could still pull that shit with a new character. Suddenly an athletic young reporter shows up at every crime scene, I wonder what his deal is.

If it's who all the spoilers in this thread suggest, that's a shame because that name doesn't really mean anything in the Arkham game universe.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Well he's already hinted at in the AC DLC.
    If you pay as Robin in the challenge rooms Joker will say something like "didn't I kill you?"

It just seems a very odd story arc for the Joker to not be in the "final" game. It'd be like Return of the Jedi with Vader. They will have to do something really amazing to make up for his absence if they truly keep him out of this one.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I think that's more of a funny reference than a hint. You might be right but I don't read that much into it myself.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I haven't played the DLC for Arkham City yet (I know, for shame!). Is there an explanation for why Harley looks so different or did they just decide to go a different route for whatever reason (mo-cap,whatever) ?

Egos on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Just a change in art style

It looks like a blending of Rocksteady's style with WB Montreal's

Since Origins has a much better-looking style than Asylum or City, I can only view this as a good thing

Arkham Knight's art direction looks pretty solid so far

• Options
    Well he's already hinted at in the AC DLC.
    If you pay as Robin in the challenge rooms Joker will say something like "didn't I kill you?"

It just seems a very odd story arc for the Joker to not be in the "final" game. It'd be like Return of the Jedi with Vader. They will have to do something really amazing to make up for his absence if they truly keep him out of this one.

Well Hamill claims to be retiring the voice, so unless it's a huge work, who knows?

I just hope they go "FUCK IT" and roll right into Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker in game form.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Batman Beyond by Rocksteady....

*drool*

• Options
    Troy Baker apparently needs work so they'll find some way to shoehorn in Joker.

Even if it's just flashbacks/recorded footage.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maybe it was just an off hand joke, but with Tim and Dick in their respective rolls it seems like it works on the meta level, but also in universe.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Troy Baker apparently needs work

Oh dear

Did literally every game ever made cancel?

• Options
    Maybe it was just an off hand joke, but with Tim and Dick in their respective rolls it seems like it works on the meta level, but also in universe.

I think that's supposed to be the point of joker though.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    We hatin' on Troy Baker now?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    We hatin' on Troy Baker now?

I think so, because he personally forced Mark Hamill to retire from the role.[/fan]

I was actually impressed by Baker's work in Origins, since he had to mimic someone else's portrayal, which isn't easy, but he did well. I suspect that someone who didn't know they'd been changed wouldn't notice.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Troy was fantastic in Origins. Not sure why you would disagree.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Did a replay of Arkham Asylum for Batman day. Finished up today. Kinda rushed, (skipping some cutscenes/dialogue), I finished it in under 9 hours.

Fun stuff, but the combat feel pretty incomplete in comparison to what you have in AC and AO.

I like to think he punched rebreathers down their throats.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Troy was good. Mark was better. Sorry man, its the truth. Try having someone else voice darth vader in the new movie. People will hate it no matter how close they get it.

I was a big farscape fan. I recently picked up the blue ray collection, watched it over a few weeks, then got the peacekeeper wars miniseries to complete my viewing experience. The peacekeeper wars basically ruined my final experience because they got someone else to voice Pilot.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Lani Tupu (the actor for Crais) did Pilot's voice in the Peacekeeper Wars just like he did for the entire series.

• Options
    To be fair, Mark Hamill had years to perfect the voice.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    If it was him then they did something wrong. He sounded completely different.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    The problem with voicing a character like the Joker is the you either have to nail the voice people are used to, or you have to give it a new and different enough take to make it your own. Anything in between will be met with disappointment.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    My personal problem with the Joker is while he's a good villain, Ra's al Ghul is a better one and has way more to work with.

This discussion has been closed.